Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: There's Always Ping

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Default There's Always Ping

Reasons For High Ping

1. The server you are connected to has technical issues or is overloaded.

2. Your Internet Service Provider doesn't provide a strong enough line, signal, or has technical issues.

3. A hardware failure causes high ping (network card, network adapter, modem router...)

4. Installed software or infection on your computer causes high ping.

How Can I Actually Lower My Ping?

1. Contact the server administrator or post in support sections of internet game, internet telephony, or online applications websites if you think your high ping is caused from the server you are connected to or trying to connect to.

2. Contact your Internet Service Provider to control the quality of your line or signal if you are sure that the high ping is caused by your ISP.

3. Troubleshoot your hardware if you think a part of it causes high ping (network card, network adapter, modem router...)

4. If your computer (operating system settings, processes and protocols causes the high ping download a "ping reducer" to lower ping.)

A HIGH PING IN MANY CASES IS CAUSED AT THE USER END.

AL: Generalzod

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Commanderkeen For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Okay.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Lies

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

You all complain about high ping and I post a helpful thread and all you can say is "lies". Geez what happen to these forums.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

I say lies bout it be caused on my end. Theres 5-10 people on fprums and my whole guilds is.suffering from it. So i really dont thinks its us, the rest you posted would be.helpful if.it.was

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

After all games, after all months, Star Legends, Arcane Legends, Pocket Legends, my ping was 100 to 300 MAX. Now, it's more, and I always get disconnected. Not coming from me, since many many others experiences the same. Anyways, thanks for the feedback!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

The only time I've had any problems with high ping or lag is when I travel and try to use the cellular network. On my home wireless network, I never have issues.

I don't think the original post is "lies".

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

My ping is always in green and between 100-200 which is actually lower than I run on pl and I have serious lag and frame skips this is only game like that. My only guess for this is the amount of stuff going on at one time in wt4 or PvP, where my prob spots r, with the amount of commands being entered at one time between 5 players and 20 enemys all taking action at one time. I'm on a HTC tablet with android 3.0 which is tablet version of 4.0 I can't even play on my EVO 4G any more. I pray nothing happens to tablet or I wouldn't b able to play at all.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    I say lies bout it be caused on my end. Theres 5-10 people on fprums and my whole guilds is.suffering from it. So i really dont thinks its us, the rest you posted would be.helpful if.it.was
    In my opinion if STS was to blame or Amazon since they use their servers all of us would experience a problem not just a handful. 95% of lag is caused on the user end, sorry but it's true. Now Im not saying it's your fault. It could be a number of things. Hardware, connection, ect...

How about we all try some solutions before we start pointing fingers.
    Last edited by Commanderkeen; 02-18-2013 at 11:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    In my opinion if STS was to blame or Amazon since they use their servers all of us would experience a problem not just a handful. 95% of lag is caused on the user end, sorry but it's true. Now Im not saying it's your fault. It could be a number of things. Hardware, connection, ect...

How about we all try some solutions before we start pointing fingers.
    I'm not gonna get involved in regards to my opinion on it but i do have to point out the irony in you telling people not to point fingers when you are doing the exact same thing, just pointing to users instead of STs :P
    Last edited by Avelynia; 02-18-2013 at 01:02 PM. Reason: Fixed typo
    Avelynia - Rouge :: Avenore - Warrior :: Avellex - Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Or its them. Always them.
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abekrivy View Post
    Ping used to show latency. Has little to do with distance to the game server and more to do with quality of connection.
    *ding ding* We have a winner.

Ping is the round trip from a device to a server back to the device.

P.S. can't believe no one has commented on the Dead Space themed title
    Last edited by Commanderkeen; 02-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

LOL, surprised you got me quoted. Seems my post was deleted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thanks for your input but in case you haven't noticed it is affecting 95% of the people. I'm deeply thrilled you're in the 5% not affected. I can guarantee you it is not on my end or almost everyone else's end, people experience the lag in the same place, wt4 and pvp along with some elite maps lately. I have a fiber line running into my house and am a network engineer and deal with this stuff on a daily basis. Sts isn't responding and when they do are saying its on our end because they don't know what's causing it. So your post is not helpful when its on their end like now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    267 Posts

Its not like I'm defending STS, actually I'm a little disappointed with them at the moment. I'm just throwing suggestions on how to fix the issue. It may be them it may not. I've just never made a helpful thread where everyone was so hesitate to jump my throat and say wrong.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Commanderkeen View Post
    I've just never made a helpful thread where everyone was so hesitate to jump my throat and say wrong.
    Hey, I saw plenty of your threads that were good back in Star Legends section.

Keep it up. I like how you give feedback.

I do agree with the original post though. That was the case when my ping was high before, but now, it's non-stop.

Perhaps when the new expansion comes out, we'll all get a better ping. Or worse, depending on how many players will run towards Arcane Legends.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Madstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

I think that there is a problem with the servers, I do believe players cause a lot of prob with their connections for themselves. But really not until a about a couple AL updates ago did I start having problems. And I have not downloaded any new software or apps to my iPad or changed my router or provider......

20.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Paindisher View Post
    Thanks for your input but in case you haven't noticed it is affecting 95% of the people. I'm deeply thrilled you're in the 5% not affected. I can guarantee you it is not on my end or almost everyone else's end, people experience the lag in the same place, wt4 and pvp along with some elite maps lately. I have a fiber line running into my house and am a network engineer and deal with this stuff on a daily basis. Sts isn't responding and when they do are saying its on our end because they don't know what's causing it. So your post is not helpful when its on their end like now.
    Hey Paindisher,

Actually, connectivity issues are not affecting anywhere near 95% of the player base. Trust me, if it was, you would see a lot more complaining. We have thousands of people connecting and playing fine. I'm not saying that it isn't something we could be working on, but I am saying that it is not a widespread issue.

I'd like to reference the Forum Rules: http://www.spacetimestudios.com/misc.php?do=vsarules

1. Please Respect Others.
    The purpose of the forum is to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas. Occasionally, conflicts may arise when people voice opinions. Be courteous when disagreeing with others. Debating the opinion is appropriate, however criticism against the originator of the opinion is not allowed.
    Please keep the conversation respectful, thanks!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

The original poster wasn't saying that it's our faults, he was just saying ways to fix it for some of us that it is on our side.

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Lalarie For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sam,

The 95% was taken the wrong way which is my fault for not specifying, text can't express words true meaning. However, thus lag is affecting quite s big chunk of players which you guys have to realize based inn the number of threads started about it. Thanks for pointing me towards the rules i will keep them in mind if i ever disrespect someone which i didn't do in this thread. However it would be nice for sts to at least acknowledge the fact that there is an issue even if its to say you don't know at this time but are working on it. There is far too many people having thus issue for it to be all user issues.