Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: It not that warriors don't tank its that they can't

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

That's the other thing too. I respecced into a "tank" build for better survivability in elite runs. I've got 980 armor + whatever armor passive I have, 3.8k HP and mobs still tear through me like paper. So rogues can take 2 hits and I can take maybe 4. There's no reason to even bring a warrior that can't tank, OR do much damage to the party. It makes more sense to have a full rogue party and zerg the boss down.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I concur, heres the problems with al tank #1 no shield or a decent weapon with added armor #2 chest splitter is good aggro with taunts such as horn of renew and jugg the axe is nice but only one target, #3 they tried to merge tanking with high dps warrior #4 no skills with a shield , im sorry but you just cant b a tank without one its like making a mage that fights with only daggers, good luck with that. tank build should always include these basic ideas low dps with the ability to increase dps thru strength he or she should have a rush and aoe for threat skyward slam is almost perfect but lacks the ability to be spammed and lacks aggro did I mention a shield, well what better way to be a damage sponge then with a shield that can absorb damage give some damage but again limit the damage, true purpose is threat, I need high threat, high damage absorbtion, high health, and some flashy attacks that do some damage but are really for aggro chest splitter is good for aggro but lacks that hey look at me quality! And a shield, a shield, a shield and skill for my shield !!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    That's the other thing too. I respecced into a "tank" build for better survivability in elite runs. I've got 980 armor + whatever armor passive I have, 3.8k HP and mobs still tear through me like paper. So rogues can take 2 hits and I can take maybe 4. There's no reason to even bring a warrior that can't tank, OR do much damage to the party. It makes more sense to have a full rogue party and zerg the boss down.
    Four elite mobs>warrior armor and health

Trying to take most damage leads to death. Spamming potions is inefficient, any real elite team does not use any health potions.

Everyone needs to be able to take damage or heal. Any less leads to death and wasted time running. High damage is only good when you survive to do it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
    Last edited by X29798; 03-02-2013 at 04:09 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Like I said warrior is just a wasted dps spot in elite runs at this point. They can't hold aggro so dps classes are taking damage anyway. The only reason to have a warrior in party would be for their 2 second shield and heal.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Like I said warrior is just a wasted dps spot in elite runs at this point. They can't hold aggro so dps classes are taking damage anyway. The only reason to have a warrior in party would be for their 2 second shield and heal.
    Full dps is better then having a warrior in party.

They can't hold aggro or survive in a mob attack, if they did get aggro.

Warriors are good at buffs heal, rally cry. That's about it.

Warriors need new skills to change this. Current skills are seriously lacking.

Last edited by X29798; 03-02-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    Full dps is better then having a warrior in party.

They can't hold aggro or survive in a mob attack, if they did get aggro.

Warriors are good at buffs heal, rally cry. That's about it.

Warriors need new skills to change this. Current skills are seriously lacking.

New skills and a buff to our aggro skills. Frustrating watching your party die and you're skills wont even work.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

New skills and a buff to our aggro skills. Frustrating watching your party die and you're skills wont even work.
    agree 100%, we war will feel super guilty if we can't hold the aggro and party die because we lose aggro ..
    even if we can get aggro, we can't tank well due to elite monster dmg too high, and no support healer class ..
    so war's destiny is PRO POTTER ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by just comment:994850
    agree 100%, we war will feel super guilty if we can't hold the aggro and party die because we lose aggro ..
    even if we can get aggro, we can't tank well due to elite monster dmg too high, and no support healer class ..
    so war's destiny is PRO POTTER ..
    On sea blood can one shot any rogue/mage and he has took me down 94% in one shot on war... Im close cap gear also 200dps
    1100 armor
    Either increase war dps or aggro mechanics.
    What about passive emnity +/- specs could help with control issues.
    Or id even be happy with a skill that reset hate...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

That's really all it boils down to. Warriors can't hold aggro... so buff our threat mechanics, please.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

warriors cant hold agro for so long but it helps enough to grab the attention for a few giving rogues mages to recover
    i have 4000+ health , i have no problem tanking much, skullcove is a diff story.. LOL ..too much pots

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by inkredble View Post
    warriors cant hold agro for so long but it helps enough to grab the attention for a few giving rogues mages to recover
    i have 4000+ health , i have no problem tanking much, skullcove is a diff story.. LOL ..too much pots
    Edit: use some potions, not spamming.

Are you saying you can survive other elites without using potions. Using lots of potions to 'tank' in any elite is not real tanking.

The question is, are most warriors that want to tank able to tank in this game effectively or not.

Last edited by X29798; 03-05-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by X29798 View Post
    Are you saying you can survive other elites without using potions. Using lots of potions to 'tank' in any elite is not real tanking.

The question is, are most warriors that want to tank able to tank in this game effectively or not.

agree 100%, tanking effectively means still use pot on certain occasion but not overuse it ..
    yes, i know with mage spell effect like freeze or stun can make war use less pot ..
    but that is because the monster is not attacking, so war is not tanking but hitting stunned or freeze monster ..
    or maybe you hunt with 3-4 war in a team, of course, you can shift heal + 2 sec immunity ..
    but team with all tanker is not a good team in all mmorpg ..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Yea.i take back what o said.earlier.about my warrio taking agro and keeping agro. Ive ran in the new maps since my sorc.cant and i feel guilty when someone dies. To me all classes are mixed up. A rouge.has the.highest dps/dmg along with armor. Then why not erase all other.classes since there useless except warrios in pvp? It makes no.since to have a warrio or sorc in pve as rouge.will 90% take the.agro, but can tank at the.same time. Im very confused on this

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

this update made warrior a subject to clown.
    still war has 1k armour. nd nd dmg is lol.
    mage nd rogues got massive armour boost (~900) nd dmg is noticeably high wich is double of war.
    i thought that as mage rogue has double dmg than.war then this update war would hav double d armour of mage rogue. bt eh..........
    again those aggro problems :-(

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Warriors could hit 1k armor before last expansion, what about now? 1.2k maybe? Doesn't seem like warriors scaled the same way mages and rogues did. Oh yeah, we still can't hold aggro either. /flipdesk