Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sorcerer vs Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Default Sorcerer vs Warrior

I played for 5 hours today, and other than having trouble getting flags, I was owning everyone. That is everyone who was not a warrior. FYI, I'm a lvl21 sorcerer with top gear. My dmg is 150+. I've gotten the hang of using the pets well, and also the stun changes, and it seems most others have not. So I was getting 4-5 kills for every time I was killed, and at times I beat the other team when it was 2-on-1 or 3-on-1 -- provided that it was rogues and sorcerers.

So at one point it was just myself and a warrior from the other team in the flag room. I ran circles around him for about 30-40 seconds. I kept him stunned much of this time, and when he wasn't stunned, he was swinging and missing me. I kept grabbing the speed orb and the ran out of mana once and grabbed the mana packet to refill. I healed myself using my heal skill 3 times during this battle (cool down in heal is 15 seconds, so that's how I know how long the battle lasted). I unloaded on this warrior like never before. I cycled through all of my skills (charged fireball, lightning, frost, regular rifle attack) about 8-10 times and just was killing him. The problem is that he did not die. I don't know how close he was to death as I cannot see his health bar. But finally he got me stunned and went into his windmill and I was dead shortly after.

The question I have is, how long would it have taken for him to die if he had continued to miss me and I continued to unload on him? And what exactly did I do wrong in this battle? What can I change next time to win the battle? Perhaps a warrior with some experience with this can answer me. I'd like to hear how it seems from the warrior's perspective. Was I even causing him any damage, or was he healing as fast as I could inflict damage. If that is the case then I guess it would be impossible to kill him. I can't imagine STS would make the game like that. So maybe I was just doing something wrong.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The warrior tank class seems to have too many roles in PVP.
    Perhaps a few nerfs here and there and limit them to the tank class? >.<

Robhawk

Im also lvl21 mage with 156,2 dmg and the only hint i can give other mages: If you get to a 1on1 with a "good" warrior then its better to run and try to stun/run/shoot/stun/run/shoot..., although they normally will catch you up and then kill you with a single touch LOL! Even if you permanently charge your fire and stun the warrior he will catch you up because the mage is SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!

If you play against a really good warrior then stand still, wait this half second and spawn at home base...

Perhaps STS will do something regarding class-balance, perhaps not...

To the mages that will not confirm my words: Gratz, you only met jackass-warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

revert the stun change

no class is buffed nor nerfed but those skilled at the art of stunning will have no trouble with pesky warriors

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

See its just a matter of draining his health and constantly stunning him and keepin ur distance while hes stunned, because warriors with vengeance will NEVER EVER run out of mana, so its just a matter of when his skills load is where his life depends on, so u just gott hit hard, stun like crazy and keep ur distance and make him
    mess up his moves.. in other words.. a windmill almost usually comes right after a smash, so if he smash u once n u he didnt stun u, get out there asap, stun, keep ur distance n keep damaging..

im a warrior and i hate mages the most, because they slow u down with their stuns, not being able to move for 1s or more is a big factor
    and you probably got his health down

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble:973336
    See its just a matter of draining his health and constantly stunning him and keepin ur distance while hes stunned, because warriors with vengeance will NEVER EVER run out of mana, so its just a matter of when his skills load is where his life depends on, so u just gott hit hard, stun like crazy and keep ur distance and make him
    mess up his moves.. in other words.. a windmill almost usually comes right after a smash, so if he smash u once n u he didnt stun u, get out there asap, stun, keep ur distance n keep damaging..

im a warrior and i hate mages the most, because they slow u down with their stuns, not being able to move for 1s or more is a big factor
    and you probably got his health down
    this is prolly from previews update? coz right now mages die alot.
    the skyward(stun or not) + windmill there is a low chance a mage can survive.

kite a warrior? how? make a stun? atm their is no chance a mage can kite a warrior. after they grow stun immunity mages, low armor and health.

well meh, i hope the next level cap mages can fight back. im still playing my mage even if i die alot. with this everything seems to be not in favor for mage class but that makes US(mages) do and work more harder. im still having fun challenging those 1hitter rogues.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts

u cant kite atm. rogues r still lunch meat. warriors a totally diff story
    "To achieve things that others cant you must do things that others wont"
    When in doubt, ask yourself, "What would Judgement do!!"

Robhawk

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    revert the stun change

no class is buffed nor nerfed but those skilled at the art of stunning will have no trouble with pesky warriors
    You need to stun the warrior around 10 times to have a serious chance to kill him... and what if you miss ONE stun and the warrior stuns you? He needs less than half a second to crush the little mage.
    So the mage needs a totaly perfect play EVERYTIME to have a chance to survive while a warrior has best chances to get the kill with a "normal" play. To me, that doesnt sound fair.

edit: A first step in the right direction would be to take the warrior stun away!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Mages I feel you but I get the feeling there's some exaggerations here and there. I mean you guys don't exactly do 20 damage per spells but more around 400 no?

I have 3000 hp so I don't understand the guys that say they nuke all day and the warrior doesnt go down. Yes, heal is there but its 300 at most every 1.5 sec. I've been killed by mages plenty of times.
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post
    Mages I feel you but I get the feeling there's some exaggerations here and there. I mean you guys don't exactly do 20 damage per spells but more around 400 no?

I have 3000 hp so I don't understand the guys that say they nuke all day and the warrior doesnt go down. Yes, heal is there but its 300 at most every 1.5 sec. I've been killed by mages plenty of times.
    If a warrior just stood there and you could spam normal attacks at him, yes you could kill him faster. But a warrior kills you with a skyward+windmill combo! So literally you can't get hit! To do that a mage will need to charge normal attack and charge freeze and charge fireball from time to time. This takes time! Hence even though you do 300-400 dmg, you can't just spam that dmg. Instead it is a slow process, while warrior's heal skills fill its hp all too quickly....

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I guess the warrior is a pure tank build. It happened to me before. I have the same skill build as Energzeric. It suppose does more dmg than the mages with shield. even though i just still cant kill the guy. i used my whole mana and dead. Warriors mana last longer than me. i dont know what to say.

all mages spells need to.b charged to get side effect. it takes time. and its the time mages dont have. They get killed far to easy. i used shield before. and evrything is about timing to fight rogue. but for warrior its useless. so i respec to frost to increase dmg. but still. i can kill some normal warriors. but as the ones i know good. not a chance. not even close.

The most thing i worry about is after the new update. the mages new weapon maybe dont have stun any more. only the knockback. then the only stun we can get from fireball. and its two short.
    Frost gives slow down . but it doesnt slow down skyward smash and windmill. in the 7.5 sec stun inmunity time. its a hard task to survive.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Balancing classes based off of 1v1 battles would be a mistake on STS's part.

Put a mage in the rear of an engagement and see how devastating he is to the opposing team.

Personally, I make it a habit to go straight for the mage to keep his stun, aoe and incredibly high DPS out of the fight. Otherwise, there's a good chance we'll lose that battle.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heiki View Post

I think they are healing themselves quite a bit during the battle. It almost seems as if they heal as fast as I can damage them. And I do NOT have shield, so I am more of a damage build. Those guys using shield really do have no chance.

Also, for those who keep telling me to get the shield, you should know that I almost always win 1-on-1 against mages who have shield. It's not even a tough fight and I usually have 50%+ of my health left. It's because they cause very little damage. All shield does is allow you to run away and escape. Maybe you survive longer, but you end up with fewer kills.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

I have 168.9 damage on my sorc with colton and the only way i beat warriors 1on1 is when i use colton buff and pray for crits. I crit 1000 to 1400dmg dpending on the enemy def. So basically itsmoreon chnces of crit to win against warriors. Imo its not the sorcs job to kill warriors 1v1.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Irons<Xerred Demm> View Post
    Balancing classes based off of 1v1 battles would be a mistake on STS's part.

Put a mage in the rear of an engagement and see how devastating he is to the opposing team.

Personally, I make it a habit to go straight for the mage to keep his stun, aoe and incredibly high DPS out of the fight. Otherwise, there's a good chance we'll lose that battle.
    So mages lose 1v1
    And mages die first in team battles, cos they are the top target for the opposing team

Makes sense

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    So mages lose 1v1
    And mages die first in team battles, cos they are the top target for the opposing team

Makes sense
    Personal strategy and team play can compensate the innate short comings of any class. This will become clear when the guild tourneys start.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

and people were saying warriors aint op on my "warriors the new op?" thread smh heiki

PL: Fear

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    So mages lose 1v1

Makes sense
    I guess sorcs just have to hope warriors are there buffing/healing them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Ehem...Just to let sorcerers know few things if you never play warrior.Never ever you try to go 1 on 1 with a good warrior.Warrior is perfect killing-machine.There is no way you can win.Healing skill can reach 300+ DoT.AoE attack skill with stun,pull and snare chance.Mana refiller skill with insane buff.High armor,high health and high damage.Stunlock not really working.I have play all class and have seen that warrior is easiest to play and on another hand,sorcerer is the hardest.Probably thats the reason why people keep saying " Omg,nerf warrior"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    this is prolly from previews update? coz right now mages die alot.
    the skyward(stun or not) + windmill there is a low chance a mage can survive.

kite a warrior? how? make a stun? atm their is no chance a mage can kite a warrior. after they grow stun immunity mages, low armor and health.

well meh, i hope the next level cap mages can fight back. im still playing my mage even if i die alot. with this everything seems to be not in favor for mage class but that makes US(mages) do and work more harder. im still having fun challenging those 1hitter rogues.

rogues are just nuts.. but tbh i hate mages so much just cuz they stun u.. and if theyre with rogues yaaaaa dead. but yeah idk i hate the stuns whats why i hate mages,

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours