Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorcerer Stun

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

This is hilarious.. remember 2s dont work against stun and that is the most important thing. If it did then yes. but srry bow stun crit max heal packs is trash. how about that for op.

sorc stuns for a mill a sec(weapon charge) roguez last 5minutes.
    Last edited by mafiainc42; 02-13-2013 at 03:45 PM.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

[QUOTE=Haowesie:967911]
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Just a note... But Rogues can break through my shield and one hit kill my Mage. I have also done this to other Mages on my Rogue as well. So it clearly doesn't negate it all the time.
    umm there is not one rogue on any level that can one shot kill any of my mages while shield is up. Also there is maybe a handful if even that can even beat me.
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

[QUOTE=mafiainc42;967977]
    Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie:967911
    umm there is not one rogue on any level that can one shot kill any of my mages while shield is up. Also there is maybe a handful if even that can even beat me.
    Sure there is. My lvl21 sorcerer has a decent amount of STR as I added strength by using warrior rings/amulets and armor with more STR, so as a result I have 1825 health points. Most sorcerers have around 1500-1600 health points and some without the most expensive demonlord armor will only have around 1400 health points.

Shield at most absorbs 500 health points of damage (this is what it says in the skill description). If a rogue can one-hit me (it happens all the time), then surely they can one-hit a sorcerer who has 1400-1500 health but is using the shield. Remember that the shield does not absorb the whole 500 points of damage from the first hit. It absorbs 500 points of damage total.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

[QUOTE=Energizeric;968116]
    Quote Originally Posted by mafiainc42 View Post

Sure there is. My lvl21 sorcerer has a decent amount of STR as I added strength by using warrior rings/amulets and armor with more STR, so as a result I have 1825 health points. Most sorcerers have around 1500-1600 health points and some without the most expensive demonlord armor will only have around 1400 health points.

Shield at most absorbs 500 health points of damage (this is what it says in the skill description). If a rogue can one-hit me (it happens all the time), then surely they can one-hit a sorcerer who has 1400-1500 health but is using the shield. Remember that the shield does not absorb the whole 500 points of damage from the first hit. It absorbs 500 points of damage total.
    Shield not only abosorbs 500 points of damage but it also reduces damage so your argument maybe more valid at l20/21 since aimed shot hits 2k+ while at 15/16 we only hit around 1k damage which makes sorcorors more op at our lvl range

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Slovek View Post
    ujst give those poor rogues a stun skill..... How about aimedshot with stun.... Mehehe
    Rogues have bows which stun quite frequently when charged. Makes for a very effective kiting contributor.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    Rogues have bows which stun quite frequently when charged. Makes for a very effective kiting contributor.
    so do rifles

Lady_Pebbles

@Cero: Yes, the 2s invulnerability sub skill was active at the time.

This is a problem thats been mentioned before but seems like its being either ignored or they can't figure out what the core of the problem is. Idk. Either way, when Im on WiFi or 3G or 4G on 3 different devices, its te same results. Its like the shield goes up as they approach and my toon is flat on the ground sticking its finger out while the shield is still up lol. I was like wth? Its funny at first but gets old fast. I mean its not like it happens everytime I used it. Actually after one of the updates it seemed to be less but now I don't use the skill anymore. Afterall, we shouldn't have to be forced to use certain skills for survivability just for PvP when they are pretty useless for PvE.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Haowesie:967911
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Just a note... But Rogues can break through my shield and one hit kill my Mage. I have also done this to other Mages on my Rogue as well. So it clearly doesn't negate it all the time.
    I've experienced this also more than once, although I'm not entirely sure that it is a one skill hit, it may be two or three in succession. But it definitely broke the shield and happened fast enough that I didn't have time to even launch one counter attack.

Yep pretty much. I kinda suspect its probably the macros users having a hotkey setup with more than one skill charged at once.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

u wait for the 2s to go away. i wont hate u for it buts its only if u can stun me and then wait. or use band aid build

Quote Originally Posted by TheMiraclebird View Post
    In twinking Crits are NOTHING 6% crit? Shemurr!

The way I see it, and Ik I'll give everyone a headache by saying this but the 2second thing is totally op. A rogue shoots her arrows and piercer at the start of a fight, a Mage does that 2sec thing and kaboom. All my skills r in for a cooldown, half my mana is gone and the Mage is untouched lol, on top of that, they'll be spamming skills so the rogue will be dead by the time the mages shield wears off

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

I want to keep this thread going the conversation is very constructive.

Me personally I suggest that they remove all stun features from PVP and raise or lower stats accordingly between all classes to even the playing field.

As a lvl 21 warrior, nothing is more frustrating than fighting (either in a group or more of a 1 vs 1 scenario) and being stunned in place. You can't move, can't retaliate just hope that something happens and you can get off HoR or something. In my personal opinion stun locking a character requires a lot of skill but also it is an unfair advantage for any class to be able to do. Now the argument I see is that if a sorcerer or rouge can not stun lock then they will be killed instantly by a warrior. That also is unfair, no class should have to rely on stun locking to survive a fight. Again going back to my suggestion of removing stun abilities and making more of a level playing field concerning dps, hp, armor all that.

I know some people may be upset by my opinion or not agree but please do not cause this thread to be locked by flaming of any kind. keep the conversation civil, intelligent and fact based.

I would like a dev to join the conversation and give us a an algorithm or the math behind the stun lock. (% of stun chance per class/skill/stacking skills stuff like that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

srry jackyll but ill have to disagree... if we take out stun for every class... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackyll View Post
    I want to keep this thread going the conversation is very constructive.

Me personally I suggest that they remove all stun features from PVP and raise or lower stats accordingly between all classes to even the playing field.

As a lvl 21 warrior, nothing is more frustrating than fighting (either in a group or more of a 1 vs 1 scenario) and being stunned in place. You can't move, can't retaliate just hope that something happens and you can get off HoR or something. In my personal opinion stun locking a character requires a lot of skill but also it is an unfair advantage for any class to be able to do. Now the argument I see is that if a sorcerer or rouge can not stun lock then they will be killed instantly by a warrior. That also is unfair, no class should have to rely on stun locking to survive a fight. Again going back to my suggestion of removing stun abilities and making more of a level playing field concerning dps, hp, armor all that.

I know some people may be upset by my opinion or not agree but please do not cause this thread to be locked by flaming of any kind. keep the conversation civil, intelligent and fact based.

I would like a dev to join the conversation and give us a an algorithm or the math behind the stun lock. (% of stun chance per class/skill/stacking skills stuff like that)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by birdmasta View Post
    ... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...
    But sometimes stun is quite useful for me, as a warrior. When used on a rogue, i'm able to save myself a HoR. It's also useful for warrior-to-warrior battles.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Thats what i mean, if we take away stun, yes warrior would be very OP, but if we take away stun and water down warriors maybe bring up mages, lower rogues crit stuff like that to EVEN the field completely. Then it will come down to just "how's the better player" I personally am will to sacrafice being the OP warrior to not be stun locked and killed.

[QUOTE=birdmasta:968709]srry jackyll but ill have to disagree... if we take out stun for every class... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

ok... so everyone is basically the same class??? same stats same everything except skills... so... its just who misses more loses??? that doesnt seem fun at all. rn is pretty balanced between rogue and sorc, but warriors need a big debuff

[QUOTE=Jackyll;968775]Thats what i mean, if we take away stun, yes warrior would be very OP, but if we take away stun and water down warriors maybe bring up mages, lower rogues crit stuff like that to EVEN the field completely. Then it will come down to just "how's the better player" I personally am will to sacrafice being the OP warrior to not be stun locked and killed.

Quote Originally Posted by birdmasta:968709
    srry jackyll but ill have to disagree... if we take out stun for every class... warrior will win pretty much every game. they dont rely on stun bcuz tough armor, op heal, high health, high dmg for a tank...