Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: The Party System

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

So when can we expect some changes? Or better can we expect some changes?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Unfortunately, I see lots of people posting about this in other threads. Sadly, with everything so spaced out, why would they take notice of it?

This is why a lot of suggestions go unheard in the forums. One giant voice is a lot more powerful than 50 little tiny voices.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts

Can I point out that Eversor used the term "social lubricant" a few posts back?

This is not a shameless bump for a very legitimate concern. Not at all.
    Airys <Average Joes>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Yakiniku View Post
    Can I point out that Eversor used the term "social lubricant" a few posts back?

This is not a shameless bump for a very legitimate concern. Not at all.
    I saw... I tried... my.. hardest... to... not... deraaaail.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

The thing is that they have a party system in both pocket and star legends but for some reason they haven't implemented it here and don't think dl has one either.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asahetek View Post
    The thing is that they have a party system in both pocket and star legends but for some reason they haven't implemented it here and don't think dl has one either.
    Samhayne mentioned in another thread to look out for a big change coming. I know its a slim chance, but I'm hoping it is this. I could really see this game take off if they added a game lobby with a boot feature (or even without a boot feature). So I'm holding out hope that they realize the current party system is really holding the game back.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

I hope so getting annoyed with people constantly reseting bosses or standing there doing absolutely nothing.
    Pl Cheoragire warrior 50+
    Sl Anadrarin operative 30 former gm
    Dl Asahetek 31
    Al Asahatek rogue 31 officer vengeance

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

If StS adds this I bet more players will come back/join and plus a lot of current players will be happy

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I'm not going to lie. Its gotten really bad. The game is almost unplayable for me at times. Sure, its great when guildies are on. At those times when I'm playing though, and they aren't, its dreadful.

The last few days. If I log in, and no guildies are on. I check CS, then log out. In fact, just to actually get some game time in I spent 30 minutes yesterday hopping around to different elite maps JUST TO FIND A PUG. Its really not working guys. I personally would love to see some statistics for the number of players versus the number of players that run elite maps on a consistent basis. I don't have any numbers to support, but, as expected, it seems to have gotten considerably worse after the introduction of the plat dungeon.

I'm sure there are number of people that don't have this problem. However, for the vast majority, it is a very real issue. And it is very discouraging.

There is no lobby that you can go to to find pugs. There are a number of maps I would run, but I'm not going to spend 1/4 of my gaming time just finding a pug that may or may not fail. Lets say, for example, there are 10 different maps to run. There are 8 people trying to run these maps. Its very likely 4 of them will not find eachother.

Additionally, if I run a map with a group, it doesn't necessarily mean I want to add them to my FL. I don't know after one map if they are the type of person I'd run with. And with no ability to remake maps and follow people, there is no real opportunity to meet new people to grow your friend list with capable bodies.

Let me also add this. What does it say about elite maps in general when you go to a popular elite map in the latest campaign (Mt. Spyre) and it takes 20 minutes to get 3 more people to join? Please don't tell me I need a better guild. I've been playing this game since it was released. I've been in a couple very large guilds (KOI, Deviant Misfits). It is always the same problem. I have a lot of friends that run elite, a lot. And I have this problem. Imagine people that haven't been playing as long.

BTW, this is no knock on KOI (RIP) or DM. I love you guys. Great guilds. But we all know how it works. My clock is not the same as everyone else's clock. And I don't expect people to drop whatever they are doing to give me the attention I want.
    Last edited by Rare; 05-20-2013 at 09:18 AM.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Yeah, I don't think I have run an elite pug since jarl in season two. Just not worth it the way things are currently set up. I think this is a serious flaw of the game. It makes it really hard to play the game casually or to meet people. You can't just log on and do one or two elite runs. It takes a while to form a party, and once you get a party going it is a little disappointing to everyone if you leave after one or two runs. I know I unfortunately somewhat hold a grudge if someone leaves my party after a run or two (unless an close friend) and this is not healthy. I also find it hard to meet new people. I too often find myself logging on and the quickly leaving if none of my farming partners are on, similar to aedenos. Also it is very hard to meet new people to farm with that are outside your guild. Unless you develop a system that better enables people to develop social networks and play together, people will stop playing and this game will die. I myself am seriously considering quitting after most of my in game friends have already left and it is much harder to make new friends in game than it was in season 1 or 2 when pugs were a much more viable option. STS, I think this is something you need to seriously consider and quickly address for the overall health of this game.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to drgrimmy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I'm not going to lie. Its gotten really bad. The game is almost unplayable for me at times. Sure, its great when guildies are on. At those times when I'm playing though, and they aren't, its dreadful.

The last few days. If I log in, and no guildies are on. I check CS, then log out. In fact, just to actually get some game time in I spent 30 minutes yesterday hopping around to different elite maps JUST TO FIND A PUG. Its really not working guys. I personally would love to see some statistics for the number of players versus the number of players that run elite maps on a consistent basis. I don't have any numbers to support, but, as expected, it seems to have gotten considerably worse after the introduction of the plat dungeon.

I'm sure there are number of people that don't have this problem. However, for the vast majority, it is a very real issue. And it is very discouraging.

There is no lobby that you can go to to find pugs. There are a number of maps I would run, but I'm not going to spend 1/4 of my gaming time just finding a pug that may or may not fail. Lets say, for example, there are 10 different maps to run. There are 8 people trying to run these maps. Its very likely 4 of them will not find eachother.

Additionally, if I run a map with a group, it doesn't necessarily mean I want to add them to my FL. I don't know after one map if they are the type of person I'd run with. And with no ability to remake maps and follow people, there is no real opportunity to meet new people to grow your friend list with capable bodies.

Let me also add this. What does it say about elite maps in general when you go to a popular elite map in the latest campaign (Mt. Spyre) and it takes 20 minutes to get 3 more people to join? Please don't tell me I need a better guild. I've been playing this game since it was released. I've been in a couple very large guilds (KOI, Deviant Misfits). It is always the same problem. I have a lot of friends that run elite, a lot. And I have this problem. Imagine people that haven't been playing as long.

BTW, this is no knock on KOI (RIP) or DM. I love you guys. Great guilds. But we all know how it works. My clock is not the same as everyone else's clock. And I don't expect people to drop whatever they are doing to give me the attention I want.
    +10000

I couldn't have said it better.
    However if they implement it it will probably be 10 plat to go into the lobby and 50 plat to boot someone LOL
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Aedenous and drgrimmy make some valid points and i agree with you both 100%. Finding a decent party seems almost impossible lately because one of 3-4 things generally seem to happen, they are horrible and make you burn through hundreds of potions, they quit halfway through the map or just before or at the boss, they kill the boss before you can get back which has happened to me many many timesin public runs and sucks because you get nothing for all of your hard work and time.

Also when you combine this with the current loot system makes running elite even more frustrating, annoying and unrewarding.

One of the best ways to fix this is by combining the current party system with the one in both pocket and star legends.

This would allow you to create private runs if you want to by having a password or have it opened to the public but giving you the ability to boot players who do nothing but stand there or are doing or behaving badly.
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-21-2013 at 12:25 PM.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Asahetek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wowdah View Post
    +10000

I couldn't have said it better.
    However if they implement it it will probably be 10 plat to go into the lobby and 50 plat to boot someone LOL

Uh why would they start here when they never did it before in Pocket and Star legends ?
    Last edited by Asahetek; 05-21-2013 at 12:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Asahetek View Post
    Uh why would they start here when they never did it before in Pocket and Star legends ?
    it's arcane
    a.k.a spend real life money and plat !
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45216&d=1383296273

Ign: frynoodles

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

this needs a fresh bump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    250 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    this needs a fresh bump
    I agree. But I am giving up hope for any real change no comment from a Dev in a long, long time about this subject (well at least in AL time, not RL time ) and a whole bunch of recent updates really only focused on getting people to open crates and spend plat, aside from a few minor changes.... Why make a good party system when all you have to be good at in this game to be successful is to open a ton of crates and be massively lucky... Sorry for being a little cynical about things as I do want to keep the thread positive, but I just couldn't help myself...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by drgrimmy View Post
    I agree. But I am giving up hope for any real change no comment from a Dev in a long, long time about this subject (well at least in AL time, not RL time ) and a whole bunch of recent updates really only focused on getting people to open crates and spend plat, aside from a few minor changes.... Why make a good party system when all you have to be good at in this game to be successful is to open a ton of crates and be massively lucky... Sorry for being a little cynical about things as I do want to keep the thread positive, but I just couldn't help myself...
    What makes no sense is if there was a great join system I'd be spending a ton more plat. If I was constantly running elites (which I don't because it is WAY too frustrating to PUG elites when people bail halfway through, wasting 20 minutes of my time) I would be spending a lot more plat on luck elixirs. I'm sitting on a bunch of plat that I probably would have normally burned through much more rapidly. If there was a smooth way to run, PUG and meet new people I'd play more and spend more. From a business stand point it makes sense.

I can't quite figure out why the heels are being dug in re: giving us a better way to play and meet new people.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Well, I believe part of the problem is that there are 1100 views on this thread and only ~60 responses. Yet people pm me all the time in game saying they agree and I see people posting in other threads about it.

I could care less if I started this thread or someone else. I just want it to change. And that isn't going to happen unless there are a lot of people asking for it unfortunately.
    Last edited by Rare; 06-03-2013 at 07:54 AM.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Add one more to that list.

AL's party system needs a serious revamp. Like others above me have stated, its hard finding a pug and, in my experience, more than describable when that person leaves in the middle of a long elite run (once had a pick up group warrior leave in the middle of a Hall of Valheim run :O).

I understand that the boot system might be abused (like I could boot everyone out of an elite map just before the boss is dead) but you, STS, could just disable booting in elites or something along those lines.

I'm an AL person and recently checked out PL...its party system was darn close to perfect. I love it. We need AL's party system changed. The way it is currently is pathetic. I mean, I guess its nice and all to meet new people, blah, blah, but sometimes its just plain annoying.

I know I rambled, sorry if I strayed too far off from the topic.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Alhuntrazeck For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

This is like "waiting on Godot" sigh