Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-02-14 Content Update (113386)

1.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #41
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Serancha View Post
    So...I had one paid elixir on, and some free ones from Klass. I was standing in the middle of the outpost and got a message that my elixir had warn off.

Are we to understand that if we spend platinum on an elixir, it will now run out on us when we are in a town or guild hall? If that is true, I think most people will just stop spending that plat. I don't understand this change at all. Why do the free elixirs not run down in town but the ones we spend money on do? Why change this at all, it was fine the way it was.
    No you have it backwards. Free elixirs tick at all times, paid elixirs only tick when you're in a dungeon. If you're seeing a different result, then that's a bug.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

- Your pets will now fight with you in PvP combat! - what the f... why???
    - The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store. - WHYYY???

this whole update is so... not cool
    T)(is is sooooo -------EXCITING!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk View Post
    I dont like pets in pvp!

I ask myself how many times a STS-dev played PVP as a mage? Im no newby, have great gear and experience but as a mage you are often the "idiot"... You need to stun and get the shield up nearly at once otherwise you are dead... The aimed shots of the rogues are a joke! You get killed within a second even with shield on! A situation 1on2+ is NOT managable for a mage... A good warrior can do a 1on3, the best mage can dream of that! You hit warriors 10 times, even with a lot of charged lightnings and fires with stun and what? Yeah they slide through the map and kill you with a SINGLE touch... lol? Also mages are by far the slowest things to move around... you cant get to a runnin warrrior/rogue but THEY will catch everytime they want. lol?

"Stun immunity" is great... so what the hell should a mage do if the ony effective skill doesnt work?

I would like to see the avarge kill/death ratios for the 3 classes in pvp, i bet my *** that mages are by far the worst!
    This, is the post I agree the most with. Developers NEED to consider this post as it is 100% true, I can't believe this post. I'd give you 2000 thanks if I could. Way to go! +1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

This is another frustrating update for sorcerers. :banghead:

Do you guys even try playing as pvp mages before releasing these?

We are even more borked than before, this is an insult to our intelligence. Warriors are untouchable, we die in 1 shot, we are slow. Enough is enough man, give us a damn bone.
    Bah, I used to spend good cash on your games (AL and DL) which are the only thing worth my time on Android but you killed my love for the games.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The pet thing I say is only agreable to thoughs that can bey the pets as I was playing my mage with noob pet since before this update I got the best gear I cold for 40k all I had for lvvl 12 I go vs lvl 10s nowing I had best gear and now I had small help from my lvl 1 pet I was murderd by warrior with a great pet and noob mages with high end pets so the pet is not fair to thoughs that don't have a lot of money as for the elixers you messed up my game 1 hour multi elixers all gone becouse ur update and I am not one that can play all day to use up elixers I play as I can now my free elixers go to wast and if that's all I'm getting from klass and sazbot you just ruined the Alies for me they are now useless I say pets need its own PVP so people can choose to PVP with pets or withought and elixers should have never bean changed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,042 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    No you have it backwards. Free elixirs tick at all times, paid elixirs only tick when you're in a dungeon. If you're seeing a different result, then that's a bug.
    OK, then I'm bugged for sure. Thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

PvP balance is something we will keep evaluating with metrics, testing and feedback from you guys. If it turns out that Warriors are now too powerful, we'll try to figure out the best action to even the playing field but it's too early to say right now.

Stun immunity lasts 7.5 seconds from when you get stunned (so if you get stunned for 2.5 seconds, it will be five seconds after it's gone, before you can be stunned again). Again, we might adjust that number if it feels too high or low.
    ok thats nice to know the immune timer.

still Flapjack Army rules:P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Robhawk:969337
    I dont like pets in pvp!

I ask myself how many times a STS-dev played PVP as a mage? Im no newby, have great gear and experience but as a mage you are often the "idiot"... You need to stun and get the shield up nearly at once otherwise you are dead... The aimed shots of the rogues are a joke! You get killed within a second even with shield on! A situation 1on2+ is NOT managable for a mage... A good warrior can do a 1on3, the best mage can dream of that! You hit warriors 10 times, even with a lot of charged lightnings and fires with stun and what? Yeah they slide through the map and kill you with a SINGLE touch... lol? Also mages are by far the slowest things to move around... you cant get to a runnin warrrior/rogue but THEY will catch everytime they want. lol?

"Stun immunity" is great... so what the hell should a mage do if the ony effective skill doesnt work?

I would like to see the avarge kill/death ratios for the 3 classes in pvp, i bet my *** that mages are by far the worst!
    perfect!!!!
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede:969269
    PvP balance is something we will keep evaluating with metrics, testing and feedback from you guys. If it turns out that Warriors are now too powerful, we'll try to figure out the best action to even the playing field but it's too early to say right now.

Stun immunity lasts 7.5 seconds from when you get stunned (so if you get stunned for 2.5 seconds, it will be five seconds after it's gone, before you can be stunned again). Again, we might adjust that number if it feels too high or low.
    u ever pvp ??
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Fefferi View Post
    - The expiry timer for Elixirs granted by Shazbot and Klaas will always count down, even if you log out of the game. Note that this is NOT the case for Elixirs bought from the store. - WHYYY???
    Because folks like me who used to buy elixirs stopped buying them as the ones from Klaas and Shazbot could just be saved for when you want to do some farming. I think they would prefer that we buy elixirs once in a while.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Yes! My beard shows up with this new pirate gear!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Instead of stun immunity add diminishing returns to stun. Example: first stun 2.5sec, second stun 1.6sec, third stun 0.7sec and finally last stun no stun (3sec or so immunity).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

I just got a combo for one of my characters. A one hour combo. No time to play and it will be gone. The most rare elixir and it's wasted.

You can never know what you're gonna get when you log on, so saying collect when you're ready to play doesn't help because it may be pots or or may be the incredibly rare one hour combo. So you log on when you're ready to play and get pots, so you were expecting to grind on the free elixir and can't. It wastes people's time if they wanted to play on the elixir.

Also saying pick up when you want to play is not a fix because there is a time when it will be too late to pick up.

I'm going to continue to vote with my wallet. No plat spent for elixirs until the free ones are returned to how they were or until the xp needed for caps becomes too much for me. Sorry, but I don't like this change and will not support it. I actually wanted to buy the 7 day elixir on the 2x xp weekend and just continue to use it afterward, but not anymore. I will continue to spend my plat on only permanent things. I support you guys, but I cannot support this change.

I understand the need for plat revenue, but people don't have time to play all the time. This change is not a good one. Please revert it.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 02-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bronislav84 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

This morning I got the 1 hr combo from Klaas. I looked forward to when I could use it later. Now it's gone. What?!

Well, you guys nerfed the gift from the Elf Queen in PL, and now you've nerfed the gift from the allies in AL.

I hope you don't expect any support on this decision. It's never cool to nerf a gift.

16. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Did u even consider ppl dont have time to play all day? They just pick up ally save for later when thers time to play.

What abot ppl have multiple toons picking up ally at same time. More time to play later but now that given lixer will be gone...

And picking up later (when u have time to play) will not help bc if u dont pick in few hours u get nothing no pots no lixer no coin.
    Last edited by Uzii; 02-14-2013 at 05:24 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    This morning I got the 1 hr combo from Klaas. I looked forward to when I could use it later. Now it's gone. What?!

Well, you guys nerfed the gift from the Elf Queen in PL, and now you've nerfed the gift from the allies in AL.

I hope you don't expect any support on this decision. It's never cool to nerf a gift.

Agreed. Sorry devs..but I agree....I know your not a charity, but nerfing the allies isnt cool...
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

And on valentines day when u should show ur love by giving something not to take... -.-

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Uzii For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

What you could do is make elixers into a drinkable substance that people can drink so the.timer starts going down when they drink it that way they have. A chance to use it when they can

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

Booooo on the elixir timers. And no advance notice? I had some ally elixirs saved that I was looking forward to using later. A little heads up that these were going away would have been nice.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

23.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #60
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Hey guys, we hear you. We know that the change to the Allies wouldn't be the most popular. The intent with the Allies was to have the chance at something special for the start of your playsession, not to save up something to use for later.

Ultimately, users will vote with their feet and what they do in game. If the team observes a significant shift with overall player activities then further changes may be considered.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post: