Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: RIP Vengeful ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I like the new Vengeful Blood mechanics. I agree that mana should only be a minor concern for warriors, but the old version was plain broken. And if the new version really doesn't give enough mana? The devs can just increase the mana restored per attack - no need to revert it to the way it was.

But let's take some time to adapt, first. I tweaked my build a little and gave it a spin. I only ran out of mana a few times, partly due to poor skill timing. Luckily, I accumulated over 500 free mana potions from allies when the old VB was showering me in infinite mana.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by searchmeongoogle View Post
    What a shame , it's really time to say goodbye , I'm off from here warriors has nothing to do in here anymore else u make a rogue . Dmg has been nerf dramatic , vengs debuff is useless lol , as I see it in no time all the big donators same as me that play a warrior are gone. Have a good gaming try a diff builds I've try a couple really sucks.
    It's been all of two hours since the update...

For PvE this is a HUGE improvement! For PvP it is a bit of a nerfing, but with VB returning Mana+HP on damage, a VB + HoR + Windmill = Invincible Warrior - even after the so called nerf. All you do is complain about how Warriors are so useless, yet you don't realize that they are still the strongest class, but they actually require some tactics now instead of mash button like gorilla as it was before.

Mana+HP return with VB is a huge bonus! That doesn't even include the taunting ability in PvE. You still have your shielding and the Windmill range hasn't changed, so a well timed Windmill in a group can replenish a ton of HP and mana.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

3. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

Warrior could become a boost and heal class like a Priest or a doctor in PVP. But It is not very interesting in the long run.

For Pvp, I'll try a fugitive warrior:
    -Maxi dodge
    -speed movement with quickness and Shilo
    -rally cry
    -juggernaut
    -Horn of renew
    -Skyward.

About stats point, I'll invest in Dex and Int, without str we have a good HP 2000+. Now I search some dodge gears.

Indeed, what is the interest of having a lot of life If we hit like a fly with STR build. This is just a respite before death, especially in 1v1 vs good rogues and mages.This is more difficult to accept fight. When your Sp is down you only can make a normal hit and at this game we suck...

So if you have some suggestion of build with this update... Share!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    411 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleSage View Post
    This is a serious blow to VB. The mana boost was a key component to having an effective and powerful warrior able to use all his skills.

Given the current difficulty of elite mode minions and bosses we need this mana boost to effectively dish out our skills and damage effectively. Throw in our "tank" role and potting becomes increasing difficult not to mention expensive. Can't even HoR as much anymore which not only cripples the warrior, but entire parties as well that rely on it's healing and 2 brief seconds of invulnerability. This will affect the overall playability of the warrior. Who wants to play a character where you may be stuck normal attacking all the time?

I disagree with digitalbot on the gear balance. I'm wearing great gear (LVL 26 Legendary Will gear mind you) and the offset doesn't justify the use... especially with large mobs. For pure strength warriors, like myself, you will notice this immediately. My first go around in a normal run of Ancient Mariner Reef, with a party I found myself potting my mana ridiculously. Even when mobs were defeated I have to sit and wait for recharge and move forward. Again a blow to playability. It takes long enough to dig up a locked chest from an enemy let alone I shouldn't have to take pauses in the same stages for mana to recharge.

Bring back the mana buff, immediately... please.

agree, im not liking this change

edited: false statement without tryin, i just tried it, its not as bad as what people say lol
    it just brought me back to my old ways , no big deal
    Last edited by inkredible; 03-13-2013 at 01:55 AM.

Don't waste my time, don't waste yours

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Hey warriors, I'm sure until now you didn't know... But you can buy pots that replenish your mana. They are the blue ones.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sibayjing View Post
    Warrior could become a boost and heal class like a Priest or a doctor in PVP. But It is not very interesting in the long run.

For Pvp, I'll try a fugitive warrior:
    -Maxi dodge
    -speed movement with quickness and Shilo
    -rally cry
    -juggernaut
    -Horn of renew
    -Skyward.

About stats point, I'll invest in Dex and Int, without str we have a good HP 2000+. Now I search some dodge gears.

Indeed, what is the interest of having a lot of life If we hit like a fly with STR build. This is just a respite before death, especially in 1v1 vs good rogues and mages.This is more difficult to accept fight. When your Sp is down you only can make a normal hit and at this game we suck...

So if you have some suggestion of build with this update... Share!

Since VB heals mana and health now, I'm thinking of removing HOR for it's heal and measely 2 second armor and probably replace it Rally Cry. Windmill also taunts so HOR just doesn't seem as important anymore imo.

Thinking of the following, I'll give it a test as soon as I get a chance.

5 might
    5 vengeful
    5 juggernaut
    5 rally cry
    5 windmill

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts

My build suck in Pvp, the long-range attacks hurt me. (aimshot and mage gun)

I try your build but 4 in Juggernaut is sufficient (taunt effect is useless If we have the taunt from windmill)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sibayjing View Post
    My build suck in Pvp, the long-range attacks hurt me. (aimshot and mage gun)

I try your build but 4 in Juggernaut is sufficient (taunt effect is useless If we have the taunt from windmill)
    Let me know how it goes for you. I just tried it and died twice at elite southern seas map (I usually die more there since I don't bother potting in that map...and using poorman's gear). I didn't use any pots and we had 4 warriors in the party...

Using ripmaw for the health + mana regen and for the 3% damage reduction also.
    Last edited by earhole; 03-12-2013 at 07:40 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

With actually mechanism, vengfull should have taunt up with time duration, not windmill with range!!!!
    Release mana pets! Free again!
    How this debuff work? Its released, when you release vb in area of 4m? Or its release each 1,5 sec of vb duration in area of 6m? Or how?
    Last edited by ishyrionek; 03-12-2013 at 07:59 PM.
    AL: Ishyrionek (31 Warrior)
    AL: Ishyrion (30 Rogue)
    AL: Ishyrionus (30 Wizzard)
    BD: Ishyrion (7)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Okay changing the Vengeful Blood skill has made the game a lot more interesting for me, just a matter of planning when to use the right skills at the right time. However, when fighting against bosses like a 1 on 1 fight(or with teammates) i find this skill isn't sustainable in the long run especially when you're up against elite bosses that takes a considerable amount of time for them to die. This skill is only effective in large group of mobs, but against one boss... how much mana and health can I gain?

Unless, the duration of the skill cool down is shorten may be that might help? Well this is just my two cents worth.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Knightxblood For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Topic should be named "RIP Warrior Class" instead.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Knightxblood View Post
    Okay changing the Vengeful Blood skill has made the game a lot more interesting for me, just a matter of planning when to use the right skills at the right time. However, when fighting against bosses like a 1 on 1 fight(or with teammates) i find this skill isn't sustainable in the long run especially when you're up against elite bosses that takes a considerable amount of time for them to die. This skill is only effective in large group of mobs, but against one boss... how much mana and health can I gain?

Unless, the duration of the skill cool down is shorten may be that might help? Well this is just my two cents worth.
    I've ran in to the same situation. Against a large group of elite mobs, this new VB mana regen is ok. But against a group of normal mobs, they just die too quickly and I didn't get too much mana back. With the long cool down time of VB, I either have to spam mana pot during the cool down, or just spam normal attack.

in 1 on 1 situation like boss fights, the mana and health is just not much. Also, the range of the debuff is too small, so the long range mobs can still hit me without getting any mana regen. IMO, instead of debuffing the enemies, maybe they should just buff the player and allies around the player so they get mana back when they were hit. That way, range mobs can still regen mana.

Anyway, I think they just make this new VB change more complicated than it should be. They should have just stick with the old way but lower the amount of mana regen on each tick and call it a day.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Raxin View Post
    Its so hard.... To say gooooodbyeeeeeee to yesterdayyyyyyyyyyyyyy... :'(
    LOL I feel you bro.

Hurm, about this issue, how about decrease the VB cool down timer?
    http://www.spacetimestudios.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23078&d=1358418767
    FB: Wrathstorm L31 | Guild: Malaysian Pro (GM: Apai)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64 View Post
    I've ran in to the same situation. Against a large group of elite mobs, this new VB mana regen is ok. But against a group of normal mobs, they just die too quickly and I didn't get too much mana back. With the long cool down time of VB, I either have to spam mana pot during the cool down, or just spam normal attack.
    I noticed this too. I have to basically not attack at all and let them beat me up so I can get some mana.
    Picosecond(26)/Nanowire(10)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

I think the easy solution will be to go back to the same Mana consumption skills required before the update. I kinda do like the new Vengeful in the sense of gameplay mechanics. It does require you to time your skills more carefully. However in Elite maps when you have all that aggro fighting a mob and you're desperately trying to keep your health up by pot spamming and all of a sudden your Mana runs out you're in big trouble!
    PL: Enisceloz: Level 76 (Warrior/Tank/Eni Express...Choo Choo!!!!)
    AL: Enisceloz: Level 26 (Warrior/Tank/Exterminator)

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #36
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    166 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wawawa64 View Post
    in 1 on 1 situation like boss fights, the mana and health is just not much. Also, the range of the debuff is too small, so the long range mobs can still hit me without getting any mana regen.
    This is a great point and one that I didn't think of. Expect a change where Bosses and Minibosses will increase your Mana and Health significantly more than normal mobs do.

Thanks wawawa64!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    Hey warriors, I'm sure until now you didn't know... But you can buy pots that replenish your mana. They are the blue ones.
    Good job to remind them of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Well. This is how I quit new veng.

I used to use ss, veng, hor, jugg. All str, 5 mighty.
    And becasue of the change, I used ss first to stun, following with veng, and jugg to taunt, and another ss for dmg & stun and auto attack. And wait to see others and my health to use hor, but new veng gives me about 20% of mana back while my 40% of health is gone, even with HoR on, my health is going down below 50%, and mana is still below 50% because I have to use other skills to tank, and before long, ran out of mana and health, couldn't use hor or jugg, spamming pots and charge hor, struggling and dead at some point, and kill all my party....

It works as it says, but seems not giving enough mana back for me. I don't know how some people says it give you enough mana. (No sarcastic. Real curious. )

It's same that I had to spam health pots, but it's harder to do tank now.

I can't give up str, because I have only one attack, and it will be too weak for pvp.
    It worked well before new lvl cap. My ss makes 300-600 dmg which is enough to kill 1600 -2k health rogue and mage.

Now with new lvl cap rogue got 900+ armor and more dmg, my build wasn't working so well because of poor dmg. My jugg, veng and HoR can't defense me from rogues massive attack now.

So I change veng to windmill all 5. And removed all taunt point and mana regen in ss (this gives nothing) and put 5 in passive int, all str, 5 mighty.
    I still have good dmg, mana is ok with good mana regen pet or even without it if I be careful.

But still dmg is weak in pvp. Not great, but better. So I give up new veng.

Any one really getting enough mana from it? Or tell me how to use new veng properly?
    I even tried to just use veng and activate all taunt skills in the middle of elite mobs, no mana more than 50% but dead. Ridicules.
    Tried for two day, still miss the dmg and crit buff, but gave up new veng.

Sorry. but maybe just more mana regen?
    It just distract me from doing tanking only.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

I noticed none of you guys asked WHY? why u change VB for what reason exactly. What did you guys accomplish from screwing warriors and make our life harder. Just seriously give me one logic reason.

I also wanna respond to Samhayne, Charged VB + Charged Windmill and then you will taunt everyone. So what you will do after? First thing a warrior will do is Heal him self then His other move will be Hammer. Then what?? by the time you wont have enough mana + did you forget that VB has 30sec cool-down. you guys dont take those into consideration. The only choice for warrior will be use pots again and again.
    Last edited by Lethalknight; 03-14-2013 at 03:18 AM.
    XBullDozerX : Tanker 45 (Merchant)
    LethalArrow : Archer 45
    LethalMage : Paladin 45

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Gf venge ily still thoe.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump