Well, I played for a little while, if you can even call it that. I spent more time in the spawn room than anywhere else.
It went like this:
1) run from spawn room to big fight happening in middle
2) die instantly
3) run from spawn room to big fight happening in middle
4) die instantly
5) repeat 1-4
I didn't get a single kill. The warriors basically stand in the middle in a big group and just do their windmill and when I get near I just die in a hit or two. Their range is longer than mine, so I can't attack from range. And now with the pets clogging the middle the big fights just look like a big mess of players and pets swinging and it's not even possible to see what's going on. I think everyone just spams their skill buttons and then when it's over the sorcerers and rogues are dead and the warriors are still there.
I think in a 1-on-1 battle pets would be nice. In 5-on-5 it's just too much and impossible to see what's going on. It's like fighting the red dragon in PL. Just tons of mobs spinning and nothing can be done but spam your skills and hope you are standing in the end. Might as well add smoke to the room because you can't see what's happening anyway,
Have to agree with Energizeric, although I am a warrior myself.
I do not want to make it sound like I am a sore loser, but my K/D ratio was 5:1 in this week until this update, after that it is 1:5.
First of all there are too many variables during a battle now, which means less skill.
Second of all, as a warrior I usually jumped into battle first. Now with my pet strolling behind and enemy group with their pets lining up, my usually heroic move seems like suicide now..
Last but not least, with all those flying pixels in the middle of my screen, I started to feel dizziness and wanted to throw up within 5 seconds after joining a group fight.
My opinion is, they should at least open two PVP rooms for pet and without pet, even just for testing purpose.
Last edited by Uicheusa; 02-14-2013 at 05:43 PM.
I can't say I like pets. It is kind of messy. However, if they are here to stay I kindly ask your comment on:
- if pets are loosing their happines (because that is how pets work) why they don't get experience in PvP (that is also how pets work)
- are you considering balancing of pet's abilities in future? It seems perfectly logical because you are balancing player's class & skills. If not, then I propose to give up of balancing alltogether and leave same skills abilities as in PvE. Maybe separate arena with that kind of PvP setup?
I guess it is not hard to guess that I am sorcerer.
We reached the bottom of the crises but don't worry - we are still digging.
I'm having a positive experience with pets.
I actually had some warriors try to disengage from me mid fight. 1v1 of course.
Warriors are still tough to beat, but they seem to respect my mage now. Instead of thinking of me as a free kill, they do think twice before engaging alone.
I still have to play more to get a better feel, but so far its better. And gotta test all the other pets too. I'm a beast master too so there's a lot I still have to experiment with.
I also had respec and took more of a pure PvP build, so I did sacrifice a lot of nice PvE perks to be more successful.
Mages do need that power up, just to be able to off balance a warriors heal.
But its still silly, that winning most games really is just a matter of who has the most warriors.
hi. Sam. firstly thx for the work done in pvp for adding the pets. i know there were lots of player asked to add the pet back to pvp. and as we can see STS do their best to listen to the players as before.
There is my opinio n new pvp. After adding the pets. its far too early to discussing class balancing. with the pets there r too many variable in a fight.
First.Its too messy. with pet auto attack. u simply just cant see whats going on. I played all my three class char in pvp after update. first feeling is whatever class u use u die faster then before. Mage and Rogue r the worst. I dont know was i dead from one hit or two hit.or a hit from pet. or something else.
Secondly. Mage r the worst after update. even with colton i still cant kill anyone. becouse the low arm and health. it just too much to take for mage by adding the pets . Rogue still can get kills becouse their crit and aimed shot. but as mage die too fast.
ATM worrior has the most beneficial from update becouse their high aromr high health and incredable good heal skill.
Its not a skill fight any more. even feels its not a fight. i lost my way in pvp. im sry.
Just a thought, but it seems most of the comments agree that the pets auto attacking and just being there seems to make everything too crowded and hard to see, and also makes everyone die much quicker. So I have an idea that I think maybe most would agree with (I guess we will find out)....
How about the following solution:
1) Pets remain in use for PvP, but only for the happiness bonus. So the happiness bonus adds to your stats, but nothing else about the pet matters.
2) Pets do not physically appear in PvP. You get the stat boost from the happiness bonus for whatever pet you have equipped, but nobody sees the pet. That way pets don't clutter the hallways and make it look too crowded during a battle.
3) Pets don't attack and you cannot use their arcane ability during PvP.
4) Pets do not need to be fed during PvP as they are not really being fully used.
5) You cannot change your pet during a PvP battle. You can however change while in the spawn room before the battle starts (when the gate is still up). This way folks can't change pets on the go, i.e. change to shiloh right before picking up the flag so you are faster to run it back -- this would just get crazy.
This will allow us to choose pets for PvP just based on the happiness bonus. So you will be able to get an armor bonus with some pets, INT DEX or STR bonus with others, some will give damage bonus, and some give speed bonus which will help you run with the flag. So this gives us the opportunity to get good use out of different pets based on our fighting style and situation. If I'm looking to get lots of kills, I can use a pet with a good damage happiness bonus. If a rogue is running out of mana often, they can use a pet with a good mana regen happiness bonus. And if I'm looking to farm flags, I can equip a pet with a good speed happiness bonus.
I enjoy using the pets arcane ability, as it does open up new options.
The only thing that should be added is a pet recall button. To call a pet back to your side if it wanders too far away.
I feel the same about pet clutter. For 1 vs 1, maybe 2 vs 2, pets add an extra dimension of play, I think as someone else stated similar to a 5th skill. But once you get in to mobs of 3-5 vs 3-5 plus their pets you can't see anything. As Energ said above its almost like you just throw yourself in and hope for the best. You can't see what skills others are using or where they are moving so it does on a base level reduce some battles to pure button mashing. Some might argue that you dont have to throw yourself into the melee, but even if attacking from a range it would be better to see what you are targeting instead of just hoping for the best. I think the suggestion to add the pet bonus but remove the pet itself from the game is a good solution to the clutter for a 5 v 5 game. Another possible solution might be to reduce the number of players allowed in games with pets. Perhaps a 2 v 2 pvp or maybe a 3 v 3 pvp player limit and you'd probably be able to see better, use some strategy and still get pet action.
not happy at all , this was deff not thought through, pvp was fine.. what they did to mage is better i guess, but rogues with pet keep hittin crits
warriors are now the weak links
Don't waste my time, don't waste yours
- not evryone can have hazel, sharks; sharks kinda sux , they are for achievments mainly and cool outlook, but not having hazel is realy wrong
- not evryone know wich pet to use; i read even here: my mage is hard too survive even with colton - then omg use malison / kettle / koko, lots hp/def, god arcane for surviving
- not evryone got lvls 20+ of pets for now; after exp event it should balance a bit
- big party vs big party is even more mess now :-D
- big party vs big party is even more fun now :-D
- lvlings pets have more sense now
- you have to think what pets to use, and to use arcane skills
- i got high lvl of pets already :-D
- does all arcane effect, and stun/knock/bleed/slov effect are same for pvp? Or is it some way reduced for pets? Cause i heard that flap jack arcane dont work too god.
- will there be any other method of getting hazel? Cause from all god pets, only this u cant get ingame. Like let buy egg pets for platinium, and not pets. Or add it for 500 hauntled coins or add egg pet hazel to locked chest drop, or so.
Pets dont change pvp alot, but its funny to have them, same as hqve new thinks for pvp. What realy changed pvp are other thinks that come to pvp in that patch.
God job guys! Go even further! Thers no way back :-)
Last edited by ishyrionek; 02-14-2013 at 09:36 PM.
Don't really like the new update. I've played for the past 1 hour and a half, and i still don't like it
1. Makes huge battles utterly confusing and occasionally, laggy.
2. Pets need to be fed, and that's annoying somewhat.
3. Makes everything much more imbalanced, ex: Warrior with Shiloh buff has 4000+ HP.
Destructible - Level 21 Warrior
This update fails
warrior is invincible person
pvp is Player vs Player.
I've been able to kill both Rogues and Tanks slightly better now. Even if its one vs one. It all depends on the opponent and timing.
Fights are crazy now... Ribbits crits all over!
I dont see where lots of def and health come from malison. kettle. i tried them all. same result. mage just too weak.
Last edited by warbluefish; 02-14-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Not pleased with this update. Pets ruin the entire purpose of pvp, if you don't have he plat or coin to buy pets you're on the losing end. Pvp is about player skill not if the a good pet to boost there skill. Besides that lag in pvp has gotten worse not better, pings o through the roof randomly and I'm not the only be experiencing this. I surely hope thesis still in beta because if this is how it's going to be I will not be vping anymore. I doubt I will be he only one walking away
I like the pets at this point.