Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: I would like to see sorcerers buffed

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Default Wow. Suddenly makes me a noob

Wow.. Majority of the info is written by my pro mates, even my strategies are there..
    Do you know me????????
    Haha get the point. Read carefully.
    Suddenly ranker became a noob by your useless responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Sorry, I disagree, and I'm a sorc. I've been playing for a bit now and never felt that bad off, it's a matter of learning to use your skills properly. Read the sorc section of the forums, lots of good information on there.

You're not a warrior, stop trying to run in the middle of things.

Your not a rogue, don't try to rely on DPS, crit, or dodge.

Your a mage, you are crowd control, you are DoT.

I couldn't find a group today for the little time I had to play on the bus, so I decided to go solo some elite bosses that I didn't have the achievements for. Sure, it took 20 minutes each (speed slayer, and one in dead city) and I died a couple of times, but I was able to do it.

The new update has been great for us, the dex changes are really good. It's not intended to replace int as your primary stat, it does make dex an option as secondary. Right now I have dex on my armour and helm (mythic helm) and str on my weapon. I'm just shy of 2000hp, and have been debating swapping over to the dex weapon (loss of about 40hp, gain of 1.1 damage) but I don't think the damage increase (which means more aggro) is worth the hp right now. I did put 5/5 in passive int and dex (good balance of damage and hp) and only 2/5 in damage right now, so far testing it seems to work pretty well. My damage is 235.7 right now, with colton (and of course the invisible +2% from the passive damage).

Sure, there are some things I think could be better, but we are far from weak and useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Quote Originally Posted by Muuufasa View Post
    Personally I think mages have became aggro magnet..it's like whatever a Mage do,they pull aggro
    my same sentiment...STS give mage AOE...attract aggro...but with low health n armor...we definitely die faster. Thats y in bigger MMO...mage got the highest dmg to kill off mobs fast, run around kiting with mobs but once they get you, you die faster.

But in AL...we don have that kind of dmg to do those stuff and yet we get killed pretty fast...and this is only in PVE not to mention PVP

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Read carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by valsacar View Post
    sorry, i disagree, and i'm a sorc. I've been playing for a bit now and never felt that bad off, it's a matter of learning to use your skills properly. Read the sorc section of the forums, lots of good information on there.

You're not a warrior, stop trying to run in the middle of things.

Your not a rogue, don't try to rely on dps, crit, or dodge.

Your a mage, you are crowd control, you are dot.

I couldn't find a group today for the little time i had to play on the bus, so i decided to go solo some elite bosses that i didn't have the achievements for. Sure, it took 20 minutes each (speed slayer, and one in dead city) and i died a couple of times, but i was able to do it.

The new update has been great for us, the dex changes are really good. It's not intended to replace int as your primary stat, it does make dex an option as secondary. Right now i have dex on my armour and helm (mythic helm) and str on my weapon. I'm just shy of 2000hp, and have been debating swapping over to the dex weapon (loss of about 40hp, gain of 1.1 damage) but i don't think the damage increase (which means more aggro) is worth the hp right now. I did put 5/5 in passive int and dex (good balance of damage and hp) and only 2/5 in damage right now, so far testing it seems to work pretty well. My damage is 235.7 right now, with colton (and of course the invisible +2% from the passive damage).

Sure, there are some things i think could be better, but we are far from weak and useless.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Yes i agree with you james...

I wonder how it felt for mages when warriors had the windmill glitch..completely unfair.. or rogues with OP weps and aim shots..

My alt is mage n i have the perfect items n build for pvp and pve,, but i still prefer to pvp with my warrior... because mages have issues.... and mainly health.....

Before PVP mages were awesome..

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Wrong section.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    Wrong section.
    Wrong opinion.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Where are these winning strategies of yours? I see 5 posts from you, one when you created this thread to whine and four more replying to people in your thread.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MysticalEagle View Post
    Rollo's right this should be in suggestions and feedback
    Aww, thanks you.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chitgoks View Post
    my sentiments exactly!
    Wrong section.
    This is your second post of the same nature, please try to contribute something in the discussion instead of just telling the author that he posted in the wrong section.

No offense!
    duck dynasty falls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Aww, thanks you.
    You are most welcome.
    Glad it made you happy.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Limsyoker View Post
    This is your second post of the same nature, please try to contribute something in the discussion instead of just telling the author that he posted in the wrong section.

No offense!
    I was trying to contribute to the general section by having this tantrum of a thread moved. I can't see any other way to improve upon it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts

Let me read carefully.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesThelord View Post
    TO BE VERY MODEST, TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF VERRRRY HUMBLE,

STS DEVELOPERS are you trying to get rid of all sorcerers??????????
    Probably not, they just gave us a nice little boost and stated that of the next two expansions one will be dedicated to sorcerers just as this current one was for rogues.

i have tolerated all stupid nonsenses, stupid updates, stupid disadvantages toward sorcerers until now, in the mean time i have been the highest dps, highest dmg sorcerer since last two three updates.
    I disagree with your comments about "stupid" and cannot agree if you have the highest DPS (which doesn't mean much for our class) or DMG without seeing your stats and comparing it to those of others.

If you DEVELOPERS are serious with updates and trying hard to balance right, PLAY SORCERER AND TEST, FEEL THE ABSURD WEAKNESS.
    I'm quite sure they do, some of the pictures they released before releasing updates showed them playing sorcerers. I'm not sure what the absurd weakness is you speak of in the second half of this piece.

Without any doubt, you developers are RUINING THE SORCERER CLASS, disadvantaing EVERY SINGLE ASPECTS OF THE CLASS, therefore, many of sorcerers are leaving AL, QUITTING AL .
    I don't agree that they are ruining the class, in fact I can't think of any major changes made to specifically weaken us. Not sure how they are specifically disadvantaging us, unless you speak of the fact that we are sorcerers and not damage sponges like warriors or dodge things as much as rogues do.

I do not know every sorcerer, therefore I cannot comment if many are leaving or quitting AL... well, I'm quite sure many do leave AL from time to time when the real world calls them back.

SHOULD I DESCRIBE ALL THE DETAILED DISADVANTAGES AND HILARIOUS issues here?
    Please do, I would love to read what you feel is so wrong.

Beneficial updates and modifications for warriors since there are many complaints from MANY WARRIORS? come on.... It is really disgusting and FRUSTRATING. majority makes the RULE?
    Can't say if those were in response, or just pushed up to the front. Perhaps after all the complaints they went back to their test servers and realized some more adjustments were required. Perhaps those were in the works already and just didn't make the cut off for the update on the 12th.

ALL SORCERES FEEL THE SAME, I am not NOT NOT asking u guys to unfairly support sorcerers, BUT. HELLO , AT LEAST U developers should LET SORCERERS play AL . UNDERSTAND???????
    I don't, and I'm pretty sure Energizeric also does not feel the same as he stated so in this thread. I play quite often actually, and I normally see other sorcerers playing too. I do not understand.

SO RIDICULOUS , I SHALL QUIT IF Your INTENTIONS ARE TO REOVE SORCERER PLAYERS IN ARCANE, AND REMEMBER, I WILL NOT BE THE ALONE.
    ( Ah, as an adult, I am NEVER THREATENing, JUST OFFICIALLY EXPRESSING MY OWN STANDINGS)
    Again, I'm pretty sure their intent is not to remove sorcerers. If it was, it would not make sense for them to make beneficial changes to us as they just did. No comment on the adult thing (but you could use some practice in typing and writing, this is not easy to read), but it sure does sound like you are threatening (the screaming, that's what all caps means if you didn't know, does make it seem that way).

Tons of plat? I dont care, tons of deaths? I dont care. Even now, i kill so many at PVP. (Die or kill is not my point)
    Not sure what the point of this section is, but good for you in killing so many in PvP.

Don't just change our beloved ARCANE LEGENDS into Warcane LEGENDS.
    Haven't heard them say anything about changing the name, I agree Warcane LEGENDS sounds pretty stupid.

PS. Not a single blame toward warriors. kindly don't misunderstand.

- jamesthelord -
    I'm sure those that play warriors do not feel you are blaming them, but maybe they misunderstand.

So, I read it carefully, I stand by my original reply to you.

13. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Valsacar For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

I was trying to contribute to the general section by having this tantrum of a thread moved. I can't see any other way to improve upon it.
    Just leave it be or PM a moderator about it.

"Wrong section" will only cause drama.

*waits for Rollo to edit my post*

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Valsacar View Post
    Let me read carefully.

Probably not, they just gave us a nice little boost and stated that of the next two expansions one will be dedicated to sorcerers just as this current one was for rogues.

I disagree with your comments about "stupid" and cannot agree if you have the highest DPS (which doesn't mean much for our class) or DMG without seeing your stats and comparing it to those of others.

I'm quite sure they do, some of the pictures they released before releasing updates showed them playing sorcerers. I'm not sure what the absurd weakness is you speak of in the second half of this piece.

I don't agree that they are ruining the class, in fact I can't think of any major changes made to specifically weaken us. Not sure how they are specifically disadvantaging us, unless you speak of the fact that we are sorcerers and not damage sponges like warriors or dodge things as much as rogues do.

I do not know every sorcerer, therefore I cannot comment if many are leaving or quitting AL... well, I'm quite sure many do leave AL from time to time when the real world calls them back.

Please do, I would love to read what you feel is so wrong.

Can't say if those were in response, or just pushed up to the front. Perhaps after all the complaints they went back to their test servers and realized some more adjustments were required. Perhaps those were in the works already and just didn't make the cut off for the update on the 12th.

I don't, and I'm pretty sure Energizeric also does not feel the same as he stated so in this thread. I play quite often actually, and I normally see other sorcerers playing too. I do not understand.

Again, I'm pretty sure their intent is not to remove sorcerers. If it was, it would not make sense for them to make beneficial changes to us as they just did. No comment on the adult thing (but you could use some practice in typing and writing, this is not easy to read), but it sure does sound like you are threatening (the screaming, that's what all caps means if you didn't know, does make it seem that way).

Not sure what the point of this section is, but good for you in killing so many in PvP.

Haven't heard them say anything about changing the name, I agree Warcane LEGENDS sounds pretty stupid.

I'm sure those that play warriors do not feel you are blaming them, but maybe they misunderstand.

So, I read it carefully, I stand by my original reply to you.
    This person deserves a medal, really.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Hiosahaf View Post
    Do you even lift bro?
    Ive got this friend, Sulpherdoxide, he's a mage. And he crits at 200 and he's one of the most powerful mages I know. Even babybentley. Just improve your items!its not as if you have good skills!
    The lifting comment was unessecary
    And if the most powerful sorcerer does 200 the class is screwed cause 200 is nothing...
    PL (DEADBITE L.75 bird UGOTSNIPEDDD L.66 bird NIFECALEDLUST L.55)
    AL (DEADBITE L.16 warrior TENDENCIES L.16 rogue SWANSONGS L.16 mage)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    33 Posts

TO BE VERY MODEST, TRYING TO KEEP MYSELF VERRRRY HUMBLE,

STS DEVELOPERS are you trying to get rid of all sorcerers??????????

i have tolerated all stupid nonsenses, stupid updates, stupid disadvantages toward sorcerers until now, in the mean time i have been the highest dps, highest dmg sorcerer since last two three updates.

If you DEVELOPERS are serious with updates and trying hard to balance right, PLAY SORCERER AND TEST, FEEL THE ABSURD WEAKNESS.

Without any doubt, you developers are RUINING THE SORCERER CLASS, disadvantaing EVERY SINGLE ASPECTS OF THE CLASS, therefore, many of sorcerers are leaving AL, QUITTING AL .

SHOULD I DESCRIBE ALL THE DETAILED DISADVANTAGES AND HILARIOUS issues here?

Beneficial updates and modifications for warriors since there are many complaints from MANY WARRIORS? come on.... It is really disgusting and FRUSTRATING. majority makes the RULE?

ALL SORCERES FEEL THE SAME, I am not NOT NOT asking u guys to unfairly support sorcerers, BUT. HELLO , AT LEAST U developers should LET SORCERERS play AL . UNDERSTAND???????

SO RIDICULOUS , I SHALL QUIT IF Your INTENTIONS ARE TO REOVE SORCERER PLAYERS IN ARCANE, AND REMEMBER, I WILL NOT BE THE ALONE.
    ( Ah, as an adult, I am NEVER THREATENing, JUST OFFICIALLY EXPRESSING MY OWN STANDINGS)

Tons of plat? I dont care, tons of deaths? I dont care. Even now, i kill so many at PVP. (Die or kill is not my point)

Don't just change our beloved ARCANE LEGENDS into Warcane LEGENDS.

PS. Not a single blame toward warriors. kindly don't misunderstand.

- jamesthelord -
    Wow! Did u play other games? Sorcerers are most weak in near range in whole mmorpg. I play with my sorcerer and I can easily kill mobs and pvp (warriors, rogues) it doesnt matters. Before blaming devs just try to look at your build and understand what are u doing wrong Warriors are not so hard to kill On my lvl 21 i can get lvl 23 warriors (lvl 25 is hard really) Mobs are easy from a distance and if you are trying to get them from closeups u will never succeed in any mmorpg because mage is a long range class. I may say that all classes are balanced not so bad here and other is just your skills and build

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Totallymad View Post
    Wow! Did u play other games? Sorcerers are most weak in near range in whole mmorpg. I play with my sorcerer and I can easily kill mobs and pvp (warriors, rogues) it doesnt matters. Before blaming devs just try to look at your build and understand what are u doing wrong Warriors are not so hard to kill On my lvl 21 i can get lvl 23 warriors (lvl 25 is hard really) Mobs are easy from a distance and if you are trying to get them from closeups u will never succeed in any mmorpg because mage is a long range class. I may say that all classes are balanced not so bad here and other is just your skills and build
    lvl up to 26. do some elite map then come back common on top end discussions. pls. normal map mobs and elite mobs r different story.
    Last edited by warbluefish; 03-15-2013 at 07:28 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    315 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by warbluefish View Post
    lvl up to 26. do some elite map then come back common on top end discussions. pls.
    This.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    84 Posts

Sorecerers r the most difficult class to play i think. U guys need experiment a lot trying different builds using tons of plat for it. And yet when warriors got some nerfing not so be to easy to play but still easiest class to play, most of them just refuse to experiment - during a free respec and adapt as u do for i dont know how long.
    Sorcerers was complaining way longer but warriors get update right after 2 days....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    552 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Uzii View Post
    Sorecerers r the most difficult class to play i think. U guys need experiment a lot trying different builds using tons of plat for it. And yet when warriors got some nerfing not so be to easy to play but still easiest class to play, most of them just refuse to experiment - during a free respec and adapt as u do for i dont know how long.
    Sorcerers was complaining way longer but warriors get update right after 2 days....
    Good guys finish last!
    duck dynasty falls