Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-12 Content Update (115460)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    188 Posts

Gentlemen,

Can we give this update at least 24-48 hours and 5-6 respecs before we call fail? I believe the concept isn't totally 100% off base.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Zuzeq For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Yes, I definitely like to know the concrete answer for this, since they asked warrior to group with a Sorcerer that has trained and use Empowered Lifegiver, I DON'T WANT TO DIE for casting Lifegiver on other party members!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    149 Posts

Yay for free respecs

Eww new vengeance update...
    Last edited by Jcyee; 03-12-2013 at 10:37 PM.
    Jcyee: 76 PL Bear | 41 AL Warrior | 36 DL Vampire

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zuzeq View Post
    Gentlemen,

Can we give this update at least 24-48 hours and 5-6 respecs before we call fail? I believe the concept isn't totally 100% off base.
    The CONCEPT is the only thing I condone and I've said that throughout the thread, the circumstances however as result of the game being a certain way for so long and the warrior needing certain things to survive in PVP nowadays make the whole thing kinda outrageous.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Really good Update but you are really killing Warrior in PVP... real stupid... I'll be leaving this game after I've spent so much time and money..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

i just wanted to thank you personally for destorying A.L ill be playing D.L smfh great game then you ruin everything

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

So much win on this update!

Thanks sam and dev ..

Maybe my little contribution is try be on the look out on Vengefuls cooldown time maybe shortening it a bit will compensate and be more usefull justa tad bit...

But overall liking the update so much..

BUFF ON HOOK BEST THING EVER!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

basically you cant have dodge now because your tanks mana does not regen wth were you guys thinking ? idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKILIOS View Post
    basically you cant have dodge now because your tanks mana does not regen wth were you guys thinking ? idiots
    Agreed, that's the main reason for completely destroying the dodge buff on the captain's axe from 80% to 8%....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKILIOS View Post
    lol chill out, if dodge doesnt work then why shove it in more?
    though i get your point and also bringing up shield is a matter of hp or mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Great patch. Lots of big bugs fixed :-)

... But then omg VB is really so weak now.
    For 1 warrior pvm its ok. 2+ warriors in game / fighting vs boss, and it sux.
    In pvp i was able to god fight 1vs1 vs god rogue or sorc... And output was 50:50.... Now i can only fight in groups, mainly as tank :-\ . 10 kills -> 3 kills. 5 deads -> 7 deads.

For pvm we can make god party with 1 tank, and its ok. But then its ridicolous i cant play with warriors friends... Oh well few mana pots who cares :-)
    But pvp its really from heaven to hell. Now i fell more like Big Shield who need find someone to beat him god, to regain mana, and use old offensiv spell close to enemy, more like deff buff/debuff lol,....

Debuf from VB should be re-cast like taunts, or have bigger debuff area, or lover VB cooltime with ofc decreasing vb effects durations... No idea...
    Adding big cost of mana + taking main mana buff is just too much for pvp.
    Last edited by ishyrionek; 03-13-2013 at 12:24 AM.
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to ishyrionek For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

this is just so lame.. why remove warrior's mana buffs if you're just gonna increase the mana requiremets of each skill.. warriors are now food for kills for having no mana easily.. even though u have 1k plus armor and 4k health wont matter if u cant release skills for no mana.. please fix this..

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BenjOfDeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Tried playing my warrior and am using more pots than my rogue. At least with my rogue I can use my normal attacks and still be effective. With my warrior I'm basically rotating between hitting the health or mana pots just to stay alive. Won't even dare play PVP as I know I would be killed in seconds.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to gunshadow For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Epic update this is the kind of attention your games deserve =)
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Make the entire game not so potion dependent.
    Last edited by rabidcanary; 03-13-2013 at 02:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by H2N View Post
    • Respecs are now free through Monday, March 18th.
    • New Explore option available on the Dragon's Jewel Ship:
      • Two new normal and Elite maps to explore!
      • New Kraken Mines Area!
      • New Elite Loot!
      • New Bosses!
    • Warrior:
      • Warrior abilities with Taunt are now more effective.
      • The range upgrade for Windmill now also includes a Taunt effect.
      • 'Vengeful Blood' has been changed to debuff nearby enemies, which will replenish the mana and health of anyone they attack while debuffed.
      • Warriors now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.
      • Slightly increased Mana cost on Warrior abilities.
      • Rebalanced Windmill damage and fixed a bug with Windmill that could cause extra damage.
    • Sorcerer:
      • Sorcerers now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Dexterity.
      • Increased damage of the Ignite upgrade on the Sorcerer's Fireball ability.
      • Buying the dodge upgrade to the Sorcerer's Time Shift ability now also increases initial damage.
    • Rogues:
      • Rogues now receive improved bonuses from increasing their Intelligence.
    • Bug fixes:
      • All banners can now be put in your stash.
      • Kraken Skewer, Slicing Flintlocks, Flamberge and Blackbeards Hooks have had their damage output buffed.
      • Rare spawn Minibosses in the Elite version of Reef of the Ancient Mariner can now drop Elite loot.
      • Sully Scallywag in Windmoore Harbor has a rare chance to drop Elite loot.
      • Fixed a bug that would sometimes not allow pets to be auto-fed in the middle of combat.
      • Corrected a bug with Lifebane Rogue weapon damage output.
      • Corrected a bug with Shipmaster Axe Warrior weapon dodge proc.
      • Moved Shazbot slightly to not trip up new players in Windmoore. Also added a clone in the first dungeon of Brackenridge.
      • Removed bush at beginning of Brackenridge Village Elite dungeon that would grab pet agro and start timer.
      • Removed an elite mob from the normal version of Arcanum Castle.
      • Loki will no longer heal enemies.
    Sam,

AS I spent the last 5-6 hours testing all the changes on my warrior Darkko. I had an open Mind with this, and this is my conclusion as pretty much most tanks out there as you can see from this thread.

PVE... I like the concept as a tank is supposed to take damage, however when we taunt we are constantly having to mash mana/and pots, and barely have time to use a skill whatsoever...AT least in PL, bear and the pull jump up and smash a group. SOme type of skill. we cannot take on groups at all anymore, and our damage output is so low its ridiculous. Yes I understand ROuges and mages have higher DPS, i get that. but I saw a rouge today with a DPS of 431. A warrior can get around 207ish tops right now after update... thats hardly a balance. But warriors should have high damage. (not DPS) THe output on MAna and life is really a joke as far as the numbers, especialy in PVP.

PVP I played several horus in 1 vs 1 matches . Keep in mind i have all end game gear INCLUDING mythic helm with lvl 26 pets. ROuges completely DESTROYED warrior after warrior after warrior. it was utterly ridiciculous. They are still hitting 2000-3000 on crit, and we get to hit 200-400. how is that at all even close to being fair or balanced. OUr health isnt that high 4000-4500 with the damage output that rouges are putting out. Warriors now are getting maybe 1-3 kills a game, while rouges are 40-70. I played a game today with one of my members that got 53. I got 1. A warrior vs warrior battle now is like a two hour long epic battle, because nobody can produce any type of damage whatsover. Ill take 1000 damage, man ill take 500 at this point. SO basically it looks like this

Rouge vs warrior Rouge has more damage, more dodge, more crit, more bonus damage, more dps, faster CD
    Warrior has more Health and armor... (thats balanced??)
    ***now lets look at the skills
    shadow piercer (75 mana 2 sec CD) 152-190 dmg, increased on crit 10% reduction in armor (75% of getting 10% health) plus quick multiple strike

noxious bolt (61 mana 2 sec CD) 152-190 dmg + poison up to addiontal 25% of damage

Razor SHield (75 mana, 20 CD) 54-67 damage EVERY SECOND, increased 20% dodge (which they are already good in) plus they get the awesome power of removing all effects.8 seconds total damage.

Aimed shot (61 mana, 2 sec cd) 197-246 and increased on crit (increase 10%, you can up that to 250% on crit, plus you increase the chances of crit, PLUS the armor is reduced by 15%)

Ill skip shoadow and trap.... COmbat Medic (47 mana 15 CD) 25% health, increase by 15%, , plus self healer, , PLUS heal over time...

now lets see warriors skills (if you want to call it that)

Skyward Smash (66.8 mana, 4 sec CD), 259-354, increase in crit10% increase in damage, 25% chance of stun
    Chest Splitter (61.8 maan, 3 sec CD), 259-354, and they have a chance to disoriean them (which rouges can get out of, but you have to sacrafice wither windmill or smash to get it)
    Windmill (75.9 mana, 10 sec CD?? ) 224-280 damage up to 3 times 15% damage increase, snare
    AXEthrow is useless, as rarely anybody uses it
    Juggernaunt is cool, but than yoru basically a tank and have no offesneive firepower at all since ur dps sucks, and you have to have vengeful and horn or yoru dead)
    rally cry (very cool but we can only have 4 skills so its pointless unless yoru running flags)
    vengeful (25% increase in crit, 25% damage output, and 50+ in strength) even with that we cant kill anybody, and horn, yay we get a two second shield (compare that with the ridiculous mage shield), (15 sec cd), 350-437 6 times.(over 8 seconds)

so lets do the mathI have 4559 health while in vengeful. thats 15 seconds.. we will go off that time frame. HOrn basically gives me 2400 over 8 seconds which is roughly 46% of my health. in the same 15 second time frame a rouge used combat medic.. which each pack is 25% of their life. 3 packs equal 75% of their life. thats not including if they have self heal, and heal over time. I saw a rouge today with 2500 health. so when it comes to heal a rouge can heal itself from 75%-100% , a warrior only about 50% according to the numbers)plus they are in control of their heal, warriors arent, and sometimes use it when they dont need it. so still on this 15 second time frame, , a rouge can hit you with piercer 175 damage 3 times (525) but they also reduced my armor 10%, and as if there medic wasnt enough they have a 75% chance of getting 10% life back. but they but razor shield on at the same time so you just got another 480 damage off as well, 2 sec later you get crit aimed shot, thats at least 1500, and again yoru armore is reduced 15% , so with those 4 skills we caused 2500 damage and reduced yoru armor by 25% in basically 5 seconds, times that by 3 for 15 seconds, you have 7500 damage,(and thats being generous since you can spam them since they all have 2 sec cd and you could really use all three in 3-4 seconds and not including the damge after the armor redection) and remeber our health was 4559+2400(for horn) 6959 total. This doesnt even INCLUDE the dps from just swinging the damn knives.so lets look at warrior, I get vengeful which increases damge 25%, so skyward will hit around 375-450, lets even say i hit a perfect windmill 280 damage 3 times with the 15%, thats 966 (but the 3 hits isnt even guaranteed), so basically in 5 seconds i cause 1391, say 1400 for argument sake. ill even lower rouge to 2000 health which is about average for what ive seen. they hve 600 life after my attack but since medic packs were out they just increased itback to 2000 very quickly. The next 5 seconds (windmill not usuable cause of 10 sec cd), lets even say they got no medic packs in first 10 seconds, i can only use skyward once more in that time frame, at 400. they are still alive... casue dps is so Loooow for warrior. the health we do get back from vengeful is a joke, i saw 22, 27, 28 today, what does that do when your getting hit with 4 digits. so lets review again

ROuge, more crit by far, more dodge by far, more dps by far, more damage by far, faster CD by far, more abilities for offensive skills by far (warrior only class that needs to use buff for skill, so we get two offensive slots) (rouges buff razor however causes damage as well) better health by far, (more life percentage given, and horn is SOOO slow)its funny how our skills also take up more mana, windmill (our most damaging skill takes 75.9 mana , and 10 sec CD, which is higher mana than ANY rouge skill) aimed shot, rouges best, is there lowest mana output at 61 for the offensive skills,(shouldnt this be highest mana output, and highest CD since its so damn damaging) . it would take me 40 seconds to produce the amount of damage they can in 4 seconds. I really hope this is looked at.. A lot of warriors are upset because we at least had a fighting chance with the so called "glitch". now we are pointless. at least when mages were weak they could still stand back and shoot and get kills. warriors cant do anything now. I spend a ton of money here , and am about to stop, because STS listens to people that twink , and say warriors are op, with absolutely no evidence whatsoever, and mostly rouges and mages are the ones who post on forums regularry. All we can do now, is put horn, and juggernaut , nix the offensive skills, and and run flags, cause thats all we are good at now........ :/ before update i was k/d 4168-2911. Now im 4174-2963 , thats 6-52 record lol with a few hours of 1 vs 1 which i always do and excelled at. those 6 wins were against 3 warriors (epic long battles), 2 mage (sorry cero and 1 rouge who was lvl 25. that is not balance in a 1 vs 1 atmosphere especially when i had such a good record prior and have been good in pvp ever since PL with my dex bear I honestly wonder if you guys look at the actual numbers cause how you have pumped up one class (rouges) and degraded another class (warriors) is appaling. I know this is just a test and the numbers need to be looked at, but I really hope you give the warrior a fighting chance... keep this also in mind (most players in AL are warriors) thats a lot of pissed off people. And also keep in mind warriors by far have the higest priced equipment in auction compared to other classes, so they are already at a disadvantage to begin with . I feel terrible for the warriors that cant afford good equipment, because today i was three seperate warriors myself included all with mythic end game gear, get oblierated. I couldnt imagane what those without that gear are going through.... my rants over, nothign will change, and we will probably get nerfed again because rouges will whine that we are still op (eventhough we never were)...
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Darko For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Darko - That is essentially the write up I wanted to do, but was too furious to write earlier without using profanity. Today I went as far as to not only test pvp, but also test all classes in PVE and noticed that warriors may not use many mana potions, but we use tons of health potions to tank for rogues and mages! Regardles, I really wanted to believe that I could live with the new Veng and that I could make it work in elite runs, but it is complete garbage and even with "small number tweaks" I don't see us ever being equal with the other classes in terms of general competitiveness and PVP play. Not to mention, playing NORMAL lvls is also frantic and awful now. Furthermore how are rogues and mages gonna depend on us to carry teams with our bulk and skills so severely crippled? This is going to effect pretty much every aspect of the game regardless of class or lvl!
    -I really hope more warriors begin to post their outrage and get the devs ATTENTION because I was pretty much being told that I knew NOTHING and at one point I was even mocked slightly when I tried to address the devs on how much this update has devastated my own Warrior PVE build an those of my guild mates. I'm lv 25 and had 8432 Kills/7 deaths. I died three times TODAY simply running through normal KRAKEN LVLS, with a buddy trying to test out the new vengeance system [8892/10 ;( ]. The new Veng and Captain's axe updates are BROKEN in all capitals and they take away any "OP" advantages that may have allowed warriors to once upon a time be competitive in PVP and comfortable in PVE. A mobile MMO should not be this stressful!

-The truly shameful thing about this whole situation IMO is that it is literally "illegal" in terms of the forum's banning rules for us to form any sort of movement or "petition" that would help players (Paying customers mind you) to demand that a service they spend money on actually be returned to a playable condition. I hope we aren't ignored because it is entirely fixable mishaps like this that often cause games (especially online MMOs) to develop a deteriorating fan base. I understand that the site needs to keep some form of it's own control over the game to ensure fairness and neutrality for all players, but shouldn't we as consumers have a bit of sway here?
    -I hope for the games sake that this whole incident gets resolved, even if I'm gone or banned by the time it actually gets fixed. Just think, over 1/3 of your players suddenly have a bitter taste in their mouth and are now carrying generally useless axes that they spent a pretty penny on. Slippery slope here for sure. Not to mention the entire reason for neutering the warrior class in this update was supposed to be "to return potion balance" and now there seems to be more actual GAME BREAKING imbalances than there ever were to begin with. Ruined my day man, may ruin the game and I wanted to sprint through Arlor FOREVER and EVER...

23. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tyger For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay nice update for rogues and mages thanks

BUT

SO UNFAIR FOR THE WARRIORS BUFFS DONT WORK MANA REGEN DOESN'T WORK AND MOST OF ALL WARRIORS ARE THE HARDEST PEOPLE TO KILL ON PVP CAUSE THEYRE TOUGH AND THEY SHOULD BE THOUGH THE CRITICAL WAS THE ONLY GLITCH in the game WHY REMOVE THE WARRIOR'S TOUGHNESS A LOT OF PEOPLE WILL BE QUITTING THIS GAME IF U DONT FIX THIS ASAP
    Another thing warriors doesn't need. Additional taunt skills taunt is already in one of the skill upgrades

Ribbit doesn't regenerate the mana and doesn't add critical strength

Plus rogues has two types bow and blade type why only update the bow type rogues
    Strength should have additional stats too for blade type rogues
    Not only Intelligence coz most of the players are blade type rogues

We will be quitting soon we bought millions of platinum for this game
    Fix this please coz we love this game till the update
    Last edited by Phoebehottie; 03-13-2013 at 04:31 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

PhoebeHottie,
    It is crazy refreshing to see an actual rogue no? Who would have the common sense to stand up for a fellow warrior. This is after all a TEAM/PARTY based adventure/social game and regardless of how seriously people take a "macho" metagame like PVP, the big impact people tend to miss is that weaker tanks are going to make every LEVEL that much harder for every player trying to get through the game or do Elites.
    If rogues thought mana potions were a problem, wait until they see the ammount of health potions they will be spamming without constant horn of renew support to buff them and give them invulnerability! Honestly my biggest problem is not with Veng itself, but with the fact that I can no longer heal my team when I need to without sacrificing ALL of my hammer and chest splitter damage output.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tyger View Post
    PhoebeHottie,
    It is crazy refreshing to see an actual rogue no? Who would have the common sense to stand up for a fellow warrior. This is after all a TEAM/PARTY based adventure/social game and regardless of how seriously people take a "macho" metagame like PVP, the big impact people tend to miss is that weaker tanks are going to make every LEVEL that much harder for every player trying to get through the game or do Elites.
    If rogues thought mana potions were a problem, wait until they see the ammount of health potions they will be spamming without constant horn of renew support to buff them and give them invulnerability! Honestly my biggest problem is not with Veng itself, but with the fact that I can no longer heal my team when I need to without sacrificing ALL of my hammer and chest splitter damage output.
    *hands Tyger a mana pot*

Try this, it might help.