Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-02-14 Content Update (113386)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snakespeare View Post
    It's not necessary to defend this. The devs can speak for themselves. They nerfed a gift and now we have to vote with our feet. I do not want to vote with my feet. I wanted to get to L20 before the next release. But the only way to get our opinion heard, now, is to vote with our feet. Sam as mych as said this change will not get turned back unless it affects their bottom line. So please don't characterize us for simply not liking a nerf.
    I'm not characterizing anyone. All I'm saying is that it sounds greedy. If you are not, that is good, but it doesn't change the fact. There are still free elixirs from klaas and shazbot.

Not quite sure I get the foot comment.

Welcome back again Snake!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Rare; 02-15-2013 at 10:57 AM.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I'm not characterizing anyone. All I'm saying is that it sounds greedy. If you are not, that is good, but it doesn't change the fact. The are still free elixirs from klaas and shazbot.

Not quite sure I get the foot comment.

Welcome back again Snake!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/vote+with+feet

"vote with one's feet"
    Fig. to express one's dissatisfaction with something by leaving, especially by walking away.

and yes WB Snake, glad to have u back.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    http://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/vote+with+feet

"vote with one's feet"
    Fig. to express one's dissatisfaction with something by leaving, especially by walking away.

and yes WB Snake, glad to have u back.
    Interesting... I've never heard that before. I'm sure that I'll be using it a lot now that I have. lol

Thanks Ghost... and Snakespeare

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Come and collect when u r ready to play. I went saw and .....lost. I got nothing from Shaz and Klaas. It saied i got chest but nothing else just words..empty words. I saied that already many times if u dont collect in few hours u get alarm abt ally u get nothing.
    This whole thing Its like to give a gift and then saying "Sorry but u dont use it as u should now ur gift will destroy itself in few min!"
    To be happy its free.. oke but its a gift u should be able do with ur gift what u want.
    I dont see reason to collect ally anymore now.. If i have time to play and want to farm for example with luck lixer i need to buy. But that was probably the purpose.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Pets in pvp= warriors with 4.5k hp, rogue with more than 100% critical with ribbit pet n ability activate, n leaves no real advantage of mages other than healing, stunning n knock down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Was wating for pets to be available in PvP! Nice Update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

Hi Aed & Ghost,

Actually it was something Sam said earlier in the thread. I decided no to do it, though. I just don't want to. I have had major connectivity issues on my iPad which are resolved now. I am way behind on xp. This is a double xp weekend. So no way am I going to vote with my feet.

So instead I sent G a PM. I understand the elixirs were not meant to stack. I don't have any wish to argue with that. But turning on the timer really messes up my system. I want to be able to use my gift at my leisure, as I have been doing all along. I totally understand not wanting them to stack. I just want to convince them to spend the time resolving it with code instead of remming out a few lines.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Snakespeare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

The changes to ally elixers should be accompanied with a change to the ally timers. Instead of having actual timers, they should be changed into daily quests. That way we can pick them up each day, at any time of the day, when we are ready to play.

As it currently is, I can play tonight, as it's Friday and I'll have some free time. So I can pick up my Shazbot elixer then. no problem. But tomorrow I'll miss out, because I will only have time to play for a bit in the morning, before the 24 hour timer is up. I can always visit shazbot later in the day, but since I won't actually have time to play then, it would be pointless.

If your intent is to have us just use these when we jump on to play, then please remove the hard timers and turn them into daily quests, so picking them up will be flexible around our play times.
    Main: Grimtank (warrior)
    Alts: Longfinger (sorcerer), Critsngiggles (rogue)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MadStar View Post
    I tried so many things. Even my whole team against one single Warrior. Nothing we can do, they kill you in no time whatever you are, and even get their HP back all the time. They're unbeatable. Even a team of the biggest professionals VS. 5 newbie Warriors, the newbies will own them. Just giving a hint on how it is now down there!
    Nope..that doesn't really happen if the Mage or the rogue is a strong one. This update on the other hand gave a chance to the weaker warriors too to kill some rouges and gain PvE kills! :P

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Guys, I think you miss the point of the free gift elixirs from Klaas and Shazbot. They originally started these gifts in PL a few months back. The idea was supposed to be that it got you to play more by getting you to log in at a certain time every day (If you logged in too late your gift would be expired). The result was suppose to be that players logged in more often and played more hours, thus making the game more successful.

The result was not supposed to be that you logged in to get your free gift, then logged out, and still played the same amount of time but now had free elixirs (instead of having to buy them for plat). That does nothing to help STS. By making the elixirs start running as soon as you get them, they get back to the original intent of these free elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Wizard_Mike View Post
    If your intent is to have us just use these when we jump on to play, then please remove the hard timers and turn them into daily quests, so picking them up will be flexible around our play times.
    That would be a nice solution (but limites us to once a day..id rather have a few throughout the day)...and there is a bug..like stated above..that if u dont collect in a few hours when the elix is ready to pickup...U GET NOTHING.."insert willy wanka pic here"
    Last edited by octavos; 02-15-2013 at 01:06 PM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Nope, their intent was to get you to play more hours than you would have otherwise played. By offering these free gifts multiple times per day, they are hoping you will log in multiple times per day and play for the 15-minutes or 30-minutes of your elixirs.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Nope, their intent was to get you to play more hours than you would have otherwise played. *By offering these free gifts multiple times per day, they are hoping you will log in multiple times per day and play for the 15-minutes or 30-minutes of your elixirs.
    No, they very clearly stated the intent is "pick them up when you're ready to play".

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    The intent with the Allies was to have the chance at something special for the start of your playsession, not to save up something to use for later.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Hey folks, we're correcting an oversight in the original design. The intent with Klaas and Shazbot was never that you would save up elixirs, it was that you would come in to collect when you were ready to play.
    "Collect when you were ready to play" is pretty straightforward.

What you are describing is definitely the intent behind hard timer mechanics in mobile games, but the devs have clearly stated that their intent is for you to just get these when you are ready to play, not each time the timer goes off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

i'm surprised some of these comments are still up here.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

What you are describing is definitely the intent behind hard timer mechanics in mobile games, but the devs have clearly stated that their intent is for you to just get these when you are ready to play, not each time the timer goes off.
    If that were the case, then they would never expire. But you will notice that if you wait too long then they expire. It happened to me yesterday with Klaas. They are hoping "when you are ready to play" will happen more often if they give you free elixirs. That is their intent. Otherwise they would just sell the plat version. They were very clear about this when they first introduced the free daily gifts in PL. They were hoping people would play more often.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

The elixirs didn't stack, so why would it be a big deal if you collected them?

Really, though, my biggest issue is that we should have been given a heads up that this change was coming. Even something vague like "anyone currently with elixirs should probably use them sooner rather than later." It's pretty lame that this came out of nowhere.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

You need to quit listening to feedback on pvp and look into it yourself these people don't know what they're talking about and I've only seen it become less balanced since I started playing. My Mage is now completely helpless against warriors thanks to your stun immunity, everything was just fine 2 weeks ago now i have to choose between being owned all day or hopping games until I find one without warriors.
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Hey guys, we hear you. We know that the change to the Allies wouldn't be the most popular. The intent with the Allies was to have the chance at something special for the start of your playsession, not to save up something to use for later.

Ultimately, users will vote with their feet and what they do in game. If the team observes a significant shift with overall player activities then further changes may be considered.

Respectfully yours,
    Samhayne
    I'm sorry, this doesn't work if we get nothing after a while. Example: I can play next week. I wait until then. My gift time expired today so I get nothing when I DO have time to play. At least remove the time limit for how late you can claim the gift?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    I'm sorry, this doesn't work if we get nothing after a while. Example: I can play next week. I wait until then. My gift time expired today so I get nothing when I DO have time to play. At least remove the time limit for how late you can claim the gift?
    I think you guys are just not understanding their goals here. These gifts are meant to get you to play more often. If you only play once per week, then it's not working for you so they're not going to give you a free elixir -- you can buy one for plat instead. If you play every day then your reward for doing so is that you get an elixir from shazbot. If play many hours per day in more than one interval, then you can get an additional 2-3 free elixirs from klaas. That is how it works. It's not a "gift" but a "reward" for playing a lot. The more players there are playing a lot, the more successful the game is and the more money STS makes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I think you guys are just not understanding their goals here. These gifts are meant to get you to play more often. If you only play once per week, then it's not working for you so they're not going to give you a free elixir -- you can buy one for plat instead. If you play every day then your reward for doing so is that you get an elixir from shazbot. If play many hours per day in more than one interval, then you can get an additional 2-3 free elixirs from klaas. That is how it works. It's not a "gift" but a "reward" for playing a lot. The more players there are playing a lot, the more successful the game is and the more money STS makes.
    But don't you see? It's going to do the exact opposite for a lot of players.

On days I don't really have time to play, I would still log in to hit up the allies. Once I was in, I might do a couple of jarl or hauntlet runs, check the CS, say hi to someone in game, etc. The allies were the reason I logged in on a day I otherwise wouldn't have. So that's working exactly as you say it was meant to be.

But now, with the ally elixirs ticking down at all times, I have no motivation to log in on those days, and therefore will never have those moments of impulsivity where I think "Eh, I'm already in game, might as well do a few runs real quick". I know I'm not the only one who's habits will change like that, either. So yeah, for a lot of players, this will likely kill off the incentive to log in during their non-dedicated gaming time.

I'm not saying it should go back to exactly the way it was before. I'll be the first to admit it was pretty ridiculous. My mage and rogue were pretty stocked up on elixirs as I simply haven't had the time to play them for quite sometime now, but I was still visiting their allies each day. But the change to the elixers in this update isn't the answer. They could have gone with much better options. Like limiting each character to one elixir per ally, that way, if you still have an elixir from klaas when he gives you a new one, then the new one overwrites the old one. So basically you can only ev have two free elixirs at any given time, one from klaas and one from shazbot. Or they could have simply coded it to where if you already have an ally elixir when you visit the ally, and the chest he gives you contains an elixir, you just get 5 potions instead.

Anyways, back to the original point: If they want to keep the free elixirs ticking down like they are now, then they should really consider changing the allies from timers to daily "quests".

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Wizard_Mike For This Useful Post: