Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets in PvP Feedback

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Sam:

Just a thought, but it seems most of the comments agree that the pets auto attacking and just being there seems to make everything too crowded and hard to see, and also makes everyone die much quicker. So I have an idea that I think maybe most would agree with (I guess we will find out)....

How about the following solution:

1) Pets remain in use for PvP, but only for the happiness bonus. So the happiness bonus adds to your stats, but nothing else about the pet matters.

2) Pets do not physically appear in PvP. You get the stat boost from the happiness bonus for whatever pet you have equipped, but nobody sees the pet. That way pets don't clutter the hallways and make it look too crowded during a battle.

3) Pets don't attack and you cannot use their arcane ability during PvP.

4) Pets do not need to be fed during PvP as they are not really being fully used.

5) You cannot change your pet during a PvP battle. You can however change while in the spawn room before the battle starts (when the gate is still up). This way folks can't change pets on the go, i.e. change to shiloh right before picking up the flag so you are faster to run it back -- this would just get crazy.

This will allow us to choose pets for PvP just based on the happiness bonus. So you will be able to get an armor bonus with some pets, INT DEX or STR bonus with others, some will give damage bonus, and some give speed bonus which will help you run with the flag. So this gives us the opportunity to get good use out of different pets based on our fighting style and situation. If I'm looking to get lots of kills, I can use a pet with a good damage happiness bonus. If a rogue is running out of mana often, they can use a pet with a good mana regen happiness bonus. And if I'm looking to farm flags, I can equip a pet with a good speed happiness bonus.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post: