Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.   Thread: Official Alien Oasis 3: Trials of the Overlord Feedback Thread

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts
    404 - not found ...maybe one day...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I LOVE AO3!
    the bosses are so hard to kill and right now i'm stuck on the second map, unable to kill the mage boss. this is so great and finally provides a challenge! many people won't farm and rush and actually kill the minions.
    Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Ok just got of work and read this thread. I have terrable 3g & wifi signal at this hotel but about to buy some plat and hopefully try this out. Ill be devistated if i have to wait till friday to play. Morning will be here soon soo gtg Ill post later on my thoughts but i already know by other posts ima love it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Well, apparently, I'm odd "man" out on this one... For me it's not an epic win... Felt like the same old mesh with a new skin... Bosses are awesome however... But, I didn't get a single pink in three hours... Not that I care since my hubby and best friend both got pinks and they were level 45 w/ bad stats... We only used elixirs on Galactic... I don't expect to have to use elixirs to play... The lag was terrible... Caused us to die and combos to fall flat... For 20P, I expected spacetime to have spent money to update the servers to stop the lag... We were all lagging in game from different locales so it IS the server... I love that it's hard... The bosses are wonderful... But it felt like the same map made difficult with cool graphics and new bosses... I was very excited but it's not different enough for 20P and servers that can't accomodate all the players., IMO...
    I'd give it 3 out of 5 stars...

***also...the prisoners are terrific...
    Last edited by Furrawn; 10-04-2010 at 09:04 PM.
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts

Good job! Dungeons are big and easy to get lost in, but fun. Bosses require tactics to kill, good job. Little disappointed loot mainly has the same names, but minor.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

The lagg is caused because of skills when everyone slams thier skills it causes massive lagg and sometimes closes the app..
    Do not blame the debs for that
    although we could use some hi tech equips
    /Vyvin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kavanah View Post
    Ok here is my first feedback about AO3...

On part 5 you have the option of several different portals to go through. However, going through one removes all of your potions. Can you guys please fix it to where it wont do that? 12k wasted stinks =P

Also, everything else is awesome!
    yes its an issue for me too, then suddenly a bunch of mobs with those elite aliens waiting for you in the other side of the portal..then BAMM you're dead

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Vyvin View Post
    The lagg is caused because of skills when everyone slams thier skills it causes massive lagg and sometimes closes the app..
    Do not blame the debs for that
    although we could use some hi tech equips
    /Vyvin
    ???
    It's a game flaw...A big one... That needs to be fixed by the devs...AO3 requires lots of skill use... It's the worst lag so far with a campaign that costs twice as much...
    Generally speaking, a howling wilderness does not howl: it is the imagination of the traveler that does the howling. ~ Thoreau
    FURRAWN 45 Paladin ButterflyPoet 45 pure dex ScarlettOHara 45 Intbear Jeannedarc 22 Mage Trickortreat lvl 22 100% pure organic chicken Christmastree 13 Mage

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

We use the skills more cause we need to kill them cauz there do hard not because we have to although it wold be nice
    reduce gfx's on skills.
    /Vyvin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts

Idk i thought i was going to get huge lag cuz bad connection but it was fine really. Ive only unlocked to map 4 but i had way worse lag with a better conection on the maga maze map when it first came out.. Anyway i like it and it will keep me busy for a while! I havnt landed any new pinks yet either but i didnt play for that long, few hours i think. I think its great like pre nurf swamps only harder.
    Last edited by Protank; 10-04-2010 at 10:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justg View Post
    Ignore the haters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts

I have played through the first level and it was pretty cool...Had a nice story with a quest and had good graphics. It seems like it is missing something though...I think it is to open spaced with just bad guys...Its not interesting enough atlest the first level. It needs to have other stuff than just big open spaces with bad guys...it needs to have lots of mini-bosses and some more interesting stuff. Please consider this guys i would love to see Level 1 of AO3 have some more interesting stuff more than just big open spaces.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

Just played through the entire campaign (skipped dungeon cause I don't really like them). My thoughts:

1. Fair enough when STS decided to release 2.5x more xp elixir, since it takes longer to kill mobs, and generally their lay out is different. Unlike Ao2 where you can round them up quick and easy, I find Ao3 just not that crowded. Ao2 you get 5-10 mobs easy, in Ao3 you probably get 4-7 depending on how far you go.

2. TOO much pressure on tanks. I just came from running the last level, (Something galaxy boss), where you have to blow the barrels up to get shield down, then bash on it until shield goes back up. 90% of the time I was breaking shield, damaging, and tanking it. I can't blame my teamates cause they just wouldn't live long enough.

3. What would we do without elixirs? All the bosses past level 1 in Ao3 I had to pop a tank elixir. (30% move speed elixir in mage boss), just to be deadeven with the boss. Not to mention how much pots I've spent.

With nos. 2-3, isn't that a bit too much especially on tanks? I mean one, the amount of gold you have to spend for elixirs AND pots. The amount of work you have to do vs bosses, especially mage boss and last boss. Puts too much strain on the tanks IMO.

4. I like it that there is new gameplay, but not to the extent that normal players can't compete. Thats why most of my friends like iPhone games, they're casual (I know PL isn't but to some extent its a game on a phone). Maybe same extent needed to level up, ease up on mobs?

Other than that, still 8/10 for me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    64 Posts

the ao3 for me is a little bit too hard in bosses... i did spent so much on elixiers, more than i gained money... so i dunno how players will buy items when you can't farm money...
    elixisiers should be made cheaper for such a use...
    "normal" players will finish no level, so its only for hardcore players..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

I LOVED IT!!! I love the stronger mobs and playing through the campain is fun and you don't level too quickly. Is it just me or is it easier to hold agro as a tank now? meh ao3 has made every class essencial and is bringing back the need for team work we have all been missing. I love the large amount of health of the bosses and the fact that every boss esides the first requires a tank, better with two. I would like to see better loot though or at least higher level loot. on the second bss 3 pieces of thoth 45 dropped. would have much rathered 1 47+ pink. Also i havent seen any easy 50 drops lke ao2, in ao2 there were the super rare drops, but there were also easier to get pi nks that the avergae player could acheive.

PS the lag problem from abilities could maby be fixed by on low graphics the abilities are less detailed...just a thought

10/10 STS!
    [ENG] Cyronius - 30 [OP] Cyronios - 25 [COM] Cyronias - 11
    Yes, I'm a ninja

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    89 Posts

@Necro

Everything you said is spot on, but then again you may, or may not, have sufficient amount of disposable coin. For mages, you probably don't need pots much with heal, and thats what tanks are for. Just the exp/luck elixer if ever. Same with birds, and getting damage etc elixers with them would be pointless if you get one shotted quite often thus spending more and more for those elixers. So everything falls under the tanks, tank, damage, (possibly movespeed), exp, and possibly luck elixers, added furthermore to the cost of maintaining pots. =/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    549 Posts

I'm still exploring, but after mostly completing the portal thing at top, I think I love it. Pinks drops seem fine; mostly 46-50 stuff of items we aleady know.

I love it that you really do need a team of high levels to do it; that a low level does not survive long, even in the hallways. When I started at the first level, there were a few level 30s in a few games, but they all disappeared by the end of that level and none were to be found on the other levels. Of course, even level 45-48s have to work really hard in teams. Haven't seen a level 49 yet, in play or on the friends list. Maybe tomorrow ... Team split up tends to lead to death and there's lots of strategy discussions. Love it. Haven't seen people talk this much in awhile. Also love the bombs, though there're some insane birdies out there. LOL.

Really loved the shadow creatures. Didn't think the mage boss was that bad; just lasted and lasted forever and refused to die. LOL.

Haven't seen any amazing loot yet, so still wondering what's new there. Looking forward to pics. Hope there're some, since this IS a new area.

Might take me awhile to get all my chars leveled up, considering the high death rate without tanks. 5 hours into play, the teddies were getting tired. It helps the whole group if there's a good bear. Preferably two. Tank bears really rock this campaign, especially with spears and lances. The hybrid bears didn't seem to be doing as well as the tank bears ... LOL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Honestly, I feel the bosses are just too hard. It's almost impossible to do any of them without the whole group all full of elixer. It just smells of a big gold sink to me right now

I like a challenge. But a good group getting killed 15 times straight against Karate Champ is a little stupid!
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

It was way too laggy and far too difficult. Elixirs are meant for people who want to pay to be top notch. You are still supposed to be able to play if you dont want to or cant buy elixirs but in ao3.. If you dont have them then you cant play. Another thing is hitting the accept rez button but you never even see yourself stand because you are insant dead. Devs should make a 5 second immunity after being rezzed where you cant cause dmg but you can move out of the way. I must have hit rez with insta death 20 times in a row. I played for about two hours and spent 100k in gold. I spent 20p for two hours of game play total because I wont be playing anymore. Thanks for the swamp days and old Fnord. I enjoyed it then but the addiction has long since worn off.
    Hotndots lvl45 Paladin
    Choose the road less traveled by - be kind and give everyone a chance.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Sorry to say my rating right now is 2/10

> Bosses are just madness. 1 hit kills is plain cheating.
    > Levels are exactly the same as AO2 with a few different coloured aliens.
    > Elixers are a necessity. Which just shows the balance is wrong.
    > 20P is a lot for 5 maps.

I feel disappointed
    GAVRY - LEVEL 50 TANK | BAVIAN - LEVEL 50 CASTER
    Gavry's Great Ideas Thread | Pocket Legends Manual Thread | Skill Overhaul Document | Quest Overhaul Document
    To my friends, thanks for the good times. Goodbye

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I have now played AO3 for several hours and can only agree with the previous writers. It's too damn hard! Yes, of course we wanted it to be a bit harder to reach 50 and to stop the rush farming, but this is ridiculus! I am not a wealthy player (in game), i had about 350000 which is now down to about 50000. And the only thing i've bought is pots and elixirs...

I think that this game needs something new to spice it up, not a new level. It can be guilds, auction house or jobs. Anything so that the player have something else to think about besides leveling and farming. If that were to be included in the 20 plat it would be an ok price after all.

But to sum up AO3:
    + Harder to get to lvl50
    + Great new bosses with special attacks
    + Mobs are harder to kill
    - Bosses are just to hard
    - So far not enough new content

5/10 from me. Would be a lot higher with some new features, as I wrote above.
    + Some new epic gear
    Dorogan - lvl 50 Tank | Trollpackan - lvl 47 Mage | Tensebow - lvl 30 Willhelm Tell