Thread: Magicians in great advantage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    90 Posts

Default Magicians in great advantage

I've seen it too many topics where most complain about their little armor, your little heal and that as they are always the weakest of the group, who always die fast, they are nothing against rogues and warriors.

But to be very honest its arcane shield skill is amazing, who has not had or used a strong magician may not know this but read

1 -. Arcane Shield that protects 30% of Damage
    2 -. Second skill that gives them more time and more Damage shield that can receive
    3 -. The shield can now receive 15% more damage
    4 -. It gives 2 seconds of invincibility

(Son skill that unlocks the same arcane shield)

Now making his shield protects accounts for about 45% of your damage as giving them more than 350 total armor and a good magician can be level 26 with all armor and shield as 1000, now also two seconds ago invincible (must be loaded first) yet their damage is the highest of all classes, and also have 2 pets that give 30 intelligence and so its damage level is about 220.

And if your shield lasts only as 25 seconds but with so many good skills, like fire that gives stun, ice freezes, slows clock, giving wind stun, shield that gives about 45% of armor, is very strong, so qeu stop complaining if magicians are weak is because of him, there are very few strong and one strong mages can beat a rogue in seconds, maybe a warrior but if you can give a great battle, so please leave it that are no weaker than weak, only bad players.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Valkiryas For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Edited *sorcerer
    1.the shield last for 10 secs and 15 secs with upgrade not 25 secs.
    2.The shield last for 500 damage taken
    3.A good sorcerer can beat rogue in few seconds,yea its true.But a good rogue that know how to counter sorcerer skill is almost unbeatable(by sorcerer).Put 3 heal packs,running a bit after the shield been cast(to wait the 2 secs invulnerablity),then aimed shoot and shadow and the shield will gone then repeat.
    4.Most of pets are suitable to rogue like malison ( boost str,dex,int and dodge),granite and even ribbit
    5.Sorcerer never one shoot kill enemy in pvp.
    6.We have the lowest armor
    7.Without that shield we are just walking meat...
    But sorcerer are good at one thing..

Name:  take this.JPG
Views: 770
Size:  83.8 KB
    Last edited by SouLBlizzard; 02-27-2013 at 07:45 PM.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SouLBlizzard For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

points for both of you its a personal point of view but sorc is weak or strong depending on how a player use its toon

Lady_Pebbles

I agree with Cero and lmao @ the pic. Kudos!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I somewhat agree, but you've only put the sorcerer capabilities, and didn't put (or consider) the opponents counter for it... I'm not the best sorc, but I don't see myself as a bad player. IMHO, before the patch I would have a 50% chance with a warrior. Now, I would say it's only about 10% -- and imho, that would be because I'm a higher level than the warrior.

My biggest concern is not that sorcerers are or should be equal to warriors -- it's the little to no chance of escape once engaged. It takes two good sorcerers to take down a warrior, but only one average warrior to take down many sorcerers. But again, it's not about being weak, it's about the ability to survive (if that is what balancing means).

So, you're title 'Magicians in great advantage'....... Advantage to what? Today, a Rogue continuously stunned me until my 2 sec invulnerability was gone, I wasn't even able to cast one skill -- so the advantages you described didn't even apply.
    Rasi: Grumpy old arcane mage (AL)
    Haowesie: Confused & oblivious bird (PL)
    Aestrella: Sexy insecure mage wannabe (PL)
    Drearasy: Crazy-eyed dex-bear (PL)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts

Valkiryas u r very funny

PL: Fear

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The shield skil is main encounter with rogue. A good rogue can easy beat a sorc with shield. aimed shot has longer att range. its all about timing.
    The shield is useless when sorc vs warrior.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SouLBlizzard View Post
    Edited *sorcerer
    3.A good sorcerer can beat rogue in few seconds,yea its true.But a good rogue that know how to counter sorcerer skill is almost unbeatable(by sorcerer).Put 3 heal packs,running a bit after the shield been cast(to wait the 2 secs invulnerablity),then aimed shoot and shadow and the shield will gone then repeat.
    4.Most of pets are suitable to rogue like malison ( boost str,dex,int and dodge),granite and even ribbit

Did you just give rogues a way to beat us now? Thanks dude xD

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by vholt:988461
    Quote Originally Posted by SouLBlizzard View Post
    Edited *sorcerer

Did you just give rogues a way to beat us now? Thanks dude xD
    everyone knows where have u been livin bro
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

the guy who started this thread has no clue. This days, we can kill rogues, but a good rogue who knows how to avoid the shield kills us in no time, with a warrior is a joke, no chance, .01% being generous. The shield takes only 500 dmg, and last 15 seconds, actually even in pve i think sorcere become useful, best aoe skills have large cooldow, fireball and time shift, we cant buff the party for def or attack, we cant do high damage, we dont have good defense, killing a boss is a pain, one hit and die, of, and im nod the weakest sorcerer out there, i know what im taling about.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I'm a sorcerer, and while I've never used the shield (I have heal + 3 offensive skills), I come across other sorcerers who have shield all the time, and I usually beat them down easy. It's because with having the shield they only have 2 offensive skills or else they cannot heal, while I can heal. So I have 2300 health and can add another 1000 health when I heal myself, so that's like having 3300 health. And with having only 2 offensive skills I can just outlast them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts

pointless threads are pointless

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decrpito View Post
    the guy who started this thread has no clue. This days, we can kill rogues, but a good rogue who knows how to avoid the shield kills us in no time, with a warrior is a joke, no chance, .01% being generous. The shield takes only 500 dmg, and last 15 seconds, actually even in pve i think sorcere become useful, best aoe skills have large cooldow, fireball and time shift, we cant buff the party for def or attack, we cant do high damage, we dont have good defense, killing a boss is a pain, one hit and die, of, and im nod the weakest sorcerer out there, i know what im taling about.
    IMO Mages weren't made for 1v1 in mind. They were made for major group fights. Ego-istic players complain about being under-powered for 1v1 battles, yet never consider how well a mage could function if he just stuck with his team.

Mages were given the most stun/disability skills for a reason.
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    IMO Mages weren't made for 1v1 in mind. They were made for major group fights. Ego-istic players complain about being under-powered for 1v1 battles, yet never consider how well a mage could function if he just stuck with his team.

Mages were given the most stun/disability skills for a reason.
    And who says i go 1 vs 1 ? Like every other mage, i try to stick with other ppl, because alone have literally no chance, but whats the point hidding behind others if the warrior will run for me, u as a warrior dont stop fighting the warrior in front at least u are a little dumb, everybody go for the mage behind, in fact ppl who still believes the pvp is balanced right now sounds "rare", the update did nothing, and the complaint about it not gonna stop, we know sts will not make something to fix it, but i least we can write how bad "balanced"the pvp is right now. PS im not playing pvp anymore, if u gonna suggest that, i already stopped.
    Last edited by Decrpito; 03-01-2013 at 02:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Decrpito View Post
    And who says i go 1 vs 1 ? Like every other mage, i try to stick with other ppl, because alone have literally no chance, but whats the point hidding behind others if the warrior will run for me, u as a warrior dont stop fighting the warrior in front at least u are a little dumb, everybody go for the mage behind, in fact ppl who still believes the pvp is balanced right now sounds "rare", the update did nothing, and the complaint about it not gonna stop, we know sts will not make something to fix it, but i least we can write how bad "balanced"the pvp is right now. PS im not playing pvp anymore, if u gonna suggest that, i already stopped.
    Have you ever played Dota? HoN? LoL?

These may not be the hottest games of late, yet the core system is still the same. A tank stays in front, with the disablers/support behind, 'hiding', as you say. Opponent heroes aim for those at the back, knowing very well that they are literally sitting ducks. This is where the tank comes in, however. The tank is there to intervene and pull enemies off long enough for them carries to finish them off.

Apply this to AL, the difference isn't really that big. Not to me, anyways
    Destructible - Level 21 Warrior

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Destructible View Post
    Have you ever played Dota? HoN? LoL?

These may not be the hottest games of late, yet the core system is still the same. A tank stays in front, with the disablers/support behind, 'hiding', as you say. Opponent heroes aim for those at the back, knowing very well that they are literally sitting ducks. This is where the tank comes in, however. The tank is there to intervene and pull enemies off long enough for them carries to finish them off.

Apply this to AL, the difference isn't really that big. Not to me, anyways
    Everybody listen what they want, so its ponitless debating with u being a warrior, in fact u have no argument just some useless "ideas"? Why the back if we die in 1 shoot, its not staying back making some strategy is we have the lowest HP the lowest def the lowest dodge and not the highest damage? Even warriors make more damage with the glitch some of u call it near 2k or more so what's the advantage of the class? Stun that doesn't last nothing? There are pets that stun more, shield lasting nothing and taking 500 DMG? When I was playing still was able to ks with a lucky fireball before I died from 1 hit

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valkiryas View Post
    I've seen it too many topics where most complain about their little armor, your little heal and that as they are always the weakest of the group, who always die fast, they are nothing against rogues and warriors.

But to be very honest its arcane shield skill is amazing, who has not had or used a strong magician may not know this but read

1 -. Arcane Shield that protects 30% of Damage
    2 -. Second skill that gives them more time and more Damage shield that can receive
    3 -. The shield can now receive 15% more damage
    4 -. It gives 2 seconds of invincibility

(Son skill that unlocks the same arcane shield)

Now making his shield protects accounts for about 45% of your damage as giving them more than 350 total armor and a good magician can be level 26 with all armor and shield as 1000, now also two seconds ago invincible (must be loaded first) yet their damage is the highest of all classes, and also have 2 pets that give 30 intelligence and so its damage level is about 220.

And if your shield lasts only as 25 seconds but with so many good skills, like fire that gives stun, ice freezes, slows clock, giving wind stun, shield that gives about 45% of armor, is very strong, so qeu stop complaining if magicians are weak is because of him, there are very few strong and one strong mages can beat a rogue in seconds, maybe a warrior but if you can give a great battle, so please leave it that are no weaker than weak, only bad players.

Arcane shield gets deleted once you receive 500 dmg or more, so it doesn't really work the way you think it works. The only great use for it is denying enemy burst, like arrows , or other mages fireballs / lightnings, but if you rely on it for prolonged survivability, you are doing to have a bad time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Idk about 26 but after update at 21 I had a Mage and a warrior seeing it from both sides mages are definitely weak

as a well built Mage I could barely kill warriors

As a poorly built warrior I was owning multiple mages

A mages only chance of killing a warrior is if they out level them or they're complete noobs
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity