Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

1.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #1
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Default Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

On Feb. 14th we updated Arcane Legends with the following changes:

• Your pets will now fight with you in PvP combat!
    • Immunity to being stunned should now always work. For example, a Rogue should no longer be able charge their basic attack and stun an opponent over and over again in PvP.

Patch Notes here: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...pdate-(113386)

Please use this thread to post your PvP Feedback thoughts about class balance after you have played the new version. Thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

rogues new weapon r so cool. more powerful than ever.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

At first I thought it sucked. I kept playing and now I think its Balanced. Rogues and Warriors can kill each other. A rogue (Cant say his name cause inapoparite) got 7 kills in a row Warriors can kill more now to. Not sure about mages yet but Warriors and Rogues are balanced

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanee View Post
    At first I thought it sucked. I kept playing and now I think its Balanced. Rogues and Warriors can kill each other. A rogue (Cant say his name cause inapoparite) got 7 kills in a row Warriors can kill more now to. Not sure about mages yet but Warriors and Rogues are balanced
    so that means mages need more power XD
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    so that means mages need more power XD
    Well I guess so not to powerful though! Remember they supose to be something like a medic

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Well I guess so not to powerful though! Remember they supose to be something like a medic
    Warrior is the medic. they have the best heal skill in the game.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Medic? Who needs a medic when warriors have better heal skill than we do.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I dont play a mage to give u HP..or to be a support class in PvP..I play a mage to BBQ enemies, or make tons of rouge popsicles XD.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

11. The Following User Says Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Well I wouldnt know I only use one character lol. Mages are under powerd I agree with that though

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Arcanee For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

correct me if I am wrong

there are a few things I just dont get it.

Wars and Rouges have longer skill attack range than mage? shouldn't mage deserve the longest attack range or at least the same?
    Mage cant outrun Wars, no metter what, they always catch me (tried run with time shift+Fireball+normal charged attack or forst+Firebell+normal charged attack)
    Wars and Rouges can hit me through the wall? It happened so many time when I was only at corner.
    I have seen 1 war vs 2mages or 1 rouges vs 2mages at the same time and yet mages lost but I have never seen a mage survive in the same situation.
    Maybe War and Rouges are not OP just Mages are too weak...........
    If one class can kill the other class with 1-2 hit, then its not balance.

I am not the best player nor have the best gear.
    just want to have a fair game
    Last edited by puresai; 02-14-2013 at 09:26 PM.

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to puresai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I agree that, if you introduce stun immunities, overhaul mages as you designed them around crowd control...

All it took was to delete perma stun from normal attacks really. Taking away interrupts for a whole 8 seconds (which is like 2 times more time than an average battle takes) is a bit crippling in terms of gameplay.

I'm very happy my warrior can actually do stuff in group fights now though. But yea, do something about mages; overhauling the protection shield provides could be a start.
    Last edited by Heiki; 02-14-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Every class has heal skill, why the f do u think mage supose to be a medic?
    NOONE chose a mage because they want to be a medic. I know i didnt.
    it is annoying when ppl think mages only supose to be a support role.
    we r sorcerer not priest..............

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to puresai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I have a mage in my team, cero that destroys everybody. ..a mage won the first ever pvp tournament...im tired of hearing mages wibe that they are weak.....learn to use it properly...and no long range attack are u kidding me? Mages like godstouch have perfected standing behind the action and stealing kills from warriors...look at pvp board... rouges and mages are destroying warriors in kills...warriors are best at captures for flags...if warriors are so dominant why arent they up their in kills??? Most warmongers are rouge or mage not warriors.....
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Secondly, on lb..the top ten in kills has ZERO warriors on it...all mages and rouges...on lb, all hauntlet, crypt, and tombs times are rogues and mages. .. the only imbalance is the warriors...if warriors were so unstoppable theyd be leading all boards, they are slow..dps sucks compared to mage and rouge...long range attack doesnt even come close to rouge...or mage... I anyways I n group with 3 tanks mage and rouge. ..ir 2 warriors, 2 rouges, 1 mage. ..warrior only leads in kills about 5% of time.. Rutherford and cero, my rouge and mage, destroy in kills, sometimes 30-40 in one game, while warriors get 5-15 oun average in a game. ..now yed 1 vs 1 a warrior will take down most....but that rarely happens
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

^ I'm gonna explain why warriors ont get enough kills. Most warriors, I observed, do not time their skills to last hit. Most warriors play by just jumping into team fights, and mash whatever skill which isn't on cool down. However, i have seen some warriors who time their nukes well enough and they have no problem getting kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Who does the damage if everyone times their skills to get the kill? You say we should all act like killstealers and let our teammates die just so we can pad our K/D ratio? I know this is how rogues play (and how the game encourages you to play with useless stats like K/D) but someone actually gotta do the job of softening a target before you can "time your skills".
    Last edited by Heiki; 02-15-2013 at 04:26 AM.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    I have a mage in my team, cero that destroys everybody. ..a mage won the first ever pvp tournament...im tired of hearing mages wibe that they are weak.....learn to use it properly...and no long range attack are u kidding me? Mages like godstouch have perfected standing behind the action and stealing kills from warriors...look at pvp board... rouges and mages are destroying warriors in kills...warriors are best at captures for flags...if warriors are so dominant why arent they up their in kills??? Most warmongers are rouge or mage not warriors.....

stealing kills?

so u mean
    I have to wait until the fight over then start attacking or give the winner a cookie?
    no one can see opponent's hp, how the hell do ppl steal kill?
    Who knows if u r winning or losing, ppl just start attack when they see an enemy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Secondly, on lb..the top ten in kills has ZERO warriors on it...all mages and rouges...on lb, all hauntlet, crypt, and tombs times are rogues and mages. .. the only imbalance is the warriors...if warriors were so unstoppable theyd be leading all boards, they are slow..dps sucks compared to mage and rouge...long range attack doesnt even come close to rouge...or mage... I anyways I n group with 3 tanks mage and rouge. ..ir 2 warriors, 2 rouges, 1 mage. ..warrior only leads in kills about 5% of time.. Rutherford and cero, my rouge and mage, destroy in kills, sometimes 30-40 in one game, while warriors get 5-15 oun average in a game. ..now yed 1 vs 1 a warrior will take down most....but that rarely happens
    I am not taking about who gets the most kills......
    You didnt answer any of my question

why mages cant outrun wars?
    why can rouges and wars can hit a enemy though the wall but mage cant?
    why rouges have longer range than mages(skill attack)? I did not say mages have no long range attack
    (correct me if i am wrong)

I DID NOT say mages have low dps,
    However, 1-2hit from war, mages' hp will down to 50%(with stun) due to mages' low armor and hp
    so..... low dps?

I am just talking about how a mage can survive longer when 1v1 with rouges and wars.
    again, any class can kill other class with 1-2hit, its imbalance to me.

BTW
    if u do own a rouge or mage and think they r so awesome at killing, why bother play as war?

26. The Following User Says Thank You to puresai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Stealing a kill is when I have a rogue or sorcerer cornered and I am beating the crap out of him/her, and am about to win the battle, and then one of my teammates shows up and makes the last hit to get the kill. Nothing wrong with doing that when your teammate needs the help, but it's kind of annoying when you are kicking the crap out of them anyway and now someone just steps in to steal the kill that you worked hard for.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Its pvp we r talking about. and also class balancing. not the kill counts. why dont u talk about flag catching? who r the top 10 of that?