Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Kraken Isles Sneak Peek - Mythic and Arcane Rarity Items

Lady_Pebbles

I completely agree with this.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bastok:976929
    STS, I don't think it's fair to your loyal following that you're doing this with Arcane items. You guys have been hyping this ultra rare (which is awesome) gear for over a month and now that it's being released, it's not even complete. You offer a helm (which looks a lot like Demonlord) but no armor to complete the set? Why? That is just a bad move on your part, I think. Why promote this stuff and then only offer half of the package? Why can't you just release the whole set at once like every other game on the market? I fail to see how you think this is a good idea. And to make it worse, you release a weapon too. A single weapon that leaves 2/3 of the classes in the game with nothing. Why couldn't you release a weapon for all three classes? What is the point of holding this back, making us wait, and making us angry after all this hype for Arcane items?

It's a pointless move STS. There is no justifiable reason to do this to the players. If you're going to release something, give us the complete package or nothing at all. You can't be stringing us along like this and leave us hoping that sometime in the next 6 months we might get some gear for our class released.

STS, you guys have been around for a while now and I think your fans that have been with you from the beginning expect better from you.

+over9k

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

So these items will be available in the existing locked grand crates right?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastok View Post
    STS, I don't think it's fair to your loyal following that you're doing this with Arcane items. You guys have been hyping this ultra rare (which is awesome) gear for over a month and now that it's being released, it's not even complete. You offer a helm (which looks a lot like Demonlord) but no armor to complete the set? Why? That is just a bad move on your part, I think. Why promote this stuff and then only offer half of the package? Why can't you just release the whole set at once like every other game on the market? I fail to see how you think this is a good idea. And to make it worse, you release a weapon too. A single weapon that leaves 2/3 of the classes in the game with nothing. Why couldn't you release a weapon for all three classes? What is the point of holding this back, making us wait, and making us angry after all this hype for Arcane items?

It's a pointless move STS. There is no justifiable reason to do this to the players. If you're going to release something, give us the complete package or nothing at all. You can't be stringing us along like this and leave us hoping that sometime in the next 6 months we might get some gear for our class released.

STS, you guys have been around for a while now and I think your fans that have been with you from the beginning expect better from you.
    And then if they did what you suggest and released both armor and helms, and weapons for all classes, then you would complain that they are too rare and would want them to be more common, and in the end it sounds like you really don't want mythic or arcane items at all and just want the rarest items to be like the pinks currently are.

The whole point of this was to make extremely rare items -- items that are so rare that maybe 1% of the players will ever get one, and getting more than one would be extremely unlikely for even the best players. So if there is a full set with armor, helms and weapons, then what is the point of that as nobody will ever put together a whole set anyway. So why would it even matter?

The only point of having arcane and mythic items is that they be super rare, otherwise they should just be pinks. And if they are common enough that a single player can put together a full set with weapon, armor and helm, then they are far too common to be arcane or mythic.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 02-20-2013 at 08:21 PM.

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Energizeric For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    They will not be discontinued, they're here to stay.

Also, I do believe that if you get an Arcane or Mythic item, it will unlock the achievement, even if you can't equip it. I will have to confirm when I get back in to the office tomorrow.

plz dont put achivments on helm on weapon , if someone got it we can just borow it to have the achivments so ders no point , unless u make it untradable ,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Please don't put words into my mouth. I never once said that I wanted these items to be more common. I embrace super rare equipment because it's just that much more awesome when you finally get it. In case you didn't notice, when I mentioned ultra rare in my post I put "(which is awesome)" afterwards. That's my way of saying it's about time they got some high end uber rare gear in this game that only a handful of people will have.

My complaint was not about how rare they are, it's that there's hardly even anything there. I was looking forward to spending my nights hunting for that rare gear (which I might very well never get) ever since they announced Mythic and Arcane rareness. But now it turns out they got me all hyped up and excited for nothing. There's a helmet and a weapon I can't even use, that's it, nothing else. And I am disappointed! Pretty much they got me all excited for stuff that's "coming soon!" but now it's almost here and I find that I have to wait 2-6 months before I can even begin to hunt for Mythic and Arcane items I can equip.

That's my complaint. They can be so rare nobody ever gets one, I don't care, I just want it to be there. You don't go around talking about awesome new rarities and then only release a helmet and a rogue weapon. Give us awesome new gear to hunt now! Not get us pumped for this stuff and say the rest is coming in the next 2 expansions.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bastok For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    I don't mind hammerjaw because it is not class specific. But making such elite item only for one class is unbalanced. And at least 2 expansions from now (4-5 months) that unbalance will prevail.

Anyway I made my point, no point going on about it, whether sts will agree with me or go their ways is up to them
    I think part of the reason that it's being only released for rogue is due to the nerf on daggers not too long ago. Prior to the nerf rogues would be able to take out a warrior 1v1 with ease, assuming same level and maxed gear. Post nerf, warriors rule the pvp kingpin. I presume that the sudden nerf has something to do with this arcane swords release to allow for balancing despite the higher dps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lol no warrior beats me in 1v1 so idk what ur talking bout

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bastok View Post
    Please don't put words into my mouth. I never once said that I wanted these items to be more common. I embrace super rare equipment because it's just that much more awesome when you finally get it. In case you didn't notice, when I mentioned ultra rare in my post I put "(which is awesome)" afterwards. That's my way of saying it's about time they got some high end uber rare gear in this game that only a handful of people will have.

My complaint was not about how rare they are, it's that there's hardly even anything there. I was looking forward to spending my nights hunting for that rare gear (which I might very well never get) ever since they announced Mythic and Arcane rareness. But now it turns out they got me all hyped up and excited for nothing. There's a helmet and a weapon I can't even use, that's it, nothing else. And I am disappointed! Pretty much they got me all excited for stuff that's "coming soon!" but now it's almost here and I find that I have to wait 2-6 months before I can even begin to hunt for Mythic and Arcane items I can equip.

That's my complaint. They can be so rare nobody ever gets one, I don't care, I just want it to be there. You don't go around talking about awesome new rarities and then only release a helmet and a rogue weapon. Give us awesome new gear to hunt now! Not get us pumped for this stuff and say the rest is coming in the next 2 expansions.
    I apologize for assuming you were in that camp as I described above. But as I'm sure you realize, many of those complaining think exactly what I posted. I think the main reason STS did it this way is to avoid such complains. If there are only a couple of items available, then maybe not many folks will rage when they don't get one after a few days. Notice that all the complaining about Hammerjaw seems to have gone away since he is so rare that most have never even seen someone with him. I think they are figuring the same thing for these other items.

Just something to think about though.... How much do you think that arcane rogue weapon is going to go for in the open market? I don't know about you, but I'll be farming for it for sure, even though I'm a sorcerer. Getting one of those will give you enough money to buy whatever else you need. Maybe you can sell it and save the money for the next campaign when they will have an arcane item that you can get. Then you will be able to buy it.

I think having only a rogue weapon for now, and then one at a time in each campaign, actually makes it interesting because it pretty much assures us that they will be available to buy for gold. With hammerjaw, you never see them for sale, because anyone lucky enough to get one just keeps it. But with this rogue weapon, many players do not have a rogue, so they will sell it when they get it.

Also lastly, I'd love to get it just for the achievement. Right now 250 achievement points is the difference between me being the #23 sorcerer and the #3 sorcerer on the "Top Players" leaderboard. Plus that arcane banner looks awseome.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

You could also be tempted to make a rogue and enjoy pwning faces with an arcane weap
    Rekoom 25 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I agree with Ene!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

kote!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I want the arcane weapon so bad! It looks so cool! ^_^

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Notice that all the complaining about Hammerjaw seems to have gone away since he is so rare that most have never even seen someone with him. I think they are figuring the same thing for these other items.
    Its now that people now fully understand what the meaning of Arcane rarity really is (that goes out to the people who spent quite a bit on hammer and got nothing). So people next time wont make the same mistake twice on burning money on locked/random plat items in any game.

As for the discussion on other things...Im glad there will be "Impossible-like" items to be obtained...I believe each game should have that, gives the feeling of a challenge. But I do agree with Bastok, where the rest of the goods?!?! im a mage..I wanna farm good things too....In a sense, I can see this become an issue if the rouges that get there hands on the weapon and also do PvP...But I see it as a PvE stand point, cuz i wuv PvE (more then likely, new stuff it will drop in elite maps).
    Last edited by octavos; 02-21-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Hopefully we can start farming for it today

17.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #75
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

EDIT: The Mythic Rarity Helms are having their appearance updated to new, unique looks. Look for them to be changed in a coming patch.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Samhayne For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Cool sam!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Question, if I get the Arcane weapon. Do the Arcane Achievement unlock?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle View Post
    Question, if I get the Arcane weapon. Do the Arcane Achievement unlock?
    Well a friend of mine got the banner/achievement as soon as he opened the Hammerjaw Egg, so I guess it's safe to say so
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    Well a friend of mine got the banner/achievement as soon as he opened the Hammerjaw Egg, so I guess it's safe to say so
    I'm warrior, not sure if it'll work then. Thanks though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    EDIT: The Mythic Rarity Helms are having their appearance updated to new, unique looks. Look for them to be changed in a coming patch.
    Thank you so much!