Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Look at Boss, for example. He's currently focusing on PvE. But, his kills are 5-6 times greater than his deaths in CTF. Aproximately 10k kills and 1.5k deaths. He gets his kills normally, playing with others. So, Darko, I have found you a warrior with good k/d ratio.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    Look at Boss, for example. He's currently focusing on PvE. But, his kills are 5-6 times greater than his deaths in CTF. Aproximately 10k kills and 1.5k deaths. He gets his kills normally, playing with others. So, Darko, I have found you a warrior with good k/d ratio.
    Yup, Boss is one good tank. I also have Ramyunstyle, Holyhg and Zidane
    duck dynasty falls

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by TuMadreee View Post
    K/D ratio really doesn't mean that much. Granted my warrior is only in 21 pvp, but before the change he regularly fought 23-25 lvl toons. He has 800 more kills than deaths. What I have seen from my rogue is the top K/D run when the battle gets hot. Very few stay into the last thrones of despair. They join a match die a time or two and leave until they can find a match were it isn't as tough. I have seen whole guilds do it too. I am sure most have seen it.

I am not saying that is wrong to do that. I am just pointing out what I see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Syylent View Post
    K/D ratio really doesn't mean that much. Granted my warrior is only in 21 pvp, but before the change he regularly fought 23-25 lvl toons. He has 800 more kills than deaths. What I have seen from my rogue is the top K/D run when the battle gets hot. Very few stay into the last thrones of despair. They join a match die a time or two and leave until they can find a match were it isn't as tough. I have seen whole guilds do it too. I am sure most have seen it.

agree
    K/DR is one thing, the eye test is another thing.
    Some player with great K/DRs leave the game faster than Jacoby Jones ran his kickoff return @ Super Bowl XLVII, when things dont go their way.
    I dont blame them, its smart.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to CGRS For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

i think all pvp players done it, i did it before when i see 5rampaging warriors on the other side. no point of fighting in that battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Syylent. Just started two weeks and I noticed that's how it is. Can you blame people from leaving when they are outnumbered or outgunned? Think about it. I have been in games where people don't care about the team all they care about are flags. I seen people with far more flags than deaths. I called them flag runners. What about people who are all over the place in PVP no coordinated effort. Should people stick around with teams like this? I use to but no longer... because while people are running after flags at the wrong time and people are all over the place you are been cornered, mobbed by three players and it doesn't matter what you have on you will be going down...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oraceanid View Post
    Syylent. Just started two weeks and I noticed that's how it is. Can you blame people from leaving when they are outnumbered or outgunned? Think about it. I have been in games where people don't care about the team all they care about are flags. I seen people with far more flags than deaths. I called them flag runners. What about people who are all over the place in PVP no coordinated effort. Should people stick around with teams like this? I use to but no longer... because while people are running after flags at the wrong time and people are all over the place you are been cornered, mobbed by three players and it doesn't matter what you have on you will be going down...
    I agree, but in a game that lasts warriors get more deaths, mages and rogues get more kills, "unless" there are multiple warriors. ...I can really survive that. But if its me, 2 rouges, 2 mages, I die a lot to keep them alive. ..in my opinion, if your tank didn't did for you, they aren't a good tank...a tank shouldn't have a 5:1, kd ratio....I have 5.4k kills, 4k deaths, 2.3k flags. ..I see tanks with better stats PvP with not even close to same states as me. ...I have 4155 health, 207.8 dps...most have 3900, 180ish... and your not "good" to me if you only play with a good group. Or quit when its bot going your way. ..I was on a team we lost first three waves. We rgd, change strategy and ended up dominating rest of game, my only issue is when its 1 vs5 and you gang me, I mean really? Ill keep the game going just be fair about it
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I agree, but in a game that lasts warriors get more deaths, mages and rogues get more kills, "unless" there are multiple warriors. ...I can really survive that. But if its me, 2 rouges, 2 mages, I die a lot to keep them alive. ..in my opinion, if your tank didn't did for you, they aren't a good tank...a tank shouldn't have a 5:1, kd ratio....I have 5.4k kills, 4k deaths, 2.3k flags. ..I see tanks with better stats PvP with not even close to same states as me. ...I have 4155 health, 207.8 dps...most have 3900, 180ish... and your not "good" to me if you only play with a good group. Or quit when its bot going your way. ..I was on a team we lost first three waves. We rgd, change strategy and ended up dominating rest of game, my only issue is when its 1 vs5 and you gang me, I mean really? Ill keep the game going just be fair about it

Yep I can definately atest to your first statement "warriors get more deaths and mages and rogues get kills" if the team has only one warrior. I suck up all the hits like a punching bag but when there are multiple warriors it gives me a chance to have a far better game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CGRS View Post
    agree
    K/DR is one thing, the eye test is another thing.
    Some player with great K/DRs leave the game faster than Jacoby Jones ran his kickoff return @ Super Bowl XLVII, when things dont go their way.
    I dont blame them, its smart.

That boy can run too.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    i think all pvp players done it, i did it before when i see 5rampaging warriors on the other side. no point of fighting in that battle.
    Ohh.. I get why they do it. I don't. I got my hiney handed to me yesterday. 5 lvl 23s against solo me. It was fun and they were complete, well there are kids here so I won't say.

I finally did after maybe 100 deaths... and yes I was chided throughout the whole match. I refused to leave and they refused to cap. Ha! I have learned though and won't do that again.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Oraceanid View Post
    Nah mate I don't blame them. Also being at 21 you also get 23s. 23s can smoke me. They also talk a lot of trash for some reason. Maybe it is just me, but man the people in this game seem like.... well playground bullies to put it in terms that can be expressed without speaking between men.

That is why there should be something more than CTF. Never understood the concept of CTFs anyway. It never excited me.

My whole point.. the K/D ratio isn't a good thing to compare things on.

I am regularly the last one to leave. I have many 5 v 1 happen. I rationalize it as... it is only a game..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Nah mate I don't blame them. Also being at 21 you also get 23s. 23s can smoke me. They also talk a lot of trash for some reason. Maybe it is just me, but man the people in this game seem like.... well playground bullies to put it in terms that can be expressed without speaking between men.

That is why there should be something more than CTF. Never understood the concept of CTFs anyway. It never excited me.

My whole point.. the K/D ratio isn't a good thing to compare things on.

I am regularly the last one to leave. I have many 5 v 1 happen. I rationalize it as... it is only a game..
    Try to know

Yeah I know what you mean. When its 5 v 1 or 3 v 1 I stick around a little bit and if now one joins I leave. 5 v 1 is a quick leave.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Onade is a perfect example..he has 5000 kills, 14000 deaths. .. he never ever leaves a game. .. ever... does that mean he sucks compared to those with good k/d that jump rooms when they die, or jump on the team with more people??? Straight up rogues are op and everybody knows it...mages health is crappy knows it...warriors give too little damage everybody knows it..... bottom line...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Onade is a perfect example..he has 5000 kills, 14000 deaths. .. he never ever leaves a game. .. ever... does that mean he sucks compared to those with good k/d that jump rooms when they die, or jump on the team with more people??? Straight up rogues are op and everybody knows it...mages health is crappy knows it...warriors give too little damage everybody knows it..... bottom line...
    Nice try, Darko: if children die in Kongo, then rogue is OP. That's how your statement looks.
    If rogue or mage wouldn't quit map ever same happens with their kdr, or it can as always be 1000/100000.
    In overall you are making your conclusions according 1v1 battles.

It's CTF TEAM game (supposed to be). Skills and Powers of every class are questioned from the point of view of TEAM USEFULNESS. Noone doubt that it's hard to survive without a Warrior, his tank ability and his heal (hor), and warrior can also give mana to all party and hook single enemy from the crowd for his allies to kill. It's the best class in game for CTF, skill HOR itself wins the games if warriors in one team good utilize it.
    Mages. They are born teamplayers. They have wonderful hp/mana heal for all party, a lot of stun abilities. Although mage is not so useful as Warrior in game, mage plays great role in CTF with it's crowdcontrol.
    Rogue. Who in right mind wants a lot of rogues in their team? If not to consider rogue as killstealer (but everyone does consider it, since there is no win/lose points, THIS should be changed asap) what does rogue contribute to his team in PvP? Yes, there is health pack that most people want to be nerfed (and call it trash packs), there is Veil Bomb that is hard to use because the battle is on_the_go. But the main TEAMPLAY ability of the rogue class is it's Fast kill skills. So the main goal of the rogue is to break into and bring instant death to another rogue preferably. Single target abilities of a rogue supposed to kill single target faster. If rogue would be nerfed according 1v1 position of Darko, it becomes 5th wheel in CTF party, rogue doesn't contribute anything except KILL.
    'Killsteal' - this word vanish as kill/flags system would be changed for win/lose.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to jtst For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

So much reason and common sense... It overwhelming!

I remember when we did serious team fights with flagging as the win condition. Main role of the rogue when clashing with the opposing team was breaking through the tanks, going behind enemy lines and eliminating the mages asap to cripple the opposing teams recovery possibilities. Rogues also did the scouting and fast flagging while the teams were occupied.

It amazing now fun and thrilling those games were where both teams had an agreement to play by the rules. I remember my team camping our flag spawn when the score was 3-4 while I was sneaking around trying to steal a flag. What an adrenaline rush when you succeed! And all the while tanks were h5 mages for timely stuns and mages thanking tanks for taking the heat off of them. The feeling of accomplishment after winning such a match, especially in a random party, cannot be matched by grouping up and farming kills.

Sometimes GM of Deviant Misfits. We aim to misbehave!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Should a rouge be able to 1 shot a mage? I saw crit of 2835 today ...a pro tank said one aimed shot took 80% if his life, that's a little ridiculous im just saying. ...im not saying nerf them all together but we experimented and rouges have the unique ability to dual spec .we hit a rouge (with nefarious hooks) to over 4000 hp, and still over 200dps, that's a tank with still best damage in game and high crit...dodge was sacraficed but still... auto my question is just that, why should a rogue be able to achieve a warriirs strength ( health) yet a warriir Cannot fo the same and increase iur dps or damage. ....dex only increases dodge save crit fir warriors while damage and dps lower.... you can honestly say that's ok?? And fair??? Ill leave judgement till after update with new weapons, skills etc. .. things can change. ... and we will revisit this soon... mages are style terrible 1vs1 though and need something for defebse maybe increase that 500 to 600...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Should a rouge be able to 1 shot a mage? I saw crit of 2835 today ...a pro tank said one aimed shot took 80% if his life, that's a little ridiculous im just saying. ...im not saying nerf them all together but we experimented and rouges have the unique ability to dual spec .we hit a rouge (with nefarious hooks) to over 4000 hp, and still over 200dps, that's a tank with still best damage in game and high crit...dodge was sacraficed but still... auto my question is just that, why should a rogue be able to achieve a warriirs strength ( health) yet a warriir Cannot fo the same and increase iur dps or damage. ....dex only increases dodge save crit fir warriors while damage and dps lower.... you can honestly say that's ok?? And fair??? Ill leave judgement till after update with new weapons, skills etc. .. things can change. ... and we will revisit this soon... mages are style terrible 1vs1 though and need something for defebse maybe increase that 500 to 600...
    Me neither understand, where these high numbers came from. Max crit with my sorc lightning, if dmg around 230 is: ~1300(but then my hp is very low, so its not good at all), rogues crit with aimed shot if dmg is around 200: 2k+ and they still got high hp. Someone please explain.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

it is not just stat dmg or crit, armor also has something to do with the damage/crit bein done.

and we all know who has what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I think its the player not the character with all this bottom line the player figures a way to make there character better by upping certain stats & somehow find out which weopon does the most damage usually if its not suppose to do that much damage, I'm a rougue & I don't try to jump on some1's kill I prefer to fight 1v1 or try 2 work my way around the fight to the flag, I findmyself always being killed by sorcerers the most & killed by rogues the least, I think rogues are the weakest because there health is soo low, but that's my opinionddont mean its true.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rogue can critical hit a warrior 1.3k plus not fair and their heal is much better, rogue is powerful now, warrior need update gm.