Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: 2013-03-14 Content Update (115695)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Mages are far from trash. I was rolling with a Mage while running flags on a warrior tonight and we were cleaning clocks. They take skill and good kiting abilities and they have strong synergy in group settings. I wager you want to 1v1 on your Mage?

Anyway, thanks for keeping the drama down a bit.
    A rogue behind a tank is just as strong and they have the ability to 1v1.

Yes mages take skill and kiting ability to still remain weaker than warriors by far, and a little bit weaker than rogues.

Yes against a group of 3 or more the fireball stunning every 7.5 seconds is useful but not necessary since rogues and warriors can stun as well. the mana heal helps your team while not helping you much since they generally have enough mana to last until dead or near the mana spawn. That leaves shield as their last advantage which warriors have the ability to put on the whole team and it lasts .5 seconds longer while healing you.

So mages are only good for healing mana which usually leads to their kills being stolen.
    How is that supposed to be fun? Because to me playing a Mage in pvp just feels like work and responsibility, which is exactly what I'm trying to get a break from playing this game.
    <a href=http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg target=_blank>http://i50.tinypic.com/1zfoqib.jpg</a>
    AL Ign: Diseased, Vilified, and Monumental
    PL Ign: MassAtrocity, MassInferno, and MassInsanity

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Vilified For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Mages are far from trash. I was rolling with a Mage while running flags on a warrior tonight and we were cleaning clocks. They take skill and good kiting abilities and they have strong synergy in group settings. I wager you want to 1v1 on your Mage?

Sam, I agree. I was doing quite well in 1-on-1 with my mage before the latest update. The only issues I had was when a warrior was using that damage glitch which the latest update was supposed to have fixed. I haven't done any PvP since the update, but I suspect with the nice buff of Fireball I will do even better.

Going 1-on-1 with a mage requires a certain strategy and a certain build. Folks want to tank against a warrior and win, and unfortunately you cannot out-tank a tank. But on the other hand, doing a full-damage/low-health/armor build is not going to cut it either. That may work great when you have a nice tank to block for you, but if you are 1-on-1 you're going to need some good health & armor. That's all I'll say for now as I don't want to give away all my secrets, but let's just say I was having very little trouble taking down warriors before the update provided that they didn't cheat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    Sam, I agree. I was doing quite well in 1-on-1 with my mage before the latest update. The only issues I had was when a warrior was using that damage glitch which the latest update was supposed to have fixed. I haven't done any PvP since the update, but I suspect with the nice buff of Fireball I will do even better.

Going 1-on-1 with a mage requires a certain strategy and a certain build. Folks want to tank against a warrior and win, and unfortunately you cannot out-tank a tank. But on the other hand, doing a full-damage/low-health/armor build is not going to cut it either. That may work great when you have a nice tank to block for you, but if you are 1-on-1 you're going to need some good health & armor. That's all I'll say for now as I don't want to give away all my secrets, but let's just say I was having very little trouble taking down warriors before the update provided that they didn't cheat.
    awesome im glad a Mage has said this.. I play with a lot of ridiculous mages. This is what ive noticed from playing in PVP today with the new updates.

IN pug games, warriors are pretty decent, i used Chest splitter and skyward (we HAVE to have vengeful and Horn, which i still feel should be combined in some way so we can have an extra slot for offense) I got some kills, and was able to go outside of the group and kill stragglers.. (this was a change from before, which I truly like.

In 1 vs 1, I played with a bunch of pro pvpers, including the final two in the last PVP tournament. I actually beat a few end game rouges, and they beat me.. even when I did win I had maybe 5-15% life, so to me thats really formidable and a very good battle, and pretty balanced in that regard. THeres certain rouges that are still unstoppable, and I have a question about the debuff (which i think is awesome by the way) CS has a quick CD (also like), so does this buff only last the 3 seconds? or is it like a 1.5 second buff? The only draw back with chest splitter is you have to get in close where a rouge can destroy you with razor. I tried axe throw and while I like the improvements, its not something I personally would like to use... its the warriors only skill that reduces armor though.. since CS is splitting open their chest so to speak, can it have a little damage reduction? Axe throw still is fun to use, but its such a gimmick, and is hilarious. There is still a bug with it that you can throw the axe around and through corners...

AS far as Mages, they are really tough to kill for me compared to the old squishy days..which I like, its a good balance, I dont want to one hit them... however, they are still being one hit by rouges crit. THey should also have some sort of debuff to combat that.. There kitiing skills are awesome, however I do have to side with them on this. To gain ground on someone (rouge piercer), (warrior sky), the little blue dash mages have is pathetic... it needs to be boosted a little, they cant get away from anybody (however, I do realize there are pets (shiloh), and skill points to improve this delima)

AS far as warriors, ughhhhhh , lol, warrior vs warrior, is a nightmare still, even with the added damage output. I had a fight with a warrior for 15 mins, and i said okay stop, and im at 100% lol .. This isnt going to be pretty, and will be lame in this upcoming tournament. (whose thumbs get tired first) ...I dont know how to improve that though without upping damage output...gives us some type of skill with a long CD, high mana use, that has very high damage output.. you cant lower armor or health cause than rouges will destroy us. I do like however that most 1 vs 1 battles are lasting longer amongst other classes... since update.... Also can we get a PVE and PVP slot for builds?? For example, having a wide range for horn, sucks in PVP, especially if you have other tanks anyways on your team, but its absolutley necessary in PVE...I like the idea that vengeful does a auto buff, like 8% mana and health regen, insted of hoping someone hits you...and doesnt hit you too hard...

I think right now there is no class that is "op" which is good, all classes, seemed very balanced in 1 vs 1. I saw a mage beat a rouge, and that rouge than beat me.. and than I beat that Mage lol I also had a lot of 2-2 fights with some rouges.. SOmethign to keep in mind though is pets... I destroyed a rouge with colton, they beat me with Malison. I lost with ribbit, i won with ripmaw... theres strengths and weakness on each pet as in each build..

only think that really needs to be fixed is mages speed ability, and something with warrior vs warrior.. its boring, people dont want to see it anymore, and it never happens..
    now with some suggestions

A lot of us in the forums, pay good money here (89.99 every two weeks here) IM a loyal customer.. is there a way if we spend a certain amount of real money we get rewarded with things?? A bonus skill point to use, a rare exclusive pet, a rare exclusive weapon? **cough DARK excaliber*** a hammerjaw magically appears in my inventory (550 crates with nothing THe one thing I enjoyed in PL, is every single person was different, in gear, in weapons etc.. Here every end gamers has EXACTLY THE SAME GEAR. Also as a player, i hate that i am limited to content if I cap... I cannot play ANY other map except kraken to get kills... not even dead city!! which is fairly new.. This needs to be fixed... every map should be playable, just adjust the enemeies with our level. I know this can be done cause you do it with tombs. And think about the possibilites now?? you can have rare weapons all over the world.. maybe youll get a awesome sword or bow in aquaducts, or maybe against bael... I also miss the platinum levels, and bad *** bosses from pocket legends. sandstone cave was a thing of beauty, every boss was tough and was strategic (not just push buttons and hit)think minor in Star legends too... we need bosses like that. One thing you can do with gear so its different is present hard as hell quests like the one from Pocket legends.. a quest that might take you a month to just get the helm.. and now you still have to get the suit and sword... (but maybe you have three-five choices of quests and you get the gear with the path you choose)so maybe two warriors both do it,do different quests, it takes so long but they get it done and now both have end game gear with diffferent attributes and different looks.. andi fyou want to get the other one now you gotta treck for another month lol.. THe one aspect though that i miss is where you kill a boss and see that pink item pop up and everybody is like awesome!!! grats!!! now you get a goldan chest, people are like, grats, dont open it though cause youll get three epics..keep the chests, but can we add arcane and mythic items to boss drops (small percentage) that would be pretty awesome...and how about making an epic worth something?? put hidden gems in the epics, one that ups a warrior dps to 250, howver you lose health and armor... and I loved starlegends how there were different weapons for classes, i can have small guns, big guns, small pistols, big pistols, big rotating barrel guns etc... all the weapons here look the same.. I want some orignality like the gurgox hammer was.. and make them available individually for platinum... have a 500 platinum sword.. lol , even a 10000 platinum sword (money maker) but that way we can have different options...there should be like 5-10 end game weapons, not just one or two...have vanity drops too!! And with how prices are ridiculous in this game compared to the others selling stuff for 14-20 million, can we adjust the gold accordily..like 89.99 gets 3400 instead of 1700, or 500 platinum get 1 million gold instead of 500k... 89.99 gets you 1.7 million.. with that you cant even buy one weapon for yourself...***or we can all just lower the damn prices everyone!!! we control the auction****haha, well im heading to bed, thanks for listening i always write a lot, but please fix the warrior vs warrior, somehow, someway...glitch helped warriors die.. lol
    Darko GM of Vengeance | Darkfury Operative | Darkmyth Operative | Darkstone Engineer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

I didn't pvp during the last update til this one.. but now that i see that the warriors have assumed there OP role in PVP once again I'm a bit disheartened.

I'm fairly new and a noob that just plays for fun, doesn't have much tactics, and no special equips(help in this department?). Just a lv 25 mage. (i was like zomg at 26000 exp xD im lazy)

But it was fact that Warrior>Mage by a very large margin before and now maybe once more. With rogues so long as I shield before they 1HKO me ..lol.. i had a chance. Thus assuming Warrior>Rogue. Warriors knew that they were OP before and have rejoiced once again. The fact i also suck needs to be considered but when you see two warriors together with pretty armor, most of us just xC ... stun and run but then they all like woosh jump up out of nowhere and bam they stun us and it's over. Groups are "assisted" by mages. Mages are "dependent" on groups, 1v1 lil diff but not really.

So I propose a boost, for each class' "attribute". INT for mage etc. for every 100 or maybe 50 points we have of our attribute we get a boost! Like health, crit, defense/damage reduction yadayadayada -different for each class to suit needs-. But if it the boosts were completely balanced in all classes then there may not be any significant difference rendering these boost useless...

Sooooooo maybe just help us mages out a lil more? c: ^ or recreate that, mix things up, try to individualize all the players with something more unique. Hope more stuff to come!

Maybe a lot to ask, maybe not, maybe really stupid post.. anyways thx for reading! And best pocket-able game ever!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Great update! Its pretty much balanced now. For those ppl who complains they can't win a 1on1 with a warrior/rogue/mages then that only mean you have not practiced enough against such foe. You should realize that it takes a strategy to win a 1v1 battle. Casting your skills randomly and fast doesn't win you battles. You should think and anticipate what your enemy is trying to do. My advice is to think before you move. I am using a warrior and its not easy to do 1on1 vs a rogue and sorc. I have set of strategies for each foes. Sometimes i let them attack first to anticipate their next move. The crucial part in 1v1 is your pet. I use different pet for different opponents. Again, think before you act and study your opponents carefully.

Lvl26 warrior - Batongbakal - Philippine Allstars

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Mana is great again with the Vengence and Skyward Smash update

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts

3 warriors alternately casting shield is impossible to beat. Not only they get invulnerabilty, but heal in the process. Mages are useless when shield is out. What about lowering the recharge time of mage shield to make up for all the buffs and advantages given to other classes in the last few updates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

It would be nice if STS would create a PVP system that doesn't allow more than 2 of one class on a team unless it's a custom created game. That ways, no full teams of warriors, rogues or sorcs. Custom created games would allow players to bring their own team to challenge another team.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Default update

Wow Update me ping hard up 20tys end im no play whywho cent hellp me im play phon Lg E400

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

No offense sam, but u weren't cleaning clocks. The warrior was and u were tagging along behind. Of course he wants to 1 vs 1. Every class wants the chance to defeat the other classes without one class being OP. If you guys want CTF to be team/class role driven then you need to give us the ability to host games and boot noobs who won't play as a team.

I used to think the most fun part of pvp was sneaking around on my rogue by myself and taking out people when they weren't looking. That's not possible now because we can't kill warriors. Another strategy was to sneak and get the flag while both teams stood in the middle and pounded each other. In that case I needed the ability to defend myself (have a chance at killing the other class). Please explain to me how I'm supposed to kill a tank that has axe throw which can reach farther than any of my skills? While he's still out of range of my attacks he can have me pulled in, stunned and down a large percentage of my health and leaving me with no crits.

Not everyone wants to play ctf by having 2 warriors who are out front, 2 rogues who stay behind them shooting arrows and a mage that can't do anything except refill mana. A lot of people like to play as a free for all where they just run around fighting 1 vs 1, etc.
    Last edited by wvhills; 03-15-2013 at 07:51 AM.

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

thank you for sorta fixing veng :]

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKILIOS View Post
    thank you for sorta fixing veng :]
    I think Veng is better now than it was originally. Or it works better for me as a tanking build since monsters/bosses replace mana and health. Sure we don't have the full mana replacement like it was originally, but I rarely have to mana pot with this new update. The health replenishment helps while I'm waiting for my HOR to cool down.

15.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #73
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by wvhills View Post
    No offense sam, but u weren't cleaning clocks. The warrior was and u were tagging along behind. Of course he wants to 1 vs 1. Every class wants the chance to defeat the other classes without one class being OP. If you guys want CTF to be team/class role driven then you need to give us the ability to host games and boot noobs who won't play as a team.

I used to think the most fun part of pvp was sneaking around on my rogue by myself and taking out people when they weren't looking. That's not possible now because we can't kill warriors. Another strategy was to sneak and get the flag while both teams stood in the middle and pounded each other. In that case I needed the ability to defend myself (have a chance at killing the other class). Please explain to me how I'm supposed to kill a tank that has axe throw which can reach farther than any of my skills? While he's still out of range of my attacks he can have me pulled in, stunned and down a large percentage of my health and leaving me with no crits.

Not everyone wants to play ctf by having 2 warriors who are out front, 2 rogues who stay behind them shooting arrows and a mage that can't do anything except refill mana. A lot of people like to play as a free for all where they just run around fighting 1 vs 1, etc.
    Wvhills, I was playing the warrior

Sorry, I guess you missed that part. I was set up as a defensive warrior (sword 'n shield, axe throw, juggernaught, rally cry, horn of renew). I played more on my tanky warrior last night and got into a really great game with me, 3 rogues and 1 sorc vs. 2 war, 2 rogues 1 sorc. Some great team fights, fun fights over the flag, etc. Sure, I had some dud games where people were bailing mid game, unbalanced sides, etc. but there were also some really fun games too.

Also, if all you think that mage is doing is refilling mana, umm sorry mate, but that's another gross over-generalization.

The point is that CTF is a team game. If you choose to play 1v1, hey that's your deal. Just don't get all upset if the game isn't set up around 1v1ing.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Just don't get all upset if the game isn't set up around 1v1ing.
    I agree...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Rouge dmg back update. Agile life potency back dmg..plz my rouge frs all leave

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Sorry, I guess you missed that part. I was set up as a defensive warrior (sword 'n shield, axe throw, juggernaught, rally cry, horn of renew). I played more on my tanky warrior last night and got into a really great game with me, 3 rogues and 1 sorc vs. 2 war, 2 rogues 1 sorc. Some great team fights, fun fights over the flag, etc. Sure, I had some dud games where people were bailing mid game, unbalanced sides, etc. but there were also some really fun games too.

Also, if all you think that mage is doing is refilling mana, umm sorry mate, but that's another gross over-generalization.

The point is that CTF is a team game. If you choose to play 1v1, hey that's your deal. Just don't get all upset if the game isn't set up around 1v1ing.
    the main point of my "gross over-generalization" is that the vast majority of mages can't contribute much to pvp besides refilling health and mana. That's not a gross over-generalization. It's my opinion based upon almost 12,500 pvp battles. It's also one shared by many mages. (I would say most or all mages but I'm afraid of over generalizing, lol). I didn't feel the need to put in qualifying statements such as "vast majority", "most", etc.

Here's my point: Do you have an end game toon of each class? I know you have a mage and warrior so you may have a rogue as well. Take some time over the next 3 days and play each until you get a combined 1000 kills and deaths on each toon then look at your kdr on each. I will almost guarantee you that the kdr on your warrior will be a lot better than ur rogue and ur rogues will be better than ur mages. You'll be the same pvper, with the same knowledge of the game but the difference is the class ur playing.

If you choose to do this I'd be greatly interested in hearing ur results. Maybe a better test would be to play until you get 100 flag captures on each and then look at ur kdr. That way you can't play it safe on rogue and mage by staying in the middle and kill stealing.

Also, I have no problem at all with ctf being designed to be a team game instead of 1 vs 1. But why put 1 vs 1 stats (kills, deaths and captures) on our toon screens for all the world to see instead of team stats (like games won, etc).
    Last edited by wvhills; 03-15-2013 at 01:52 PM.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wvhills For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

gfff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

So if the argument is that mages are meant to be more effective in team situations, then are warriors/rogues meant to somehow be less effective in these situations? If so, I'm not seeing it. I know that as a mage I am useful for achieving an initial mass stun and healing my teams mana, but I'm not seeing warriors/rogues as any less useful in a team setting. Warriors perma-heal their team as there is usually at least 2-3 on a team chaining horn of renew. Rogues may have less of a team synergy but when the heat is off them they are free to demolish the other team. Sorcerers are certainly left with the scraps and very little reward.

As far as the team or 1 v 1, I don't think it is unreasonable to want a chance to decent chance to compete with the other classes. Especially since there is no reward for winning ctf battles currently, so what incentive is there to play as a team?

I think us sorcerers are just looking for a little bit of loving in the buffing department. We don't want more items, they aren't the issue. Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Add Feeble to one or more of our skills. Perhaps an upgrade on Lighting or Frost.
    2. Fix/buff the Lightning stun proc.
    3. Possibly reduce the stun immunity for our skills. I think this decision was primarily made for rogues using bows to constantly stun, but stunning is a sorcerer's lifeblood.
    4. Give us a movement option that rivals rogues' Shadow Piercer and warriors' Skyward Smash. Possibly a small teleport skill/upgrade that allowed us to catch up to our opponents. I know this one is "pie in the sky"

Despite all of us whiny sorcerers, I do think you guys are doing a great job. Just throw us a bone!

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tooclose101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    506 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tooclose101 View Post
    So if the argument is that mages are meant to be more effective in team situations, then are warriors/rogues meant to somehow be less effective in these situations? If so, I'm not seeing it. I know that as a mage I am useful for achieving an initial mass stun and healing my teams mana, but I'm not seeing warriors/rogues as any less useful in a team setting. Warriors perma-heal their team as there is usually at least 2-3 on a team chaining horn of renew. Rogues may have less of a team synergy but when the heat is off them they are free to demolish the other team. Sorcerers are certainly left with the scraps and very little reward.

As far as the team or 1 v 1, I don't think it is unreasonable to want a chance to decent chance to compete with the other classes. Especially since there is no reward for winning ctf battles currently, so what incentive is there to play as a team?

I think us sorcerers are just looking for a little bit of loving in the buffing department. We don't want more items, they aren't the issue. Here are some of my suggestions:

1. Add Feeble to one or more of our skills. Perhaps an upgrade on Lighting or Frost.
    2. Fix/buff the Lightning stun proc.
    3. Possibly reduce the stun immunity for our skills. I think this decision was primarily made for rogues using bows to constantly stun, but stunning is a sorcerer's lifeblood.
    4. Give us a movement option that rivals rogues' Shadow Piercer and warriors' Skyward Smash. Possibly a small teleport skill/upgrade that allowed us to catch up to our opponents. I know this one is "pie in the sky"

Despite all of us whiny sorcerers, I do think you guys are doing a great job. Just throw us a bone!
    i'd rather see mages damage increased instead of being given more stuns. Increased damage would put u on an even playing field but other classes would still have strategies to defend ourselves. There's no defense against unlimited stuns.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

giving an anti crit for a class who has high hp,armor decent dmg and better crit from mages?
    playing in pvp with only 1sorc? dont they see how many mages left to play pvp?

if you guys think sorc has better chances in this current balances, can you guys spoonfeed us?
    cos ive been with my mage after i quit my warrior 2weeks after pvp was released. And we still struggles.
    if you are saying that mages do better in groups. that is not acceptable
    for is two other class can do 1v1 or group plays, why cant mages do 1v1 too?
    Last edited by Cero; 03-15-2013 at 02:24 PM.