Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Mystery of the Lag solved maybe...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

This is a cross post from another thread on the lag issue.

I am going to add to this and say that I have definitely experienced the lag spikes quite a bit as well.

One thing that I saw mentioned in the other thread, but not receive much attention, is that I think physical location has a lot to do with it. Since the servers are on the East Coast, my guess is people who are close/closer tend to not have issues and all these pretty severe lag issues are really hitting West Coasters or potentially international players who are much further away.

I personally am on the West Coast (Los Angeles) and I have seen a few of the other people complaining of lag issues say that they were from the West Coast as well.

STS is saying, since they are not hearing an "overwhelming" number of complaints, it must be an issue on our side. My counter would be, if the issue is based on physical location, then even though the problem is quite severe for those experiencing the lag issues, we will never hear an overwhelming number of complaints because there are plenty of people who live on the East Coast, near the servers that do not have any problems with lag.

That however does NOT mean there is not an issue. It just means the issue is localized and only a distinct population of the players will complain, and THOSE individual will complain loudly, while people in unaffected areas will say, everything seems great! It follows that this is NOT an issue that STS should be allowed to dismiss as, "Not enough people are seeing the problem for it to be an issue for us to deal with."

I don't know about you guys, but I didn't even realize it was a lag issue until I saw others complaining of it on the forums. Basically when playing on chrome, my character would just kinda freeze up for a few seconds and then everything would snap in later. I thought maybe my computer was being slow or I just had chrome freeze up or something, but I am using cable internet with plenty of bandwidth and I have a powerful gaming computer which should have no problem running AL or any of these games, since I run many games that require significantly more processing and graphics capabilities.

STS - please help us with this lag issue!
    Last edited by Theorems; 05-21-2013 at 07:50 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Omg even some1 in states is complaining...let's alone those playing outside of US...and coz coz we have 19 other big country players

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I can't PVP atm, ping is constantly 1-2s -.-
    So all I do is lvl an alt till its fixed?

And it's not my ISP, I tried 3 different ISP (with iPad and Galaxy Tab) with the same result...
    (PL works fine -.-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Is AL hosted on amazon aws? This would explain the frequency of high latency/dropped packets when tracerts are hitting amazon ip blocks. If I were a betting man, I'd throw plat down that AL is on aws and that this is a traffic issue within amazon's infrastructure...

5.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #45
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    717 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ulaar View Post
    Is AL hosted on amazon aws? This would explain the frequency of high latency/dropped packets when tracerts are hitting amazon ip blocks. If I were a betting man, I'd throw plat down that AL is on aws and that this is a traffic issue within amazon's infrastructure...
    All 4 Legends games are hosted on Amazon EC2/AWS in the US East (N. Virginia) region. We (like all other businesses that are hosted on Amazon EC2/AWS) rely on Amazon to manage network traffic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

STS bought the platinum support package that includes Jeff Bezos phone number, right? seriously though, that the issue is on amazon's end seems plausible - would creating a thread with screenshots of tracerts provide any ammo to enable sts to ask amazon to look at the issue? I'm making pretty big assumptions here with only anecdotal data but...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts

I live in the Eastern US pretty close to Virginia, and I have the lag problem, so I don't know that location is the main factor.
    PL: Seucheky
    SL: McBain
    DL: ArethaFanglin
    AL: McBain, Seucheky

Somewhere in Asia, on an island over the rainbow...double rainbows...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Anyone living in Texas having the lag problem? LOL. I assumed no.
    PL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) SL: Surfy Com, Meowy Ops, Gravelyn Engi, Warstorm Com DL: Surfy (Deleted the game already) AL: Surfie Sorcerer, Orpisai Warrior, Chiobuu Rogue