Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Economy Opinions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Default Economy Opinions

Before crates were introduced most big plat spenders & even the average Joe would convert plat to gold
    With the introduction of crates, the majority of those purchasing plat now decide to gamble on these crates.

This has lead to a pretty dried up economy for a number of reasons
    - too many crate items in ah
    - players undercutting each other paying ridiculous auction fees
    - lowered prices & less incentive to open crates b/c nothing sells
    - our biggest gold influx has diminished b/c players choose to open crates now which return back 0 gold
    - expensive pet feeding at higher levels
    - 1-2k daily quests/5 gold drops/liquidating items @ 5 gold is minisucle and does not provide the economy enough gold

So in short the amount of gold sinks in this game outbalances the gold coming back in.

For example:
    Before - 500 plat ---> 500k gold
    Now - 500 plat ---> Open 33 crates => 500k gold

As you can see in the example, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to convert plat to gold anymore.
    The odds of making back the cost of 33 crates and 500k gold is far higher.

What i'm suggesting is an additional gold loot in place of the pink/arcane/mythic item.
    Perhaps the rate will be set similar to looting a pink and one would loot a bare minimum 15k gold loot to upwards of 50k?
    Last edited by Justg; 03-24-2013 at 09:08 PM.

Guardian of Alterra CrimsonTider's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    904 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone View Post
    Before crates were introduced most big plat spenders & even the average Joe would convert plat to gold.
    With the introduction of crates, the majority of those purchasing plat now decide to gamble on these crates.

This has lead to a pretty dried up economy. (too many crate items in ah, players undercutting each other, lowered prices, less incentive to open crates b/c nothing sells)
    Everyone has items to sell, and nothing is selling anymore b/c the amount of gold sinks in this game outbalances the gold coming back in.

For example:
    Before - 500 plat ---> 500k gold
    Now - 500 plat ---> Open 33 crates => 500k gold

As you can see in the example, there is absolutely no reason for anyone to convert plat to gold anymore.
    The odds of making back the cost of 33 crates and 500k gold is far higher.

What i'm suggesting is a possible gold loot in the place of the pink/arcane/mythic.
    Perhaps a bare minimum 15k gold loot to upwards of 50k?
    Saw this coming the first time I saw the exchange rate for AL. The initial "riches" would be bought by a select few then when STS made their changes to the game, economy would go through struggles. After all, the gold cap raise coming in a 4 month old game versus an almost 3 year old game makes sense.

However, many insist their riches weren't made by plat. Ironic isn't it?

(Response not focused on you Gund. Just a general response.)
    CrimsonTider::Astuteness::Crim::CrimzonTider::IBec kon::Houndstooth
    WreckzNEffect::Intuitive::Kinesiology::Crimagical: :Killtastrophe::SsgtSlaughter::Transfixion
    Arrownaut::Crimtacular::Funkdified::CrimJr

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    93 Posts

Default Economy Dried Up Like a Raisin!

Like the title bro, made me tap the thread haha.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

I disagree. Completely. The last thing al needs is for prices to climb higher. The end game loot is still selling for around our over 1m for just the armor and hat. Don't even count weapons that go from 1-2m.

As it stands, it's already near impossible for newer player to equip with end game gear.

AL: Rare (Rogue)/Common (Warrior)/Mythic (Sorcerer)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aedenos View Post
    I disagree. Completely. The last thing al needs is for prices to climb higher. The end game loot is still selling for around our over 1m for just the armor and hat. Don't even count weapons that go from 1-2m.

As it stands, it's already near impossible for newer player to equip with end game gear.
    So should we just ditch gold as our main currency and use items instead?

Even elite farmers now who put up with the dreadful farming have a hard time selling their loots. Why? b/c no one has gold anymore and those who have some are smart enough to spend it wisely

I wasn't suggesting a drastic change, and 15 plat = 15k gold so why not insert that as a possible loot roll in watch crates instead of bombarding people with junk pinks.

edit: @Aedenos I don't think it's intended for all players to have the top gear. The top gear should be rare enough so only a small portion of the players have them. Farmers will benefit, and those who buy them won't have to worry as much if their armor is dropping.
    The regular gear is very affordable and it's not much worse than the top gear so there's no need to think that everyone deserves to be decked out.

or perhaps you feel that this game needs to be easier for everyone. Increase the drop rates, watch the items drop to few hundred k and everyone will look like clones.
    I do respect your opinion but for me its a big NTY.
    Last edited by gundamsone; 03-24-2013 at 05:45 PM.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Imo the best economy in sts games is sl. Whats the highest item go for now? Last i played it was probably around 50-60k. Also gold isnt hard to get either. But that was around last year in september
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

9. The Following User Says Thank You to xcainnblecterx For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    624 Posts

After playing this game for over a month now, I have to agree to some points made here.

If you're not into merching or don't want to spend a ton of plat, it's really hard to make gold in this game.

Pet feeding, expensive pots, low liquidation fees and quest rewards, high cs listing fees and barely any return on investment in time and effort when running elites? How is a casual player supposed to make some money in this game?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining here, I merch. But if merching or spending plat are the only way to get expensive items, there's something not completely right with the mechanics IMO. Farming should at least make you break even, and not be included as being a gold sink.

So yeah, I don't see why there couldn't be higher gold rewards coming from chests, quests or liquidating items. That way farming would be a more rewarding experience for everyone.

And for all doubters of my rockstar status:
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    U rok, thanks!

11. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JaytB For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

To be honest, I think people are having a hard time selling because they are over valuing their loot.

Why would I pay 2m for a flint lock blade when there is another option that is relatively close for 1/20th the price.

Another example is the drastic difference in price from l25 to level 26. The small stat change does not justify paying almost 10x the price. I think this is the real problem and has been this easy since early on.

The fact that gold for plat is not as beneficial means the economy may stabilize. It also means farmers will have to reconsider what their loot is ACTUALLY worth.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rare For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

The problem with merching JaytB is it's a transfer of wealth.

1 player gains while the other losses.
    In this game there is an additional 5% listing fee to make it even worse

It's about time they start focusing some attention on our economy instead of thinking what new arcane/mythic item to add to watch crates

15. The Following User Says Thank You to gundamsone For This Useful Post:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

To be honest, I think people are having a hard time selling because they are over valuing their loot.

Why would I pay 2m for a flint lock blade when there is another option that is relatively close for 1/20th the price.

Another example is the drastic difference in price from l25 to level 26. The small stat change does not justify paying almost 10x the price. I think this is the real problem and has been this easy since early on.

The fact that gold for plat is not as beneficial means the economy may stabilize. It also means farmers will have to reconsider what their loot is ACTUALLY worth.
    In any MMO, people pay the top for just the slightest increase in stat points.
    It's a choice and not a must. I myself have been wearing watch armor for the entire season and I do just as fine compared to those who spend 10m on gear.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    76 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xcainnblecterx View Post
    Imo the best economy in sts games is sl. Whats the highest item go for now? Last i played it was probably around 50-60k. Also gold isnt hard to get either. But that was around last year in september
    I think so too. Highest items in SL are squidbuddy and xrays, 1.7 and 1.5 million approx. Each. They are both vanities and are pretty reare to get. They are droppable only and aren't affected by a reroll lix. Actually most vanities are the highest priced items in the game. Any level can use them so they never get outdated. We hardly had pinks until DL then they added a whole bunch, only a couple have good values, the rest are junk. You pretty much have to merch to build up credits or it takes a long time to build up a big pile, but it is easy enough to farm and sell and build credits that way. The commons dont really have value, but some greens and more purples do. There's plenty of farming opportunity and there is always something to sell.

This game doesn't have that. Anything below pink is worthless, and even a lot of pinks are worthless. Except for pets, everything is level tied, putting a lifespan on the items. I dont expect those helmets to level adjust when the cap gets raised, i just dont see them doing it based on the other games, although they may do a set bonus.

Im probably going back to SL, i've spent enough time and money on this game and i'm not seeing it going into a direction that i will like. I am just seeing level cap raises and new ways for sts to make revenue and out date previos gear. Everyting has the same lifespan as the level cap banner, sure id like an arcane pet or a mytic helmet, but i dont want to spend $1000 to get it, and i dont want the melmit for 7 million gold if itis underpowered in a cap raise or two.

The economy isn't bad but it leaves A LOT to be desired in my opinion.

KillaSkillz- my guess 8312

Forum Adept
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    24 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I dont expect those helmets to level adjust when the cap gets raised, i just dont see them doing it based on the other games, although they may do a set bonus.
    Matching mythic armor is coming next cap. And both mythics will scale to level the cap after

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts

Dude captain axe of assault is like 10k and is like the 2nd best weapon

Lady_Pebbles

Yep, the economy went down the drain as soon as crates hit the market, the gold cap increased & items bought with plat were able to be sold for gold. There has never been enough gold being looted from running maps. Ever. I had a hard time when I first started playing AL at its release (& stopped playing for a while then returned). I came back one day and looted a pink from a chest I got off of Jarl, wham 350k pink at lvl 16. Problem was, my pets (I had only like 2 or 3 at the time) sucked up all of my gold and pots ridiculously drain my gold as well. High costs for every day things we need in AL & no way to obtain the gold.

Even now, with all The Daily Quests and gold and items we get from them, its like at most 2/3k maybe 4k (including the 1k gold from the KRaken Mines daily) when I do all of them each day and it drains really fast because of the few pets I actually use in PvP & PvE. Along with the costs of posts.

This game turned into a Plat sink. Plain and simple.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    225 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by KillaSkillz View Post
    I think so too. Highest items in SL are squidbuddy and xrays, 1.7 and 1.5 million approx. Each. They are both vanities and are pretty reare to get. They are droppable only and aren't affected by a reroll lix. Actually most vanities are the highest priced items in the game. Any level can use them so they never get outdated. We hardly had pinks until DL then they added a whole bunch, only a couple have good values, the rest are junk. You pretty much have to merch to build up credits or it takes a long time to build up a big pile, but it is easy enough to farm and sell and build credits that way. The commons dont really have value, but some greens and more purples do. There's plenty of farming opportunity and there is always something to sell.

This game doesn't have that. Anything below pink is worthless, and even a lot of pinks are worthless. Except for pets, everything is level tied, putting a lifespan on the items. I dont expect those helmets to level adjust when the cap gets raised, i just dont see them doing it based on the other games, although they may do a set bonus.

Im probably going back to SL, i've spent enough time and money on this game and i'm not seeing it going into a direction that i will like. I am just seeing level cap raises and new ways for sts to make revenue and out date previos gear. Everyting has the same lifespan as the level cap banner, sure id like an arcane pet or a mytic helmet, but i dont want to spend $1000 to get it, and i dont want the melmit for 7 million gold if itis underpowered in a cap raise or two.

The economy isn't bad but it leaves A LOT to be desired in my opinion.
    Actually im probably goin install sl tonight to get drunk and play. I like the other mobile mmos but i dont understand half of what they say and no one pays attention to people who need help lol
    Thing i liked most in sts games is it practically forces.team work, so its kinda.easier to make friends.
    About xrays i thought it was those, but wasnt sure if it.was on dl or.sl
    the day the world died I didn't even say goodbye
    Ign: Pocket Legends: WickedKlownz, Cainnblecter, Corpsefarm, Arcane Legends: cainnblecter, traumatized

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gundamsone:1021599

It's about time they start focusing some attention on our economy instead of thinking what new arcane/mythic item to add to watch crates
    Says the guy with glacian already!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    738 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanee View Post
    Dude captain axe of assault is like 10k and is like the 2nd best weapon
    Read my next post.

In the comment you responded to I was talking about top gear. Not the lesser gear. In my next comment I addressed lesser gear.
    Last edited by Rare; 03-24-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    299 Posts

Thread name change

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Pebbles View Post

Yep, the economy went down the drain as soon as crates hit the market, the gold cap increased & items bought with plat were able to be sold for gold. There has never been enough gold being looted from running maps. Ever. I had a hard time when I first started playing AL at its release (& stopped playing for a while then returned). I came back one day and looted a pink from a chest I got off of Jarl, wham 350k pink at lvl 16. Problem was, my pets (I had only like 2 or 3 at the time) sucked up all of my gold and pots ridiculously drain my gold as well. High costs for every day things we need in AL & no way to obtain the gold.

Even now, with all The Daily Quests and gold and items we get from them, its like at most 2/3k maybe 4k (including the 1k gold from the KRaken Mines daily) when I do all of them each day and it drains really fast because of the few pets I actually use in PvP & PvE. Along with the costs of posts.

This game turned into a Plat sink. Plain and simple.

I agree, my suggestion will be to make the high-end gears of low level (16, 21....so on) be farmable again. Making them available to new players to farm and loot. I know some would react, especially those hoarding, then say, "What? this will flood the market and the price drops, I'm doomed!!!" Let's be honest, at this stage of the game, new players don't have something to look forward too, using crappy gears and near broke amount of gold. How can you call that a game when it's not fun anymore. The market now is going to a direction to become a monopoly of plat players.

Let me add also, if you're a new player who just want to do pvp, forget it, the elite players have breed their twinks with the best gears ready to slaughter you. What are your chances of surviving with a crappy gear? Zero.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,208 Posts

I agree with the OP. I find it funny that someone said you have to merch or spend lots of plat to get end game gear. I can buy the best sealord effigy and wrappings for less than 50k now, and the oracle gun for about 2k. And rogues can use the items that come out of the crates as they are extremely good and cost 1k each. And warriors are a tiny bit more expensive, but again the gear that is cheap is only a tiny bit worse than the very expensive gear.

There has gotta be some gear that is really rare. Really rare by definition means there are not enough to go around. You all keep focusing on the price of mythic/arcane items. Understand that price does not matter --- there are NOT enough to go around. Only 1 in 1000 players can have an arcane item. There's only a few in the game. If they were 1 gold each, there would still only be a few. It's because there are a few that the prices are so high. Short supply results in high prices because people bid up the price.

I'm a bit of a coin collector, and for anyone that knows American coins a 1913 Liberty Nickel is worth about $3m, while a 1912 Liberty Nickel is worth less than $100. Why the difference? Simple -- there are only 5 1913 Liberty Nickels in the world. There are tens of thousands of 1912 Liberty Nickels. Yes, people pay high prices for rare stuff. It will always be that way in any economy.