Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What I'm usually seeing in PvP nowadays...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

nowadays? its been so since a while xD
    - PL - Founder and proud C.O.T. officer
    RicciTS > DEX Bird L77 | Ricci > INT Mage L76 | XCarver> STR/DEX Bear L71
    and many more....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    119 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RangingMantis View Post
    If you were a D.O.G like me you wouldn't give a F, about any of this.
    Dogs rule. We own all
    Except dogs run away from vacuum cleaners.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by XghostzX View Post
    I feel ya, Reun. Pocket Legends PvP has been like this for awhile. Unfortunately, PvP is not properly set up for FFA arenas, and even though we the players can technically do something, it's virtually impossible to change what it is now.

Honestly, I love the devs, but I do blame it on them. They've known this issue forever, and there are so many basic solutions:

-Disable Chat in some PvP Maps
    -Can only PvP once there are an even amount of teams
    -Add some incentive to PvPing. Possibly like in Super Smash Brothers, you have a time limit and have to get the most kills, etc. In Order and Chaos, you can enter the arena and be paired off with a random team (2v2 or 4v4) and the goal was to kill the other team. You'd win arena points which can be used to obtain PvP gear. Now THAT'S an incentive.
    -Protected by an "invisible wall" before the match begins to give everyone a fair advantage
    -Don't make PvP primarily based off of teams - make it everyone for themselves.

I hate it when people say "mute the person." I'm not going to mute every single person I see that gets pissed when I rush.

Not to mention the fact that some people have reputations in game. If they get caught rushing, it for some reason makes them look really bad. Again; this can be resolved by making PvP more fun, balanced and implementing different ideas/PvP modes.

Do what I do when I twink, and make your own games. If people call you "noob" or start to team you, just boot them. (I sometimes enjoy playing against one or more people based on what class is OP...)

What ticks me off most is that people develop these huge egos. I suppose this is a bit off topic of you're thread, Reun, but I'm on a roll right now. When classes go unbalanced, the class that's OP everyone sides towards (Birds < bears < mage < Fox/Rhino) ---> this is referring to end game PvP. Birds have the biggest ego's in game. I'm not going to name off people, but one person in particular whose thread was recently locked on the forums would constantly brag about how he was the "best." For using the most OP class with the most OP gear (capable of dodging 3/4 the time when buffed and one-shot killing), he would annoy those by hiding behind a tree. This was his way of luring others.

I'm just sick of PvP is all. Like I said, I was on a roll Reun I could go on.
    - In some maps a mute would be fun to have as it would increase ffa possibilities. But I do enjoy sometimes the chat either just for joking with friends or to see the immense rage as I suddenly rush an unexpected victim. Not for all, but for like 1 dm and 1 ctf map.

-Incentives would be nice (aka PvP gear). I like SWtORs PvP. It has a special expertize stat which increses the damage done and reduces damage received in short, in PvP only. U can buy PvP gear from vendors, starter pack is purchased with money, and the good stuff is purchased with "commendations" which u gain by playing PvP. The amount of commendations u get from a single pvp game depends on how much medals u get and if u win the match or not. Gaining medals is essential and gaining medals isn't just killing mindlessly. Best way to gain those medals is to play objectives, so it encourages all of PvPers to play objective in order to get maximum medals and therefore commendations. Teamplay is all which matters. Best form of PvP.

But for PL PvP gear is impossible. The ones who haven't PvPed enough to receive PvP gear will be all like "boohooooo that guy has advantage over me". The player base is just too immature for PvP gear. Perhaps it could be a vanity set gained from kills but it would arouse huge negativity if that gear would even give 1 dmg or 1 armor. A bit complicated but some recognition would be nice.

-Would reduce "noob farming" in general and would be nice alltogether. But it would be kinda boring to just wait for full teams. And what if someone leaves during game? Another wall?

- I personally enjoy playing with my friends who know how to play the darn gane. Sure it would be easier for the opposing team but what use is to have lots of friends in PvP but not being able to play with them? Maybe same sort of thing as in muted games, 1 dm map and 1 ctf map.

And about classes, it's true that there are lots of birds in end game atm as they are op but as mages were insanely op during fang cap, almost every game consisted from like 4 mages, 1 bear and 1 archer. It's a bit different atm as every single class is capable of one or two shotting. Mages drain can still be 1 hit kill vs Birds, bears can beckon + stomp kill almost everyone. It's just that Birds most damaging skills are instant whereas mages and bears top damage skills require more time to cast. I would have rolled with my bird even if this cap we were as underpowered as we were during Fang cap as I love it. And the arrogance may be explained by the possibility to dodge and just spam skills. It's more luck based than ever. Heck, yesterday I was able to wipe out a 4 man group in castle keep away with 1 mage heal. It's just ridiculous.

Luminary Poster
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    615 Posts

I disagree about the mute thing; communication would be impossible. As for the trash talking, maybe auto-mute for an hour? And I'm saying like gtfo, stfu, all those mean acronyms

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    235 Posts

I love me some good trash talk.

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dudetus View Post
    I feel ya, Reun. Pocket Legends PvP has been like this for awhile. Unfortunately, PvP is not properly set up for FFA arenas, and even though we the players can technically do something, it's virtually impossible to change what it is now.

Honestly, I love the devs, but I do blame it on them. They've known this issue forever, and there are so many basic solutions:

-Add some incentive to PvPing. Possibly like in Super Smash Brothers, you have a time limit and have to get the most kills, etc. In Order and Chaos, you can enter the arena and be paired off with a random team (2v2 or 4v4) and the goal was to kill the other team. You'd win arena points which can be used to obtain PvP gear. Now THAT'S an incentive.
    -Protected by an "invisible wall" before the match begins to give everyone a fair advantage

I hate it when people say "mute the person." I'm not going to mute every single person I see that gets pissed when I rush.

Not to mention the fact that some people have reputations in game. If they get caught rushing, it for some reason makes them look really bad. Again; this can be resolved by making PvP more fun, balanced and implementing different ideas/PvP modes.

Do what I do when I twink, and make your own games. If people call you "noob" or start to team you, just boot them. (I sometimes enjoy playing against one or more people based on what class is OP...)

What ticks me off most is that people develop these huge egos. I suppose this is a bit off topic of you're thread, Reun, but I'm on a roll right now. When classes go unbalanced, the class that's OP everyone sides towards (Birds < bears < mage < Fox/Rhino) ---> this is referring to end game PvP. Birds have the biggest ego's in game. I'm not going to name off people, but one person in particular whose thread was recently locked on the forums would constantly brag about how he was the "best." For using the most OP class with the most OP gear (capable of dodging 3/4 the time when buffed and one-shot killing), he would annoy those by hiding behind a tree. This was his way of luring others.

- In some maps a mute would be fun to have as it would increase ffa possibilities. But I do enjoy sometimes the chat either just for joking with friends or to see the immense rage as I suddenly rush an unexpected victim. Not for all, but for like 1 dm and 1 ctf map.

-Incentives would be nice (aka PvP gear). I like SWtORs PvP. It has a special expertize stat which increses the damage done and reduces damage received in short, in PvP only. U can buy PvP gear from vendors, starter pack is purchased with money, and the good stuff is purchased with "commendations" which u gain by playing PvP. The amount of commendations u get from a single pvp game depends on how much medals u get and if u win the match or not. Gaining medals is essential and gaining medals isn't just killing mindlessly. Best way to gain those medals is to play objectives, so it encourages all of PvPers to play objective in order to get maximum medals and therefore commendations. Teamplay is all which matters. Best form of PvP.

But for PL PvP gear is impossible. The ones who haven't PvPed enough to receive PvP gear will be all like "boohooooo that guy has advantage over me". The player base is just too immature for PvP gear. Perhaps it could be a vanity set gained from kills but it would arouse huge negativity if that gear would even give 1 dmg or 1 armor. A bit complicated but some recognition would be nice.

-Would reduce "noob farming" in general and would be nice alltogether. But it would be kinda boring to just wait for full teams. And what if someone leaves during game? Another wall?

- I personally enjoy playing with my friends who know how to play the darn gane. Sure it would be easier for the opposing team but what use is to have lots of friends in PvP but not being able to play with them? Maybe same sort of thing as in muted games, 1 dm map and 1 ctf map.

And about classes, it's true that there are lots of birds in end game atm as they are op but as mages were insanely op during fang cap, almost every game consisted from like 4 mages, 1 bear and 1 archer. It's a bit different atm as every single class is capable of one or two shotting. Mages drain can still be 1 hit kill vs Birds, bears can beckon + stomp kill almost everyone. It's just that Birds most damaging skills are instant whereas mages and bears top damage skills require more time to cast. I would have rolled with my bird even if this cap we were as underpowered as we were during Fang cap as I love it. And the arrogance may be explained by the possibility to dodge and just spam skills. It's more luck based than ever. Heck, yesterday I was able to wipe out a 4 man group in castle keep away with 1 mage heal. It's just ridiculous.
    -I'm not saying every map would have the mute to it. A vast majority.. Nobody realizes that there's this thing called a "1v1 map."

-PL pvp gear is highly logical. I don't think STS players would have a problem with that. You hear sts players complaining about elite vanities because it's all about money. In PvP, it's actually fun. It doesn't feel like a chore. The problem is that STS is not going to want to actually do the work for this.

-Again, some maps would be like this. I'd rather have a fair game and wait, then for it to be a pointless game where haters are all over you. Ever try AL PvP? There's a huge community, it wouldn't take long to even out a game. A matter of 60 seconds.

-Again, this doesn't go for every map.

-Dudetus, these classes of being OP is out of hand. Mages used to have the upper hand, but it still wasn't a walk through the park. If you play end game as a mage, you become pro by hiding behind trees and walls. That wasn't the case back then even when mages were slightly more OP. In facts, birds that were highly skilled had no problem competing (I'm thinking of Dolloway and Kanital).

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,058 Posts

-I'm not saying every map would have the mute to it. A vast majority.. Nobody realizes that there's this thing called a "1v1 map."

-PL pvp gear is highly logical. I don't think STS players would have a problem with that. You hear sts players complaining about elite vanities because it's all about money. In PvP, it's actually fun. It doesn't feel like a chore. The problem is that STS is not going to want to actually do the work for this.

-Again, some maps would be like this. I'd rather have a fair game and wait, then for it to be a pointless game where haters are all over you. Ever try AL PvP? There's a huge community, it wouldn't take long to even out a game. A matter of 60 seconds.

-Again, this doesn't go for every map.

-Dudetus, these classes of being OP is out of hand. Mages used to have the upper hand, but it still wasn't a walk through the park. If you play end game as a mage, you become pro by hiding behind trees and walls. That wasn't the case back then even when mages were slightly more OP. In facts, birds that were highly skilled had no problem competing (I'm thinking of Dolloway and Kanital).
    -Only possibility for PvP gear would be vanities. STS doesn't want competing items for PvE gear as PvE is their main source of money due to elixir usage. And vanities do not need a certain lvl (well, except Dragon gear). If vanities gave stats, then the vanities should be lvl required (perhaps lvl 60 like Dragon gear) as especially low lvl twinking would be harmed. I do not know if u originally meant vanities such I did but actual gear isn't an option.

I do recognize that end game is out of control. And during Fang cap I didn't find the situation hopeless as a Bird, but Archers were underdogs vs. every other class and especially mages. IMO in Humania cap the classes were quite equal with an exception of STR gears damage which gave bears and pallies an upperhand. Or maybe I just became a better player overall.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

I would really agree to this. Everytime a guy rush you, and laughs? You would obvious rush him back -_-. But the problem is, when you kill the guy for 3 times, he totally shut the hell up, he won't even speak anything. But when the first time he kills you, he trash talks the whole time saying that you suck or you are easy. I mean, cmon, lets be realistic, we own you stop saying that we are easy.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

SSB ftw! <3 heheh

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Im not dat talented dewd. Multi tasking hugging trees then spaming skills is hard dewd. I only haz two handz but seriously it is kinda hard to get use to.

Sent using blood on a bathroom wall
    been doin it since 2010 XD
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Blogger
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Zerious View Post
    been doin it since 2010 XD
    Explain to me why theres so many toy birds around lol.

PL) razerfingers, razer, kinglewi SL) deadspace, razerfingers, sharpshooter DL) trueblood, razerfingers, sharpteeth AL) razer, razerfingers, billionaire, donaldtrump

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts

cant say enough how great these ideas are... great post

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mejslll For This Useful Post:

None of your business, creeper... Geez...
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by razerfingers View Post
    Explain to me why theres so many toy birds around lol.

well they wreck, and prolly just want style points, otherwise they'd proly being using monkey paws instaed.... I was considering making the switch myself, but alas, i has no monies and no one wants to buy my lvl 20 purp toy
    Expert pvp builder and tester, horrible execution XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Register View Post
    I was trying to be optimistic. Thanks for eating my fries.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    133 Posts

Lmao i got rushed by L55 bear and i was playing on my L50 rhino (full rift set and shield+scimitar) he was trying to kill me for like 10minutes but i just kept healing and laughing so he just said fk off and left the game most lame rusher ever

Tournament & Ladder Leader XghostzX's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,204 Posts

Nature's first green is gold.
    Her hardest hue to hold.
    Her early leaf's a flower
    but only so an hour.
    Then leaf subsides to leaf.
    And Eden sank to greif.
    Then dawn goes down to day.
    Nothing gold can stay.

Senior Member Fallen_Chisk_Angels's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts

Ignore them and just keep rushing...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    148 Posts

1v1 maps always have a spawner so it's an unfair game but if everything you said was implemented the 1v1 would easily work out

pvp gear isn't really a good idea, this will give people bigger incentive into farming newbie pvpers and a lot of people will definitely complain, people have complained over the exclusivity of a vanity that was given for free they'll definitely complain over pvp gear. Sadly there will always be complainers so I think sts prefer doing nothing and having complainers then doing something and having complainers
    When there is too much

Don't forget

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts

i rush birds with my 56 and get tons of kills,but when mages go ffa, im a goner

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Randomguy For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts

Bewareirush is famous for this -.- but idk he rushes everyone, even other rushers that rushes 'pros' this dude is erratic.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    530 Posts

@Reun Stop pvping at level 12 and join me at 50. You're very right about this post. There are a lot of bullies out there, especially around levels 12-17 and 30-40. It's hard to know who's a good guy and who's not sometimes.

Honestly I'm even struggling with that right now. You say all this as if you don't act like this as well. You can't diss these other guys and then go act just like them; that's called hypocracy. If you join me at 50 and I see that you're different than all of these other guys, you've got a friend to back you for life. I know for a fact there's a lot of other cool guys at 50 who'd be willing to back you up as well.