Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: PvE PuGs -_- #woossaa

Lady_Pebbles

Lets get this straight... This is NOT a hate topic. It is a discussion.

Back on topic though.... I hope that as more people get the hang of things, there will be less issues in PUGs. However, considering the fact that on elite Tower PUGs were also having the same issues... Then I believe it won't really change. If players would just listen, or find a way to work together better.. Then perhaps it would work out.

Ugh... Then again maybe StS should just allow us to host maps already! Then these problems could be avoided better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Pick up group, or randoms, call it whatever you want :P
    Oh, thanks. I learned something new!
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Also PuG tend to quit even on normal map in middle of game. If you quit, then what is the point of joining the game in first place?
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

That's why all I do is solo, my 15m cash pile says I'm doing fine without any people holding me back. I started soloing cause I'm a rouge and I can outtank 99% of warriors out there if I'm ganna waste a ton of pots its ganna be to my benefit.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

^ agreed. Good team>solo>pugs usually. Which is why I do solo farming too, since elite arcanum grounds.
    Sometimes, if you can't find a good group, soloing is recommended for rogues who can afford pots, you just need to practice the map a few times.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

The worst has to be wt4. I can't tell you the number of times people just go running off and attracting more mobs. Or someone does something dumb and instead of facing a manageable size, you are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers. Then they give up and quit after they die. Also what is irritating is when you are killing yourself trying to take down some boss. And some one runs away and resets the boss more then once. I am thinking of joining a guild cause most PuGs are getting frustrating in hopes to play with some quality people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

#nerfwarrior2013
    #nerfwarrior2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

My twink warrior has a build to PvP and PvE in. Its not impossible.. X.x

A twink is not an end game character. That adds nothing to the discussion about elite farming. When I level up against scrubs on regular maps, then a PvP build is actually what you want. It works great against enemies. In end game farming, the two builds, the tank warrior nd the PvP DPS warrior are by far completely different. I mean almost entirely.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by maillard View Post
    The worst has to be wt4. I can't tell you the number of times people just go running off and attracting more mobs. Or someone does something dumb and instead of facing a manageable size, you are overwhelmed by the sheer numbers. Then they give up and quit after they die. Also what is irritating is when you are killing yourself trying to take down some boss. And some one runs away and resets the boss more then once. I am thinking of joining a guild cause most PuGs are getting frustrating in hopes to play with some quality people.
    I loled at this... in wt4 you are mesnt to pull massive mobs to finish quickly. Any time i go there I'll pull all there is to help us finish faster. However if the tank cant handle it and die, then I'll quit without even feeling bad about it

Back on topic, being a sorc I am so jealous of rogues being able to take down bosses quickly on solo... whenever i solo im really happy until hitting the boss... so just stick to guild parties

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicazx View Post
    #imatroll2013
    What?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    I loled at this... in wt4 you are mesnt to pull massive mobs to finish quickly. Any time i go there I'll pull all there is to help us finish faster. However if the tank cant handle it and die, then I'll quit without even feeling bad about it

Back on topic, being a sorc I am so jealous of rogues being able to take down bosses quickly on solo... whenever i solo im really happy until hitting the boss... so just stick to guild parties
    I can't stand players like you. You're the kind that everyone is talking about in this thread. Just do whatever you want and once you get everyone killed you quit.

Hope I never run into you in game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

You are the worst type of player. I hate dps classes that pull in the first place. But you're even worse. You kill your party and bail. What's your ign so I can put you on ignore lol. Hope I never run into you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ruejade View Post
    ^ agreed. Good team>solo>pugs usually. Which is why I do solo farming too, since elite arcanum grounds.
    Sometimes, if you can't find a good group, soloing is recommended for rogues who can afford pots, you just need to practice the map a few times.
    This. Its better sometimes solo as in pt with warrior whos all full of himself and tell u what to do and bows r not good and why run there and i end it in this time and i soloed it... meh more fun alone with bow

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Its easy to rush in, then run away and hide behind someone else while they take all of the damage. Then blame them if it doesn't work. And players like you are the reason why I run solo most of the time.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Liquid Ice:988006

My twink warrior has a build to PvP and PvE in. Its not impossible.. X.x

A twink is not an end game character. That adds nothing to the discussion about elite farming. When I level up against scrubs on regular maps, then a PvP build is actually what you want. It works great against enemies. In end game farming, the two builds, the tank warrior nd the PvP DPS warrior are by far completely different. I mean almost entirely.

if my twink can use that build for both PvP and PvE then it can also do it at cap so yes it adds to the discussion.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

if my twink can use that build for both PvP and PvE then it can also do it at cap so yes it adds to the discussion.

My only question is, why are you running pve with your twink?

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo:989270

My only question is, why are you running pve with your twink?

Its fun! Besides, I can farm some dungeons for gold a lil or even drops to merch with.

Still PuGs at twink lvl aren't that bad to me (oddly enough). Im not sure if its worse at twink lvl or at cap for everyone else. Is it??? *curious* lol

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Fair enough. I'd guess pugs are better at lower level because the content is easier. The only pugs I come across that are terrible are elite runs. Because players actually have to play well or get destroyed.

Lady_Pebbles

Yeah, thats how I think of it as well. Problem is, this game seems to be headed ibto the PL direction of needing Plat to compete or even finish certain levels with elixirs. Right now, non-plat elixirs don't even last for half -of- HALF an elite maps. Its really money consuming. Especially when all the real free TrialPlay and W3i promotions are done & the purchase ones are all thats left. So frustrating... I mean if I didn't want to pay through the app, wth makes you think I'd want tobpay a 3rd party?! Lol nurr.

Oh and speaking of the elixirs in PUGs... Its annoying when players with elixirs pull other mobs in elite maps. Just because you got a freaken combo pack or elixirs with more dmg and dmg reduction, doesn't mean the rest of us can handle them all at once!!! Geeze.

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 03-02-2013 at 05:55 PM.