Thread: Missing Quests and gear question for 30 - 35?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default Missing Quests and gear question for 30 - 35?

I hit 30 and I still have 2 quests left in the Lost Exp area, but I can't find any quest givers. Where are the final two quests? Was one in a dungeon and I missed it?

also where do I go now? I've been doing the Skeller and Alien Oasis I campaign. They seem the appropriate level, even though I don't seem to be able to do much in the way of damage, but them again I am usually a tank.

Also I have not seen a single piece of gear drop in those places that is below a level 35.
    Where can I get upgrades from 31-34 in level or is there just an equipment gap?
    I have quite a few level 30 purp weapons, but no purp armor. i don't think i have seen a single piece of purp bear armor drop other than a shield. pink either for that matter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The last two quests are for Frozen Nightmare Elite. They are to collect 1000 Yeti Pelts and 1000 snowballs. You get them from Ryom. I took both quests and have collected a few, but it is slow going.

Gear tends to come in increments of 5. there are a few that are between those levels, but mostly they are on numbers that end in zero or five, sometimes nine.

There's plenty of level 30 purple armor dropping in Lost Expeditions. I just got some. I can spare it, if you need.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I guess the items change once you hit 30. before that there were items every level that were marginally better than the ones before it. i was looking over the post gear charts and i had noticed that the purps/pinks seem to be ever 5 levels. 30, 35, 40, 45. there was an few odd 9 ones like you said.
    so to do nightmare i'd just join/host a game for the nightmare scenario?

so am i at the right places at 30? Skeller and AO1? Some had told me the swamps, but also said it's more difficult than those two.
    sure i could definitely use the armor. there don't seem to be alot of bear pieces at thirty. in fact I only found 3 on the items list:
    Conqueror's Polar Bear Snowcap (purp)
    Polar Bear Snowcap of Legend (pink)
    Iceberg Frost King Plate (purp)

I see you are an archer. i have a few things to trade, but probably nothing you want or need. but any gear would definitely help. im wearing the red bone helm or whatever still (cant find one better) and i believe a orange level 30 chest.
    i have a purp 30 sword and shield and 2hander (which is sad because i have a green level 30 2H hammer that is stronger)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    260 Posts

The guy who gave you the info on Swamps doesn't know that it has been updated. Swamps is now about the same difficulty as Skeller. It is the same level span as Skeller (30-35), but the pink drop are rarer in Swamps. This makes Swamps pinks more valuable than Skeller pinks. They have the same stats but different names, and this is enough to raise their value.

You will get double XP as long as the color of the circle next to the adversary's health bar is red, and one and a half times XP if it is yellow, so there's no need to do AO1 yet (levels 35 to 40) as long as there are easier mobs with red or yellow health meters. It's actually harder, IMO, to find a group running AO1 than Swamps or Skeller anyway, and people often try to skip that, but most of the time you get booted for being too low level.

I actually have 3 level 45 characters, one of each. I am levelling my eighth character who I will freeze at 35, and I will do 30 to 35 in the swamps, hoping for those rarer pinks.

Frost Knight Plate of Ahnold, level 30, 94 Str: 6 Str, 2% Dodge, 48 Armor
    Frost Knight Plate of the Bear, level 30, 94 Str: 5 Str, 2% Dodge, 48 Armor
    I've also got five purple weapons, Frosty Axe of Ahnold, Frosty Hatchet of Ahnold, Frosty Hatchet of the Bear, Frozen Mace of Ahnold, and Titanic Hammer of the Bear, plus a couple pink Frosty hatchets (of Legend and Conqueror's). And two purple shields (Frozen Shield of Ahnold, Frozen Shield of the Bear). But so far only green helms.

As for trades, I'm really unaware of the values of things. I generally just give stuff. If you want the Frost Knight Plate of the Bear, I'll just give it.

Add "Snakesbear". That's my level 30 polar bear.
    Last edited by Snakespeare; 09-29-2010 at 09:17 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

yeah that would be great. from the stats you posted ahnold is slightly better, but if you are keeping that for yourself i totally understand. it would definitely be an improvement over my craptastic armor.
    is the titanic hammer a 2H? i might be interested in that for when i am doing dps. kinda sad i have a purple claymore thats 29 and i have a green 30 hammer that makes it look pathetic.
    i have both those shields actually. pink axes would be cool, but i tend not to use them. they just seem itemized weird, but i carry at least one on me. game seems centered around tanking or dps. if im tanking the sword seems to do better...lots of fast hits...keeps threat. dps the hammers seem to totally pwn any other weapon i've seen so far.
    i'd appreciate the help. add me to your friends list. Rextab. i only have this character. just started playing. i am totally digging this game. love it. it's not quite WoW in my pocket, but close enough. it actually is more fun than WoW to me. it's more diabloesque which is a great thing in my book.

*edit*
    I too don't know too much the value of the items in the game yet. I paid a guy 5k for a pink and a purple last night. i saw some of the huge prices being tossed around and thought i may have inadvertently swindled him. but i looked around afterwards last night, and some of the prices in the tradeboard here. i think it was a fair deal. conscious cleared.

so area wise i should stick to skeller and the swamps til 35? k cool.
    Last edited by Rextab; 09-29-2010 at 09:39 AM.