Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I would like to see sorcerers buffed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default I would like to see sorcerers buffed

TO BE VERY MODEST, TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF VERRRRY HUMBLE,

STS DEVELOPERS are you trying to get rid of all sorcerers??????????

i have tolerated all stupid nonsenses, stupid updates, stupid disadvantages toward sorcerers until now, in the mean time i have been the highest dps, highest dmg sorcerer since last two three updates.

If you DEVELOPERS are serious with updates and trying hard to balance right, PLAY SORCERER AND TEST, FEEL THE ABSURD WEAKNESS.

Without any doubt, you developers are RUINING THE SORCERER CLASS, disadvantaing EVERY SINGLE ASPECTS OF THE CLASS, therefore, many of sorcerers are leaving AL, QUITTING AL .

SHOULD I DESCRIBE ALL THE DETAILED DISADVANTAGES AND HILARIOUS issues here?

Beneficial updates and modifications for warriors since there are many complaints from MANY WARRIORS? come on.... It is really disgusting and FRUSTRATING. majority makes the RULE?

ALL SORCERES FEEL THE SAME, I am not NOT NOT asking u guys to unfairly support sorcerers, BUT. HELLO , AT LEAST U developers should LET SORCERERS play AL . UNDERSTAND???????

SO RIDICULOUS , I SHALL QUIT IF Your INTENTIONS ARE TO REOVE SORCERER PLAYERS IN ARCANE, AND REMEMBER, I WILL NOT BE THE ALONE.
    ( Ah, as an adult, I am NEVER THREATENing, JUST OFFICIALLY EXPRESSING MY OWN STANDINGS)

Tons of plat? I dont care, tons of deaths? I dont care. Even now, i kill so many at PVP. (Die or kill is not my point)

Don't just change our beloved ARCANE LEGENDS into Warcane LEGENDS.

PS. Not a single blame toward warriors. kindly don't misunderstand.

- jamesthelord -
    Last edited by JamesThelord; 03-15-2013 at 02:25 AM.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JamesThelord For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Hey James,

I feel you! It's as if the complaints of the mass majority are being worked right now, and that majority are the warriors. What puzzles me the most is that even before this incident, mages and rogues have already been complaining bout certain issues regarding their class and that only few modifications have been made. Well I guess let's just wait.

Just remember to post in a calm manner so that the devs would take these matters into consideration. Gooday!
    duck dynasty falls

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Limsi For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

200% Agree with u guys, Plz..really really test a sorcerer in ur private servers, come on... as a mage, i actually think rogues need a buff to, helps everybody to kill faster.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    41 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JamesThelord View Post
    TO BE VERY MODEST, TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF VERRRRY HUMBLE,

STS DEVELOPERS are you trying to get rid of all sorcerers??????????

i have tolerated all stupid nonsenses, stupid updates, stupid disadvantages toward sorcerers until now, in the mean time i have been the highest dps, highest dmg sorcerer since last two three updates.

If you DEVELOPERS are serious with updates and trying hard to balance right, PLAY SORCERER AND TEST, FEEL THE ABSURD WEAKNESS.

Without any doubt, you developers are RUINING THE SORCERER CLASS, disadvantaing EVERY SINGLE ASPECTS OF THE CLASS, therefore, many of sorcerers are leaving AL, QUITTING AL .

SHOULD I DESCRIBE ALL THE DETAILED DISADVANTAGES AND HILARIOUS issues?????

good updates and modifications for warriors since there are many complains from MANY WARRIORS? come on.... It is really disgusting and FRUSTRATING.

ALL SORCERES FEEL THE SAME, I am not NOT NOT asking u guys to unfairly support sorcerers, BUT. HELLO , AT LEAST U developers should LET SORCERERS play AL . UNDERSTAND???????

SO RIDICULUOS , I SHALL QUIT IF UR INTENTIONS ARE TO REOVE SORCERER PLAYERS IN ARCANE, AND REMEMBER, I WILL NOT BE THE ALONE.

- jamesthelord -

Whoa, the caps in this post. Sorcerers may not be the most OP class in the game right now, but they are still playable in my view. Many people have discussed this already, and the issue of the "underdog" sorcs has been addressed multiple times. Many people have learned to adapt and develop unique playing styles and builds to play as an effective sorcerer. I highly doubt that STS wants to remove sorcerers, and are working on ways to improve the class. A recent update had dexterity points giving a greater benefit to sorcs. Sorcerers, do have advantages still, such as a gigantic mana pool compared to the other classes, awesome aoe abilities, the classic fireball stun, and more. Please be patient with the devs, and threatening to quit is not really the best way to convince them.

Want that perfect signature like mine? Check out over here!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    42 Posts

I agree with james.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Tapatalk 2

Prepare yarr selves to beee doomed by the faaaarrrttt gun!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Lots of updates for warriors but nothing has changed bro. Dont rely on that high dps .It doesnt change your damage at all.I already observed it.You need someone in front of you to cover you up.Like sokrth and perroncel doing in pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Read well.

I SAID DPS AND DMG. Not limiting with dps , not limiting at pvp.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

they should remove the mage from their logo or pic and replace with warrior...

when i first started AL...i thought theres something special with mage thats y i choose it....

indeed there something special.....weak

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

well said but sadly sorc class developement isnt coming before other classes (ei:rogue arc weapon,warrior improvement)

when they implemented immunity the sorc class was strip naked, murdered and thrown to the unkown. sorc fell hard way more behind.
    ---atleast give us timeshift root
    ---lightning stun to be cast uncharge

warrior's have "shield wars"
    rogue has "crit wars"
    sorc? "stun wars" but they took it:/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

James: I know you don't want to hear this, but the max damage build is just not a good one. It's very one-dimentional and does not yield good results. It's like a boxer who has a good knockout punch, but can't jab nor can he take a punch. Most often he will end up on the losing end.

I'm a sorcerer too and I've done just fine in both PvE and PvP. Yes there were some issues at various times, but it appears most of them have been resolved. What specific issues do you feel are still a problem?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Personally I think mages have became aggro magnet..it's like whatever a Mage do,they pull aggro

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    259 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric:1008329
    James: I know you don't want to hear this, but the max damage build is just not a good one. It's very one-dimentional and does not yield good results. It's like a boxer who has a good knockout punch, but can't jab nor can he take a punch. Most often he will end up on the losing end.

I'm a sorcerer too and I've done just fine in both PvE and PvP. Yes there were some issues at various times, but it appears most of them have been resolved. What specific issues do you feel are still a problem?

all i can see is "they" are pushing mages to team-dependants. other two class can fairly do 1v1 and teamplay. why mages cant?
    your build as what other mages are force to do a team-dependant class.
    have you tried fighting max out dmg mage vs your build? decent rogue and warrior? cos i dont see how your build would work.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

The dex update is not that beneficial for mages. u haveto sacrifice lot of u dmg to get the extra health. and also the xtra health u get from it doesnt help a lot as rogue still kills u in one shot. yep u lasting a bit longer with fighting warriors but the end result its the same. i spent 2000 pvp death to learn how to fight. what did warrior do? for crying out loud?

i did test with my friends. if the warrior respec well. they wins every fight against mage. befor the newest update. increase the dmg for waariors slightly. i understand it takes too long for warriors 1v1. but y dont u think they will kill mages faster. plsease increase our armor and health also. dex update is benificial to everyone not only mages.

and also about kiting. warrior times right they can jump over the timeshift. mages life is depend on luck. pushback proc. 20% freeze. 25%stun (seems never happens). and all of this need to b charged. as i said before the only thing mage cant afford its time. our low armor low health means we just cant charge our skill every time.

the freeze doesn't slow down piecer and skyward smash. how can u talk about kiting on this base?

u need two pure defensive skill to survive a bit of longer. u kite and u cant kill it. what's the point? warrior can pull out of fight any time they want. get healed and get back to u. mage can do it any time? i doubt it.

also the lighting crit is much lower than other skills. that is the only skill we can deal some serious dmg. even with colton buff half dex build it not happening that often.

pls do somthing to mages. in pvp all i see its just those about15 to 20 same mages everyday. they really got kicked out of pvp.

all my testing is based on fully geared warrior rogue and mage.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Dear Energeric,
    Same with u. Read my post carefully. Also do I wee with both pvp and pve as many ppl know. But the main issue is that the new updates are consecutively frustrating Especially for mages, apology for not fully contenting you
    with your questions.
    I do agree with you in ceratain point, with deepest respects.
    But plz dont misunderstand and mis judge, I try every builds, yet, developers should BALANCE far better.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muuufasa View Post
    Personally I think mages have became aggro magnet..it's like whatever a Mage do,they pull aggro
    it becos the high dmg on their AOE skills. and the failure of warriors taunting. when i play elite i have to change my low dmg gear to avoiding death. which i feel bad to my teammates.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    173 Posts

Do you even lift bro?
    Ive got this friend, Sulpherdoxide, he's a mage. And he crits at 200 and he's one of the most powerful mages I know. Even babybentley. Just improve your items!its not as if you have good skills!

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Do you even lift bro?
    Ive got this friend, Sulpherdoxide, he's a mage. And he crits at 200 and he's one of the most powerful mages I know. Even babybentley. Just improve your items!its not as if you have good skills!
    He crits 200? wow... whattamage :O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Sorry, I disagree, and I'm a sorc. I've been playing for a bit now and never felt that bad off, it's a matter of learning to use your skills properly. Read the sorc section of the forums, lots of good information on there.

You're not a warrior, stop trying to run in the middle of things.

Your not a rogue, don't try to rely on DPS, crit, or dodge.

Your a mage, you are crowd control, you are DoT.

I couldn't find a group today for the little time I had to play on the bus, so I decided to go solo some elite bosses that I didn't have the achievements for. Sure, it took 20 minutes each (speed slayer, and one in dead city) and I died a couple of times, but I was able to do it.

The new update has been great for us, the dex changes are really good. It's not intended to replace int as your primary stat, it does make dex an option as secondary. Right now I have dex on my armour and helm (mythic helm) and str on my weapon. I'm just shy of 2000hp, and have been debating swapping over to the dex weapon (loss of about 40hp, gain of 1.1 damage) but I don't think the damage increase (which means more aggro) is worth the hp right now. I did put 5/5 in passive int and dex (good balance of damage and hp) and only 2/5 in damage right now, so far testing it seems to work pretty well. My damage is 235.7 right now, with colton (and of course the invisible +2% from the passive damage).

Sure, there are some things I think could be better, but we are far from weak and useless.

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

I have to try since the changes again, but I can say this before the newest changes my pet was doing more damage than my warrior was unless I crit. Try dealing with that. Well at least I had a lot of health points and pots is all I can say.

Since I do not pvp, and never will, I don't understand this balancing the classes thing in pvp. It seems the regular game is set up so each class is different and they have their own rolls, but in pvp, the warrior class wants the high damage of rogues, the rogues want the high health of warriors, and sorcerers want the high damage and health and not the AOE attacks that they have. That's the only way its ever going to balance is to make all 3 classes the same. That ain't gonna happen, the other part of the game will lose its teamwork mechanic.

As I said I don't pvp, and I know now most complaints I see are pvp related. Mine aren't. Mine are about the playability of the game as a team and whether or not its fun for my class, from my experiances playing it and the rest of the classes interaction as a cohesive unit.
    Prbably the easiest solution (and I been saying it since SL) is to make pvp fights only the same classes. Warriors fight warriors, rouges fight rogues, sorcerers fight sorcerers. That way when you keep getting killed its not that the other player is overpowered or you are underpowered, you guys are the same, it's becomes clear the player has the wrong set up or stategy or both.

Judging by my elite maps experiences nobody is OP, all classes are UP in one or more areas.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    34 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Muuufasa View Post
    my sentiments exactly!