Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pvp Unbalance?

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Default Pvp Unbalance?

Ive been hearing many times that Endgame pvp isnt balanced! Can someone kindly explain what exactly is unbalanced here? Sorry if this is noob question.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowstar View Post
    Ive been hearing many times that Endgame pvp isnt balanced! Can someone kindly explain what exactly is unbalanced here? Sorry if this is noob question.
    All stats are just way too blown out.

With stats now, Birds and Mages theoretically can 1 shot each other (skills = too much damage). However, the overblown dodge stat allows most birds to be invincible. Hit Percent is so unnecessary to have over 100%... the game would be better if all classes had relatively low hit percent (meaning: a bird's highest hit percent through gear, vanities, etc, could only reach a max hit% of 85%).

If damage/critical/hit percent (offensive stats) is really high, then our Health Points should be wayyyyy boosted up. This is a solution for STS if they decide to get too lazy... I'd prefer they balance out the other stats for the sake of PvP in the future; but a quick and easy solution would be notching everyone's health 4x.

I think the Armor is evenly distributed... enough for tanks to tank. When you combine high armor with high dodge, you're not invincible, but really tough to beat.

Conclusion:

-High Damage (from skills) + High dodge = killing machine

-Low health Points = a BIG NO (resulting in one shots)

-Hit percent over 100% (unless debuffed) is obsolete.

If I gave an estimated ratio of luck to skill, I'd say it's about 75%-25% luck.
    Last edited by XghostzX; 03-03-2013 at 02:18 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts

Shadow firstly fights end very quickly if you watch a bird fight its literally who ever dodges the most . Skill isn't needed anymore, you use to have to test out a few builds to find a good one now its mostly get a strength set and put most skills 9. Birds and Bears dominate mostly now. Most birds and mages gets one shoted. Most of the reason why its so unbalanced is because of the sets when you have insane dodge and high crit its hard to go wrong. Its more common now to be called " Pro" than before when you had to earn the title ,skill is slowly becoming extinct.The worst thing is many people ooze with confidence thinking there very good when really there very lucky had most of the endgame pvpers been at the sewer cap i can guarantee at least 50% wouldn't succeed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jcoultet:992588
    Shadow firstly fights end very quickly if you watch a bird fight its literally who ever dodges the most . Skill isn't needed anymore, you use to have to test out a few builds to find a good one now its mostly get a strength set and put most skills 9. Birds and Bears dominate mostly now. Most birds and mages gets one shoted. Most of the reason why its so unbalanced is because of the sets when you have insane dodge and high crit its hard to go wrong. Its more common now to be called " Pro" than before when you had to earn the title ,skill is slowly becoming extinct.The worst thing is many people ooze with confidence thinking there very good when really there very lucky had most of the endgame pvpers been at the sewer cap i can guarantee at least 50% wouldn't succeed
    I couldn't agree more. Sewer cap would more than determine who's lucky or pro.

Sig made by Arexos! Buying Phantom Bow set pm meh!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    All stats are just way too blown out.

With stats now, Birds and Mages theoretically can 1 shot each other (skills = too much damage). However, the overblown dodge stat allows most birds to be invincible. Hit Percent is so unnecessary to have over 100%... the game would be better if all classes had relatively low hit percent (meaning: a bird's highest hit percent through gear, vanities, etc, could only reach a max hit% of 85%).

If damage/critical/hit percent (offensive stats) is really high, then our Health Points should be wayyyyy boosted up. This is a solution for STS if they decide to get too lazy... I'd prefer they balance out the other stats for the sake of PvP in the future; but a quick and easy solution would be notching everyone's health 4x.

I think the Armor is evenly distributed... enough for tanks to tank. When you combine high armor with high dodge, you're not invincible, but really tough to beat.

Conclusion:

-High Damage (from skills) + High dodge = killing machine

-Low health Points = a BIG NO (resulting in one shots)

-Hit percent over 100% (unless debuffed) is obsolete.

If I gave an estimated ratio of luck to skill, I'd say it's about 75%-25% luck.
    You know what would be cool? If devs allowed health potions to be used in PvP. I'm sure that'd start turning things around. People would have to time combos and other things to kill their opponents at the right times.
    Click My Signature to Check Out My YouTube Channel.
    Warning: Any Beggars Will Be Put On Ignore List

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts

100 potions on a str bear imagine

<(^.^<) <(^.^)> (>^.^)>

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo View Post
    You know what would be cool? If devs allowed health potions to be used in PvP. I'm sure that'd start turning things around. People would have to time combos and other things to kill their opponents at the right times.
    Otherwise this would be a good idea but imagine a pure str bear or rhino in ctf with healing mages around. Invincible.

Before taking PvP in account we have to think things PvE wise. STS will not change anything which could harm PvE as PvE is their source of monees due to elixirs.

So, damage cannot be reduced for 2 simple reasons.
    1. Would be hard to clear mobs in PvE because of low damage.
    2. People would use old sets for higher damage. This could be countered by decreasing all damage but with the PvE enemies armor, hp and dodge these days, it would rly harm PvE.
    Sure it would be possible to reduce damage overall but I can imagine that would be whole lotta work and as AL is STS' new golden boy I can hardly imagine something like this being done.

Next up is the overall crit/dodge reducing. Sure, the crit/dodge stuff should be reduced. But yet again, if STS decides to reduce crit/dodge it has to be done to all sets. Heck, some end game mages even use Angelic because it has high dodge. This would be extremely effective to reduce the "luck" factor in 1v1 situations. But the real problem isn't technically the gear but the insane buffs we have. Buffs should be reduced significantly and that should be an easy task.

Overall armor rating and hp should be increased, once again, significantly. Damage is hard to reduce due to facts I mentioned but to counter that, the armor raising for next cap is easy to do, and base hp changing should be easy as well. With superb armor ratings compared to previous campaign's items and a bit lower base damages of weapons would still make the new set far more superior to previous caps.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    Otherwise this would be a good idea but imagine a pure str bear or rhino in ctf with healing mages around. Invincible.

Before taking PvP in account we have to think things PvE wise. STS will not change anything which could harm PvE as PvE is their source of monees due to elixirs.

So, damage cannot be reduced for 2 simple reasons.
    1. Would be hard to clear mobs in PvE because of low damage.
    2. People would use old sets for higher damage. This could be countered by decreasing all damage but with the PvE enemies armor, hp and dodge these days, it would rly harm PvE.
    Sure it would be possible to reduce damage overall but I can imagine that would be whole lotta work and as AL is STS' new golden boy I can hardly imagine something like this being done.

Next up is the overall crit/dodge reducing. Sure, the crit/dodge stuff should be reduced. But yet again, if STS decides to reduce crit/dodge it has to be done to all sets. Heck, some end game mages even use Angelic because it has high dodge. This would be extremely effective to reduce the "luck" factor in 1v1 situations. But the real problem isn't technically the gear but the insane buffs we have. Buffs should be reduced significantly and that should be an easy task.

Overall armor rating and hp should be increased, once again, significantly. Damage is hard to reduce due to facts I mentioned but to counter that, the armor raising for next cap is easy to do, and base hp changing should be easy as well. With superb armor ratings compared to previous campaign's items and a bit lower base damages of weapons would still make the new set far more superior to previous caps.
    Simple rule to avoid that, healing classes cannot use their heal spells in combination with potions. One or the other must be chosen. Put a cool down between the two, you feel me?

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

I personally enjoy pvp atm. Bears fights are finally not 5 min long. Pure mages suck but work with it yo... Go pally =)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

this is y i only do low lvl pvp now lol. If u dont have a fiery/swift/beastly set and a ring of valient glory and a red or blue dragon set, u get rushed and pwned.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grrims View Post
    this is y i only do low lvl pvp now lol. If u dont have a fiery/swift/beastly set and a ring of valient glory and a red or blue dragon set, u get rushed and pwned.
    I use Angelic gear (66) on my mage for end game. Your argument is invalid.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to XghostzX For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts

Yeah right, if Ghost can do it everybody else should be able to do it as well!
    OneRandomNoob - 76 meatshield | Gaunab - 76 dodgenub

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Gaunab For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab:993706
    Valid. Will be taken into consideration.

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Go back in time into Sewer days, problem solved.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Gaunab:993706
    WRONG! I couldnt get angel set because of me joining PL a few days before humania cap! I cant get elite rings because I was lvl 66 when BL mt. Opened! I couldnt get previous cap vanity! I cant afford a dragon pet with plat to get dragon ring! even with swift armor, I wont win in endgame pvp!

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

even in 66 pvp if u join a 71 game u might find a 76

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,947 Posts

Foxes and Rhinos live with it.

I don't see your point.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Apollo:997477
    Foxes and Rhinos live with it.

I don't see your point.
    Apollo, if I recall, you've said vanities are OP. Whether or not you meant it. Idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    176 Posts

does dodging a 5 skill combo entirely and then one shotting your opponent sound balanced to you?
    it sounds like you have never played endgame pvp at all O.o

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Everybody go to level 30 pvp so I can get more kills. Problem solved. Yw.