Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: PvE PuGs -_- #woossaa

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    You expect warriors to tank, warriors expect mages to heal both health and mana. Warriors take ALOT of damage with elite update they aren't invincible and need healing to survive.

Not everything is for 'myself', this is a co op game. Mana and health heal is for the team, warriors put valuable points into taunt skills for the team.

Tank warrior, DPS rogue, heal HEALTH and MANA mage
    You expect warriors to tank but you don't heal, double standards.
    That's what make other warriors tank only with rogues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Errr...no. STS has stated that it is not any single classes job to heal (for AL anyway). Thus, every class has heals. A warrior's heal is actually better than a sorc's heal.

Warriors tank.
    Rogues do DPS.
    Sorcs have CC.

As a Sorc, I am constantly fireballing/frostbolting/gale forcing/dropping grandfather clocks on mobs. I am doing damage and preventing mobs from doing damage to the tank, and I am not shy about downing pots to keep up the damage and cc.

And if you point to my post above about warrior's not healing me, that's because they are NOT TANKING and trying to do DPS, and a warrior's DPS is crap compared to rogue or sorc. Instead of standing around watching me tank (do his job) and down pots while he slowly whittles away, he could at least throw me a HoR.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bluotaku View Post
    Errr...no. STS has stated that it is not any single classes job to heal (for AL anyway). Thus, every class has heals. A warrior's heal is actually better than a sorc's heal.

Warriors tank.
    Rogues do DPS.
    Sorcs have CC.

As a Sorc, I am constantly fireballing/frostbolting/gale forcing/dropping grandfather clocks on mobs. I am doing damage and preventing mobs from doing damage to the tank, and I am not shy about downing pots to keep up the damage and cc.

And if you point to my post above about warrior's not healing me, that's because they are NOT TANKING and trying to do DPS, and a warrior's DPS is crap compared to rogue or sorc. Instead of standing around watching me tank (do his job) and down pots while he slowly whittles away, he could at least throw me a HoR.
    How is a warrior suppose to compete with the combined DPS of mages and rouges in terms of threat? The taunt skills warriors have are average at best. Have you tried tanking? Its not possible to keep mobs on you when socs or rouges are spamming non stop.

Part of socs and rogues role is NOT GETTING AGGRO, they run into fight first attack out aggro anything a warrior can do and wonder why warrior is not tanking.

Warriors need to go first, give them at least four seconds to be able to tank and get aggro. Then attack and use skills without spamming or getting aggro. When you get it you need to stop attacking so warriors can get aggro.

Warriors lvl 25 all have DPS builds to level up, go for a lvl 26 for better warriors with decent elite builds.

Last edited by X29798; 02-26-2013 at 03:16 AM.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by X29798:984009
    You expect warriors to tank, warriors expect mages to heal both health and mana. Warriors take ALOT of damage with elite update they aren't invincible and need healing to survive.

Mages that don't heal should tank and experience it from a warriors perspective.

In AL Mages aren't meant to heal because all classes have that ability (besides Mages heal sucks). Mages are meant to impact a lot of dps & dmg while doing a lot of cc. Tanks are meant to take a lot of dmg, i.e. TANK. Rogues are obviously meant for hella high crits on single targets. Again, its working with what we got.

Not everything is for 'myself', this is a co op game. Mana and health heal is for the team, warriors put valuable points into taunt skills for the team.

Tank warrior, DPS rogue, heal HEALTH and MANA mage
    You expect warriors to tank but you don't heal, double standards.
    That's what make other warriors tank only with rogues.

*points at what I just said* lol

Quote Originally Posted by X29798:984064
    How is a warrior suppose to compete with the combined DPS of mages and rouges in terms of threat? The taunt skills warriors have are average at best. Have you tried tanking? Its not possible to keep mobs on you when socs or rouges are spamming non stop.

Part of socs and rogues role is NOT GETTING AGGRO, they run into fight first attack out aggro anything a warrior can do and wonder why warrior is not tanking.

Warriors need to go first, give them at least four seconds to be able to tank and get aggro. Then attack and use skills without spamming or getting aggro. When you get it you need to stop attacking so warriors can get aggro.

Warriors lvl 25 all have DPS builds to level up, go for a lvl 26 for better warriors with decent elite builds.

Blu is correct. However, I agree that the tanks need slightly better taunts. Still, I am able to be in a group with a good Tank who can actually hold the aggro in elite maps despite my Mage's hight dps and dmg, and out Rogue friends crits and dps. It aint easy for him but he manages to pull it off. Its a team effort! Which means we can't just spam the skills as he tanks or the aggro pulls to us. Find better team players to help you out!

Last edited by Lady_Pebbles; 02-26-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I hate when rogues and mages die on the way to boss so they rage quit and leave, and then the entire party leaves. I understand that your squishy, but don't just rage quit, suck it up. Pack pots, follow me, and lets see if we can get some phat lootz.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo:985142
    I hate when rogues and mages die on the way to boss so they rage quit and leave, and then the entire party leaves. I understand that your squishy, but don't just rage quit, suck it up. Pack pots, follow me, and lets see if we can get some phat lootz.

The problem there is that the mobs reset up to a certain point on the map while the rest bunch up together in the middle. Like in elite mariner, right when you're about to make a hard right on the map, the mobs be all over that place so its hard to get past them (especially with a full party cuz dmg is increased when more players are on the map with you). Takes some getting used to and using a nice build plus pets that help your strategies out to make it work. I can get past them with my Mage.... Had to adjust my build and the rest of them already at the boss need to move to the south end (near chests) while I aggro mobs to the portal so they reset. Then I can join them and help pwn.

Its hard but hey, thats what elite is all about. Never easy but not impossible either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

PuG? what is it
    A veteran who cannot let go the glorified Legends days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

It's getting harder for warriors to tank with each successive expansion even with the four taunt build. There is something systematically different between a taunt and threat output I believe. It seems a taunt will pull aggro but it's lost instantly and not maintained. I've asked for an explanation on the mechanics numerous times but I never got an answer.

Edit: Also, the warrior's PvE and PvP builds are by far the most different builds than any other class. I feel set into playing either aspect of the game for long periods of time. If two builds were aloud, more warriors might move away from the DPS build.
    Last edited by Liquid Ice; 02-26-2013 at 04:45 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonrider023 View Post
    PuG? what is it
    Pick up group, or randoms, call it whatever you want :P

Lady_Pebbles

My twink warrior has a build to PvP and PvE in. Its not impossible.. X.x

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicazx View Post
    Whats worse is warriors expecting rogues and mages to go first and tank.. T_T
    that pisses me off so much (even on my warrior). Or the ones that join then just stand around making it harder on everyone. >:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ohhh how I relate. I am not in any guild yet so all I run are pugs. It gets soooo frustrating. Sorc that don't heal, warriors that don't tank... People that rush into a boss without waiting for the rest, die, respawn, rush before team gets there again, rinse and repeat.... As if it doesn't click that... Hey we might need the whole team to defeat the boss... A novel idea indeed.

I'm also getting bored that no one talks. Hit me up if ya want. Ig name chilicrush 22, chiliblush 10

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chili View Post
    Ohhh how I relate. I am not in any guild yet so all I run are pugs. It gets soooo frustrating. Sorc that don't heal, warriors that don't tank... People that rush into a boss without waiting for the rest, die, respawn, rush before team gets there again, rinse and repeat.... As if it doesn't click that... Hey we might need the whole team to defeat the boss... A novel idea indeed.

I'm also getting bored that no one talks. Hit me up if ya want. Ig name chilicrush 22, chiliblush 10
    Talking is difficult in game, most people are busy playing, this seems more like a hate topic, people are not going to listen unless you can be constructive and positive. Until then nothing will change.

Spec how ever you want, just choose friends that complement your build, play style.

Playing with random will always be risky, inviting friends is your best bet.

Last edited by X29798; 02-26-2013 at 11:35 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Naw... Talking isn't so hard. At least it isn't for me, just takes a bit of multitasking and something to say.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Naw... Talking isn't so hard. At least it isn't for me, just takes a bit of multitasking and something to say.
    Try doing it when fighting a boss.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    Try doing it when fighting a boss.

Ummm lol... I was assuming everyone knew that wasn't the best time to talk. I've played many of games. Chat in games really isn't that rare.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts

im off pvp until they fix things not possible to be good when friends and guildees teaming up with warriors to kill us rogues omg

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    im off pvp until they fix things not possible to be good when friends and guildees teaming up with warriors to kill us rogues omg
    This is PVE, anyways welcome back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Yea random parties are pretty useless now...

When you make a party, just make sure that you have some experienced players that know what they're doing. Ending up with inexperienced players will only lengthen your time for leveling. I personally find leveling really boring when the party is slow
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Majora View Post
    oh lol i dont read all the posts sometimes sorry, ty but do i know you?
    I am sneaky so I doubt it.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Its hard for me to do on my phone. I either wait until all the mobs are dead or were dead. If I was on a pc I would chit chat while running dungeons.