Ok, since Spacetime Studios posted the update about platinum being 40% off, I really wanted to get my hands on 800 platinum for 29.99. I finally said F' it and proceeded to pay for it. I was skeptical because I bought it on my Galaxy Tab rather than iPhone because I could just pay straight from my debit card and didnt have any iTunes money. Here is where the problem comes in, I paid and got the confirmation email but my account still says that i only have 2 platinum when I should have 802. I have had issues in the past with my account but never this serious. Because my previous issues were resolved, I am becoming less nervous because I do respect this company and have been a player since 2009. If it helps my toon names are: Swaggasaures, CountSwaggula, and MrSwaggtastic. Please get back to me as soon as possible. If you would like me to Email, I can send (TO SPACETIME ONLY SO OTHER PLAYERS DO NOT ASK) a copy of my confirmation email and bank record and account name! Please get back as soon as possible! Thank you!

-Swaggasaures