Thread: Suggestions and ideas. Summary of ideas from players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Lightbulb For STS. Summary of suggestions and ideas from players.

Hey guys... I'm new to the forums and I was just bored outta my mind so I surfed the suggestions and feedback section for like five hours just now;; Haha,, weird huh.. Anyways, so while I was reading, I read lots of posts from lots of players. Some had awesome ideas that I think could help improve the whole game. So I'm writing the ideas down here. Hope you guys over at STS see this..
    You guys may think some of these suggestions may be selfish, inconsiderate or just plain stupid so, uh,, pls understand that I'm just suggesting ideas. Trying to help^^ not criticizing or forcing anybody to listen;; Just goin about blabberin some suggestions..

oookay.. here goes nothin.

--For the developers. In depth list of suggestions from players.--

<Important ideas>

1. New item; mounts
    How about mounts, for transportation in AL? Things like vehicles, ridable dragons, horses or anything. New NPCs that sell rides could be added. The rides could help us move around the map faster just like speed elixirs and it'd be cool. If not,, well I guess they could just be another type of vanity.. For example, something like flying brooms or magic carpets could be available for mages? and knight steeds for warriors, etc.

2. New NPC; blacksmith
    Okay, now what dyu say to a new NPC; a blacksmith? Blacksmiths could help us 1. upgrade our gear(pay to change stats into elite item stats?), 2. forge new gear(using other items, random results?), etc(anything else?)

3. setting item alert criteria.
    many times, I check out the items that show up on alert, and they're not good. If we could customize the alert critiria, like if dps goes up, alert. or if health goes up, alert.. that'd be great. Also add priorities. example; first priority-dps, second-health(so even if health points go down, if dps goes up, alert shows up.)

4. Sociability; messaging
    Any online mmorpg game needs a good communication system for players right? for the players to interact and get social. Well right now, the messaging system is kinda bad.. 1-a player has to be online to receive messages. 2-if u get disconnected abruptly, u lose all messages and will never be able to read them again. 3-you have to type a bunch of codes to send party,private,guild,etc messages and few people know the codes(for example, (/t name message) to pm someone). These are only a few of the problems with the current social system in AL. So, how bout making a social section that can take care of all our messages? it could be used to send or receive messages freely to ANYONE at ANYTIME(which means no need to be online at the same time to talk),(Players would no longer have to wait till midnight to chat with friends from across the world). There could be a inbox with a list of your contacts, a sent message section, and a received message section. Another part for guild chat, party chat, etc. This would greatly help the people that use the AL traders market here on the forums.

5. pet gear
    Getting gear for our pets. I'm not suggesting a full gear set for pets,, just a simple collar item or something to boost stats would be nice. since players can have multiple pets, either the gear can be used for all pets or seperately??

6. solo play option
    An option for doing solo play. like going to options and checking; Allow no other players in dungeons. To just farm and play alone.

7. Platinum confirmation
    I've seen so many posts describing how people lost their plat because of accidental screen touching.. especially the 50xp boost elixir that shows up in the world map. In my case, I even bought a vanity set I didn't want because my elbow accidentally touched the buy button. It's really easy to lose plat accidentally in AL. A confirmation button before any platinum purchase is so needed. Guys over at STS, please please consider this. Many players want this too.

8. Class rebalancing
    Mentioned countless times in posts. And im sure STS is working on it. Just a reminder..

9. Faster pets
    Pets kinda need to be faster to keep up with players. If the players move too fast, often in the case of speed elixirs, it takes the pets a long time to catch up. making players wait. oftentimes before entering a fight with a boss. Pets should be made to keep up with the toons no matter what.

10. Being able to trade/sell&buy vanities
    For vanity circulation? so that people can sell their old vanities and get new ones. Or so that people that don't have the plat to buy will be able to get vanities.

11. Separate skill loadouts for PvP and PvE
    A lot of players mentioned this in multiple threads. This would make it really convenient for users who cant balance pvp and pve skills

12. Elite maps
    Many people are responding differently to the new elite map patch.. some are satisfied with the new difficulty but there have been a lot of comments from normal players saying that the elite maps are way too hard now. Also, runs take way too long for a casual game and people dont get a lot of drops worth the time they spend doing elite runs. Lots of other points too.. but im guessing STS already knows about them. And I know STS is working on it. I just hope they choose wisely and makes patches that they think are appropriate.

13. Guild improvements
    I love to mingle and hang out with other players as much as I like the game:/ but currently guilds dont do anything much.. pretty much all they do is give u a title and a sense of community. Stash and cheap potions are good.. but more features would make guilds sooo much better. There were many brilliant ideas on what new features should be added. List of ideas from players..
    1. Show how many members are in a guild. And show how many people there are for each level. For example, something like "1767 members" and "Number of lvl26 players: 163" so that u can meet up with people your lvl and help each other out. Lvl26s could meet up to run elites.
    2. Make guild announcement boards. So that GMs or others can post rules, new announcements, guild events, notices, etc. Very important feature. Very needed. Leaderboards too. So that people can see who had the fastest hauntlet runs, most pvp kills, other achievements etc.
    3. Guild button in world map. To get to guild halls faster.
    4. Guild banners. Customizable banners made by GMs that u can wear around. It would be kickass awsome right? New looks, easily recognizable guild members,, and much more. Many many people have suggested this and i think this is geniis. Really.
    5. Guild registry. How about making a guild registry system? It can show info about guilds and people could browse through them and apply for guilds that they want to join. Later, GMs or officers can confirm and accept new members.
    6. Bulletin board. All members can post stuff. Like selling stuff, looking for an item, or anything! Endless possibilities!

Here are some ideas from others that I think are great

1- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...S-SKILLS!-idea
    2- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...guild-upgrades
    3- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...completed-list
    4- http://www.spacetimestudios.com/show...erface-problem

14. Stash
    There have been suggestions for being able to stash potions and tokens(hauntlet/story). And i think this is a good idea. Being able to collect all tokens or move potions from toon to toon would be great.

15. PvP improvements
    I'll update this as soon as possible. Maybe tonight. Dont have time to write this down. Sorry guys..

16. Miscellaneous
    1. Different colors for different damage types. U guys know how red numbers pop up when u deal damage right? The damage u receive is also red.and it makes it hard to distinguish which is which. I suggest changing colors for OUR damage, PET damage, ENEMY damage and etc. To distinguish. And so that we may know how much damage we deal and recieve.
    2. Marking guildmates or friends with different colors in minimap. If guildmates and friends were seperately marked, wed be able to know right away if a player's related to us or not. For example, how about a icon above their heads. Green circles for guildies and blue circles for friends.

<Here are just some random suggestions <not so important suggestions>

1. More events?? like daily or weekly lotteries or anything. Just sayin'

2. more functions for guild halls. currently guild halls don't do anything much. How bout adding some features. EX) hall of fame, guild buffs, guild skill points, guild contribution points, etc. (Developers already answered ok, but just mentioning it again)

3. If skill respecs were cheaper itd be nice;;

4. possibly,, more skills or skill slots?? I'm guessing the answer to that is no..

5. more things you can do with story or hauntlet tokens. like pets or vanities, or anything really;;

Wow, this turned out really long. If you think some of the ideas are just stupid, please just ignore them... but I wish STS considers the rest of the suggestions hope this post was somewhat helpful.. Any more ideas?? Thanks for reading^^ (will continue updating post)
    Last edited by colestros; 03-06-2013 at 11:53 AM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to colestros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Good list... But where is "guild improvements".... Thats the only thing I care about......

-Vys

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Whew.. just edited guild suggestions vystrich. Hope it helps

5. The Following User Says Thank You to colestros For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    301 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by colestros View Post
    Whew.. just edited guild suggestions vystrich. Hope it helps
    Great list, just add GvG and it will be quite complete.

-Vys

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

My 2 cents:
    1. Make hauntlet and story tokens as decent currency.
    And give story tokens for any daily quests out there in the game, but different amount. Every quest is part of the story, right? For example 1 story token for bard's quest, and 5 story tokens to complete all dead city dailies, etc.
    Make nice rewards like tradable chests/pets for these coins. Let it be chance to get good item from story chests, like 20 tokens to open one chest.
    Thus the ones tired of farming elite can do daily quests.
    2. Separate loot distribution for different maps: best armor on map A, weapon on map B and so on.
    All this should alive other maps in AL, not only Jarl, watcher's tombs and Southern Seas.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    535 Posts

Nice effort lets hope devs read.
    Credits to Iady

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

well thanks vys and miracle^^ I thought all these ideas just had to be posted. And Yoho, thanks for the suggestion. I'd really like to see these suggestions considered and carried out. So.. to anyone who agrees, I'd appreciate some support and help. Hope the developers see this..

Btw, whats a GvG? Did you mean PvP vystrich?
    Last edited by colestros; 03-06-2013 at 03:10 PM.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

They will see it colestros. But by no means do they have to respond :P