Overall well rounded Level-21 Sorcerer (for PVE and PVP)

Guess this won't matter once the new patch opens..but what the heck.

Skills-
Fire: 1, 2, 3
Lightening: 1 & 3
Ice: 1, 2, 4
Heal: 1, 2, 4
(Passive) Intelligence: ALL 5

Pet-
Colton: + 30-Intel, 10% Damage, 5 Mana Regen
(Arcane ability: +15% Crit to all allies for 6 secs)

Level 21 Equipped-
Captain’s Staff of Brutality: + 71.6-DPS, 13-Str, 26-Intel (unknown special ability*)
Clever Demonologist Cap of Stability: + 10-Str, 26-Intel, 2.02% Dodge, 161 Armor
Clever Demonologist Bones of Stability: + 13-Str, 26-Intel, 351 Armor
Ensorcelled Band of Brutality: + 13-Str, 26-Intel, 3.0 Damage
Superb Amulet of Brutality: + 13-Str, 26-Intel, 3.0 Damage

Stats-
Str: 66
Health: 1723
Dex: 6
Dodge: 3.32%
Crit: 1.15% (16.15% with Colton’s Arcane ability)
Intel: 315
Bonus Damage: 258%
Mana: 3300
Damage: 157.2
DPS: 202.1
Armor: 512

PVE and PVP attack combo:
Charged FireBall, Charged Ice, Charged Staff, Charged Lightening, (heal if needed). Repeat as often as possible (with or without charges).

1. The Charged Fireball, will knock down & stun targets (for a few secs).
2. The Charged Ice, will Freeze or slow down targets by 30% (for another 3 secs). (regular ice attack, will only freeze /slow a single target…Charge Ice for multiple targets).
3. Charged Staff, will hit all targets & cast unknown ability (looks like a rain cloud) on all the hit targets (for another 3 secs). I don’t know exactly what the rain cloud does, but it definitely reduces the chances of me getting hit back by the targets, and seems to increase the effectiveness of my attacks on them (some kind of confusion/blindness/weakening spell)…*Repeat this attack as often as possible* (the Charged attack will cast this unknown ability 99.9% of the time on all targets hit by the staff).
4. Finally (if your target is still alive), use a Charged Lightening to finish them off.

Charge Heal as often as necessary (For Life & Mana).

I have seen other Sorcerers using Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault (or Charward Rod of Assault). This is a good alternative weapon (& people may argue that the DPS is so much higher)…but the Chance to light targets on fire does minimal damage (even on its best days & pointless on PVP). Basically you would use this weapon as a simple quick/fast attack.

Alternative Weapon:
Clever Flamestrike Rod of Assault/Charward Rod of Assault: 99.6-DPS, 13-Dex, 26-Intel
(Chance to light targets on fire)

Alternative Stats-
Str: 52
Health: 1632
Dex: 19
Dodge: 3.97%
Crit: 1.48% (16.48% with colton’s Arcane ability)
Intel: 315
Bonus Damage: 258%
Mana: 3300
Damage: 156.7
DPS: 282.1
Armor: 512

Shield vs. Heal-
Personally I think all shield using mages are a waste. Heal is a far better skill to have for PVE and PVP. No matter how great your shield is…you can’t beat a group of 4 people on PVP & you can’t help your Party when hunting for loot either.

Even if you win a 1on1 or 2on1 PVP fight..when your shield wares off you are completely vulnerable (without having a heal near by) to any next attack…and being that you just survived the fight, chances are your health will already be low….better run to find health.

Were as Heal not only benefits yourself, practically doubling your Life (from 1723 to 3400 when used properly*), it also keeps your Party members alive as well, and replenishes all mana to your party members too. Some PVP players may say that mages shouldn’t be wasting time healing…But I don’t care how great of a PVP player you may think you are (Mages, Warriors, and Rogues)….No one can beat a group of 4 vs 1….if you can keep your group alive and together, your team (PVE or PVP) will be practically impossible to beat.

These are only based on my observations. Feel free to add any info/comments if you like.

Everyone will have their own preferences…don’t be afraid to experiment.

Oh & if anyone knows what the hell that “Rain Cloud” does, please let me know.

Good Luck out there…see you on the killing fields.