Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Load outs for purchased respecs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Default Load outs for purchased respecs

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but I'd like to have the ability to save builds I've purchased through respec'ing (is that even a word?!) so I can then switch between builds rapidly. There are times I'd prefer a particular build for a particular need and being able to rapidly switch between builds would be awesome. Seeing we pay plat for the builds I don't see this as an unreasonable request!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

I actually suggested something similar in an announcement thread sometime ago.

I agree that we should at least have a possibility to switch between PvP and PvE builds. The problem in this game is that we can only use 4 skills at the same time. This means that a golden PvP build can be utter crap in PvE and vice versa.

I also think that this would make more people try out PvP, I know I would. At the moment I haven't even tried PvP because I prefer a good PvE build, and it would definitely suck in PvP. I can also see it would help out PvE, more specifically elite farming. I often see people who clearly have PvP builds farming there while, generally speaking, most PvP builds just aren't suited for fast elite runs.

This was also suggested for PL numerous times, but never got implemented. Although for PL, where you can access all of your skills instead of only 4, it's less of a problem.

I can understand, from a business perspective, that they want us to pay for each respec, so I doubt they would give us unlimited 'respec-slots'. But I'm thoroughly convinced it would both benefit the games' PvE and PvP to get at least 2 of those slots.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

That would rock! Thats certainly one of the issues keeping me from PVP, at least @ endgame...
    PL: Disko <Eclipse> | AL: Disko | BD: Disko <Exodus>

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

I can understand, from a business perspective, that they want us to pay for each respec, so I doubt they would give us unlimited 'respec-slots'. But I'm thoroughly convinced it would both benefit the games' PvE and PvP to get at least 2 of those slots.
    Yes, even having the option to do two would be good, but I could see myself purchasing a lot after this free respec event. When respecs aren't free, I never pay plat to respec. I just think it's a waste of money, so if they implemented this, they may find that players, like myself, will actually use the option to respec and buy a number of builds. I can already think of four I really liked during this recent free event but I've had to stick with my most favorite because I refuse to pay 5 plat each time I want to switch to a build better suited to taking down a boss fast.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pandamoni For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    Yes, even having the option to do two would be good, but I could see myself purchasing a lot after this free respec event. When respecs aren't free, I never pay plat to respec. I just think it's a waste of money, so if they implemented this, they may find that players, like myself, will actually use the option to respec and buy a number of builds. I can already think of four I really liked during this recent free event but I've had to stick with my most favorite because I refuse to pay 5 plat each time I want to switch to a build better suited to taking down a boss fast.
    I don't have access to STS's sales database but I think that the people willing to respec (a lot) far outweigh the people who don't.

I have done at least 20-30 (+?) paid respecs myself (on all my toons), before they became free. Being a stats freak as I am, I've come to know people who did far more respecs than me. I even know people who respec depending of the specs of the rest of the team, just so they can farm the most effective way possible. That's way I stated the business perspective thing.

Aside from the business perspective though, I'm convinced that adding a second (paid) skill set would benefit the game as a whole, for the reasons stated earlier. So I'm hoping devs will listen to our suggestions made here.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JaytB View Post
    I actually suggested something similar in an announcement thread sometime ago.

I agree that we should at least have a possibility to switch between PvP and PvE builds. The problem in this game is that we can only use 4 skills at the same time. This means that a golden PvP build can be utter crap in PvE and vice versa.

I also think that this would make more people try out PvP, I know I would. At the moment I haven't even tried PvP because I prefer a good PvE build, and it would definitely suck in PvP. I can also see it would help out PvE, more specifically elite farming. I often see people who clearly have PvP builds farming there while, generally speaking, most PvP builds just aren't suited for fast elite runs.

This was also suggested for PL numerous times, but never got implemented. Although for PL, where you can access all of your skills instead of only 4, it's less of a problem.

I'm in total agreement. I stopped pvping because I refuse to spend my plat switching between builds. Developers did mention a long while back that it was something that we could expect.

Here

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Pandamoni View Post
    I see... you're saying, for example, pay 25 plat for a skill build slot. Then you can switch between it and another one without paying? Fantastic. Hell... make it 50. Or 100. (I prefer 25) I'd still buy it.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-19-2013 at 02:15 PM.

Guardian of Alterra FluffNStuff's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    551 Posts

One thing that is interesting is if you look at your purchase history it charges you separate for Skill and Stat Point respect. One is charged at 2 plat and the other at 3 plat. But the only option is to reset both for 5 plat. I assume PvP changes are skills only, so it would save some plat to have an individual button. The system is already set up to process it.

The Hundred Acre Legends:
    HunnySniper - HunnyStorm
    Please Fill out the End Game Pet Survey!|||||| What's With that Shield Icon?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FluffNStuff View Post
    One thing that is interesting is if you look at your purchase history it charges you separate for Skill and Stat Point respect. One is charged at 2 plat and the other at 3 plat. But the only option is to reset both for 5 plat. I assume PvP changes are skills only, so it would save some plat to have an individual button. The system is already set up to process it.
    Yeah as far as I can remember it has been that way since limited launch. So it seems like they even have a way to separate the two if they wanted.

However, if it even costs one plat to have respec between pvp/pve each time, I'll just choose one or the other.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

This change = less plat for STS. If it were implemented, they would find a way to charge for something else to make up the difference. Charging for this has never made sense to me anyways.

Is this where I bring up not being able to keep faces I've purchased?? o.O
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    231 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I see... you're saying, for example, pay 25 plat for a skill build slot. Then you can switch between it and another one without paying? Fantastic. Hell... make it 50. Or 100. (I prefer 25) I'd still buy it.
    Well, um, yeah, that's totally what I was saying (haha, not really, but it is a great idea. I hadn't really formulated a solid thought about it but was hoping to throw the idea out and see what others thought--you improved on the idea )

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

This is a good idea, make a plat purchased dual spec. couldnt think of anyone who wouldnt buy this offer...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

+1 for sure!
    Avelynia - Rouge :: Avenore - Warrior :: Avellex - Sorcerer

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonTider View Post
    This change = less plat for STS. If it were implemented, they would find a way to charge for something else to make up the difference. Charging for this has never made sense to me anyways.

Is this where I bring up not being able to keep faces I've purchased?? o.O
    Way I see it, they are going to find ways anyway. Might as well get somthing cool out of it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    105 Posts

Great idea.
    But i am sure they wouldn't do this. No good business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Yes!!!! I would deff. pay even 25 plat just to keep from switching back and forth. I think 2 slots would be fine, maybe if you wanted more slots again you would have to pay plat.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

Let's see... People (including me) would be willing to pay a decent amount of plat, worth many respecs, for this feature, and there's the undeniable fact it would benefit the games' PvP and PvE.

Sounds like a win-win to me.

U rok, thanks!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I agree that this idea is a win-win. 2 slots is very fair. I have multiple type build that I enjoy, but cannot use them because of the 5 plat cost. I don't pvp because of this limitation.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I guess I am the only one who does not like this idea. I think you should have to compromise your build if you want to be a well rounded player, or if you want to be a one-dimensional player you can choose to do that. I don't think we should be able to change our specs back and forth depending on what we are doing at a particular moment.

The Castle That Never Was, with my Shadowstar and Eternal Frost, also with Ebonine.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    368 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Energizeric View Post
    I guess I am the only one who does not like this idea. I think you should have to compromise your build if you want to be a well rounded player, or if you want to be a one-dimensional player you can choose to do that. I don't think we should be able to change our specs back and forth depending on what we are doing at a particular moment.
    Sure, but think about it, Right now life giver makes aggro to sorcerer. It pve, it would be much better to replace it with time shift. For pvp, life.

All for One, and One for All!
    The Brightest of Flames..cast the Darkest of Shadows..
    One who knows nothing cannot understand anything..