Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

Default Mage skill improvment

As a mage i feel some of the mage skills r really odd ATM.

Lifegiver. Compare to warrior and rogue heal skills . lifegiver is the weakest. it heals the least has long cool down. really 70% of mages health is not that much. not even enough for one aimed shot without crit and a couple hit from warrior. The mana heal is pure group support skill. it only recovers 10% of mages mana but almost full mana fo rogue and warriors. as other classes their puffing skill mostly benefit themselves. warriors heal and new VB gives much better group support.

suggestion . anyway it will heal most mana for the teammates why dont make it more powerful . make it can heal mages mana as 30%. Warriors has their vb and allow them dont use any pots. why cant mage?

Shield.

The shield is the most used deffensive skill for mage. its very useful. specially the 2 sec. its the only thing mages can protect being one shot killed. but 500 dmg protection is a bit low as current level in pvp and pve elite maps. i understand mages r for support. but sometimes there is no warrior in ur side and u have to tank. even with warriors sometime when team vs team. warrior want mages to through fireball first before they jump in. in both case its a suicide mission. after the 2 sec. the shield can only take a couple of shot from rogue and not even a full windmill.

suggestion.

pls make the shield observe more dmg and u can make it last shorter to make the balance. as currently the shield never last the full length before break.

Time shift.

Time shift is a very very good skill when pve. but mobs only. its useless when fight bosses. it doesnt snare or root the boss with the upgrade. as rogues trap is much suppior crowd control skill in pve.

and in pvp time shift is a bit odd. as warrior skyward and rogues piercer all can jump out the time shift effect area. and also u have to go near the the enemy to cast it. it is too risky for a little tiny blue guy. as use it purely for kiting . i feel it wasted a skill slot.

suggestion. i know it would b unfair to the elite bosses that rogue and mage all have the skill to snare them. but as most rogues r spec for pvp. not many of them r using trap. pls make time shift snare the elite boss. and in pvp maybe make the time shifts dmg release evenly during the whole effecting time. as it can do dmg even kiting. its useless when chasing others anyway.

Course.

i used course when i was lv16 and lv21. it seems worked well. but at lv26 iwe just cant see the different it makes in pve. lol.

Over all mages skills dont have much side effects as others. defensive skills just defensive. no.debuffing or dmg like blade shield. it feels a bit boring as all stun and push depend on luck.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to warbluefish For This Useful Post: