Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: question about the mythic helmet and weapon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Question question about the mythic helmet and weapon.

Hello sts.

I have a question about the mythic helmet and weapon.
    If the next expansion comes out and lvlcap wil increase to lvl 30, will the helmet and weapon scale up with your lvl?
    Or will they stay lvl 26?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

If they scale up prices will skyrocket
    But to be fair, they should give every owner an option to either leave it at 26 or scale up to 31
    maxing a new set at every lvl cap does not seem do-able for anyone...not even the richest

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    If they scale up prices will skyrocket
    But to be fair, they should give every owner an option to either leave it at 26 or scale up to 31
    maxing a new set at every lvl cap does not seem do-able for anyone...not even the richest

Yeah thats the thing.
    U buy a helm now for lets say 5m. A month later new lvl cap and your helm now is worthless

Tournament & Ladder Leader Genuinous's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Samhayne View Post
    Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.
    Check forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

that quote right there needs to be stickied with size 100 font and bolded

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set just for 99.99$ (that is something that can happen with us)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    98 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl View Post
    these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set just for 99.99$ (that is something that can happen with us)
    LOL

Duh
    AL: Tweekzcoffee | PL: Thestupidness
    AL GUIDES | Arcane & Mythic Items With Pics | Allies | Chests

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hippl View Post
    That's what I'm really worried about... Paying millions of gold and then having to pay like 200 plat per expansion... Would definitely tick off many ppl...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Samhaynes quote just says the chest will match the helm, not that it will be the same level. If I had not seen them do it in other games I would say "yeah it will completely match", but I have seen them put out a helmet at one level and chest at a higher level with a new cap increase before while saying they will match, but just the style matches. I dunno. Trust what you like to.

I have also seen is SL a map that was described by devs as " a chance to get a rare pet when you finish it" well the chance was there,, for plat.
    it was the baby queen. You get to the end and the npc is like well done, buy this pet? Lol

I'll believe it if i'm around still to see it, until then it's just vague enough to get them off the hook, with an explaination that that post was misunderstood.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    Samhaynes quote just says the chest will match the helm, not that it will be the same level. If I had not seen them do it in other games I would say "yeah it will completely match", but I have seen them put out a helmet at one level and chest at a higher level with a new cap increase before while saying they will match, but just the style matches. I dunno. Trust what you like to.

I have also seen is SL a map that was described by devs as " a chance to get a rare pet when you finish it" well the chance was there,, for plat.
    it was the baby queen. You get to the end and the npc is like well done, buy this pet? Lol

I'll believe it if i'm around still to see it, until then it's just vague enough to get them off the hook, with an explaination that that post was misunderstood.
    Okay so if i understand correct, the helmet that would match the new armor would be completly diffrent from the myth helmet we have now?
    So the myth helmet we now have will be worthless exept for twinks?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsmagic View Post
    Okay so if i understand correct, the helmet that would match the new armor would be completly diffrent from the myth helmet we have now?
    It can be so, there is no definite answer about mythic from devs. Hooks are 100% upgradable (for free or for plat - another question)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Bump in hope of a reply...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

You're paying the premium to have one of the best items for NOW not for LIFE. This is not a end it all type item as the level and content raise.
    Last edited by earhole; 03-26-2013 at 06:44 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by itsmagic View Post
    Let's say don't rule out yet that the helmet won't stay level 26, and the armor level 31, and both matching in appearance, until level 36 (maybe) where the upgrade option comes in. then again maybe just the helmet gets a stat upgrade to be on par with the L31 armor. and maybe an up grade of both at L36, but it won't last they won't keep upgrading it forever. We had "customize" in SL, they could do something similar to change the level of the helm and stats. But instead of "components", and cash.... For free, or plat? Who knows until they do it.

(by the way, still waiting for the arms and legs of the level cap armor set in SL with no timeline or update in sight.) STS moved on to "greener" pastures from SL I guess. That is also a possibility for anything in AL too.

@geniuous only STS could answer, and probably they haven't nailed down exactly what they are going to do, but
    It's a level tied item, at some point it will be underpowered compared to what's out there, then what will it be worth? making Level tied items super rare is a bad move in my opinion, especially if they will make an improved set. I mean it's millions of gold, or lucky couple crates, or hundreds of crates, and in the end sooner or later they will say "that's all". It's like hot potato. That guy at the end caught holding is going to lose. I would have kept to pets being the really rare, maybe adding vanities that are really rare that aren't level tied.
    Sooner or later they will say they are done with those items. Then it's gonna be SELL,SELL,SELL!
    Last edited by KillaSkillz; 03-26-2013 at 01:48 PM.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

Here is my guess of what will happen:

The helms will stay level 26 during the next cap. The matching mythic armors will be level 31. When you have a set with both items, it will give some sort of set bonus that will make it the best combination set. Then when the 36 cap comes we will be able to do a quest to craft the set into a new level 36 mythic set with better/updated stats. Then when the 41 cap comes they will be outdated and we will be onto new and better mythic/arcane items.

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Sighhh

Originally Posted by Samhayne
    Mythic: There is a Mythic rarity Helm available for each class. The plan is that a Mythic rarity Armor for each class will drop in the next expansion to match. In the expansion after that, these Mythic rarity Helm and Armor set will be able to be turned in for an improved set.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jellowpy View Post
    Sighhh

Originally Posted by Samhayne
    Thanks for pointing out the obvious, you may find the same quote a couple post up. The question is the method of this turning in...

18.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #18
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

You'll have to wait for the reveal...

...thanks for your patience.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

19.   Click here to go to the next Dev post in this thread.   #19
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,092 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by earhole View Post
    You're paying the premium to have one of the best items for NOW not for LIFE. This is not a end it all type item as the level and content raise.
    This is also true.
    | | | |

Need help? Please visit our Support Website at http://support.spacetimestudios.com

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

@Genuinous
    As you can see i "did" point out the obvious since i just copy pasted fr post above .. Just to stop anymore confusion and trying to post anymore guesses that itll stay the same level( check post abive mine bef you quoted) .. As for ways of turning it in your guess is as good as mine but if logic will prevail itll be a free upgrade that you have a choice if you wanna keep it at lvl 26or lvl 31 to match new lvl 31 mythic armor..

Why i think itll be this way?

Because STS still have an Arcane rarity to get us spending more plat in the future they will let us enjoy mythic rarity helm and armor for 2-3 more major expansion then after that they will introduce Arcane Rarity helms and armors.. For those that have bought or gotten lucky with a mythic armor/helm before wont complain too much since we have enjoyed it for a long period of time and now time to upgrade to Arcane Rarity to match Arcane weapons... If this is the method they will use hardcore gamers who worked hard for their gears wont be pissed because they will still have the next best set that will hold value while they will be workin to earn more gold or buy more plat to get arcane rarity set..

Or they can introduce mythic rarity accesories first to complete the entire se before introducing arcane rarity armor sets

Edit:Typed this before Sam did his..
    @Sam
    I hope you hold true to your word that us that have worked hard for arcane rarity weapon and mythic armor will get to upgrade them in the future for us to enjoy them longer atleast , us your hardcore players that are willing to shell out cash (real money and i game gold) just to have every slight upgrades on our character sheets..
    Last edited by Jellowpy; 03-26-2013 at 05:12 PM.