Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My thoughts on the latest changes/update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Shadow shot is worthless IMHO.

There has been a change so that Shadow Shot is auto targeted like the other skills, but it doesn't do enough damage to be worth considering. Yes, it does some AoE damage, but it is only worthwhile if it crits, otherwise, it's not worth the skill points. You would be better off putting the points into a passive (like DEX).

Honestly, next time I respec, I will be using Razor again. I went with Shadow for this expansion, and am seriously regretting it. The damage it does to mobs in Kraken Isles is negligible at best, and if that is the difference between life and death....well, it was nice knowing you.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GoodSyntax View Post
    Shadow shot is worthless IMHO.

There has been a change so that Shadow Shot is auto targeted like the other skills, but it doesn't do enough damage to be worth considering. Yes, it does some AoE damage, but it is only worthwhile if it crits, otherwise, it's not worth the skill points. You would be better off putting the points into a passive (like DEX).

Honestly, next time I respec, I will be using Razor again. I went with Shadow for this expansion, and am seriously regretting it. The damage it does to mobs in Kraken Isles is negligible at best, and if that is the difference between life and death....well, it was nice knowing you.
    Care to explain what IMHO means?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

In My Honest Opinion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

This was the basis of my post last week. Sorcerers and Warriors have shielding, mana regen, health regen but Rogues do not (some Rogues have health regen). Unfortunately, the damage rebalancing disproportionately affects Rogues because we don't have any long term stuns or snares (like fireball, time, windmill, etc), so we cannot disengage from a group. When we try to flee, Warriors just Skyward to close and Windmill to kill, and Sorcerers just Fireball, Lightning and a couple of autos to finish us off.

Rogues, since the update, are very squishy!

Early in PvP, my KDR was terrible, because I was still learning the tactics necessary for Rogues to survive. Just before the patch, I was probably about 3 or 4:1, which is reasonable for a Rogue. Since the update, I might be 1:1.....maybe. Everything comes down to damage reduction because I can kill some Warriors (not the top geared ones), but by the time the fight is over, I'm out of mana. It doesn't help that my lv 23 keeps joining up in lv 25/26 games.

I have learned that since the update, Rogues simply cannot solo as well, and sneak attacks don't work as often as they used to. We are now heavily reliant on good groups to be successful (which for PUGs, is not something I can count on). If we don't have a Warrior shielding us and/or a Sorcerer restoring HP and Mana, Rogues simply aren't as effective any more.

Sorcerers have come a very long way since the initial PvP release. Warriors continue to be very much overpowered, and with all the complaints about Rogues, the adjustment has hurt our class more than any other.
    Warriors have shields which last for only 2 seconds while socerers have shields which last MUCH longer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaokaban:996803
    This was the basis of my post last week. Sorcerers and Warriors have shielding, mana regen, health regen but Rogues do not (some Rogues have health regen). Unfortunately, the damage rebalancing disproportionately affects Rogues because we don't have any long term stuns or snares (like fireball, time, windmill, etc), so we cannot disengage from a group. When we try to flee, Warriors just Skyward to close and Windmill to kill, and Sorcerers just Fireball, Lightning and a couple of autos to finish us off.

Rogues, since the update, are very squishy!

Early in PvP, my KDR was terrible, because I was still learning the tactics necessary for Rogues to survive. Just before the patch, I was probably about 3 or 4:1, which is reasonable for a Rogue. Since the update, I might be 1:1.....maybe. Everything comes down to damage reduction because I can kill some Warriors (not the top geared ones), but by the time the fight is over, I'm out of mana. It doesn't help that my lv 23 keeps joining up in lv 25/26 games.

I have learned that since the update, Rogues simply cannot solo as well, and sneak attacks don't work as often as they used to. We are now heavily reliant on good groups to be successful (which for PUGs, is not something I can count on). If we don't have a Warrior shielding us and/or a Sorcerer restoring HP and Mana, Rogues simply aren't as effective any more.

Sorcerers have come a very long way since the initial PvP release. Warriors continue to be very much overpowered, and with all the complaints about Rogues, the adjustment has hurt our class more than any other.
    Warriors have shields which last for only 2 seconds while socerers have shields which last MUCH longer.
    our shield time is useless if we recieved 500+dmg which can be easily done by a rogue/warriors

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    our shield time is useless if we recieved 500+dmg which can be easily done by a rogue/warriors
    How long can the socerer shield last?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

U mean the shield will only reduce the damage taken for socerers?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chaokaban:997077
    U mean the shield will only reduce the damage taken for socerers?
    the shield can last half of the cooldown time which is 30secs. and yes it reduces dmg taken up to 45%(?) from any class. it explodes if we took 500+dmg which is the limit dmg to be absorb.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

At least the other two classes have shields.

Playing without a shield requires a different approach, which is why everyone thinks we are just Kill Stealers. We don't survive direct frontal assualts and rely on surprise and tactics.

To offset the lack of shielding, we get Aimed Shot - and I'm not complaining :-)