Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
Pets do add an interesting new dimension to PvP which I like. This comes with several caveats...

1) 5v5 battles are now just absolute chaos with characters, skills, pets, arcane blasts, etc all over the place making it is difficult visually to figure out what is going on.

2) Everyone dies too quickly now, which I believe adds to the choas, both discouraging and not allowing teams time to organize. There is no time to employ any type of real battle strategy. Several people before the addition of pets had already been advocating decreasing the damage output of all 3 classes. Adding pets only increased the damage output of all three classes (depending on which pet used) making battles even shorter and more chaotic. Damage output needs to be nerfed. Before stuns were nerfed and pets were added fights at least lasted a little longer and required more strategy.

3) I liked how pets interacted with the PvP environment during the glitch early in PvP. Please change how Energizeric suggested. They were there to give a passive happiness bonus but did not attack and you could not use the arcane ability. Being a mage I find the arcane ability somewhat useless as the range of almost all of the arcane buffs are limited. While I am fighting at range my pet is up close fighting the enemy melee putting me out of range of its arcane buffs - another big plus for warriors as they are mostly fighting melee and are more likely to be in range of their pet's arcane buffs.
To address your points:

1) 5v5 has always been chaotic. Especially when you meet head on with the other team. I still can still tell the difference between a pet and a real player.
Even incoming death balls, pets lag behind their owners before they join the Frey.

2)Yes I agree, battles are shorter. But no longer it is always in the favour of warriors.
Rogues can still one shot a mage.
Warriors can still 2-3 hit a mage.
Mages still 3-4 hit rogues.
Difference now, is that I can put up a battle and school some warriors.
Warriors have more options with pets too. They can go for more strength, more mana, or damage reduction.
Either or, cookie cutter warrior pvp builds are not working as well.

I don't think we should ask for removal of pets and reduced damage until mages are brought up to par first. And this pets addition I believe manage to do that.

And imagine reduced damage for mages against warriors with 3000 health and 800 armor.. why bother even fighting.

3)I think they need to implement, a return and attack toggle button for pets. That way we have control where they are at all times.

Arcane legends is about pets. Why remove or dumb down that aspect of it.

Sure maps are tight, but its beta. Maybe new maps will have wide and narrow corridors.