Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Warrior NERFED? Hoping People Will Voice Thoughts...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Swede View Post
    If they don't attack anyone on your team for 10-14 seconds, I think the battle is won. Not sure I see that as abuse.
    MAYBE and this is a generous maybe IMO, it will help your team... but if for example a rogue hits my team with a brutal aimed shot? How much mana is my team actually getting back for tanking such a huge hit? Certainly not enough for me to make up for the damage rained down upon my team in those 10-14 seconds. From my experience the return is not enough to make vengeance a viable option in PvP and Vengsomething was one of the only things that let warriors semi-compete with rogues once it came down to a duel. Swede, in what ways does the Dev team think 1v1 has become more balanced? (excluding PERHAPS the mage's overdue return to PvP competitiveness, which I am more than willing to grant.)

PS: How exactly are the deadly yet numerous ranged sorcs/rogues going to be effected by a buff that only effects close range targets Swede? Your 10-14 second theory assumes that enemies are somehow constantly within a range that makes them vulnerable to the debuff, which is usually not the case from what I've seen thus far in testing out builds.
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-14-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Honestly had my doubts that we would see an update this month. I AM IMPRESSED TO SAY THE LEAST, kinda.
    Kudos to all Devs on a crazy fast reply to the community outcry.

That being said... I do feel buffing axe throw was used as a diversion for us all so that the Devs could make very limited changes to Vengeance (It's obviously flawed yet they were insistent nothing was the matter... then whoosh an update?), but I'm glad they are working on making Vengeance worth slotting once again. I think in time they will see that the warrior was never really that "OP", that and "mana potion equality" is far down on the list of things that players would like to see fixed/balanced.

Warriors - Still don't know what devs expect us to do about ranged enemies (Both PvP and PvE) , after all they have some of the most dangerous/damaging attacks (arrows, spells) and we will be getting 0 mana for tanking those hits. The ONLY complaint I have though in light of this FAST response to our dismay is either shorten the veng cooldown so we can get in close and cast more often or JUST MAKE VENGE A SELF BUFF that simply converts hits or a % of dmg/hits into mana, because that simplifies things and completely solves the whole Ranged inequality issue. You could keep all the properties you have now, but why make it a short range enemy debuff when it could be a simple SELF BUFF with a chance to convert hits to mana>???????? That would solve the range issue and probably shut Warriors up for GOOD without having to surrender any sort of auto-regen or further imbalances. So confused about why it has to be so complex with so many kinks to iron out?

PS: It's called VENGEFUL BLOOD, doesn't that kinda imply that it should be a self buff flowing through your Warrior's veins and not the veins of the enemies who are an arm's length away and trying to tear you limb from limb?

SERIOUSLY though thanks devs for being so proactive and supportive of your customers. Blew my mind how fast you guys responded.
    Last edited by Tyger; 03-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Wow tyger u have no appreciation at all for any thing if u would just listen to your self u would see that u are freaking out over nothing i dont freak out about using mana pots on my war or my rogue i have 9999 on all my chars i also think u are being a drama queen is just u wanting attention my guild has mains who are wars and the complane less then u do and u will probably just ignore
    This post and type up more about me being a rogue main but u know what that fine i at least play my class because it is a fun class not because it has high dps thats just a btonus im not use to playing games where he war is a tank and not both a tank and an attacker
    And yet im not the one whos whining about a little skill its a dang game live with the changes the devs make or dont play its still a fun game and i hope will stay fun and get more things rolling not back track to a skill being nerfed

4. The Following User Says Thank You to salvair For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Wow. I believe I thanked the devs for their incredibly speedy response so you can pipe down about me being ungrateful.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

im back to dark legends now after this silly mana downdate....

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts

Well, not to offend you warriors, but I think this update was also to increase team playing. Mages can heal your mana and deal pretty cool AoE while rogues...lol idk about rogues, don't have a rogue alt...so in this way, mages rely on warriors and Warriors rely on mages. seems fair, idk.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

I've seen very little evidence of having my warrior's mana boosted by mages, I really hate this detrimental mana change STS have done.