Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Pets in PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    pets realy isnt the problem what makes people think that pets are unneccessary is because of the 1-3hit KO in pvp.

If the battle/clash lasted a bit more longer like able to use atleast 3 Arcane ability before dying then it would make PvP better.
    Not just better but fun,challenging and requires PvP skill. No one wants to play just to die in a split seconds during a clash.

Saber already made a suggest. lowering the 3class dmg output . less dmg less dying from 1hitters makes more room to think and react with your PvP skills. this might not be the solution but atleast it can open up some room for better ideas.

Pets in pvp is an awesome game that STS made.
    Pets do add an interesting new dimension to PvP which I like. This comes with several caveats...

1) 5v5 battles are now just absolute chaos with characters, skills, pets, arcane blasts, etc all over the place making it is difficult visually to figure out what is going on.

2) Everyone dies too quickly now, which I believe adds to the choas, both discouraging and not allowing teams time to organize. There is no time to employ any type of real battle strategy. Several people before the addition of pets had already been advocating decreasing the damage output of all 3 classes. Adding pets only increased the damage output of all three classes (depending on which pet used) making battles even shorter and more chaotic. Damage output needs to be nerfed. Before stuns were nerfed and pets were added fights at least lasted a little longer and required more strategy.

3) I liked how pets interacted with the PvP environment during the glitch early in PvP. Please change how Energizeric suggested. They were there to give a passive happiness bonus but did not attack and you could not use the arcane ability. Being a mage I find the arcane ability somewhat useless as the range of almost all of the arcane buffs are limited. While I am fighting at range my pet is up close fighting the enemy melee putting me out of range of its arcane buffs - another big plus for warriors as they are mostly fighting melee and are more likely to be in range of their pet's arcane buffs.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

K first off i just spent n hr typin up sumthin n it logged me out so i lost it all so if i talk bout class a bit im sry but it does get effected by pets that the war/rog use...k mind u im talkin from a 15twink point of view of 15mag wit Mal/Flap pet so far but newho befor pets honestly of corse i would get killed by best geared wars wit good bit o skill n geared rog wit sum skill...i consider myself a good pvper as ive played almost every major online pvp game out there...but here we go...war wit pets now who r geared r almost unkillable by a solo mag n as fer rogues geared wit rib/That bird one forgot name right now but newho they basically same as befor they kill wayy too quick just made it that much easyer for them...as for the stun lock it iz nice to keep rogs from doin easy n wars from doin so wit sum skill same wit mags but honestly that was one of only ways to have chance to kill a hlf skilled rog wit mag...mind u im talkin bout spec wit light/heal/fire/gust played wit shield befor n thinkin on goin back now wit last 6plat i got cause dunno neother way to survive now witout bein able to pull off a good timed/proc chance of stuns on light n if i had frost but ya thought pets would make mags a bit more even but was dead wrong just pushed us further back again...honestly here iz class things so sry but here we go... Alright first off rogs need nurf to aim shot...(possibly make most abilitys on it a % chance like mags get wit about everything) Wars- add sum time to there heal timer/and possibly add sum time to there kill everything mana regen...as fer us Mags: few sug... U could add armor to shield ability/add to immunity timer or as said already make it reflect/or add to it ability to slow one of these once hit-movement/swing speed/or maybe a +speed to mag fer 3-5sec after bein hit of say 10-25%speed...or beef up-or change completely the curse ability---few sug (add more +dmg to it n a must would be addin range to the spell n pvp 4meters as of now witout shield up or a pre charged heal ur basically dead already/or maybe add n ability to lower there armor-dodge-elemental resists one o these) as for Gust spell only use for this iz the run speed for kiting but now wit pets u cant put out enoff dmg to kite a war n rogues just nearly impossible...so ya sug fer gust-(make it auto target or maybe a ball o gust that once it hits spreads out fer the aoe effect to make auto target possible/maybe add n single target effect to take target completely outta combat fer 3-10 sec were there n a ball o air or sum chit but abile to get out of it wit the same removers of snare n stuff but newho they cant atk or be atkd or cast ne spells n regen stops feR time n bubble/possibly ability to temp disarm fer 3-8sec/or slow there swing speed or maybe just make it add on 1-3sec to the re-cast timer on there last spell/ability or next i think last would invole more skill fer pvp these things wouldnt make it too imbalanced but would easily fix the whole pvp balance imo rog a bit overpower but thats there thing mass dps n wars wit pets r what they should be tanks/Hard to kill but nearly impossible iz just makin pvp pointless...i mean pets have helped out all a tiny bit but least of all mags of corse u can say they can use tankton or sumthin stupid like that n ya use that if u wana be able to just live a tiny bit longer but the pets fer helpin out our killability dont rly cut it fer mags so ya if u wana keep the classes how this game has tryed to as n (rog-burst dps...war-tank wit decent dps even tho n pvp i dun understand how there dmg iz always so much not usualky one shot now that i got more hp from pet but seemes so far even witout there crazy buff on they still do good dmg...mag-a croud control typa char that has ability to aoe but thats nearly pointless n pvp usually cause if u r near more then 2-3 enemys ur already dead specially now that we cant stun lock witch was our only way to kill rogs befor n could kite wars befor now no stun lockin rogs n as fer kiting wars now wit pets nearly immpossible cause time it takes u end up runnin into more enemy...so ya thats reason fer this class stuff n it does tie n wit pets n stun immunity things newly put n...also not tryin to be a dic but u game peps need put n sum effert on mags weps n chit i mean common ive seen the new weps n i mean OMG the wars 2h insane the sword/shield iz crazy nice too n as for the rog bow iz very nice charged proc...as fer mags watch gun push back stupid fer aoe pve n worthless pvp n from what ive seen we get a new staff wit no proc n a gun wit same push back so ya stop favoring classes when u make new items u already have screwed the mags pritty good so couldnt hurt to give us a good new wep wit worth while proc maybe?????? Honestly pissed me off today spendin all my plat openin locked chests to try n get one good mag leg item but not one!!! I got 3 bows one 2h axe 2good rog helms one good war helm good rog ring good rog chest n of corse bout 3-5 leg items that gave wrong stats whitch i think shouldnt be done wit those chests that cost 15p each n only two mag leg items i got were the exact same robes wit 20dex n 6-8str or sumtin wit dodge so ya Stupid how yall even let those odds be possible its rly not right the odds the weps the abilitys yall been doin to mags fact iz u game peps need stop bein class based while makin or changin this game n neone who says they arnt r blind as chit...n befor u even try sayin nethin bashin this part play a mag try pvpn wit em n then check out the new items n maybe even open up 5-10locked chests n c how many leg items u get fer mags wit the right stats on it...but ya im done fer now if neone from this games makers cares to discuss this priv. Id luv to show n prove every point ive made bout this mags lack o luv...lev 15 Twink Mag befor pets n chit had only maybe 3-4 rogs n one war who had killed me more 1v1 then i them...but now rogs r almost same imo good ones its a chance game but wars wit pets now r insanly hard to kill fer mags atleast...much luv to game makers just statein the truth bout the lack o mag luv...still luv game but honestly likein less n less wit the more i c specially wit new items!!!

Lady_Pebbles

@DrGrimmy: The problem is, that Chrome users were still able to use the pets arcane abilities before when mobile users couldn't. I seriously think theres a big problem with Chrome users and scripts/macros that has to be addressed. I just read in spiderpig's thread a post made by another player saying there is a Windmill "bug" that some players can use.. These are all red flags... All classes have the ability to one shot kill another player who has a full hp bar of 1.5/2k+ (despite the class) its all a matter of what you're using behind the game to do it. I don't see or hear a lot of players on Android or iOS doing this so thats why I am hella suspicious of Chrome users.

I seriously hope they can figure out how to stop this cheating chaos.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

having pets just made ROGUES more over powered with hits, cuz with pets their crits are higher percentage so the chances of them htitin u with crits are more than ever.. if anything warriors are weak links now,u get stun by a mage, one shot by rogue, no matter how much health or shield u got,
    not PLEASED

Ill summarize the main issues i think here:
    1. WORSE LAG in pVP with pets, way too many things going on.
    2. MAGE got better, Positive- keep how mages are
    3. ROGUE just became more over powered with DMG with their pets.

Suggestion:

Take out pets, it made the game more unfair
    - Keep the updates with the mages
    - Rogues damage needs to be lowered down, no body else can hit 2-3k here

When fighting in groups one rogue hits u 50% , the other 50% , under a second.. so wheres the fun in that
    when you cant even play for more than a second
    Last edited by inkredible; 02-15-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    Pets do add an interesting new dimension to PvP which I like. This comes with several caveats...

1) 5v5 battles are now just absolute chaos with characters, skills, pets, arcane blasts, etc all over the place making it is difficult visually to figure out what is going on.

2) Everyone dies too quickly now, which I believe adds to the choas, both discouraging and not allowing teams time to organize. There is no time to employ any type of real battle strategy. Several people before the addition of pets had already been advocating decreasing the damage output of all 3 classes. Adding pets only increased the damage output of all three classes (depending on which pet used) making battles even shorter and more chaotic. Damage output needs to be nerfed. Before stuns were nerfed and pets were added fights at least lasted a little longer and required more strategy.

3) I liked how pets interacted with the PvP environment during the glitch early in PvP. Please change how Energizeric suggested. They were there to give a passive happiness bonus but did not attack and you could not use the arcane ability. Being a mage I find the arcane ability somewhat useless as the range of almost all of the arcane buffs are limited. While I am fighting at range my pet is up close fighting the enemy melee putting me out of range of its arcane buffs - another big plus for warriors as they are mostly fighting melee and are more likely to be in range of their pet's arcane buffs.
    To address your points:

1) 5v5 has always been chaotic. Especially when you meet head on with the other team. I still can still tell the difference between a pet and a real player.
    Even incoming death balls, pets lag behind their owners before they join the Frey.

2)Yes I agree, battles are shorter. But no longer it is always in the favour of warriors.
    Rogues can still one shot a mage.
    Warriors can still 2-3 hit a mage.
    Mages still 3-4 hit rogues.
    Difference now, is that I can put up a battle and school some warriors.
    Warriors have more options with pets too. They can go for more strength, more mana, or damage reduction.
    Either or, cookie cutter warrior pvp builds are not working as well.

I don't think we should ask for removal of pets and reduced damage until mages are brought up to par first. And this pets addition I believe manage to do that.

And imagine reduced damage for mages against warriors with 3000 health and 800 armor.. why bother even fighting.

3)I think they need to implement, a return and attack toggle button for pets. That way we have control where they are at all times.

Arcane legends is about pets. Why remove or dumb down that aspect of it.

Sure maps are tight, but its beta. Maybe new maps will have wide and narrow corridors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Since this is a pet feedback thread.

I would like the ability to position your pet.
    I mentioned earlier for an attack or return toggle button.

Maybe a step further as in able to send your pet forwards or behind you.
    Many a times, when I want to activate a pet arcane ability the pet is out of position.

1)Pets are lagging behind that it takes awhile for them to come to my side and engage with me in battle.

2)Pet is too far from me to be able to receive the arcane buff when activated. This is especially true for range fighters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My mage now got killed veery easily. IMPOSSIBLE for a mage to kill a warrior now, unless the warrior doesnt know what his doing.
    My chance against rogue are now also decreased. I have lost my interest once again to play PVP.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Please don't use this thread to knee-jerk and react based on simply the announcement of pets in pvp.

What we're really looking for is actual play experience. Please go play some PvP, refine your build, set up your tactics and get back to us with your thoughts. Thanks very much!
    Can't play as a Mage it's nothing but irritating, I'm wondering if you guys actually play the game or just go through and fix whatever is being whined about the most.
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    I could tolerate it if pets buffs/arcane only the auto att is unfair cause the pet itself cannot be killed/stun/subdued

if pets were a bit easy to kill each round ur alive, it would be alot more ballanced. lets say you are a lvl 10 twink with a lvl 5 pet, the lvl 5 pet gets killed and your still running around. When the pet is killed you lose the bonuses your pet has and your pet is dead till you die or you could feed it bringing it back to life or some sort of extra type of heal pot or something. I persoanlly think pets should even be killable in pve but...yeah

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I don't mind pets.
    Players should be able to adapt and adjust to changes in the system.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    135 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    I don't mind pets.
    Players should be able to adapt and adjust to changes in the system.
    Like forgotten items...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by D-: View Post
    Like forgotten items...
    I sticked around and still pwned

say wut? Oo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I love the idea of adding pets to PVP. Brings a totally new dimension. Of course 90% of my play time is on a PC using a Chrome browser, so I haven't experienced the problems others have mentioned that it's too crowded. I'm still so very frustrated with how OP warriors are (at level 21 anyway). It doesn't really matter what pets, builds, gears, or strategy anybody uses. The team with the most warriors is going to own the other team. Not sure how much more of this I can take.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

In my opinion. Pet doesnt effect the class balancing that much in pvp. There r a few main issues about pets in pvp.

First. the lag caused by pets. my ping always under 200 in normal. but now in pvp it still have lag problem sometimes.

Second. the arcane ability from the pets. As warrior use skyward smash. rogue use piercer. the pets just cant follow up. and the arcane ability just useless. special for mage as mage need to keep distance from the fight and all buff arcane skils effect area r so small. it just makes more unfair.

Thirdly it makes fight too chaostic. u cant see whats going on. ppl need to see and change their strategy to get a good fight.

Im ok with pet need to b feed in pvp. it encourage ppl to try diferent pets. its fun.

Mages r much weaker in pvp now. its not becos of pets. its the stun. 7.5sec stun imnu is just too long. mage could b killed at least 3 times. if u take stun away pls put something to replace it.
    Last edited by warbluefish; 02-17-2013 at 04:10 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    Thirdly it makes fight too chaostic. u cant see whats going on. ppl need to see and change their strategy to get a good fight.
    Have you been in a real MMO guild wars? chaos is good, Lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Crabmeat View Post
    Have you been in a real MMO guild wars? chaos is good, Lol
    or runescape where 2000 players can ffa in a single area

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts

I had a question about the pets. It may be a bug or I saw wrong. In a few pvp matches I had Colton stun me (no stars) and then I was stunned again by a warrior with skyward smash (stars). Do the pets in combination with players follow the 7.5 seconds of stun immunity? Feels like another recipe for possible stun lock.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

I think pets are great and just add a lot more depth to the game. Every class has it's most useful pet as well as every strategy. Even if one pet had a huge advantage over others, they are all obtainable. Yes on twink lvl's newbies would struggle against pets, but in endgame scenarios it is a lot of fun A good choice of pet and right strategy can make up for the class imbalances if you stay with your team. (Though there are some things that should be fixed none the less...)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Pets are awesome.
    No changes needed!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have been a long supporter of Arcane Legends and spent alot of time and real dollars in it. I have capped a lvl 21 rogue and lvl 21 mage and a level16 warrior.

After the pet update, this is the first time I feel like quitting this game. Pvp is no longer fun for me. Game imbalances aside, the biggest problem is the LAGGGGG monster. I get killed by it more than any other player. I am playing from Asia. The addition of pets simply made it unplayable. There are many profit models STS can use to increase your profits, which I gladly support, but please dont make it unplayable. My lag can sometimes go above a few thousand ping. I play with ipad on wifi from Singapore, known for one of the countries with the highest connectivity in Asia.

Business model wise, it is lose-lose. With more lag, people leave the game. Then u got to add servers to solve the issue, which increases your costs. It becomes a vicious cycle.

I hope for future updates, STS can consider the impact on the lag it will create for players in different parts of the WORLD.

Thanks.