Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: WIN 50k - Vanity Drawing Contest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Thanks everyone!

Vystirch have you ever look into Gimp? It is a free program that was designed for all the starving digital artists out there...basically it is a good free alternative to Photoshop. I took a look at it, while the tools are slightly different it has very similar capabilities...such as cropping (with masking not lasso unfortunately but it works). I was able to get photoshop because on a student discount...still cost a bit but worth it for me (since I am an art student)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Kokonani View Post
    Thanks everyone!

Vystirch have you ever look into Gimp? It is a free program that was designed for all the starving digital artists out there...basically it is a good free alternative to Photoshop. I took a look at it, while the tools are slightly different it has very similar capabilities...such as cropping (with masking not lasso unfortunately but it works). I was able to get photoshop because on a student discount...still cost a bit but worth it for me (since I am an art student)
    I plan on going into graphic arts, so I should get photoshop eventually.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

Here's mine. Sorry, I got lazy on doing the mage toon and honestly, I hate its looks. Sorry.
    Last edited by abrai; 03-01-2013 at 11:18 AM.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to abrai For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by abrai View Post
    Here's mine. Sorry, I got lazy on doing the mage toon and honestly, I hate its looks. Sorry.
    koooooool!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

here is my 2nd entry. I got carried away doing it...it is so zen Anyway...I guess you can call this the Ninja & Samurai set. I started this entire idea focused on the rogue (the only character I play). I wanted something girly as per Rahrahree's request but still maintain the rogue's image of quick and deadliness...so no brainer...a ninja! Hope you like.

Attachment 25290
    wow are u serious!?!!?! lol good job buddy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

@ Abrai
    Nice entry! I know what you mean about the sorcerer! Its very hard trying to make a walking blueberry look cool :-)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

what programs u guys use for making it soo kool like this??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts

@ Abrai
    Nice entry! I know what you mean about the sorcerer! Its very hard trying to make a walking blueberry look cool :-)
    Thank you. I got inspired by your works too. I was just really lazy. I made those coz I was bored that time. And a few minutes, I got lazy.. ran out of ideas tbh.

@snoopy photoshop thanks.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I just thought of a cool armour for the sorcerer....a sorcerer size hamster ball! 50% damage reduction bonus!

Hey Snoop, Photoshop here too.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Snoooooopy View Post
    what programs u guys use for making it soo kool like this??
    Sketchbook Pro for iPad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

I just now have the time to update and play ...once I checked out the new rogue vanity i realized I'm psychic! The thought of ninja was in the air

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

I had to join,...Up my ally Ill have color variations in a few

Warmachine

Name:  test2.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  70.6 KB

IRONMAN

Name:  test3.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  82.5 KB

IRON Patriot

Name:  Iron-Patriot.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  81.2 KB
    Last edited by octavos; 03-01-2013 at 05:59 PM. Reason: edit..Warmachine / Ironman
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to octavos For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I had to join,...Up my ally

Ill have color variations in a few
    Ooooo ahhhh, loving these.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

So i wanna do this for fun. But heres my dillemea you guys speak of using photoshop i have photoshop elements. Could that work too? I noticed it doesnt have the same tools as photoshop cs6 but im a little curious on what you guys suggest.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    So i wanna do this for fun. But heres my dillemea you guys speak of using photoshop i have photoshop elements. Could that work too? I noticed it doesnt have the same tools as photoshop cs6 but im a little curious on what you guys suggest.
    I've never used Photoshop Elements just because I got my hands on Photoshop C6 first. I did take a look at the tools in Photoshop elements and from what I've seen, it has all the tools you need.

The basic and most importants tools you need to know are:

Layers - allows you to work on different parts of the project without ruining the whole; allows you to stack/partial hide layers (good for making plate armor). Theres more that layers can do...such as using it to darken, lighten, give subtle pattern to the layers underneath etc. I sometimes even use it as a template to delete other part of other layers. Oh last but not the least, duplicating a layer can save you some time. For example, most of my entries above, I only did one side of the armor and just duplicated that side, flip it horizontally, and edit/retouch up on the other side.

Selection tool of your choice (Lasso tools, mask, or pen tool) - according to an article I read on some professional graphic art magazine, they said that "if you are not using the pen tool to select than you are doing it wrong!". I say just do what ever you feel comfortable with. If it's a professional commercial piece then sure go with the pen (cause pens grab all the gradient pixels).

Brush tools- there are different types of brushes you can download and create really cool pre-drawn patterns for you...such as scary trees, clouds, etc. Very fun. I use the soft brush a lot to shade or lighten although you can use the burn and dodge tools for those as well...I tend to use both.

Really there is no one way to do things in Photoshop or Photoshop type programs. By the way, use these tools in combination of each other not in isolation of each other...for example, use selection and the brush tool to paint/shade or highlight a selected area. Also, like my teachers have always said, these new computer programs are real cool but you still need to know basic drawing, understanding shapes and colors for your work to work.
    Last edited by Kokonani; 03-01-2013 at 03:08 PM.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

I've never used Photoshop Elements just because I got my hands on Photoshop C6 first. I did take a look at the tools in Photoshop elements and from what I've seen, it has all the tools you need.

The basic and most importants tools you need to know are:

Layers - allows you to work on different parts of the project without ruining the whole; allows you to stack/partial hide layers (good for making plate armor). Theres more that layers can do...such as using it to darken, lighten, give subtle pattern to the layers underneath etc. I sometimes even use it as a template to delete other part of other layers. Oh last but not the least, duplicating a layer can save you some time. For example, most of my entries above, I only did one side of the armor and just duplicated that side, flip it horizontally, and edit/retouch up on the other side.

Selection tool of your choice (Lasso tools, mask, or pen tool) - according to an article I read on some professional graphic art magazine, they said that "if you are not using the pen tool to select than you are doing it wrong!". I say just do what ever you feel comfortable with. If it's a professional commercial piece then sure go with the pen (cause pens grab all the gradient pixels).

Brush tools- there are different types of brushes you can download and create really cool pre-drawn patterns for you...such as scary trees, clouds, etc. Very fun. I use the soft brush a lot to shade or lighten although you can use the burn and dodge tools for those as well...I tend to use both.

Really there is no one way to do things in Photoshop or Photoshop type programs. By the way, use these tools in combination of each other not in isolation of each other...for example, use selection and the brush tool to paint/shade or highlight a selected area. Also, like my teachers have always said, these new computer programs are real cool but you still need to know basic drawing, understanding shapes and colors for your work to work.
    Cool thanks! Because i got it free with a bamboo tablet well my dad bought the tablet but um... I sorta jacked it :P

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

OMG guys, HOW IN THE WORLD ARE YOU GONNA PICK A WINNER . LOL there should be 7 winners or more i say

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

oh it's Marceline

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by octavos View Post
    I had to join,...Up my ally Ill have color variations in a few

Warmachine

Name:  test2.jpg
Views: 539
Size:  70.6 KB

IRONMAN

Name:  test3.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  82.5 KB

IRON Patriot

Name:  Iron-Patriot.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  81.2 KB
    Devs! I want these!!

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Prepare yarr selves to beee doomed by the faaaarrrttt gun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Wow, how are you gonna chose?.... You might need to award like 5 prizes.