Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets in PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

ruins the whole balance of game.... CHANGE back plz sts... now this game is just money-wise (newbies cant afford good pets UNFAIR) and soon good pets will probably be plat bcuz then sts can gain more money because tons of people in AL love ctf (like me)... totally horrid and ruined

PL: Fear

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to birdmasta For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Im a tank, and consider myself a good tank and am boggled by people saying warriors are invincible..I have been crushed since update. .. this update personally was terrible...It takes skikl and strategy out the window. ..I even killed myself without a flag somehow...I stun a guy go to take advantage of it and get blasted by three pets and die...ive been killed by a pet after I killed its owner... I got killed when the person wasnt by me...he wasn't on my screen. .it was his pet...I went from having 20+ kills a match to 2-5 and those are the 1 vs 1 battles...I think out created way more problems. .I had a guy complain today cause I had shiloh with 4% incoming damage reduction call me a hacker cause he didn't do a lot of damage to me..lol it takes the fun out of pvp..its lets get all together mash buttons and see who dies. .. and ribbit is ridiculous. ..the arcane with whirlwind or with arrow from rouge is instant. Kill....its not fun... also we like 1vs1 in games ... now you can't cause your pets are auto shooting.....I say create pet room and non pet room... keep everyone happy. ..but for me...terrible..no skill, no strategy, no fun. ..
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

i have problem with lag.

peta are fine, people just need to learn which is better for them. You dont realy need legendary pets to kill. the goat pets works fine and the owl ones which are very cheap at auction.

im using flapjack and can kill colton users

Lady_Pebbles

Also want to point out that players said my pet killed them after my toon died but on my screen the pet had stopped attacking. I believe my DOTs were still in effect after my toon died. Just like Vermin Swarm works on DL. Vengeful kills ftw. Lol

EDIT 2: NvM about the pets thing. XD

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-15-2013 at 03:04 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxsaraixx View Post
    I feel the same about pet clutter. For 1 vs 1, maybe 2 vs 2, pets add an extra dimension of play, I think as someone else stated similar to a 5th skill. But once you get in to mobs of 3-5 vs 3-5 plus their pets you can't see anything. As Energ said above its almost like you just throw yourself in and hope for the best. You can't see what skills others are using or where they are moving so it does on a base level reduce some battles to pure button mashing. Some might argue that you dont have to throw yourself into the melee, but even if attacking from a range it would be better to see what you are targeting instead of just hoping for the best. I think the suggestion to add the pet bonus but remove the pet itself from the game is a good solution to the clutter for a 5 v 5 game. Another possible solution might be to reduce the number of players allowed in games with pets. Perhaps a 2 v 2 pvp or maybe a 3 v 3 pvp player limit and you'd probably be able to see better, use some strategy and still get pet action.
    I agree. Maybe the solution is making the games 3-on-3. That would be much better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paindisher View Post
    Not pleased with this update. Pets ruin the entire purpose of pvp, if you don't have he plat or coin to buy pets you're on the losing end. Pvp is about player skill not if the a good pet to boost there skill.
    Same could be said for gear. Some players cannot afford the best gear. PvP is only one aspect of the game. Pve is the other aspect. In order to have good gear for PvP, you must be successful in PvE or else do something like merching in order to save up enough gold to buy the gear you need. Same goes for pets.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xxsaraixx View Post
    I feel the same about pet clutter. For 1 vs 1, maybe 2 vs 2, pets add an extra dimension of play, I think as someone else stated similar to a 5th skill. But once you get in to mobs of 3-5 vs 3-5 plus their pets you can't see anything. As Energ said above its almost like you just throw yourself in and hope for the best. You can't see what skills others are using or where they are moving so it does on a base level reduce some battles to pure button mashing. Some might argue that you dont have to throw yourself into the melee, but even if attacking from a range it would be better to see what you are targeting instead of just hoping for the best. I think the suggestion to add the pet bonus but remove the pet itself from the game is a good solution to the clutter for a 5 v 5 game. Another possible solution might be to reduce the number of players allowed in games with pets. Perhaps a 2 v 2 pvp or maybe a 3 v 3 pvp player limit and you'd probably be able to see better, use some strategy and still get pet action.
    5 vs 5 always was kinda ridiculous, specially when 5 nobs are running 1 guy, or go to respawn spots in big groups.
    So actually is more about flag kills, than pvp ratio kills/death.
    Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    Colton is used to boost dmg and for the purpose of kill. As i said it still to early to commant on class balancing. Sam just need the honest feed back. This is what i felt after play.

I dont see where lots of def and health come from malison. kettle. i tried them all. same result. mage just too weak.
    I dont know what you expect, that pets will do. Make tanks from wizs? Crit and dodge machines from warriors? They give small thinks like: kettle 12% speed is cool for stun wiz with shield, who isnt front tank. Malison give 15% dodge.
    Most of warriors use hazel/ribbit/snaggletooth for str bonus. Thats show about actually wisdom of pvp players.
    Imho best warriors Pets are: rocky, esteban, shiloh.
    For other clases im not sure, and i dont really care too much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Im a tank, and consider myself a good tank and am boggled by people saying warriors are invincible..I have been crushed since update. .. this update personally was terrible...It takes skikl and strategy out the window. ..I even killed myself without a flag somehow...I stun a guy go to take advantage of it and get blasted by three pets and die...ive been killed by a pet after I killed its owner... I got killed when the person wasnt by me...he wasn't on my screen. .it was his pet...I went from having 20+ kills a match to 2-5 and those are the 1 vs 1 battles...I think out created way more problems. .I had a guy complain today cause I had shiloh with 4% incoming damage reduction call me a hacker cause he didn't do a lot of damage to me..lol it takes the fun out of pvp..its lets get all together mash buttons and see who dies. .. and ribbit is ridiculous. ..the arcane with whirlwind or with arrow from rouge is instant. Kill....its not fun... also we like 1vs1 in games ... now you can't cause your pets are auto shooting.....I say create pet room and non pet room... keep everyone happy. ..but for me...terrible..no skill, no strategy, no fun. ..
    +1. But 5 vs 5 was always kinda like that.

And advice to "notnig see, too much thinks now" problem:
    Turn off showing names and titles in options. You always got party list on left, enemy list on right. Btw changed apperance of enemy list is great! :-)
    Last edited by ishyrionek; 02-15-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Warriors cannot be defeated now. That's insane! Lol.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishyrionek View Post
    5 vs 5 always was kinda ridiculous, specially when 5 nobs are running 1 guy, or go to respawn spots in big groups.
    So actually is more about flag kills, than pvp ratio kills/death.

I dont know what you expect, that pets will do. Make tanks from wizs? Crit and dodge machines from warriors? They give small thinks like: kettle 12% speed is cool for stun wiz with shield, who isnt front tank. Malison give 15% dodge.
    Most of warriors use hazel/ribbit/snaggletooth for str bonus. Thats show about actually wisdom of pvp players.
    Imho best warriors Pets are: rocky, esteban, shiloh.
    For other clases im not sure, and i dont really care too much.

+1. But 5 vs 5 was always kinda like that.

And advice to "notnig see, too much thinks now" problem:
    Turn off showing names and titles in options. You always got party list on left, enemy list on right. Btw changed apperance of enemy list is great! :-)
    what u expect? want with a pet mage become a warrior. and warrior become a rogue? im saying is even with pet. mages r still weak in pvp. u try it with kettle and can u escape from a warrior skyward smash.
    Last edited by warbluefish; 02-15-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the addition of pets in PvP somehow increases the occurrences of lag. Perhaps it's because of the additional visual clutter due to rendering of pets.

BTW, do pets level up when used in PvP? Hope this is true, because their happiness gauge goes down when using them in PvP.

IMHO (thus far), pets are just a nuisance in PvP, even though we are benefiting from their presence. But it's just my opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

So I played a few hours today and tried different pets and now I have changed my opinion somewhat. Here's what I think:

1) 5 vs 5 is just too much. I think it should be 3 vs 3, at least on this map. Maybe if another map was more open (not a maze, but an open space) then 5 vs 5 would be ok. But in the maze with narrow hallways, it's just way too much with the pets.

2) I don't think the pets add any more imbalance than there already was before, and I think things are pretty much the same. Sorcerers still getting killed easy, Rogues still getting one-hit kills and being killed themselves very easy, and Warriors are still next to impossible to kill.

3) I experimented with using different pets, and let's just say that I found that the pets that worked the best were not the ones I expected would and also are not the ones most people were suggesting.

Lastly, I'll just share one experience I had tonight. There was a game where everyone left from both teams except for a warrior on the red side, and myself and another sorcerer on the blue side. So it was 2 sorcerers against 1 warrior. So myself and the other sorcerer made sure to stick together and try to fight against the warrior since we figured we could beat him together. Well, we did this about 8-10 times and every single time he went into his windmill, stunned us both, and then killed us both. We did not manage to kill him once. Something is wrong there. 2 of any class should be able to kill 1 of any class, assuming they are of similar level. I don't know what level the warrior was, but both of us sorcerers were level 21.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

pet in pvp is not fun.
    no techique

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

i dun care about pets in pvp, no change for me. same ratio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Hi STS, maybe you can consider making two pvp arena, one with pets and one without.
    I think it's a win win idea because there are players who like it with pets, and there are players who don't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

pets realy isnt the problem what makes people think that pets are unneccessary is because of the 1-3hit KO in pvp.

If the battle/clash lasted a bit more longer like able to use atleast 3 Arcane ability before dying then it would make PvP better.
    Not just better but fun,challenging and requires PvP skill. No one wants to play just to die in a split seconds during a clash.

Saber already made a suggest. lowering the 3class dmg output . less dmg less dying from 1hitters makes more room to think and react with your PvP skills. this might not be the solution but atleast it can open up some room for better ideas.

Pets in pvp is an awesome game that STS made.
    Last edited by Cero; 02-15-2013 at 09:42 AM.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Cero For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I only played about 2-3 hours last night which is typical a couple hours a night. At first I had fears of the beginning of ctf when other bugged their pets in and I didn't have one. I got to say with an even playing field (pets for all) it wasn't too bad - class issues aside.

Some pets are better than others. I didn't get a change to go through my complete list. My poor Tankton pet makes me laugh.

More testing is definitely needed, but my fears of what it would be like wasn't as bad. I will not respec again. I already did that too much.

My comments on class balance will be in that thread.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

My warrior has died more now than before update as every warrior I've talked to... no clue what yall are talking about that warriors are invincible. ... 1 vs 1..a good warrior wins...in mobs waerioe losesxause rouges andages hit from outside mob and get tons of kills
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

The reason the fights seem to go much faster now is that you got pets attacking too. And most players seemed to have chosen a pet that adds to their offensive skill set, i.e. Colton for sorcerers. But there are lots of pets that add defense like STR points (to add more health) or even armor or health regen. If you equip one of these pets maybe you will live longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

New strategies need to evolve. It's not as safe anymore for a warrior to wade into battle and just tank damage.
    All warriors I've faced are very surprised at how much damage mages can nuke out in a short amount of time. Even rogues hit much harder, and I've seen some very good use of pet arcane abilities.

It's still not a one hit or even a 4 hit kill for mages, but our new damage throws off the timing of your heals.

Also warriors in AL are not slow lumbering goliaths. Gotta make use of your skwyhammer, juggernaut, or even rally cry to move in and out of danger.

Warriors still hit hard and I can easily die to one. So it's not about lack of power.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I played quite a bit in the last 24 hours. As a level 21 sorcerer I am getting clobbered by warriors. They are faster, stronger with better armor. They are nearly impossible to take down. In the last game I played, a warrior for the other team laughed and said he held the flag for 20 mins.

Warriors are now even tougher to defeat. PvP is really starting to turn me off.