Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Yup, free respec's till Monday

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

this looks like a good update.

with the new bonus from the "off" attribute, this opens up a lot of options for pet

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    Yes, the more people you have hitting you, that are affected by Vengeful Blood, the more health and mana you get back. If you have 5-7 enemies hitting you, you'll fill your mana up in no time. Also, Vengeful Blood gives more mana and health per hit in PvP, since you don't tend to get hit by so many targets as quickly there, so it should still be good in PvP. Of course this is a bit of a different type of skill and the first time we're doing something like this, so numbers might have to be adjusted. I really like the gameplay of it though, it rewards the Warrior for clever use of his skills. Before it was just kind of brain dead, use it every time it's off cooldown and you'll never run out of mana, not balanced or interesting.
    Trying this now (re: use veng, then use taunt skills) - but my initial reaction is even with a swarm of mobs around me, it's not producing near enough mana regen (less than 25% of my pool). Anyone else having better luck?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Dear Devs,

Here is a switch, i have nothing to complain about! Good job and thanks!
    The Collective - Toa Aiga

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Terrific! Lots of experimenting ahead with the free respecs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

So Mines are the new Tombs, and the other two new maps are elite maps?

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

R.I.P. Vengeful Blood
    First Off: I understand the motivation and theory behind the changes made to Vengeance (making it more strategic/team friendly). The execution of the change however, has been extremely poor thus far and makes me (A devout AL member specializing in the warrior class) simply want to stop playing.
    -The concept behind the debuff effect is interesting, but after testing in-game I feel a complete crippling of my mana regeneration unless I am getting wailed on. Even when getting wailed on, the altered Vengeance eventually forces the warrior class to resort to mana potion spamming during even the most basic of encounters. Plus you have to worry about your health when you are trying to focus on taunting nd regaining mana for your next barrage.
    -I'm sorry, I don't think players like me who have invested 5 points in what used to be a very useful skill and decked themsleves in full Int boosting armor should have to worry all that much about mana and I think most will agree with me.
    -I tediously catered my warrior build so that I would only really have to worry about my health & I sacrificed 5 skill points that could have gone into +dmg / full windmill to obtain that very luxury. If I have to rebuild and simply cast vengeance aside I guess I'll survive, but as it sits the altered skill has ruined the warrior class for me and the guildies I have talked to so far.
    -Also who's idea was it to cripple the Warrior's only surefire mana regen resource while simultaneously increasing ALL skill mana costs in the same update? Seems like a double sucker punch to me. Believe me, Rogues had enough advantages in PvP prior to this update. Warrios have not been balanced, they have been neutered.
    I had to get that off of my chest, sorry for the length. Thx if you read, kudos if you understood.

8.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #48
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Weagledan View Post
    Trying this now (re: use veng, then use taunt skills) - but my initial reaction is even with a swarm of mobs around me, it's not producing near enough mana regen (less than 25% of my pool). Anyone else having better luck?
    What level are they versus you? If you don't take any damage because you're testing against low level mobs, you won't get as much mana.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

abit disappointed...

Hooks get great buff...even with nerf alp, rogue can turn to depraved for better dps

warrior abys weapon get buff which is also superior than their predecssor, vorpal.

now...i m still using the clever flam assault for better dps...

is there some problem?

11.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #50
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    R.I.P. Vengeful Blood
    First Off: I understand the motivation and theory behind the changes made to Vengeance (making it more strategic/team friendly). The execution of the change however, has been extremely poor thus far and makes me (A devout AL member specializing in the warrior class) simply want to stop playing.
    -The concept behind the debuff effect is interesting, but after testing in-game I feel a complete crippling of my mana regeneration unless I am getting wailed on. Even when getting wailed on, the altered Vengeance eventually forces the warrior class to resort to mana potion spamming during even the most basic of encounters. Plus you have to worry about your health when you are trying to focus on taunting nd regaining mana for your next barrage.
    -I'm sorry, I don't think players like me who have invested 5 points in what used to be a very useful skill and decked themsleves in full Int boosting armor should have to worry all that much about mana and I think most will agree with me.
    -I tediously catered my warrior build so that I would only really have to worry about my health & I sacrificed 5 skill points that could have gone into +dmg / full windmill to obtain that very luxury. If I have to rebuild and simply cast vengeance aside I guess I'll survive, but as it sits the altered skill has ruined the warrior class for me and the guildies I have talked to so far.
    -Also who's idea was it to cripple the Warrior's only surefire mana regen resource while simultaneously increasing ALL skill mana costs in the same update? Seems like a double sucker punch to me. Believe me, Rogues had enough advantages in PvP prior to this update. Warrios have not been balanced, they have been neutered.
    I had to get that off of my chest, sorry for the length. Thx if you read, kudos if you understood.
    You got full int boosting armor previous to this patch? Without any investment in to intelligence at all, and with just a filled out Vengeful Blood, I literally couldn't run out of mana before this patch. I never had to drink a mana potion, ever. That was broken and not fair since the other classes did, even with points in intelligence. In fact the mana cost for the Warrior's abilities were almost half that of the Rogue's.

I'm sorry that you don't like the change but it's not going back to what it was. Numbers can be adjusted if we feel they need to be but I have to say that as I'm testing it, I'm never forced to spam mana pots. Yes I have to drink some now and then but that was the intent, one class never having to use mana pots was poor implementation on our part.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Swede For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    INT is INT whether it comes from points spent to raise the stat, passive or from items.
    yes same improvements.. for every 1INT point +0,02 crit and +5hp;
    Last edited by Uzii; 03-12-2013 at 04:39 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

What level are they versus you? If you don't take any damage because you're testing against low level mobs, you won't get as much mana.
    Thanks for the reply Swede - I'm level 26 running on the Kraken Isle maps (not elite). I'll try some elite runs and see how the regen changes. Thanks again

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Oh snap. Just Monday I bought a L25 Captain's Axe of Assault (15 dex) instead of the similarly priced Captain's Axe of Potency (15 int). Of course, after the Vengeful Blood nerf, the latter's a lot more valuable.

Good job on the new Vengeful Blood mechanics! I love the concept. The numbers on it may or may not need some tweaking, I'm reserving judgment on that until I've used it more. Does anyone else think its AOE animation is a little too fast, though? I find it a bit distracting, but I'm pretty sensitive to these things.

Overall, great update, keep it up.

16.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #54
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Yes the Mines are the Kraken Isles version of the Tombs or Crypts. There are no elite versions of the Mines.

The other two new maps have elite versions.

Have fun!
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

With new VB it is impossible to tank mobs unless you use tons of mana pots. Mobs I used to handle pretty easily are now difficult and require copious use of mana pots. Neutered is correct!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne:1004725
    Quote Originally Posted by bronislav84 View Post
    Yes the Mines are the Kraken Isles version of the Tombs or Crypts. There are no elite versions of the Mines.

The other two new maps have elite versions.

Have fun!
    Thanks for explaining that Sam. So the other two maps are just new maps, and also have elite versions.

AL Kar | PL/SL Karaai | DL/AL Karai | SL Karaii | AL Karwar | PL Squishybirdie | PL Gotnorange

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

You got full int boosting armor previous to this patch? Without any investment in to intelligence at all, and with just a filled out Vengeful Blood, I literally couldn't run out of mana before this patch. I never had to drink a mana potion, ever. That was broken and not fair since the other classes did, even with points in intelligence. In fact the mana cost for the Warrior's abilities were almost half that of the Rogue's.

I'm sorry that you don't like the change but it's not going back to what it was. Numbers can be adjusted if we feel they need to be but I have to say that as I'm testing it, I'm never forced to spam mana pots. Yes I have to drink some now and then but that was the intent, one class never having to use mana pots was poor implementation on our part.
    "I'm sorry that you don't like the change but it's not going back to what it was." Easy there, no apology necessary.
    {PS: I was simply talking about armor with a primary str boost and a secondary int boost (The old school Demonlord of Will set). Essentially I choose to forego dex boosts to dodge and crit so that I would always have enough mana to reliably use my skills for PVE.}
    -I miss the old "vengeful roids" effect, but I don't expect to get it back. It does seem however, that a better balancing tactic would have been to simply lower the mana recharge rate of vengeful blood / up the mana cost of all skills. That would have achieved the potion use balance without raising as much of an issue with lenghty cooldown times.
    -The changes aren't really the problem at all and I dig the concept of a more tatcful skill. Its just that my build has simply been driven extinct by a single update and it has made me lose interest in playing as a warrior. The whole draw of the warrior was that it was slow at killing, but could fight steadily throughout a battle without bottoming out on health or mana. The rogue was the exact opposite, fighting in quick devastating bursts and depending on clever skill use and crit dmg to win battles quickly before it lost all steam.
    -It doesn't seem all that fair to give the rogue and warrior nearly identical mana wells because the rogue can simply do more dmg with fewer skills and incredibly frequent criticals.
    -Essentially your point about balancing the potion issue is entirely valid but in trying to balance it another imbalance has sprung up.
    -Taking two classes, one of which uses mana far more efficiently than the other (in terms of damage/mana) and giving them similiar mana wells creates yet another imbalance.
    -Vengeful blood in its current state simply doesnt accomodate for that mana efficiency imbalance because you have to take damage from a deadly enemy/rogue to get a decent mana return.
    Furthermore it seems that in the process of trying to balance things the updates are slowly taking away what gives each class their specific edge. This is all my humble opinion and I realise that I'm speaking in generalities + I am no expert/senior contributor.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Tyger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Awesome update!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Warrior like have been cook after update

Awesome for other class

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Samhayne; 03-12-2013 at 05:58 PM.
    IF YOU IS NOT PART OF THE SOLUTION,
    YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Ty swede,for the statements you put regarding the warrior class abilities being removed to come to terms n make it reasonable with other classes ,so i think the warrior classes ability of damage n dps too should be revised,since with the best gears available too the warriors will fall way short by a mile or two in damage n dps compared to rogue's n sorcerer's