Thread: Why Merch when you can Mooch? Athenum's In-Depth-Guide to proper begging.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Default Why Merch when you can Mooch? Athenum's In-Depth-Guide to proper begging.

We've all experienced it. Once your level is high enough, jump into Kraag or Windmoore and you'll be flooded with requests for items, gold and power leveling.

Although we try, we can't stop players from doing this. Even within our own respective guilds, we aren't safe from it. That's why I've written this guide. So if you decide that you don't want to put in any hard work in the game and just want to mooch off other people, this guide is for you.

"What to do first?"

1) Get rid of all of your items. While I was leveling, I encountered beggars with better items than I had! So, please people, get rid of your items! All of it. We can inspect your character and see what you have. Don't keep them in inventory, it would be best to liquidate it. After all, we can't see the cash that you have.

2) Get rid of your current gold. I know I said that we can't see a begging players' gold but it's better to be safe than sorry. Remember YOU ARE BEGGING because you have nothing. It's always a good idea to start from scratch.

Question: How do I get rid of my gold?
    Answer: Buy an expensive item and then liquidate it. After that find another beggar, it won't be hard to locate one. Open a trade window with him/her and give it all away. The kindness you show will be returned to you (someday...).

3) Don't ask politely. Usually, this ends up with you being ignored. Assert yourself and keep going. Remember the "please dad..." technique? If you can irritate your parents enough for them to give in, surely other players won't be a problem. They will eventually give into what you are asking.

4) Always ask for more. I remember a warrior beggar who asked me. "Can I has ANY pink?" I gave him a legendary Lightning Sword. He replied not with a thank you but with; "I don't like this, give me more." He sure showed me!

5) Beg in Guild Chat. If you aren't doing this, you're missing out on a lot. Guilds are there so that players can help each other. BEG! Don't be shy. Express yourself. Join a guild and keep begging. I'm sure the officers and guild masters out there will be happy to help you. If they kick you out for begging, they probably weren't really a good guild in the first place. Go tell the next guild you join that you were kicked for begging. I'm sure they will welcome you with open arms and give you everything your heart desires(eventually).

6) Beg in towns, cities and even in PVP, ESPECIALLY in PVP. You need to be heard. Remember if you ask, someone will answer eventually. In PVP this can help the team you join drastically. The opposing team's heart will melt with pity. I'm sure if you ask for a bow, they'll give you the arrows too. Lots of it.

7) No means yes. Being ignored means you're making progress. Of course players will say no at first. But if you keep at it. They will eventually give you what you want.

8) Don't start small. "Can I pls have 300 gold...?" That statement is so wrong. Ask for 10k or 30k just to show that you mean business.

Begging is an art form. With this guide, I hope that you can learn to do it the right way.

2. The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Athenum For This Useful Post: