Adjust and overcome.
    lol yep

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by grrims View Post
    lol yep
    I think it's adapt but whatever, same meaning eh?
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts

Rhinos are good at 56.
    Currahee

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Rhinos have no problems in PvE, except Koal. To fix their uselessness in PvP, I think the solution is:

- Increase HP to 500
    - Increase Rhino Might stuntime to 4.5s
    - Increase Charge range to 12m

Rhinos will still have sucky damage, of course, but at least no one will be kiting the rhino. The increased stun lets them run away / get backup. I can just imagine a chargin' rhino that stuns 3-4 players, allowing his mates to one-shot everyone before they can even move. Now THAT is support.

Birds would be forced to stand far apart and not huddle together while one-shotting other players like a death train. In other words they would be forced to actually strategize.
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-10-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    The Rhino is a support class rather than a damage class. The Rhino is supposed buff allies then tank enemies so your allies can kill easier. Just because the class isn't good at killing doesn't mean it's bad in general. Play the class correctly and your team will win.
    Unfortunately, there is no motivation in a game like PL (a small MMO) to be the supportive character. The only legit supporting you'll ever do is in end game ctf... not even in PvE, it's all button smashing.

I use a 75 rhino for Endgame CTF (it's full Str) so it's an incredible tanker. It cannot kill though - just play with a bird or something. I found the the Fox to be extremely fun for "rushing".

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

Ghost that actually sounds extremely fun for ctf..
    Flated.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    Unfortunately, there is no motivation in a game like PL (a small MMO) to be the supportive character. The only legit supporting you'll ever do is in end game ctf... not even in PvE, it's all button smashing.

I use a 75 rhino for Endgame CTF (it's full Str) so it's an incredible tanker. It cannot kill though - just play with a bird or something. I found the the Fox to be extremely fun for "rushing".
    I tried some CTF today, and I have no idea how you solve the following problem:

Enemy is 3 birds, and they simply kill u whenever u go near the flag. Whenever the birds die, they respawn in the room next to the flag and then they kill u.

Tanking? No such thing as tanking. Bird gets within 12m, u just die. Buffed, no buff, doesn't matter. The bird can kill u before u blink. We're looking at 100-400 dmg hits coming in fast. Your skills are worthless and barely touch them. Your vital force is worthless because it's only 36 damage. Meanwhile your team is playing 2 killers vs 3 killers from the other side. They slowly advance and murder you enough times until they get to the flag and then murder u all the way back to their base like artillery. Your teammate dies, you revive your teammate, the birds one shot your teammate again and then they one shot you. Your teammate accuses you of being useless and leaves the game.

With this kind of performance I'd rather be a fox so I can at least murder the bird before running away. What is the point of being a running tank that cannot actually tank?
    Last edited by whisperwalk; 04-12-2013 at 04:40 AM.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX:1045756
    Quote Originally Posted by Roberto077 View Post
    The Rhino is a support class rather than a damage class. The Rhino is supposed buff allies then tank enemies so your allies can kill easier. Just because the class isn't good at killing doesn't mean it's bad in general. Play the class correctly and your team will win.

Im already starting a fox to cap and see how well it does...ill also try rhino.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..