Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Class Balance in CTF PvP Feedback

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    Lifegiver is directly related to your mana and hp. Whether it is strong enough is another question...
    No i mean the regen effects, like the regen 10 mana every second for 5 seconds or something like that. The regen effects are quite insignificant now

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt View Post
    No i mean the regen effects, like the regen 10 mana every second for 5 seconds or something like that. The regen effects are quite insignificant now
    Oh I see... Yeah.. Those are quite pathetic...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

(From a sorc's point of view) yea i am officially done with pvp.... if something is not done about warrs being able to fully heal and grant invulnerability to the entire team, then i have no more hope, STS you do realize you have given warriors a sorc's heal and arcane shield combined in 1 attack pretty much, maybe even better then both of them combined(considering we have to take the time to cast 2 spells, plus the fact we r then stuck with only 2 offensive attacks, PLUS the fact that our arcane shield invulnerability does not go to our teammates). with the obvious fact they can already take a tank load of hits, wtf were u all thinkin??? cause i am speechless, And do i really need to explain the insignificance of the 5 mana 10 hp regens at level cap??? The 500ish damage absorbed (assuming the amount because thats the vague information we are given on that point of the skill). THIS IS TRULY THE MAIN PROBLEM IN PVP BALANCE so feel free to take a good look at it =).

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Bootydots For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Packs really do need to be nerfed, and ill show you a fair comparison between me and a top rouge. ..this will be a comparison of facts and not whining as some put it. ..we both have mythic end game gear. (No nefarious hooks), both woth malison for equal comparison my numbers look like this (latter is with vengeful buff)*darkko: health 4095/4595Dodge 2.8%Crit. 6.9%/31.9%Dam. 180.8/198.5Mana. 890Dps. 203.4%/223.3%Armor. 1141Rogue:AOIOHealth. 2554Dodge. 28.45%Crit. 17.42%Dam. 193.7Mana. 695Dps. 348.6Armor. 868Okay we will look at stats at 15 seconds since thats cd time and about how long a usual fight lasts... (1 vs 1 )With vengeful buff, adding horn with 25% increase at MAX output of 452 health, my warrior can have max health of 6855 during this 15 second period....this rouge with 15% add on, and 10% buff from piercer, can have total of 5872 during same 15 second period... (this does not incluse small buff from vengeful while being hit, and does not include selfheal, or healing effects for rouge) so basicaly this battle looks like thisI have 14% more healthI have 24% more armorThey have 91% more dodge ( balanced would be 14% more)They have 64% more dps (balanced would be 24% more)Now just looking at stats, warriors strength is health and armor, rouges strength is dodge, crit, and dps. Vengeful does help out crit. But basically there weakness os beong negated woth health packs added with a ridiculous dodge percentage, if a warrior.l wanted same dodge there health would be extremely low. We have no skill that helps us get close to their dodge or dps, so why should they have a skill that gets close to our health, combined woth dodge, they are very hard to kill (3/4) in final four in tourney were rouges. Mages are even worse, having 123-153 health plus 100 over ten seconds, however there shield is super nice....bit once shield is off they are like a squishy fluff, mages and rouges should swap health skills...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

You mages gotta realize that the reality is your class is superior in PVE and not so much under 1v1 situations in CTF.
    If you really want to stand a chance vs rogues then that's basically asking for an AOE Aimshot or something similar to the bugged windmill which aint going to happen.
    I've pvped for quite some time over the last few weeks and the top mages do their fair share vs rogues or wars even so in no way are you guys THAT underpowered.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Agree ragarding mage damage with aoe, need better heal
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    You mages gotta realize that the reality is your class is superior in PVE and not so much under 1v1 situations in CTF.
    If you really want to stand a chance vs rogues then that's basically asking for an AOE Aimshot or something similar to the bugged windmill which aint going to happen.
    I've pvped for quite some time over the last few weeks and the top mages do their fair share vs rogues or wars even so in no way are you guys THAT underpowered.
    And i think you should realize a properly made MMO is both balanced with pve and pvp, no classes should have any advantage in either of em they have their strong points but never should there be a disadvantage. Lemme guess you are a warr??? Roll a mage against a warr who knows how to cast a heal and tell me how it goes =))

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bootydots View Post
    And i think you should realize a properly made MMO is both balanced with pve and pvp, no classes should have any advantage in either of em they have their strong points but never should there be a disadvantage. Lemme guess you are a warr??? Roll a mage against a warr who knows how to cast a heal and tell me how it goes =))
    I'm not a war and I got all 3 classes so i'm talking from a neutral standpoint.
    And MMOs are never balanced.
    People play certain classes b/c they excel in certain areas.

And mages are NOT at a disadvantage. Pro mages know how to play in a party to maximize their effectiveness while other mages (& too many of you) feel like they can be a rogue and go around pew pew pew for kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I'm not a war and I got all 3 classes so i'm talking from a neutral standpoint.

And mages are NOT at a disadvantage. Pro mages know how to play in a party to maximize their effectiveness while other mages (& too many of you) feel like they can be a rogue and go around pew pew pew for kills.
    Or go gung ho by themselves trying to be a warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

(From a sorc's point of view) yea i am officially done with pvp.... if something is not done about warrs being able to fully heal and grant invulnerability to the entire team, then i have no more hope, STS you do realize you have given warriors a sorc's heal and arcane shield combined in 1 attack pretty much, maybe even better then both of them combined(considering we have to take the time to cast 2 spells, plus the fact we r then stuck with only 2 offensive attacks, PLUS the fact that our arcane shield invulnerability does not go to our teammates). with the obvious fact they can already take a tank load of hits, wtf were u all thinkin??? cause i am speechless, And do i really need to explain the insignificance of the 5 mana 10 hp regens at level cap??? The 500ish damage absorbed (assuming the amount because thats the vague information we are given on that point of the skill). THIS IS TRULY THE MAIN PROBLEM IN PVP BALANCE so feel free to take a good look at it =).
    BUMP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Then why is STS trying to balance them?
    Why this thread is on sticky?
    And why are we talking about it?

I do agree with you somewhat. Mage should not play like rogue and warrior in team. Every class has their role and it's important.
    But if you really play juat as it is, warrior and mage get only lucky kills, but rogue will get intended kills. And what we get from pvp is number of kills and flag only. Winning from flag is meaningless(some do care, I mean you get no reward. But number of kill makes you feel strong or something...), so people farm for kills more. That's what people feel bad about. Because they can't make kills like rogue. So people even call 'stealing kills'

So my point was, if each class can fight 1on1 briefly fair, we can say 'classes are balance'.
    And people will not feel SO bad like this because they can fight back at least.
    Right now it is hard for mage to fight, be able to run or dead.
    Yes. Some good mages know how to play, but in general it is harder than other class.

So we are talking about how to balance these classes I think.

Or like I suggest on other thread, STS need to change whole pvp system so people can play as team better.
    Last edited by Excuses; 03-23-2013 at 01:11 AM.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Excuses For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Rogues health is better than warriors why not timeb on that, that should is crucial for all members in pve .. you'd have same two second shield plus warriors around you. ..warriors are also limited to two attack skills were you aware of this. . Only rouges can have three and be effective. .the regean for manage is a joke as is vengeful regean..tank load of hits? One aimed shot will take half warrior life .. and they can do it again in two seconds lol, shorter than it takes for horn to work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Darko View Post
    Rogues health is better than warriors why not timeb on that, that should is crucial for all members in pve .. you'd have same two second shield plus warriors around you. ..warriors are also limited to two attack skills were you aware of this. . Only rouges can have three and be effective. .the regean for manage is a joke as is vengeful regean..tank load of hits? One aimed shot will take half warrior life .. and they can do it again in two seconds lol, shorter than it takes for horn to work
    Because rogues are of no concern to me??? the only time a rogue gets a kill on me is with a lucky 1 shot,other than that they are pretty easy to kill. and as a warr you can simply heal yourself and grant invulnerabilty, so if your dying in 2 shots as a warr u r doing something majorly wrong???? And yes Warriors have 2 offensive attacks typically also, But atleast their attack gives them a incredible buff. to increase their damage output?? i would say that makes up for the fact they only got 2 attacks wouldnt you??? And comparing mana regens with a warr to a sorc??? yes they both give off about the same mana regen, u fergot to account that a sorc's skills costs much more mana then a warrs or rogues though....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Because rogues are of no concern to me??? the only time a rogue gets a kill on me is with a lucky 1 shot,other than that they are pretty easy to kill. and as a warr you can simply heal yourself and grant invulnerabilty, so if your dying in 2 shots as a warr u r doing something majorly wrong???? And yes Warriors have 2 offensive attacks typically also, But atleast their attack gives them a incredible buff. to increase their damage output?? i would say that makes up for the fact they only got 2 attacks wouldnt you??? And comparing mana regens with a warr to a sorc??? yes they both give off about the same mana regen, u fergot to account that a sorc's skills costs much more mana then a warrs or rogues though....
    Okay right now its like this. Rouges easily kill warriors, why? Warriots have no shield, (2secs only) no redection in damage, , very low damage output combined with their health packs make them hard to kill...sorceres can easily kill rouges. .why? The shield for mage, not only gives 2 sec invincibility, reduces incoming damage, absorbs damage so rouges crit isn't as impactful, and offensiveily can stun, have higher damage than warrior so easier to kill with long range weapons....warriors can easily kill mages, why? Most for me try to run away and kite, pulling them with axe throw pulls them close, atuns, gives time for shield to wear off.can't bring rouge cloae cause razor and dps will shread warrior. ..my dismal damage can kill a rouge cause there health skill sucks so bad....so what's this do? Each class sees the othwr class they have issues with and sees them as op.... rouges think its funny how easily warriors die now, mages think warriors are op and unbeatable...two sides to a tale...mages need better heal, rogues need worse heal, worse damage, but add two second invincibility...warriors need more damage ouput, not, dps..all those muscles hit like a girl

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

warriors need more damage ouput, not, dps..all those muscles hit like a girl
    This is hilarious. (No sarcasm! I really laughed out loud.)

But my warrior kills rogues ok, and my rogue kills warriors too. And sometimes when 2 vs 1 if no warrior involved. (Just hate war vs war...)
    But my mage never beat anyone in 1on1.
    Is it just my mage build is wrong? I seriously don't get how mages can actually kill without party's help.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

It bcs mage is support class in pvp. Not in pve too bcs heal make u die in 1 sek. Nice logic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

i have encountered mean mages that can eliminate my rogue without me getting a chance to respond. i also meet warriors that go down after two of my skills. mages generally die easy to a rogue but they should be able to down a warrior more often cause of superior damage reduction and ability to keep distance. i view warriors as a true support class since their offensive capabilities are limited while their heal and vb benefit the team more. only time a warrior is truly dangerous is if he has 2 more besides him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Thanks blak, glad a rouge finally said what warriors really are. . We have to heal group, watch mana, make sure we break at different times than other warriors, have to flag, hold the line, protect rogues and mages. ..I can never be by myself or im dead, sucks cause warrior has really lost its strength

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Thanks blak, glad a rouge finally said what warriors really are. . We have to heal group, watch mana, make sure we break at different times than other warriors, have to flag, hold the line, protect rogues and mages. ..I can never be by myself or im dead, sucks cause warrior has really lost its strength
    so now mages and warriors r all support class. to support rogue to kill. .

even with shield on mages r still weak.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

i respeced to support mage. shield up. fireball. stun. timeshift slow enemy down. this should be the time rogues aimed shot come in and warriors jump in. lol. and cos mostly ppk join randomly. they just dont know how to fight as a group. most time i end up dead alone up front. no flag. no kills. no satisfaction.