Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well said tyger

2.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #62
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Warriors should be behind Rogues and Sorcerers in DPS, they were always meant to be have the least damage output and instead be the hardest to kill. And Warrior mana costs are still much lower than the Rogue, just not half anymore. Essentially, if you want to spam Chestsplitter and Skyward Smash now, you have to do something to compensate for your higher mana cost.

Here are a few things that will help

Put some points in Intelligence
    Drink a Mana potion
    Group with a Sorcerer that has trained and use Empowered Lifegiver
    Get a pet that helps with Mana regeneration or increase Intelligence
    Train and use Vengeful Blood

None of those will let you become completely independent of Mana again, but that was never the intent in the first place. In the meantime, we will keep monitoring game play and feedback to see if we have to make more adjustments but it's definitely too early to say.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    561 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Warriors should be behind Rogues and Sorcerers in DPS, they were always meant to be have the least damage output and instead be the hardest to kill. And Warrior mana costs are still much lower than the Rogue, just not half anymore. Essentially, if you want to spam Chestsplitter and Skyward Smash now, you have to do something to compensate for your higher mana cost.

Here are a few things that will help

Put some points in Intelligence
    Drink a Mana potion
    Group with a Sorcerer that has trained and use Empowered Lifegiver
    Get a pet that helps with Mana regeneration or increase Intelligence
    Train and use Vengeful Blood

None of those will let you become completely independent of Mana again, but that was never the intent in the first place. In the meantime, we will keep monitoring game play and feedback to see if we have to make more adjustments but it's definitely too early to say.

Vengeful, as my officer bastok showed me is more of a setup move now..you have to get hit to get back ur mana. now its not an automatic regen like before..so tanks can actually tank...as for mages im still figuring that one out.
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=54483&dateline=131136  6901
    PL-Ghosts | SL-DL-AL- Ghost | SL-DL-AL-Octavos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

I tested a bit and I say the mana depletion is a shock at first but still it's the first hour so I try a few respecs, pets and gear.
    Don't cry before u tested every possility to boost ur character.
    I understand that before warriors never had to think about mana and ofc that had to be nerfed

Of course I will test on my Mage and rogue, too to see what changes the update brought.
    In all, Ty for ur efforts. It is still too early to complain lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ty swede,
    the whole point of mana is ultimately able to give damage to the opponent,since the warriors still damage the same as before the update n after too,which infact tipped the balance against the warrior class.now warriors have to worry about mana n take pots and still yield the same damage as before.now it costs to even be able to yield the axe

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

I like the concept in pve for ve.. but ita completed destroyed the warrior in pvp.. rouges were alreqdy destroying us..now they just don't hit us while we are buffed, run around since our damage input is terrible now, and once we use skills and they don't hit us we have to run looking for mana pot while getting blasted by arrows, ive tried clyde for mana, but damage is so terrible we can't kill anybody anymore...unless they have weak gear...:/
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lancerlots View Post
    With new VB it is impossible to tank mobs unless you use tons of mana pots. Mobs I used to handle pretty easily are now difficult and require copious use of mana pots. Neutered is correct!!!
    sigh, having problem drinking a lil or more potions? rogues have been drinking bottomless pots from the start.

1= more blue potions to drink
    mob= less to none blue pots,

ive tested vengefull in tombs, it fulls quickly if you have tons of mob hitting on you. the more mobs you tank the more you mana gets replinished. with this the tanking concept gets more intresting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Hop
    Quote Originally Posted by Cero View Post
    sigh, having problem drinking a lil or more potions? rogues have been drinking bottomless pots from the start.

1= more blue potions to drink
    mob= less to none blue pots,

ive tested vengefull in tombs, it fulls quickly if you have tons of mob hitting on you. the more mobs you tank the more you mana gets replinished. with this the tanking concept gets more intresting.
    Cero, I agree with pve we should use pots, I never have...however, in pvp we can't usepots, and with our damage output nerfed, we can't kill anybody, our skills that produce little damage, have slow cd, our dps is lowest and does little damage as well...rouges create about 400% more damage now yet we obly have 150% more health... its so not balanced
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by embarm View Post
    Ty swede,
    the whole point of mana is ultimately able to give damage to the opponent,since the warriors still damage the same as before the update n after too,which infact tipped the balance against the warrior class.now warriors have to worry about mana n take pots and still yield the same damage as before.now it costs to even be able to yield the axe
    Embarm I appreciate that you may be tired of warriors with infinite mana. Except Swede already admitted that the exact stats might need to be tweaked a bit (Maybe cooldown/mana return????????? Maybe?) and that is enough to satisfy me for now. Your posts have been kind of confusing and hard to read btw, but either way I see your point.
    -I do however, take offense to the low/cheeky tip "drink a mana potion", mature Swede. I do put points in my intelligence, the fact remians that simple intelligence boosts to mana arent enough to accomodate for the fact that warriors have to spam moves like smash and splitter to have an effective damage output when they are soloing. Not everyone has the opportunity to play with an elite team/allocate an effective mana regen pet. (PVP?)
    - I personally have accepted my manaless fate. However, I genuinely think Spacetime might end up losing a healthy percentage of new players to good, old fashioned frustration as yesterday's warrior was by far the easiest/funnest class to learn off of as a beginner and today it seems even more complicated to play than the other classes. I spam all of my Sorcs skills in mobs and never seem to run out of mana with the help of full lifegiver and my high sorc DPS, will lifegiver be brought to the chopping block next?
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-12-2013 at 06:46 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

TY tyger,
    I m playing AL a fairly new player,but i m level 26 warrior class,and no i am not fed up with infinite mana as well.
    the point i am trying to make is that its good that the game developers and testers want to make the warrior class more in tune with the other two classes with respect to mana usage,but the real problem is warriors still return the same minimum damage as before this change occured,it does the same still,the only good thing with limitless mana is you are able to spam attacks to make up for the low damage on oppoents.
    this change is fairly well made for PvE,but in terms of PvP its purely terrible when you are PITTED against higher dps and only thing you can do is do your attack and then wait for the mana to generate.
    a smart opponent will not even hit you back during buff period and neither can the warrior use any pot in there,so just die and restart and you get full lol

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

this is gonna be a whole learning week. figuring things out over again LOL

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

-Slightly increased Mana cost on Warrior abilities.

-Warriors now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.

O come on! Why would warriors want dexterity now? lol
    Please change this to intelligence. Warriors dont care about dodging
    Last edited by Nananana; 03-12-2013 at 07:02 PM.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nananana For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • Respecs are now free through Monday, March 18th.
    • New Explore option available on the Dragon's Jewel Ship:
      • Two new normal and Elite maps to explore!
      • New Kraken Mines Area!
      • New Elite Loot!
      • New Bosses!
    • Warrior:
      • Warrior abilities with Taunt are now more effective.
      • The range upgrade for Windmill now also includes a Taunt effect.
      • 'Vengeful Blood' has been changed to debuff nearby enemies, which will replenish the mana and health of anyone they attack while debuffed.
      • Warriors now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.
      • Slightly increased Mana cost on Warrior abilities.
      • Rebalanced Windmill damage and fixed a bug with Windmill that could cause extra damage.
    • Sorcerer:
      • Sorcerers now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.
      • Increased damage of the Ignite upgrade on the Sorcerer's Fireball ability.
      • Buying the dodge upgrade to the Sorcerer's Time Shift ability now also increases initial damage.
    • Rogues:
      • Rogues now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Intelligence.
    • Bug fixes:
      • All banners can now be put in your stash.
      • Kraken Skewer, Slicing Flintlocks, Flamberge and Blackbeards Hooks have had their damage output buffed.
      • Rare spawn Minibosses in the Elite version of Reef of the Ancient Mariner can now drop Elite loot.
      • Sully Scallywag in Windmoore Harbor has a rare chance to drop Elite loot.
      • Fixed a bug that would sometimes not allow pets to be auto-fed in the middle of combat.
      • Corrected a bug with Lifebane Rogue weapon damage output.
      • Corrected a bug with Shipmaster Axe Warrior weapon dodge proc.
      • Moved Shazbot slightly to not trip up new players in Windmoore. Also added a clone in the first dungeon of Brackenridge.
      • Removed bush at beginning of Brackenridge Village Elite dungeon that would grab pet agro and start timer.
      • Removed an elite mob from the normal version of Arcanum Castle.
      • Loki will no longer heal enemies.
    Does Lifebane Rogue weapon damage output means Life Thief? Or is it another weapon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

I havn't had a chance to test all the rogue daggers in game yet since this patch but my comment is based on my assumption.

So assuming that lifethiefs now accurately represent it's stats, which means depraved daggers are the best now next to arcane hooks?
    I can totally understand that you guys are a company and need to make revenue to keep this game up and running but shouldn't the best daggers for the avg Joe be lootable in an elite map? or at least have identical stats to the best elite daggers but here instead the best daggers for the average person can only be looted off watch crates or be bought off the ah/another player.

I personally don't like this change nor do I feel that the life thiefs needed a nerf. Slicing flintlooks should have been upgraded with identical stats to the lifethiefs or a new dagger could have been introduced to be on par with these. It's really gonna suck for those players who saved a hard earned 1.5-2m+ b/c now l25 alps are down to 300k if not lower.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Angry 2013-03-12 Content Update 115460

Change Vengeful Blood back to the way it was please. It was so much better like that. I really don't like the change and won't be playing if it stays like this. I also think a vote should be done to decide new changes to the classes.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Tourea For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Loki will no longer heal enemies? That's hilarious. *Imagines toon beating on pet for aiding and abetting the enemy.*
    2.718281828459045235360287471352662497757247093699 95957496696762772407663035354759457138217852516642 74274663919320030599218174135966290435729003342952 60595630738132328

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

"None of those will let you become completely independent of Mana again, but that was never the intent in the first place." -Swede

But why shouldn't we be able to spec the warrior to be mana independent? I have one avatar for each class and I've noticed that while there is definitely a mana potion imbalance, it is not necessarily a game breaking or unfair imbalance. Warriors are expected to tank and grab aggro in almost all team situations anyways and so they end up using the most health potions overall (aside from emergency situations for rogue/sorc) (again this is in my experience).

-The rogue has a rather potent medic ability (Plus an offensive skill with a great chance to heal; SP) that allows it to instantly heal, the sorc has instant lifegiver heal with great regen, the warrior has a Heal over time horn for team support which is useful but is often too slow to give the warrior much health relief for more than 3-5 sec and the horn fully upgraded only gets you more aggro.

-I've found personally that the health potion usage of the warrior is a trade off for its ultimate tankng ability in tough battles (This is especially true in kraken isles levels). While the rogue mana potion usage seems to be a simple trade off for it's high damage output and extremely deadly skills like Aimed and Shadow.
    - I don't really see why developers saw it fit to shake things up so much? Being that both classes have to semi-spam at least one type of potion to do their "JOB" nowadays.

-I can see the theory behind changing veng to make it more strategic/team oriented, but it also got totally nerfed and now that I've just played all my avatars for a few hrs I find the whole "waahhh you don't have to use any mana potions" argument to be an extremely ridiculous reason for pwning the warrior so badly. It seems as if SS has swung the bat with perfect mechanics, but missed the ball...
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-12-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Very excited to see all the changes and particularly very happy that STS encourage different builds for each class.

Question One: Is it true that Sorcerer's lifegiver attracts aggro from mobs/bosses?
    Question Two: Will I be able to maintain/getting better survivability if switches to Dex instead of Int?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

not complaining about the actual changes to vengeful blood itself, because infinite mana probably shouldn't fly, but rather how long it took to be instituted. I wouldn't have put so many hours into this game had I had any inclination this was in the works. I honestly didn't think much of it, considering AL is a casual mmo. kinda disenchanting to make such a game changing modification to a skill this late when the issue it's fixing has been there since day one. at no point in the game has mana ever been an issue for a warrior, so I feel it should have been addressed sooner if anything was going to be done about it. the game went through 2 level cap raises and content expansions and the skill is just now being changed? welp.
    Last edited by elbowroom; 03-12-2013 at 08:42 PM.
    red, white, blue's in the skies. summer's in the air and baby, heaven's in your eyes.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by meanakric View Post
    Very excited to see all the changes and particularly very happy that STS encourage different builds for each class.

Question One: Is it true that Sorcerer's lifegiver attracts aggro from mobs/bosses?
    Question Two: Will I be able to maintain/getting better survivability if switches to Dex instead of Int?
    I seem to recall reading somewhere that any form of "skill healing" may draw aggro, especially instances of AOE heal. I've had bosses in the tombs often shift towards me after dropping an extremely clutch, charged LG. However I was most likely throwing lightning bolts and fireballs right before that so I can't be positive it was the heal. Still I would say 75% sure YES on that first question. Although its nagging me in the back of my mind that I might have heard the heal/aggro tip while playing Star Legends as an engineer. Sorry I can't be a bit more concrete, Swede can probably help you though.

PS: elbowroom, I just realised that your point is actually what bother's me most haha I have just gotten to used to old Veng and it isn't really any of the player's faults that they have become accustomed to it. It's a pretty extreme and unannounced change. Also I feel the other classes got a much better deal in terms of what this update took/gave than the warrior haha
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-12-2013 at 08:56 PM.