Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior's touch me and you're dead skill

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yungwang View Post
    You do know the hidden proc right? Just crazy on how much rogues are crying about vorpal and darkwatchers lol. Idk I just found it funny. Ppl die to warrior and say omg he glitching. Just like when ppl would say omg rogue one shotted me he glitching!!!

Enlighten me on the hidden proc... I want to be dazzled about this hidden proc on the ALP. Apparently my level 20 ALP doesn't have it.

Rogues don't one shot you unless you are terrible or lower level with horrible gear. I had a warrior cry that I crit him for 11000 when pvp came out. Yeah right. My gear was worse than I have now. The best crit I have seen so far is a little over 2k on a warrior that I think is average warrior. Throw up juggie and see what it is.

I have never one shot a warrior. I don't even three shot them. Maybe a rogue can get 3k with the blue patch. I don't see many of those in pvp. If you are letting a rogue freestyle Aimed shot on you for 5 rounds you have other issues than a rogue critting you.

I have a level 20 watchers and 21 vorpal. The vorpal is not as bad as the watchers.

I was fine with it prior to the stun change. Now I have no chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    I really don't get why all the warriors are crying that rogues take kills. They get all the flags for gods sake!
    Rogues get kills, wars get flags. None of them should complain...
    And what do sorcerers get? Deaths? LOL

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

@Energizeric

I've played against a few really, really good Sorcs. They usually shadow Warriors, making it tough to target them. With the Warrior taking the damage and casting shield, Sorcs can just Nuke all day.

Unfortunately, being a really good Sorc requires another player (preferably Warrior). 1v1 Sorcs are useless without stuns....hence the added crutch introduced with this patch.

At least Rogues have enough burst damage to compete somewhat, but without stuns, both classes suffer...Sorcs more so.

I still stand by some of my suggestions in your other thread. Frankly, STS should add Shield immunity so warriors don't constantly buff eachother, or their whole party.

As it stands, with the introduction of pets again, I am seeing a greater and greater divide between those with the best pets and gear versus those with midrange setups. Sure, it is the same as the old Demonic gear in PL, but for those with standard Glyph gear, you could still out play someone who had better gear. Tactics like tree hugging (yes, I said it) could counter OP opponents, and well-times combos could take down anybody (lightning, ice, fireball, drain...gf - or against DEX Birds - Drain...gf :-). Unfortunately, the immense stat bonuses that pets like Malison add is simply too much to overcome if the best pet you've got is Abagail or Tankton and you are wearing Villanous or Heroic gear. At least with PL PvP, elite gear gave you a slight edge whereas in AL, it gives you an overwhelming edge.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

*again, this isnt a complaint.im just curious about this one hit thing comin from warriors cos since ctf release i havent been one
    shot killed.i play about 12 hours of pvp so dont ask me about experience.i also have two level 21 warriors and all i can say is i cant reproduce this so called proc and one hit thing just by releasing whirlwind even after vengeance.

anyway, sts just nerf proc for swords but i bet this one hit thing will still continue if its really a so called "glitch"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Release whirlwind after vengeance AND vorpal proc. Boom goes the dynamite.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wolfkult View Post
    Release whirlwind after vengeance AND vorpal proc. Boom goes the dynamite.
    that's me

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

it seems that light-fireball-shield -lifegiver isnt much effective as.before to take down good warriors. so i drop lifegiver for frost.

worka fine. though i cant be a support to team:/ which sucks

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I have to thank spiderpig once again making this thread. People have to have an open mind pvp is in beta. Loop holes, exploits, and other suspicious activity can occur. I'm so glad a dev is looking into this. When a questionable activity is afoot and questioned, the first word comes to mind from others that committee the very same thing is "lol noob, you're crazy, he has skill" comments. It just only means they're hiding it or even worst abusing that activity by gloating about it. If you see something unusual, speak up.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    it seems that light-fireball-shield -lifegiver isnt much effective as.before to take down good warriors. so i drop lifegiver for frost.

worka fine. though i cant be a support to team:/ which sucks

If your that sorc I kept meeting last night, you are a frustrating fight. I kept telling other sorcs getting mad to talk to you about fighting a rogue. I hope you didn't get many tells because of it.

Anyway hope to see you more...and try new stuff for the win. I couldn't get past your shield freeze (which seems to last forever) lightning and kite to kill you. Your shield never seemed to go away.

Well that tank on your hip caused problems too.

Good fights if it was you.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by spiderpig View Post
    *again, this isnt a complaint.im just curious about this one hit thing comin from warriors cos since ctf release i havent been one
    shot killed.i play about 12 hours of pvp so dont ask me about experience.i also have two level 21 warriors and all i can say is i cant reproduce this so called proc and one hit thing just by releasing whirlwind even after vengeance.

anyway, sts just nerf proc for swords but i bet this one hit thing will still continue if its really a so called "glitch"
    Yeah still there or at least seemed like it. Just not as much. I was able to burn down a few last night. Not sure if they were the good ones or not. I still miss my stunning ability. Even had a tank say something to the effect didn't they take away the rogues stun? Now I just have to figure a way to steal that shield from a mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

A quick question: Is there even a bug to Windmill?

Someone please enlighten me, I've never seen a dev confirm it, neither have i seen it before in Pvp.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Destructible For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post

Someone please enlighten me, I've never seen a dev confirm it, neither have i seen it before in Pvp.
    i dont know.i was asking the same question.but this one hitting warrior is kinda unusual.it may be a glitch, a script, i dont know but all i can say is its pretty unusual considering the circumstances when this incidents happens.i can remember, before they nerfed the rogue's stun, on a 1v1 combat this warrior will released windmill away and i will use the charged normal attack to stun it and in that instant i will be dead (and that warrior is stunned).sometimes in spawn area ( yeah its tempting to spawn kill) i will attack this warrior and maybe after 3 hits without even attacking me that warrior will release the windmill and i die in an instant.i have 1400 life and it happened without pet yet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

The heaviest that i ever got hit from a Windmill attack as a warrior is 45% of my health. That was the most I ever got hit from (3 hits altogether). A 'one-hit' KO Windmill has never happened to me before.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Rogues - Gets kills, and dies.
    Sorcerers - Dies, dies and dies.
    Warriors - Gets kills, gets flags. Oh, they don't really die.

I mean come on, I know everyone wants to defend their class. But when I hear Warriors complaining about Rogues being OP or Sorcerers being OP, makes me laugh. They want to keep the class OP and even nerf us. This, no. I mean, Rogues need a little buff, Sorcerers need a HUGE buff, and Warriors a HUGE nerf.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Why don't you stay on topic and whine somewhere else ?

I'm interested into this windmill bug too. I'm not sure a Watchers/Vorpal proc nerf will solve it (assuming it exists) but yea, the proc chance was maybe a bit too high. Who cares now that everyone gets ribbit anyway. Back to square one.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Warrior is good hehe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post

I will enlighten you with my thoughts and opinions on this. I constantly test new strategies to counter other ones. I feel that most of the people that complain about this may not be using either proper builds or proper strategies to counter this. There is no perfect counter for anything because people can change their strategy in the middle of a battle.

The "bug" people complain about is that the vorpal / dark watch sword has a chance to proc 100% critical for about 2s. Some warriors will fish until they see a proc activate and then immediately hit windmill (which also lasts about 2s) and all of the windmill hits will be critical. Combined with Vengeful Blood, it does a lot of damage to lets say a rogue or mage.

I don't know chance to proc before the update but lets say it was 10%. Now it is a lot worse. Devs could have lowered the proc chance or reduce the amount of time the proc is active (like for 1.5s) but they have already done one of them which is reduce the proc chance.

I hear lots of people complain during battle that I'm doing this and threaten to report me etc which is ridiculous because some don't even know how it works and if I did do this, I don't even think it would be against TOS. Additionally I am using Captain's Axe (not vorpal or dark watch) but I am using ribbit and vengeful blood.

I use different tactics for different opponent player styles. There are counters to most attacks that some people won't consider and will complain for a necessity of a nerf when they should focus on build/tactics.

For example, I use all three classes. When I use rogue, if I see someone fishing for dark watch / vorpal process -> windmill I will use a different tactic. I will give a scenario for a rogue vs warrior down the hall in pvp.

My rogue build is [Heal | Aimed Shot | Razor Shield | Shadow Piercer ]

Scenario 1 from a distance:
    I whiff an aimed shot to get a critical buff. I charge an aimed shot, let the aimed shot hit and do a charged shadow pierce to go through him. Most likely he will try to skyward smash. Before that I do a razor shield to do 20% extra dodge. Warrior has 25% chance of stun with skyward smash. Do a charged attack to stun. If the stun is successful then kill asap. If stun is not successful then try and do a charged heal as most likely he will put his charged Horn of Renew on. If he is still fishing for vorpal/dark sword proc try to stun him.

Scenario 2 from a slightly closer distance:
    Charged aim shot. Uncharged razor shield. Charge up your normal attack to attempt to stun him (most likely he will try to Skyward smash you or walk up to you to attack). If it didn't stun, do a charged heal and try to restun afterwards.

None of these tactics are 100% but they tend to work for me when I play rogue. I have more strategies for different scenarios (different pets, different play styles, different accessories like more str instead of more int for rogue when using pets like flapjack).

Key point is that it's not unstoppable and I'd hate to see a nerf happen when there are decent ways around this.

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ravager For This Useful Post:

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

There is a glitch for windmill. If you put points on certain stats and skills normal windmill attack will result in unreasonably large crit. This is however different than all the wars saying vb+ribbit+dark proc.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts

yep this happened before pet update and it happened all the time coming from a single toon.i have a warrior plus vorpal and vengence but never have i one hit killed a rogue during that certain time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ravager View Post
    Key point is that it's not unstoppable and I'd hate to see a nerf happen when there are decent ways around this.
    Great statement. Enlightened.