Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets in PvP Feedback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    pets realy isnt the problem what makes people think that pets are unneccessary is because of the 1-3hit KO in pvp.

If the battle/clash lasted a bit more longer like able to use atleast 3 Arcane ability before dying then it would make PvP better.
    Not just better but fun,challenging and requires PvP skill. No one wants to play just to die in a split seconds during a clash.

Saber already made a suggest. lowering the 3class dmg output . less dmg less dying from 1hitters makes more room to think and react with your PvP skills. this might not be the solution but atleast it can open up some room for better ideas.

Pets in pvp is an awesome game that STS made.
    Pets do add an interesting new dimension to PvP which I like. This comes with several caveats...

1) 5v5 battles are now just absolute chaos with characters, skills, pets, arcane blasts, etc all over the place making it is difficult visually to figure out what is going on.

2) Everyone dies too quickly now, which I believe adds to the choas, both discouraging and not allowing teams time to organize. There is no time to employ any type of real battle strategy. Several people before the addition of pets had already been advocating decreasing the damage output of all 3 classes. Adding pets only increased the damage output of all three classes (depending on which pet used) making battles even shorter and more chaotic. Damage output needs to be nerfed. Before stuns were nerfed and pets were added fights at least lasted a little longer and required more strategy.

3) I liked how pets interacted with the PvP environment during the glitch early in PvP. Please change how Energizeric suggested. They were there to give a passive happiness bonus but did not attack and you could not use the arcane ability. Being a mage I find the arcane ability somewhat useless as the range of almost all of the arcane buffs are limited. While I am fighting at range my pet is up close fighting the enemy melee putting me out of range of its arcane buffs - another big plus for warriors as they are mostly fighting melee and are more likely to be in range of their pet's arcane buffs.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post: