Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I would like to see sorcerers buffed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    293 Posts

OP needs moar caps.

Sent from my HTC One X+

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Deathpunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    784 Posts

From my experience, STS has balanced the priorities of all three classes. This does not mean that all three classes are balanced in a 1v1 situation or for soloing elite maps. Having gone through all the updates, patches, nerfing, buffing, etc., STS really expects the following priorities for all classes:

1) Build
    2) Gear
    3) Pets
    4) Tactics/Strategy
    5) Group Cooperation

Obviously, Build is the most critical. For yuks, I decided to come up with a pure INT Rogue (sounds funny, I know). This particular build had massive HP and Mana, but no damage, so I ended up dying...a lot! After much tinkering, I have settled in on a good build and skill selection, so this process probably applies to any class - even Warriors now, in light of the most recent adjustments (which I am in favor of).

Next is gear selection - it's nearly impossible to be effective without upper-midrange to elite gear. The stat bonuses from gear plays a critical part to your build. With the right selection of equipment, you can address the shortcomings of your build, such an INT/DEX hood, which will add to your HP (and to a very small extent, your dodge and crit) without sacrificing your mana and DMG statistics. I have gear loadouts defined for PvP and PvE because the two are inherently different, so the bonuses and requirements change depending on whether I am in the arena or running an elite map. For PvP, I prioritize DMG, HP and Mana. For PvE, I prioritize DPS, HP and Armor.

Pets are an obvious advantage. This is the reason why most players would prefer Malison (still the best all-around, non-class specific pet IMHO). There are class favored pets like Colton and Esteban, but utilizing a pet that enhances your build or a pet with a useful Arcane Ability can really change how you play your class.

Tactics are finally a priority for all classes. During one of the earlier adjustments, Rogues had to re-learn how to play when they were no longer able to Crit at the level they had adjusted to. Warriors are going through the same adjustment period with this most recent updates. Sorcs, however, have always relied on tactics because there was never a period, in PvP specifically, where a skill or build was grossly overpowering. At this point, the "pro" Sorcs have learned to rely on the outstanding attack range and the stun/snare skills to be effective. I am curious what the new Warrior buffs will add in, especially with the Feeble procs (since my main is a Rogue).

Another emerging trend is the focus on group cooperation in PvP. This group strategy has always been present in PvE and was most apparent in elite maps, but the refocusing on group PvP has really hit home during the past few updates. At this point, it's really not feasible for one person (doesn't matter which class) to attack a group. While this was possible with "glitched" Warriors, this is no longer the case, and group tactics really does make the difference between a dominant team and a mediocre or poor team. I have been in runs where I was playing at a severe disadvantage (playing up two levels - I was a lv 24 playing in a mostly lv 26 room), but a good group really hid my shortcomings and we were dominant. There has also been runs where I have had mostly lv 26 in my group playing against lower level players and we were run out of the arena because the team splintered and no one kept together, no one buffed, no heals....you get the idea.

At this point, I would say that balance is pretty close for PvP, but I am starting to see weaknesses in PvE. I'm hoping that the newest changes to the Warrior class allows them to tank effectively once again so that Sorcs stop getting aggro every time they decide to heal, or Rogues, when they decide to fire off an Aimed Shot that happens to crit.

AL: Kalizzaa
    Retired Officer of <Elite Runners>
    Elite Chronicles: Solo guides for elite maps - No longer maintained

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GoodSyntax For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deathpunch View Post
    OP needs moar caps.

Sent from my HTC One X+
    Couldn't stop thanking your post.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  831.3 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

K then lets end. Thanks for the precious opinions. Ppl
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 156
Size:  842.5 KB

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

PPL,

THE REASON FOR MY POST WAS to have fair balance between classes, no need to uselessly argue.

thanks for the kind and precious opinions.

Sincerely hope to c all of u ppl in Arcane , and lets see how the balances are adjusted.

APPRECIATED ONCE AGAIN.

JAMESTHELORD

9.   This is the last Dev post in this thread.   #47
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Sorry, I disagree, and I'm a sorc. I've been playing for a bit now and never felt that bad off, it's a matter of learning to use your skills properly. Read the sorc section of the forums, lots of good information on there.

You're not a warrior, stop trying to run in the middle of things.

Your not a rogue, don't try to rely on DPS, crit, or dodge.

Your a mage, you are crowd control, you are DoT.

I couldn't find a group today for the little time I had to play on the bus, so I decided to go solo some elite bosses that I didn't have the achievements for. Sure, it took 20 minutes each (speed slayer, and one in dead city) and I died a couple of times, but I was able to do it.

The new update has been great for us, the dex changes are really good. It's not intended to replace int as your primary stat, it does make dex an option as secondary. Right now I have dex on my armour and helm (mythic helm) and str on my weapon. I'm just shy of 2000hp, and have been debating swapping over to the dex weapon (loss of about 40hp, gain of 1.1 damage) but I don't think the damage increase (which means more aggro) is worth the hp right now. I did put 5/5 in passive int and dex (good balance of damage and hp) and only 2/5 in damage right now, so far testing it seems to work pretty well. My damage is 235.7 right now, with colton (and of course the invisible +2% from the passive damage).

Sure, there are some things I think could be better, but we are far from weak and useless.
    Hi JamesTheLord,

I'm going to have to agree with Valsacar on this one. I'll leave it at that.

I also think everyone has had their say. In the future, we'd really like for the conversation to be constructive and less of a "petition" or "demand" and with less ALL CAPS. Thanks!

*thread closed*
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com