Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-02-14 Content Update (113386)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Yeah I don't see the problem with the ally... You can claim it whenever you want! So just get it when you are ready to play...
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Good update .

It seems to be good that now pet fight in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Notyocookiez View Post
    Yeah I don't see the problem with the ally... You can claim it whenever you want! So just get it when you are ready to play...
    u cant

QUOTE=Uzii;969455]
    And picking up later (when u have time to play) will not help bc if u dont pick in few hours u get nothing no pots no lixer no coin.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys, we hear you. We know that the change to the Allies wouldn't be the most popular. The intent with the Allies was to have the chance at something special for the start of your playsession, not to save up something to use for later.

Ultimately, users will vote with their feet and what they do in game. If the team observes a significant shift with overall player activities then further changes may be considered.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Maybe I haven't seen the logic..and it hasn't sinked in.. Because of a play style I was used to. Thx for letting us keep allies tho with the elixers..that is still one of the best aspects of AL.It would be utter insanity..if they left. maybe adding more to allies would be sweet
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pet Pvp is nice.
    But maybe you can make two Pvp arena, one for with pets and one without

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    330 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    u cant

QUOTE=Uzii;969455]
    And picking up later (when u have time to play) will not help bc if u dont pick in few hours u get nothing no pots no lixer no coin.
    [/QUOTE]

I haven't seen my daily reward go away in a long time. Some times I would miss a night and wake up with the reward still there.
    Bored? Check out my How to Catch Series(Click one):

Brave Bear, Sneakie Birdie, Majestic Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

I haven't seen my daily reward go away in a long time. Some times I would miss a night and wake up with the reward still there.[/QUOTE]

Yes but u get nothing i didnt collect for few hours when i collect true it said i got chest but got nothing and i didnt tap window or anything.. no pots no lix no coin nothing

waiting for nothing when u have time to play...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Can someone post the new weapons names, I can't find them in the auction.

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Thumbs up

Too many running at the same time. LOL.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	speed.jpg 
Views:	239 
Size:	72.9 KB 
ID:	24511

I think the elixir part is to prevent not that much players from getting 4x exp during the 2x exp event coming soon. Hehe..
    Last edited by SuRfY; 02-14-2013 at 07:00 PM.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

How about limited amount of the elixir active at 1 time given to is by the allies...3 max obtainable and usable (insted of the count down) So it doesn't seem that were collecting in elixir. Most collect the allies to play at a later time.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Hey guys, we hear you. We know that the change to the Allies wouldn't be the most popular. The intent with the Allies was to have the chance at something special for the start of your playsession, not to save up something to use for later.

Ultimately, users will vote with their feet and what they do in game. If the team observes a significant shift with overall player activities then further changes may be considered.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    Sam, the respect is mutual...

The thing is, reward collection happens in cycles. I have three characters. First thing I do is get their rewards, then I play them in turn. Well, that should be easy to change, right? Just get each reward before playing the toon. However, that throws off my clock since the rewards have different durations. If I do that, I won't be able to play as much because I actually have specific time windows that I can play in and this is going to mess up my sequence.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Pet in PvP???
    Over powered warrior would become super over powered,.

Free elixir in klaas shud stack, instead of that timer still counting down when u logout..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh my, can't wait for Pet KSes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    While I understand the reasoning for why you changed it (I once for a fairly successful MMO company as a developer) let me bring up a subject you might not have thought about with the change. Game theory and psychology come into play pretty big with these free elixirs (if it was intended or not). While you still have the aspect of a sample, enticing people to spend money to keep the bonus, you also have the fact that the push notification on my phone makes me want to login to get it right away. Knowing this change, that effect is not longer relavent. Here's the thought process:

1. See notification
    2. Hmm... don't have time to play
    3. Hmm... if I don't grab it now the next 8 hours will take longer
    4. Ok, I'll just login and grab it
    5. Well.. as long as I'm in, let me do a quick jarl run or two
    6. Forget that I didn't really have that much time to play

What that does is have more people online longer, which is good for an MMO. It also gets me playing more than I would have intended, which increases the chances of me continuing to play. The longer you have me as a player, the more likely I am to become (or stay) a customer.

Here's the thought process after the change:

1. See notification
    2. Don't have time to play, waste if I get it now
    3. Don't login

From here you have two choices, maybe I decide to login later when I have time, maybe I don't. The longer I go without logging in, the better the chances of me never logging in again. That's exactly why I stopped playing PL, there wasn't anything really bringing me back on a regular basis and it just faded away from my daily schedule.

My suggestion, don't let them tick while offline. Let them tick while online, regardless of location. The real ones will still be better, but it still brings us back to the original scenario where it's better to login than it is to not login. I get online, grab my gift, maybe do a run or two, logout. When I come back I have time left, but if I hang around town I'll lose it.

On that same line of thinking, you can add more push notifications. I know this isn't really a push, it's built into the app (I'm traveling currently so don't have data connected, but still get the notifications). You could add real pushes (give a config option to players, some have crappy data plans) for other events. Some ideas are my item in CS sold, or maybe I could put a marker on I want X item in CS at Y cost. No auto-buy, but a notification when it happens. All along the same line of thought, more reasons to make me think about playing.

--------------
    BREAK SUBJECT
    --------------

On the stun, instead of 100% immunity make it staged. Either, as someone has mentioned reducing the time, or a %chance of "blocking" the stun.

Each time I get stunned a cron is set on me for 5-7 seconds (in my game we called it a timed state). Each one is worth either say 1.2sec reduction or 20% chance of blocking. Each time stunned would be a new cron, so each would expire at a different time. This way it's not a total nerf to those that rely on stun to be effective, but would bring them into a better balance.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I'm not sure why "saving" elixirs is an issue, but I think the fact that the ally elixirs don't stack is already enough to deal with it, because no matter how many elixirs you collect, you're only getting credit for one of each of the types you have.

The biggest problem with the change as I see it is that the elixir times are relatively short: 15 minutes, 30 minutes, and 60 minutes if you're lucky. I think if you're gonna make a change like this where the timer runs whether you're online or not, you should change the ally elixirs to be a longer length, like 12 or 24 hours. At least for Shazbot, since his chest can only be collected once per day.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Most probably nobody uses plat to buy elixirs nowadays.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Hopefully pets in PvP will solve these class balance issues.

As for the elixirs update, I'm not a fan. What's wrong with the way they were before? If you're going to have them run continuously, at least make the length of the elixirs longer like PL. Like for Shazbot, his elixirs can be extended to 12 hours and Klaas elixirs to 24 hours because 15 and 30 minutes isn't a long time really. Especially if we just log in to get our Shazbot and Klaas elixirs.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Maybe because they're not good enough ? Why try to level the playing field by bringing ally gifts down rather than plat elixirs up?

The only one I really ever contemplated buying is the 7 days exp one. Damage/speed/defense elixirs are not critical to your gameplay experience et luck elixirs are better gotten from the allies ... hint, hint ?
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Guys, I suspect most of you who are complaining do not regularly (or ever) buy elixirs for plat. You probably do as I do.... I don't spend that much time doing PvE, so I save up a few elixirs in a row from Klaas and Shazbot and then when I have a luck elixir plus a couple of others (damage, speed, armor, etc.) I then farm for a while to get some chests. Then until the next time I spend most of my time in PvP or merching.

The thing is, before they added Klaas I used to actually buy elixirs for plat. They are only 2 plat each, so I would spend my plat mostly on luck elixirs. Since they added Klaas I rarely have purchased one because I just don't need to. The free ones were sufficient to last all the time I spend in PvE. And I suspect many other players did the same thing. The point is that I'm sure plat elixir sales are way down since they added Klaas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I. Don't know what warriors you guys are playing against but warriors I know are getting killed rapidly. ..I have 919 armor and got killed in three hits ..I used sucks and koko had about 1100 armor hit a mob died instantly. .. that wasn't the case before pets... warriors could actually so their job and taje on fire power and protect rouges and mages. ... rouge with ribbit had ridiculous crit killed me in one shot...unfair for mages though as Colton is best int.... pet. ... a lot of the hardcore players that been with sts since pl will be leaving id this isn't fixed. A warrior should win 1 vs 1 everytime... sorry but they are buffed big and bad....rouges make up for it with speed and high dps... the msba regeberation is ridiculously high though. ..mages have best stun out there and a great mage will beat warrior any time... the man problems with pets is stacking arcanes..I tested it and we did three ribbit arcabes my crit was over 75% that is insane . And everybody is running around with Malisin... can hit multuple targets.. get multiple kills and that player never even touched you
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer