Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's your highest fireball Dmg?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorname View Post
    Doesn't the kraken skewer of brutality exceed the oracles damage? I heard that somewhere but I'm not sure. Also has a cool proc.
    Maybe with the +15int proc being active, it would come close. Sam posted pictures a while back comparing stats of the best kraken skewer vs crystal gun. The crystal gun still had some more Dmg which translates in even more skill dmg.

Staffs vs guns are a weird thing during a fight too. A staff fires in the direction you're running in, while guns don't need you to face your enemies straight on. Also range on guns is much higher, meaning you can stay in the 'safe zone' during elite runs because, let's face it, mages are the squishiest class to play with and you generally don't want to be very near a cluster of enemies. On top of that, as a dmg focused mage, you'll be spamming/charging skills almost the whole time. There isn't a lot of time to use your weapon attacks at all.

I'm speaking about PvE here btw

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    Maybe with the +15int proc being active, it would come close. Sam posted pictures a while back comparing stats of the best kraken skewer vs crystal gun. The crystal gun still had some more Dmg which translates in even more skill dmg.

Staffs vs guns are a weird thing during a fight too. A staff fires in the direction you're running in, while guns don't need you to face your enemies straight on. Also range on guns is much higher, meaning you can stay in the 'safe zone' during elite runs because, let's face it, mages are the squishiest class to play with and you generally don't want to be very near a cluster of enemies. On top of that, as a dmg focused mage, you'll be spamming/charging skills almost the whole time. There isn't a lot of time to use your weapon attacks at all.

I'm speaking about PvE here btw
    Yes, only when the proc is active which isn't that often. Otherwise the oracle has slightly higher damage (around 2-3 higher). But what I am unable to quantify is the armor & damage reduction procs which apparently are 100% of the time. When using the skewer it seems like I beat bosses faster if I make sure to mix in a regular attack once every 5-10 seconds. There is armor reduction going on there, but I have no idea how much.

The skewer says in its description "Reduces the armor and damage of the enemy, plus chance to proc +15 INT for 10 seconds". I just don't know how much those reductions are. The +10 INT seems to happen about 10% of the time and lasts 10 seconds. The INT proc you can see because you light on fire with blue smoke.

In terms of the math here, even if the armor reduction was only 5-10%, that would seem to be enough to make the skewer the better weapon considering the damage difference is less than 2%.
    Last edited by Energizeric; 03-26-2013 at 12:53 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    In terms of the math here, even if the armor reduction was only 5-10%, that would seem to be enough to make the skewer the better weapon considering the damage difference is less than 2%.
    I don't know about the kraken skewer, but rods in general have lousy range and no targetting at all. It means that you'd have to get up close, which you generally don't want as a mostly dmg centric mage.

Then there's that proc. I wish STS would make it so that a weapon porcs when you charge it. Now it's too much of a random factor.

But yeah, it could potentially deal a little bit more dmg depending if it procs enough and if you're willing to get close enough to mobs/bosses.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

Name:  Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-06-06.png
Views: 176
Size:  562.9 KB
    Thats it with passiv Dex and New Ring

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bullox View Post
    Name:  Screenshot_2013-03-26-10-06-06.png
Views: 176
Size:  562.9 KB
    Thats it with passiv Dex and New Ring
    i've play around during the free respec and find that passive Dmg gives more dmg than passive Dex (not shown in skill , but the damage indicator says it :P )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts

@Eugene
    Yep i think ur right but the passiv dex gives me ab out 90 health too, and i really need that for pvp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

WOW my highest FIREball damge is 356 but without my armor its only 349