Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

well mage strengths varies in lvl also. ive been a mage in 17 and 21 and been able to kill gud rogues and warriors. even in 25 ive been still able to do it.
    just that hard part of being mage is its technicalities in which they coudnt just get good attributes without sacrificing another
    typically mages uses pure int build as stats to gain decent dmg. and covers hp and armor to equipment sets.
    if mage add more str to boost a bit of hp they loose dmg. and so may survive more in clashes. yet might possibly do less in dmging.
    if a mage uses clash build they might do not too gud when it comes to 1v1.for clash builds mostly work on aoe yet medium dmg. thus decrease effectivity in 1v1.
    also mage performance to duels also varies with builds they use. diff builds to use each classes mostly.

Tho i still agree that mages needs a boost in pvp..
    maybe mage needs more deffensive attributes in some lvlzones of pvp..

these are some of my opinions to pvp. and im open to your comments. i may hav outlooked somthing still tho ^^,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

My suggestions on fixing mage in PvP, it's pretty ridiculous but it's just a suggestion:
    -Give mage the only class to have 5 skill slots. Now it sounds crazy but I believe mage having 3 dmg skills and 2 support skills should be enough to even out the playing field since the generic build for mage PvP is 2 dmg skill, heal, and shield
    -Or lower cool down on mages heal to I'd say 8-10 sec (this ones a bit crazy) but by lowering the cd it would give mages a chance to survive without shield because we all know once mages shield is off it basically means death when facing a geared rouge/war
    Again it's just suggestions, I would love some feed back

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Rouges do finishing kill... personally warriors CAN... not mine lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

Mages don't need a buff, all classes were meant for endgame and atm any good mage can kill a rouge. A mage can stunlock, no need to say anything else.

Rouges are just broken, they 1 shoot even tanks with decent pink gear.

Tanks need more defense so they can last long in clashes, but they need less CC. Axe smash and samael = stunlcok on rouge in 1v1.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    Mages don't need a buff, all classes were meant for endgame and atm any good mage can kill a rouge. A mage can stunlock, no need to say anything else.

Rouges are just broken, they 1 shoot even tanks with decent pink gear.

Tanks need more defense so they can last long in clashes, but they need less CC. Axe smash and samael = stunlcok on rouge in 1v1.
    No more stun lock since last PvP update, I believe it's a 7 second gap between stuns, or 5 sec I'm not sure, but that's one of the main reason mages are underpowered now, because they can't stun lock and not to mention fireball doesn't even stun 100% of the time anymore
    Last edited by EliB; 08-17-2014 at 10:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by EliB View Post
    No more stun lock since last PvP update, I believe it's a 7 second gap between stuns, or 5 sec I'm not sure, but that's one of the main reason mages are underpowered now, because they can't stun lock and not to mention fireball doesn't even stun 100% of the time anymore
    Um...just saying this post is completely wrong. Stunlock is the use of fireball stun followed by slag/Samael panic. Panic does not have immunity, and can be spammed as much as the player wants. Fireball will always stun unless the player has been stunned in the past 7 seconds. And even then, it does very briefly stun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. The Following User Says Thank You to UndeadJudge For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by UndeadJudge View Post
    Um...just saying this post is completely wrong. Stunlock is the use of fireball stun followed by slag/Samael panic. Panic does not have immunity, and can be spammed as much as the player wants. Fireball will always stun unless the player has been stunned in the past 7 seconds. And even then, it does very briefly stun.

Lol spamming an aa? You must me a hacker. Correct me if I'm wrong, stun lock means stun after stun after stun barely giving the opponent a chance to attack, slags aa doesn't even stun most of the time, maybe when it's leveled 40+ but anything below he has like 40% stun chance (no one knows for sure but it's definitely not 100%). Fireball does not stun 100% of the time, and it doesn't "briefly" stun between the 7 sec gap either idk where you got that from

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Lol spamming an aa? You must me a hacker. Correct me if I'm wrong, stun lock means stun after stun after stun barely giving the opponent a chance to attack, slags aa doesn't even stun most of the time, maybe when it's leveled 40+ but anything below he has like 40% stun chance (no one knows for sure but it's definitely not 100%). Fireball does not stun 100% of the time, and it doesn't "briefly" stun between the 7 sec gap either idk where you got that from
    There's no use arguing. But spamming an aa isn't what I meant. That was fixed with a patch a long time ago. What I meant is 5 players that have a panic pet like slag or Samael and chain panic one after the other. Okay fine slag's aa won't always stun. Try Samael instead. And charge two fireballs one after the other, the player is stunned for about .5 seconds on the second fireball.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

There's no use arguing. But spamming an aa isn't what I meant. That was fixed with a patch a long time ago. What I meant is 5 players that have a panic pet like slag or Samael and chain panic one after the other. Okay fine slag's aa won't always stun. Try Samael instead. And charge two fireballs one after the other, the player is stunned for about .5 seconds on the second fireball.

I understand what you're saying now. I was speaking of a 1v1 situation though. And I would love to get Sam but that's 25 mil the cheapest .-.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Then all classes can be responsible for "stunlock" or are mages the only class that uses terrify pets? Warriors also have decent stun skills,dmg thats really high, an op arcane weapon(that has been op since its release), and can also stunlock an opponent to death. rogue and warrior have skills to disable fb stun. Its up to the player whether or not to use them. Mage has zero stunblock ability

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Default Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by phillyr View Post
    Then all classes can be responsible for "stunlock" or are mages the only class that uses terrify pets? Warriors also have decent stun skills,dmg thats really high, an op arcane weapon(that has been op since its release), and can also stunlock an opponent to death. rogue and warrior have skills to disable fb stun. Its up to the player whether or not to use them. Mage has zero stunblock ability
    Yes we know mages are underpowered in PvP. The only reason why mages have more stunlock potential is because fireball always stuns. The other classes only have chances to stun, especially rogues since bow stun hardly works these days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Yes we know mages are underpowered in PvP. The only reason why mages have more stunlock potential is because fireball always stuns. The other classes only have chances to stun, especially rogues since bow stun hardly works these days.

Again mages fire ball does not always stun and rouge does not need stun that would make them more op then the already are charged basic is more than enough tbh they should just take out stuns on rouge period just imo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Fireball does not always stun bro. Im not trying to argue, but both the other classes (tank with jugg and rogue with razor shield) can always counter the stun. Mage has no counter against anything. The "shield" we have gets broken after it gets hit once after the immunity is over.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Fireball does not always stun bro. Im not trying to argue, but both the other classes (tank with jugg and rogue with razor shield) can always counter the stun. Mage has no counter against anything. The "shield" we have gets broken after it gets hit once after the immunity is over.
    Well obviously, but if you are going to stunlock on a Mage, you will go shield > fireball > lightning > ice > panic and spam combos, to which point your rogue opponent is dead if they don't panic back. Rogues with razor would get wrecked by curse mages, and it's almost impossible for mages to kill warriors anyway.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Again mages fire ball does not always stun and rouge does not need stun that would make them more op then the already are charged basic is more than enough tbh they should just take out stuns on rouge period just imo
    If you stunlock you will do it while immunity is not active, unless you have no idea how to play a Mage. And I never said rogues needed a stun, I just said they had one...btw almost all weapons stun on charged auto, even sorcerers and warriors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Well obviously, but if you are going to stunlock on a Mage, you will go shield > fireball > lightning > ice > panic and spam combos, to which point your rogue opponent is dead if they don't panic back. Rogues with razor would get wrecked by curse mages, and it's almost impossible for mages to kill warriors anyway.

I can kill nub warriors lol thats about it. Im jus tryin to say the days of stunlock are over. If we get the first stun in, the panic is pure chance. If panic or terrify actually work we can survive, if it doesnt we die. There is no true 100% stunlock for any class.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

You're trying to say a "perfect" fight, with 3 dmg attacks which most mages do not run in a pvp spec, and what you're talking about is most definitely not a stun lock considering you really only have 1 highly like to hit stun in your rotation with a 2.5 sec stun at max(because yes fire ball does not always give a max duration stun) and unless you're saying your mage can kill a skilled and geared rouge in 2.5 secs you sir are a god.

If you stunlock you will do it while immunity is not active, unless you have no idea how to play a Mage. And I never said rogues needed a stun, I just said they had one...btw almost all weapons stun on charged auto, even sorcerers and warriors.

It's not called a "stun lock" if you are stunning your opponent every 7 sec or so it's just called a "stun". Also I did not say you stated that a rouge should have a stun I was simply stating that "if" they did stun on addition to their charged basic rouges would be more op then ever. Please do not tell me I have a lesser understanding of mages that's just utterly offensive. And stop saying perfect scenarios, I believe you believe that mages will always hit everything 100% of the time including pets aa, you have to consider the factors.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

The happens like so:
    Charged FB, tap ice, pet AA. It's enough stunlock for a mage.

Mages are greatly overpowering rouges this season. If you can't kill a rouge as a mage, that's why sad.

The tanks overpowers the rouge too, if they are successful in stunlock, which is the following:
    Axe, smash, pet AA. With the new pink weapon proc, you will easily win.

The only real time where the rouge is OP, is against other rouges and if you just "meet & greet pvp"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    61 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Soundlesskill View Post
    The happens like so:
    Charged FB, tap ice, pet AA. It's enough stunlock for a mage.

Mages are greatly overpowering rouges this season. If you can't kill a rouge as a mage, that's why sad.

The tanks overpowers the rouge too, if they are successful in stunlock, which is the following:
    Axe, smash, pet AA. With the new pink weapon proc, you will easily win.

The only real time where the rouge is OP, is against other rouges and if you just "meet & greet pvp"
    U must be joking . If all the stars allign and our pet aa actually hits then yes we can beat a rogue. But if (and most of the time) when, our pets aa doesnt connect, the shield is broken and half our health is gone in one shot. Ive had my shield broken and killed from one crit aimed a few times.

Our very survival depends on the slight chance slag or sam can stop the one shot kill.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    261 Posts

U must be joking . If all the stars allign and our pet aa actually hits then yes we can beat a rogue. But if (and most of the time) when, our pets aa doesnt connect, the shield is broken and half our health is gone in one shot. Ive had my shield broken and killed from one crit aimed a few times.

Our very survival depends on the slight chance slag or sam can stop the one shot kill.
    That is very true tho, and I never said no to that. But if the AA does indeed hit, the rouge is as good as dead.
    I find it ridiulous tanks now also stunlock.
    But a no bow rouge vs a mythic gun mage (10m price difference in weapons) is pretty bad for the rouge. I think you should calculate the gears too. I've been 2 shot mages countless times. It's virtually impossible to PvP without decent gear. And a lot of people can't afford a mythic armor even.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Soundlesskill For This Useful Post: