Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sorcerer Letter.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Genuinous View Post
    I ended up joining a jarl party today, nice 1 min average runs. It was a war and 2 rogues, rogues killng jarl quick and then repeat. However i tried, id pull mobs all over the place, die and not do enough dmg. Eventually I accepted that sorcs are not needed and im back to lvling my rogue... The thing is, that with 4k hp and 1.2k armor, tanks dont need the freezing/stunning/slowing down help from mages, it is simply pointless... because tanks can just stand the dmg while rogues kill and mages... well exaclty... whats the reason for a mage in the run? Lvling ppl in wt4? Cos that seems the only place where one might be of some worth... some...
    You have some valids points. Actually im posting the same over and over again whats exactly our role now? Warriors only wants rogues in their partys, mana? well mana pots are cheap, stun? stun its not neccesary, lasting a couple of seconds? we dont even have another skill bar so we can buff others players for attack, defense, like in any others games, we dont have a real mana shield, absorbing damage ill be nice we can use mana shield (3000 mana ca take a hard hit), so we can survive elite final bosses, i died in 1 hit i dont have time to use a single pot, whats our role? wt4 , thats the only place warriors want us in their parties, actually im about to cap my sorcerer but i just created another toon a rogue, i ill try to play that without plat not like i did with my sorecerer -.-

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yeah this thread is so sad but true My main is a sorc but now I have to level my rogue too to 25. Yesterday I realized how worthless we sorcs are. One warrior said that he kick me because I don't have Time Shift I die from one hit in new elites and I tried to kill one strength mob. It took 1 minute! And good warriors can tank without sorcerers stuns. And in pvp all enemies target me because I'm so weak.

Aniscater (lv 31 sorcerer)------Anislayer (lv 25 rogue)------Valtterijr (lv 23 warrior)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I disagree on the shield part.. i 1v1 many known twinks on my mage for my lvl.. and take warriors and alot of rogues out.. i have two different builds but my main doesnt include shield and i get 50+ kills a game.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

mages suppose doing crowd control when pve. as warrior doesnt hold aggro anymore for some reason. use of any aoe skill is suicide . specially fireball with widened area. one fireball when mobs get up . u dead. it looks like mages has the highest dmg and dps. but it just doesnt show in anywhere. a rogue with APL kills elite boss faster than 2 mages.

pls let warrior keep tne aggro. and let mages use their fireball.

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AGGfuse View Post
    I disagree on the shield part.. i 1v1 many known twinks on my mage for my lvl.. and take warriors and alot of rogues out.. i have two different builds but my main doesnt include shield and i get 50+ kills a game.
    Pls do realize that balancing is not about twinks but endgame... And a shield with reduction linked to lvl or dmg would solve this issue, as well as higher lvl balance. I dont get why not make it happen tho...

Lady_Pebbles

My main is a lvl26 Mage as well... Its very frustrating at times I agree. Especially when Im called a "noob" for not using heal (pfft I didn't need heal to do ALL elite maps at 26 & I won't need it now). ALL classes have a heal skill and Mages are built for CC on AL not for support. Besides, our heal skill is by far the weakest! My Rogue's heal skill benefits my Rogue much better than the heal skill does for my Mage.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

im a lv26 mage with mythic helm . 200 plus dmg. but the main reason im in the farming team is bcos i can do mana heal.

Lady_Pebbles

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish:991330
    im a lv26 mage with mythic helm . 200 plus dmg. but the main reason im in the farming team is bcos i can do mana heal.

I got pets for that so pfft lol. No point in using heal on Mages atm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Well warriors need a nerf in PvP, and stay the same in pve, rouges don't need a thing in PvP or pve, unless you finally won't to give our crit back in PvP... Mages need a buff in Pve, and something to happen in PvP for them.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Warrior need get their aggro back. in those days a sorc does tanking more.than warriors. one sec u lost control of the crowd u dead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Dang. U guys make real sense.. Maybe i should consider switching to my rogue.. at least until a class balance patch is put into place..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

I agree mages need buffs in most areas. My mage is far from the bottom of the ranks and i can't hang in PvP or any elite map other than Jarl. Mages are a dying breed.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear Warrior:
    What you do best is to stand in the front and take all the hits.
    Let us mages do the killing.
    All the best,
    Sorc.
    Last edited by Emememil; 03-04-2013 at 04:57 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Dear Rouge:
    Our job is not to heal you.
    If you can't heal yourself you should leave.
    All the best,
    Sorc.
    Last edited by Emememil; 03-04-2013 at 03:56 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Its not sorcerers.. its dem warriors.. waayy to powerful for their fatty bodies.
    #nerfwarrior2013

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicazx View Post
    Its not sorcerers.. its dem warriors.. waayy to powerful for their fatty bodies.
    Sorcerers are way too weak. They need a buff.

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mysticaleagle For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

bet this letter go thrown into the rubish bin...dev/sts don even bother to read it...lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    83 Posts

I feel mage's and rogue's stats are too similar. Mages have high dps, but now days rogues are usually higher. Especially due to the lack of staffs with better stats than the top 21. Mages have high dmg, but now days rogues are usually higher. Also due to the same issue. I can use my top lvl 26 rifle tho and get 212.1 dmg, but then that sets my dps at 240, which works good in pvp but is way too low for pve. So what is my mage's purpose... i have no idea anymore. But my plan from now on will be to just keep my mage in pvp and farm with my war, and hope one day i get my mojo back.
    ERDNASE
    Retired Co-Master/Guild Elder of
    CHIVALROUS UNION

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

Us mages are better off helping papa smurf build villages.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Dear Sorcerers,

It would be super helpful for both of us if you stayed a little behind, dropping Fireballs and Lightning while restoring my mana. I know that you can tank like a king with your shield, but it would help me kill things much faster, because, you see, I can only attack one thing at a time, and my mana pool is really more like just a mana puddle - enough to splash around in, but not enough to create a tidal wave. Please use your superior range and AoE skills to take down approaching mobs and Fireball those that get to close and I promise to take care of the stragglers with my Aimed Shot.

Thanks,

Rogue

Dear Warrior,

Please tank! Get in front, get mob aggro, round them up so me and my buddy Sorcerer can clean up the mess. It would also be really nice if you buffed me once in a while, you know, heal and shield. Geez, you use it all the time when you see me in PvP. Whenever I see two of you together in the arena it's all shields and heal, but when I find you in Kraken Isles, all of a sudden you forget how to shield and stay in the back of the group and watch me and my pals guzzle pots like they're free or something. So if you can just do your thing, we can do ours.

Thanks Always,

Rogue

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained